It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USPS to default on $5.5 billion on pensions by the end of the month

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It's all illusory money anyway that no one really owns.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

that wouldn't be putting the country's welfare above my own...since well, I would personally be better off if I gave them all the money I made, and well...lived on the food stamps, the hud, and medicaid, ect....

doesn't matter if you're rich, or poor, or in between, young or old....I was talking to you!!!
what is good for you personally, just might be the worst thing for the gov't....
and, I really don't care if you are rich or poor or in between, if the gov't goes, along with our economy, well....
you gonna be hurting just as badly as anyone else in this country!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In the past 2 weeks we have lost our local Post Office, it is now being delivered from another small town 14 miles away. Although we still have our same maillady, her driving times have changed a bit, poor people who gave their lives to the USPS only to get the shaft in the end.

I fear this is only the tip of the ice berg and the long term problems are going to begin to surface now without bailouts or any real media coverage.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Considering I'm not form your country I shall enjoy a night of debauchery and merriment when Amerika finally goes down. Rejoice!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

if your country is Isreal, well, enjoy your merriment while it lasts...
since if america goes down, the funds for your army will go with it!!!
and since you ain't in the US, why do you care about our post office???

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Just because I put something like that in my avatar doesn't mean I'm from there.
Just because I post in this thread doesn't mean I care about it.

Duh?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
I have this odd routine...
I check the mail,
Theres a bill,
I get in my car,
I drive to place bill is from,
Get out of car,
Walk inside,
.wait for it..
And pay my bill

I refuse to own a plastic card from a bank. Period. I refuse to pay online. Period.

I do not support banks personally, Bank of whoever can kiss my butt. I also use usps. And im 29.. Thats not to old is it?

Yeap same here. He who trusts banks may soon end up losing everything. I pay ALL my bills via USPS and when there is no USPS then I will not be able to pay so then who loses in the end? The economy will the more can't pay their bills the more of the snub my job is beyond ending will find out it is another story.

I agree USPS needs fixing. But The entire system from the top down needs fixing also. All I have to say is when USPS goes away much to most heres surprise there will be many many more than they think unable to pay up. What good does it do a person that lives off people buying when those people can't afford the shipping to buy online?

I want no debit card nor d I want a freaking bank account. I get my check vis USPS I cash it cheaply and I pay my bills via USPS. Yes I have internet and yes I occasionally buy online but it is with a reloadable CC not one that can be raped by a banker or a hacker. If they hack it BFD I put what on it when I NEED it. Go ahead trust the banks and the direct deposit and keep right on playing with fire.

But then again I am a lowlife that draws SSDI and barely gets by month to month. BUT this lowlife worked his a** off for 50 years earning his own. In another year or so I too will have to do a direct deposit because SS stops paper checks. That will become a very disgusting time having to find an ATM every time I need to spend 10 bux.

Less looking within and more looking at the whole picture would go a long ways toward fixing this once Great country I think.
edit on 10-9-2011 by jombo because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Big protests by USPS planned for September 27 across the country.

In other news, USPS is thinking about firing 35 000 people soon.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

one of my coworkers told me yesterday that a friend of his who works for the postal service has received his notice...
they may have already decided to lay off a bunch of people!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join