It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: The 9/11 Attacks & Conspiracies - September, 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Six Sigma
Were IP Addressed logged? Could I have logged out an taken it again? How many times could I have taken it as a guest?

IPs were logged temporarily (now deleted after the tally). Combined with the cookie used, it would take a significant effort to take the survey more than once.

Also, the total displayed is based on unique IPs in the final results.
edit on 6-9-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

This brought me curiosity. Does this site have a safeguard against proxies and tor? Being a long time lurker of the birthplace of anonymous, I have witnessed countless raids on polls where they used proxies to vote over and over to get the result they wanted.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Interesting, so now we know the typical ATS member supports Ron Paul, Evolution and that the 9/11 OS is garbage.
Profile accomplished

edit on 6-9-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well I for one asked if we could get a "Break down" between Members and Guests. [It should put some accusations of fraud to rest] I appreciate the extra effort ATS has gone through.

I too have questions about the event. However, I avoid the 9/11 Forums like the plague. Too much name calling/ad hominem attacks and disrespect seems to be the norm from many on both sides. Not to mention too many Youtube videos using horribly grainy images and videos and extremely childlike crayon scribblings in Photoshop seriously being presented as evidence attempting to get their point across etc etc etc [From both sides]

Anyhoo thank you ATS for going the extra mile.

edit on 6-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well i feel i am being profiled on a conspiracy website, with conspiracy Surveys and conspiracy topics.
An i'm the nuttjob??.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
Does this site have a safeguard against proxies and tor?

The design of the survey back-end code, and "presentation layer" (the questions) is intended to make it difficult to game the system. While it's still not necessarily impossible to do so, we've made it as hard as possible.

Also, the system alerts to a high-rate of identical responses... and we've not yet seen any.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
Well i feel i am being profiled on a conspiracy website, with conspiracy Surveys and conspiracy topics.
An i'm the nuttjob??.

Well, there was a survey done about you and yes... we agreed you were a nut-job!

Edit: @ O.P:
When does the mud-slinging start... Sceptic?
The last survey discussions got qiute out of hand.
edit on 6-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That is good to know, the results are legitimate which is a relief.
Thank you for the response and the boost to my faith

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think there are some other questions that could have been included in the survey - what proportion of people who believe in a covert conspiracy believe in the *same* conspiracy? What proportion of people believing in conspiracy believe in each distinct theory?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
my father who is a lawyer always laughed at this kinda conspiracies and therefore me lol
a few weeks ago he told me his brother made a bet whit him
if my father went with him to a convetion of 9 11 and still believed the original story,
my uncle whould pay for dinner afterwards
but if he changed his mind my father would have to pay
my father paid for that dinner
he had a grim look in his eyes i never saw before,when he told me this
made me feel sad
he was blown away
he believed it must some day come to trial
i hope hes wright
now if somthing like that can happen nine years after the attacks i think their is still hope
also cuz we live have way around the world and if these kinda meetings is still taking place here it should tell u something
also this results are very interesting
thanks ats

edit on 6-9-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My reason for this is the unjustified orthodoxy that seems to have evolved about the more outlandish theories such as 'no planes at WTC' (although strangely, not 'no plane at the Pentagon'). Why should these theories be assumed to be government disinformation, any more than the accepted theories of the 9/11 'Truth' movement? The main question anyone should ask themselves while trying to prove a theory is "what if I'm wrong?" That's basically what a good scientist or journalist would do - not try to disprove or discredit other people's theories, but to test your own theories to destruction. If they come out the other side of that process intact, only then can you say there might be something in it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

i changed my answer on that one. at first, i thought no i really was never "in to" any conspiracy theories prior to 9/11... but then i sat there for a minute and had to change my answer because for some reason, my answer just didn't set right with me and then all the sudden three little letters popped in my head - JFK - and i KNEW that yeah, i have always thought something was fishy with and was always interested in the JFK assassination... and i think THAT was my introduction to conspiracy theories. But, if not for JFK, i would have been part of that 73% as well.

edit on 6-9-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma
Results leaning strongly toward a conspiracy on a conspiracy website? Who would have thunk?

The vast majority of those who took part in the poll are not members of this 'conspiracy theory' website 6000+ Members Vs 35000+ non members.

So, no...not as cut and dried as you seem to have thunk.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Building 7 does indeed play a key role in the 9/11 attacks.

Basically anything the government would say about how terrorists attacked 9/11 and that they were not aware is a very obviously a lie.

We don't even need to know what happened to the twin towers, if it was heat that brought it down or the explosives that were planted inside the twin towers.

Building 7 being demolished without even being hit by an airplane proves that the entire thing is a coverup. No one could ever explain why Building 7 was demolished without it being rigged with explosives beforehand.

I'm surprised that not 100% of the votes state that Building 7 plays a key role. Makes me think if people are informed about it enough.

I was also someone who wasn't that much involved in reading conspiracy theories. 9/11 started it all, and apparently for another 73% of all voters. This is very interesting to know, if it never happened most of us would not have woken up, but they clearly woke us all up and I'm certain it was not their intention at all.
edit on 6-9-2011 by xetex because: info about voting

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monte-Carlo
When it happened I absolutely did not question it, and was one of those brainwashed by the MSN that al quaeda was behind it.

That was similar to my experience, with one exception ... I wasn't even aware who Al Quaeda was. I was so out of sync of what was going on in the world, politics, etc., that I never even voted for any political elections. At first, I just watched without judgement, for I had none. However, after I a few years of thinking it was crazy terrorists, that idea started to change when I watched Zeitgiest Addendum - that was the changer for me. I must have watched it ten times. After I started pulling on that thread, it seemed that many of our shared conspiracies are woven into the same cloth - which ultimately forced me to revisit the whole 9/11 event.

Now, I read tonnes of information on everything, created a Youtube site (on the NWO agenda), attempt to educate family members and friends, and discuss and share in forums such as ATS. From my perspective, I think that TPTB woke up a lot of individuals (which they must have known would happen).

All in all, I can't say I feel any better or worse about the world - if I am correct or not, but I feel more centered as an individual.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xetex
I was also someone who wasn't that much involved in reading conspiracy theories. 9/11 started it all, and apparently for another 73% of all voters. This is very interesting to know, if it never happened most of us would not have woken up, but they clearly woke us all up and I'm certain it was not their intention at all.
edit on 6-9-2011 by xetex because: info about voting

it was the 911 emergence-see! the "illuminati" are poetic, although not always in good taste. actually never tastes good.

great poll, skeptic overlord. well done.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Interesting, so now we know the typical ATS member supports Ron Paul, Evolution and that the 9/11 OS is garbage.
Profile accomplished

edit on 6-9-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

NO, not when only 51% of voters disagreed with "the universe, and all it entails, was created by a "supernatural entity" of infinite age, wisdom, and power", so I wouldnt say the "typical" ATSers has faith in evolution in it's ENTIRITY. Ron Paul for next pres, and the governement lying over 9/11 is definitely the "typical" ATSer point of view though.

Anyway, was good to see so many participate: 42,000, cop that you lying good for nothing zionist murdering scumbags(including the bankers) who rule over us. Now for the public hanging, I want front row seats.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The non members number is what actually dominated most of the survey, they should join in.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i really like the 'member, guest, total' stats on this survey! very helpful in deciphering

i clearly remember that day, i was working for a sign company, i was actually working on the signage for opry mills, and the floor manager came out and said we need to stop and take a look at what is happening on the news...

years later i spoke with a jewish man at a walgreens, and he changed my mind completely as to the real events that took place on that dark day in american history... and he forever left me with a conspiratorial outlook...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
yeah proof positive that people are too eager and too willing to beleive in the evilness of their own government

than to admit that true evilness exists elsewhere in the world ats let me down on this one there are 2 kinds of conspiracy theorists the real deal and the psesudo conspiracists who jumped on the 9-11 bandwagon out of petty politics.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think the reason the margin was not so high was the way the questions were worded in such absolute terms, it made me have to put down neutral quite a few times, if the words "most likely", etc. were introduced that would be a whole other ball of wax.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join