It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Saturn: Asteroid, Spaceship, or neither?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This guy was on coast to coast a few days ago claiming he was abducted to a ship orbiting saturn. The Alien race actually lives 450 light years away and said he had a lot of information uploaded into his head. Here is his story: www.coasttocoastam.com...

Here are his pics he gives from which NASA has taken: Is it a asteroid, spaceship, or neither?
www.thecomingoftan.com...

His story seems too good to be true. Maybe hes another one of those false claimers, but what do you all think???

[edit on 22-8-2004 by kyateLaBoca]

SMR

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Very interesting!
I will read a bit more and study the images and come back with more thoughts.
Thanks for the news

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
i don't buy anything off coast2coast...

there's LOTS of stuff out there. almost everything at the right angle will reflect sunlight. it's probably nothing.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
i don't buy anything off coast2coast...

there's LOTS of stuff out there. almost everything at the right angle will reflect sunlight. it's probably nothing.

Yea. I think thats one of coast to coast's problems is that they make themselves so receptive to any kind of material they get. When you go to their website you have users submitting all this stuff that can be debunked, but it still manages to get past the producers and into the website. Anything could be a hit or a miss. Its good that coast to coast has an open mind but I still think they are too receptive many people's claims.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I agree, they need at elast a few people on staff to fully study what info they get in and broadcast as eiher confirmed or 'pending confirmation' not say things as true stories, cos most of the time thats all they are, stories.

SMR

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I dont think they care too much if it is fake or not,they just take it and post it and allow for it to be debunked.
I used to listen (before that Norry guy took over and they started charging to listen
and offen Art Bell would tell peope in a polite way they were full of it.
He would even have photos in front of him and debunk them there.
It is an interesting site,but I think has gone down hill since Art does not participate as much anymore.

As for the photos above,it seems to be moving as light reflection is changing,but it could be either space junk,large astroid,or a moon.Whatever it is,it cant be seen if it is big or small with a big bright reflection.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
heh, I was kinda on that Friday show in a sense.. I had E-Mailed George about me sensing something always following me here at work. (I work nights, alone).. He had read my email to him minutes after I sent it about me actually seeing a figure in front of me.. I was suprised he read it.. he mispronounced my name tho.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Very interesting. I don't know what the object could be around Saturn. It is definately very brite! I don't think however we are the only living beings that exist. Who's not to say that they aren't parked up there somewhere studing us!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The object has a strange shape:

Here is appears smaller:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I heard there was a ship near venus

I also heard that there was a E.T mining operation on saturn

Just things i heard tho, dont know if they have any relivence or not

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
well if it is a ufo, i hope it makes a prime time media appearance over a major city.
im ready for something big to happen. im tired of the whole 'are they real or arent they real' questions.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It could be debris from some space station or part of an asteroid. It might also be a UFO..shame we'll never know

I hear you, enrage..can't they show themselves already
?!

-Becs

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Becs is right...it a shame we'll never know

Very, very intriguing I must say.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
come on people, engage brain please!!

The links from that iffy website where you get the nasa images bypasses the original page in which they are set. If you go thru the nasa/cassini site first you'll see the accompanying quote for one of the images.....

"N00007451.jpg was taken on July 21, 2004 and received on Earth July 22, 2004. The camera was pointing toward IAPETUS at approximately 3,497,935 kilometers away, and the image was taken using the CL1 and CL2 filters."

Do a tiny bit of your own investigating into these things before going 'wow i wonder what it could be'

Iapetus is one of the moons of saturn by the way, not the name of a spaceship

[edit on 23-8-2004 by Irma]

SMR

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It is too bad there are no time stamps on these images.It seems to continue it's odd shape in all the images,but the only 'time' we have is a date.I would like to see different time changes to see if it is indeed keeping it's odd shape at different times.
I blew them up in photoshop,but there is no real shape under the bright reflection.That is unless the bightness we see is the actual object.It seems to have a 'paisley' shape.Not sure if that is the reflection or the actual shape.

Maybe more images will show up soon.

EDIT:
Well after I saw the post above a did a search for IAPETUS,it is a moon and here is the 'paisley' shape.

Link to site HERE

[edit on 23-8-2004 by SMR]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here's where all the cassini pics can be found:

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

in the 'target' box ,scroll down and select Iapetus, then search.

......and bob's your uncle, hundreds-ish of 'em.

cheers to smr TTFN

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

To me, it looks like Phoebe...........

[edit on 23-8-2004 by ameoba23]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Way to go Irma

There are SO many things flying around Saturn, moons, moonlets, rings, and things in between the definition of a moon, and a ring particle
But, if you follow the correct
path to the images, you get a pretty good description. Saturn was the main target of the image, which over-exposed Iapetus, making it look like something
very energetic.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I was in my car that night and turned on the radio, Coast to Coast was playing on the station I regularly listened to, and heard Riley Martin.

He was good for a laugh. His speech inflection was contrived, his answers were obtuse, off the wall, and contorted by avoidance when filled with the use of "nonetheless". The only times he claimed not to know anything was when asked about other people with similar claims or a book called Uritania(?), but he seemed to want us to believe that he had all the answers to every phenomenon, or Biblical reference, or scientific theory, etc.

Where he gave himself away as a phony was by telling the host that he hopes to be invited back again because he is trying to solicit support for a screenplay of his book, and host his own show. I venture to say that he wrote a story, learned it well and pushes that as truth.

I recall reading in here a similar tale of a poster, who like Martin, claims to have been abduted three times, gven knowledge far beyond our own, and who warns of the surfacing of Christ in 2005, end times in 2012, reptilians and such. But then again I could be confusing the ideas of different posters.

[edit on 8/24/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

top topics

join