Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Where Is The Otherside Of A Universe That Never Ends?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
the answer to this question " is"...THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING!...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think the holographic universe theory has some valid claims. There is nothing called 'The Universe'
but an overall mash up of information processed and being falsely projected by our brain as 'something'.

When a person dies, the universe dies with him so there is nothing to explore and nothing is contained within anything to expand. All that we could decode is formed inside our brain.

Lol
but this is not the be all and end all of it..you know

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
maybe there's just black outside.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
hi and thanx for your comments ^^^ then are we programmed,our brains actually wired to see this illusion that only seems to go on forever !?!?...if so...who programmed us this way and where are the programmers? they must be somewhere! if they are in a laboratory/room somewhere then there must be space outside of that room and where does that lead out to? more space? the sky of their world? and beyond that sky is their cosmos! that cannot go on forever either...see how this question and the possible answers to it "never end' it goes on and on and on and on..."but there must be an answer"...somewhere!
edit on 5-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

i can think of no way that our universe is able to be infinite, because it cant go on forever.

While this is understandable - you realize that the thought of a "border" of the universe is even MORE bizarre?

Imagine you travel billions of billions of light years and there is a sign "This is the end of the universe"
Hey, THIS would be even more mind boggling.

So..from that point of view an infinite universe is actually more rational.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
"maybe there's just black outside"?...yes maybe there is just a total void that goes on forever and is filled with nothing...but,nothing and forever are words that are abstract and have no real meanings whatsoever.they to me are almost like cop-out words,words that are excuses, words that we use to define something we have a very hard time understanding...this darkness must end somewhere! and where is beyond that and where is beyond that and so on and so on ect,ect,ect,...."someday" we will invent something that will be able to "detect" the answer to this mind numbing question about where we really are and where is beyond...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

i can think of no way that our universe is able to be infinite, because it cant go on forever.

There is one way the universe can be infinite, and finite at the same time. This would explain your dilemma maybe.

Imagine the Mandelbrot set.
. At first when the set is viewed it is a finite shape. The more you zoom into the set, the more you realize it goes on for infinity.

Maybe our universe is like this. Finite on the outside, infinite on the inside.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is not one human being that can answer that question for you.
I personally believe that the universe ends at some point, and is in a space occupied by our universe, perhaps more than just our universe as well.

But that's just speculation... which is all we can do.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
reply to post by blocula

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is not one human being that can answer that question for you.
I personally believe that the universe ends at some point, and is in a space occupied by our universe, perhaps more than just our universe as well.

With this post, you come along as falling into the group of those who cannot contemplate the size of the universe or the concept of infinity. To say that the universe ends at some point implies just that. If the universe were to have an end, what will be outside it's boundaries? What will the material be made of? If the boundary is a dense wall, is the thickness infinite? Is this wall attached to something else? Try to get used to it, the concept of an infinite universe is a real time magic because you are witnessing it now.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
reply to post by blocula

i'm not looking for concrete answers, just thoughts, theories and ideas...someones bound to touch upon the truth,"wherever that is"

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The reason peoples' head hurts when adressing said problem is because we are conditioned to believe 1+1=2, 2+2=4 and so on. This can puggle ones head. Try and address the preconceptions education/ society has instilled in you. Sit back, have a beer n a spliff and pose the question to yourself, least for me this seems to open up a different way of looking at the ultimate question. Its 42 dude!!! What i mean by this is try n think not just outside the box, but in the box over the box, behind and above the box, view the prob from another box or several other boxes. We have the ability to do this, the fact that it hurts only proves we have perceptions beyond current understanding of conciousness. By the way there is no box, but there is lots of quantum foam
edit on 5-9-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-9-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i could view,see and think about the universe/outerspace from the point of view of a 2 dimensional being,a 3 dimensional being,or a 4 dimensional being,or 5th,6th,7th,8th,9th,or 1 millionth dimension,makes no difference at all. wherever you are ,whatever dimension or universe you are within and loking out into...the same mysterious question will arise..."where does it end" and if somewhere out there happens to be accepted as an end..."its not", because, another somewhere must be on the other side of the perceived end and on the other side of that and on the other side of that and on the other side of that...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Go watch 'Men in Black'. At the end it zooms out from earth and out through the universe which is then reveled to show that our universe is all inside an alien marble.

lol okay seriously though, I have thought and thought about this very question and the only thing that ever comes out of it is a throbbing twisted mind. Like you said no matter what is on the other side of the universe we're always going to have to ask whats on the other side of that and so on; it's something we'll probably never know.

And honestly if there is an explanation I feel like beings in this dimension and consciousness wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
An infinitesimally small distance behind you.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

If you believe in christianity, the chicken and egg question is answered in Genesis - on the fourth day he created animals. This then includes chickens. No mention of eggs - thus the chicken came first - simple really if you believe in creationism. Still a conundrum if you don't!
edit on 5-9-2011 by Sailor Sam because: spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Imagine if we could pose the question to an AI, or have an AI pose the question to another AI, wonder how a nonhuman mind/constuct would answer? Lets ask a bot, eh?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by blocula

i heard of the theory, that universe is like an expanding bubble.
you cannot reach the edges, because the dimension room (space) is bend.
so, if you think you "fly" straight forward, you actually fly in a curve.
just like gravitation can bend light, and black holes are black.

edit on 5-9-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

That was my thought exactly, because I don't think the universe is flat, much like the Earth is not flat.
Good explanation!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The spatial foundation of the universe is one dimensional. The surface can thus appear to be infinite and behave as if it were infinite, while having a definite structure.

To witness this potential for yourself, simply grab a piece of paper and a piece of tape.

Cut a strip out of the paper. You now have a two dimensional surface (back and front of paper).

Take the strip and twist one end of it half a turn and use the tape to connect it to the other end.

Now run your finger along the surface. You will cover the entire surface (back and front) without disruption.

You have created an infinite surface with definite structure. This is called a Mobius Strip.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I can tell you exactly where it is....the other side of a universe that never ends is exactly in the same place that it started.......we live on an inverted sphere....ever wonder why you don't go flying off the surface even though our planet is spinning? normally, when a sphere gets wet and is spinning, the water will fly off......, it's the same principle as a bucket of water that's flung around and around and around, only the bucket is inside out with the same properties as a regular bucket.......

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
People like to compartmentalize everything. The concept that something never ends doesn't fit in compartmentalization. When the laws of physics don't apply it means just that, they don't apply anymore.

Like one poster said earlier, it would be more strange to see a boundary of the Universe, like the old drawings of ships falling off the edge of the sea where the flat earth ended.

Space is not matter so it isn't bound by special relativity, space can expand faster than c so matter can ever reach an 'edge of space'. The closer you approach the end of matter the less SR matters, and the less time exists. If you could travel c time stands still, you can go anywhere in no time but you can't attain c in our reality, you would be in a different reality where ours couldn't detect.

This is where space time folds into itself and continues as something else, and that something else doesn't matter because it isn't matter anymore, it doesn't exist in time, and space is relative to an elapsed time something exists or extends.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join