It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Otherside Of A Universe That Never Ends?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Me and a few friends went to Amsterdam one time at band camp,cut a long story short, got wasted with Mescaline (trimethoxyphenethylamine) and i seen the all thing(only way i can put it), it was blue(weird) and seemed to be composed of lots of mobius strips in a strange kind of Tetrahedron type shape that seemed to morph/phase invert itself. Only way i can discribe it is like it was somehow a transdimensional shape, I think the universe is simalar in fashion.
edit on 5-9-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Not really, the egg came first, laid by the ancestor of chickens, or something along those lines. As to the question the OP raised, i do not think there is an end to the universe/universes...impossible to try and wrap your head around such an idea simply because our pattern seeking brains tend to clog up at such a thought, but i believe it to be so. Same principle of energy cannot be created or destroyed i guess, it simply is.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
I can tell you exactly where it is....the other side of a universe that never ends is exactly in the same place that it started.......we live on an inverted sphere....ever wonder why you don't go flying off the surface even though our planet is spinning? normally, when a sphere gets wet and is spinning, the water will fly off......, it's the same principle as a bucket of water that's flung around and around and around, only the bucket is inside out with the same properties as a regular bucket.......

That's what I beleive we live in a inverted sphere on the "outside" is nothingness with other inverted spheres bouncing around like the bubble universe theory. The fish analogy works great for this, when the fish is in the water it has no clue what is on the outside, but when the fish is caught by a fisherman and pulled from the depths of the water, the fish is then in a weird world that it cannot breathe in something that it's tiny brain cannot comprehend, we are much like that fish when we die, but we do get the answers when we die, I truly beleive that, but we then can comprehend it because we don't have the limits of our brains telling us certain parameters.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I would think that even if there was a wall at the end of the universe, there still has to be something beyond that wall. Even if there is only nothing beyond that wall, nothing is still something. The universe is infinite. All we can do is sit there and meditate on it, knowing that we will never really comprehend it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
"All we can do is sit there and meditate on it, knowing that we will never really comprehend it." yeh but its fun trying too!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think much lies within yourself on how you define infinite.People at one time thought the world was flat. there are still a few tribes out there who have no direct connection to our so called world. As a individual, we place limits on ourselves all the time. Whether it be athletic, scholar or outdoors type of people.
While it is good to know your own personal limits physically, you are not incapable of learning in any other capacity. Our society puts false limitations and distractions upon how and what we are capable of learning.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
this thread has made me think of one of my favorite tracks!

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have you found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

edit on 5-9-2011 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Pink Floyd rock! Maybe the Universe is just another brick in the Omniverse?
edit on 5-9-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Not really, the egg came first

The egg obviously came first.

When your right brain detaches from your left brain you will understand there is no end to the universe, of course at that point you would be unable to report back to us your findings.

If the egg broke, it became finite, if the egg hatched, it became infinite.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i think that the answer to this perplexing, mysterious question, is something that a super advanced computer of the future will be able to figure out and that monumental achievement will result in humanity finally discovering a "GRAND UNIFIED THEORY"...something that has eluded the greatest minds on earth...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

[color=cyan]

blocula, first congrats on a deep thought out question. It sorta recharges the minds when many of all KINDS within this universal energy containment try to evaluate this location fully.

What's ironic is Earth gets all this talk of it being a DOOM prison DOOM smh. I know you heard this conspiracy befor if not then 1 has shared, and how HUMANS ENERGY is so low in this universal HOME shared by many that they sometimes are called sheeple due them not knowing the full TRUTH of this 3dimensional location Earth in which is called home. Deep. Its amazing how many ENERGIES GROW in what are considered fluids/liquids/hyper accelerated plasma etc... Just look @ how some scientist seek a big bang*theory (heat heh?) So 1 tends to view it more like a fluid type to set up internally. With that as anothermember posted if you launched a probe up up up and couldn't fully understand how the launch location fit in into the entire set up the original location of launch can end up above where it started. Again deep. R would view there being access port to intra the universe interior. Now these who can would have to be given this or taught or bred this from a HIGHER INTELLIGENCE what some would consider creator. And any immature energies still developing within may yes encounter what they would observe as a wall barrier containment. And they may push thru it, but due to what some on Earth would call density or positive negative maturing energies they may go thru but if it not when universally accepted they may end up going thru and re entering the point or little Universe they forced passage the.... So prison? school? hey maybe thru SPIRITUAL cycles development YOU Gain these secrets in which your soul seeks. Like i said nice thought keeps the conscious growing.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

edit on 9/5/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Explanation: Uhmmm

1stly it may be a confusion of terminology... The Universe is LIMITED to what we can OBSERVE and that is mediated by the speed of light!

Beyond that there IS the Cosmos! Please do NOT confuse the two! Inflation during the Big Bang means there are bits of EXISTENCE that we can and never will be able to observe directly.

2ndly it may be a confusion on what is local and what is not!

At the Big Bang singularity ... it was all that is all in one spot and we can say that everything was local to itself!

What was beyond this was what ever was nonlocal to itself and due to quantum mechanical rules already in existence there was inherent uncertainty to what was truely local and what wasn't! ie nobody knows just exactly how big

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
there is no up or down,right or left, in outer space, its everywhere, its all directions simultaneously and wether we are talking about the visible universe or any other part of it, does'nt matter at all, it still cant go on forever because forever isnt real, nothing lasts forever, nothing is forever. there must be a somewhere on the otherside! so what is it? where is it? where are we? even if the earth and everything on it, turned out to be an alien experiment suspended within one of their super advanced laboratories and if outer space turned out to actually be a curtain of holographic stars that they wrapped around us, a stellar illusion they shrouded around their experimental earth. if all that was actual reality! the question would still remain! for where are these aliens? another planet? another universe? another dimension? another time? it matters not! ,for wherever they are, they still are somewhere, a place that cannot go on forever either, there must be still be some other kind of reality beyond even what they can perceive! maybe they've figured it out, we will someday... perhaps surviving a voyage through and beyond the singularity of a black hole may contain some of the answers or even take us within wherever is beyond our universe,but,where is beyond there? it must be somewhere...
edit on 5-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sometimes I think the universe might be a sphere of some sort, and if we had a telescope powerful enough we could look so far we'd see ourselves through it. Imagine a giant balloon being inflated continously and we're just a tiny speck on the surface, and its expanding faster and faster until not even light has a hope of circling around it. And maybe like with the balloon, the "air" that is expanding the universe is the same substance that exists outside the universe.

According to the Big Rip theory, eventually the universe will expand so much that everything, even atoms, will rip apart. It sounds to me a lot like what happens with a balloon when it gets filled with too much air.

Then there is John Dobson (the sidewalk astronomer) who believes that the universe is expanding, but that at the very edge it "recycles" back to the center. No need for a big bang, which implies that everything came from nothing, or at least nothing we can measure.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
hi and thanx for your reply TheReclaimer...i have always imagined it like blowing up a balloon underwater, the air inside the balloon is our expanding universe/dimension and the water/space around the balloon is another universe/dimension that we are expanding into...but...where is the somewhere beyond this other universe? another universe? and beyond that one? theres another one? and on and on and on and on and on, how can this be? all you have to do is go outside on a clear night and look up...there it is!... where is the somewhere beyond the space we see out there?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
" i dreamed i was a butterfly,or was i a butterfly dreaming of me"?...a part of the answer to this bizzare and perplexing question,"where is the otherside of a universe that never ends"? is staring us in the face everyday and every night...the moons, the planets, the stars, the solar systems, the galaxies and the void between them filled with ancient light...where is the somewhere beyond its unreachable depths? is it where our souls come from? is this where our souls go or return to when we die? if my soul does go there, if i am able to, i'll still ask the same question, where is beyond here?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Hi Blocula,

When I was a little girl, I used to think about this the same way too--- and because I was still a child, I didn't get too hung up on the intellectual part of it. I would simply 'see' how there had to be something on the other side...but that if you reached the end of that, and climbed over it, there must be something, there cannot be nothing--- Ok, so one day it hit me so strong and the Wonder of It has never left me ever since--- I realized that that there had to be "something" that came from no-thing--- and that had to be for certain, because its impossible to have any thing without it comeing from something--- so this Original Source is sourceless, this First Cause, is causeless, This First Isness, had no beginning, and that means it has no end (it could not end if it did not begin) So, suddenly in great Wonder I realized that God is the name for this Source that has no source to It----and "God" is just a name for this extraordinary impossible mystery that we cannot grasp. Yet that Source that has no source must, by all means, be All That Is. This is why we came up with this idea of "God" in the first place, although that word has gotten really messed up, like people think God is big ruler on a cloud...But, no not at all, God is more like this Mystery that is even beyond our ability to comprehend, that is what makes it God as it is so scared and unbelievable and Awe Inspiring---My good friend,William Samuel, wrote a lot about metaphysical things, and he called this Uncaused cause "Godhead All" meaning that everything comes from Its Isness, Its Being, and everything is included within Its Being, and there nothing out side of this Being because this Isness has Always Been, and cannot go anywhere else, there is no other Where of It, It is the Whereness of Being ---and there is no other, no otherness to Its ALL encompassing totality---It IS Every thing, and It is beyond even infinite---It is beyond anything and everything we could ever think or imagine and YET all we think and imagine is happening 'because' of this Beingness that has no beginning and no end and Is All That Is--- It cannot have 'otherness' because It is the only thing that really exists and Its exists AS everything and all the universes, and all the bubbles colliding and all the universes of other dimensions and it includes time and space and past and future of but none of things are really 'any thing' real, because nothing can 'compete' with Something that is All and Something that no one can ever touch or comprehend or know--- Ok, I am exhausted now too! Yikes! What a great thread, I thought I was the only one who ever thought about all that---But, as I say, if you think about REALITY as Godhead All, then it helps to 'see' that God is just another name for ONE Without Another---

Some believe it is Infinite Divine Mind, or One Consciousness That One is All and Always was and Always will be.

Therefore, its quite lovely too, because God is the Warp and Woof of everything, we don't have much to worry about or be afraid of!! Its very cool to see this! The Life becomes joyful and rich and wondrous and meaningful in very deep incomprehensible ways--- I am just sort of always delighted with Life and I don't too concerned with stuff----I mean this Godhead Being is really Love in the Ultimate way, because really It is All One, Single, Alone, Only, Total, Whole, Complete In Is Beingness That Is the Isness of All That Is.

Even a big bang has to come from Something that "lights the fuse" --- so There IS Something without a source and I call it God. The ancients used to wonder these things too, and they called it The Ineffable---That is a great name for "God" or Totality or That Which Is.

That's my take on it! Love, SweetMystery
edit on 5-9-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

This is one of the reasons I am no longer religious. It is a question no religion can answer. What is beyond "space"? And don't say outer space.... because then what is beyond that? And that? And that? Is it just that our puny minds can't comprehend infinity?

And SweetMystery - you just about wrapped up my beliefs in a nutshell. I am not religious, but it's near impossible to not believe in something bigger. I won't say God, because that's just a title for something we don't understand. Guess I don't feel the need to believe in beards and bellies because that limits what I do believe into something that is so much more.
Sorry - not turning this into a religious thread, just more expanding on the "expansion" of the universe and how it affected my entire life.
edit on 6-9-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread. —H. P. Lovecraft, "The Dunwich Horror"

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Hi CeeRZ yes, I understand what you are saying;

I think the whole of society everywhere will eventually come to realize that religions were created to control the people, just like secular governments --- its the same, just under different guises. There is Something Remarkable about Life and there is a kind of First Reality or Unseen Principle which has nothing to do with religions and yet It is Such a Strange and Incomprehensible Mystery --- That makes it 'sacred' to me, profound is sacred, something no 'man' can control or get hold of or change or find, or capture and put in a cage---Some thing humans cannot alter or blow up or kill or get to, or even grasp mentally, Something far beyond the human and yet What ever It is, it right here, because It is being all this--- That is Something very Beautiful and Marvelous and Unbound and Free ---Maybe if humans let go of their religions and looked at the deeper Reality that is an Unchanging Presence wherein all things change---We would not need governments and religions and we would tune into our Divine connection with Mystery, we'd have a New way of Life on Earth. Some say that because this Unseen Presence is Here, and there is nothing that does not come from Its Beingness that it makes us all the same Self in a way, one self or part of One Being, makes us That Same One, so we would not all be hateful and divided by labels and a false sense of separation that makes for wars and all the rest of the foolishness of human society. That is why I love a thread like this, it helps us to brake out of the old view and maybe we can move to New Views of Reality by just these constant nudges to wake up to some very amazing Truth that would dissolve the lies just by discovering a Living Fact---Who could control us with lies and fear if we know the Truth and Lived closer to Reality and more pure uncontaminated Understanding.

I don't think this gets off track of the thread, I think there is something perfectly related between space and cosmos and our inner thoughts that take us to glimpses of edges of the universe and Something Divine---as long we don't get it mixed up with bibles and religions and ideologies and all that--- It has got to explored at the deep level -- We are braking free from the old false views--- Maybe in these days we are all the New Explorers finding the New Land of Real Truth, uncovering the lies and leaving the old world of false authorities, controlling governments and religions all behind. I hope so!

Thanks for this thread all of you, SweetMystery

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join