It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Attention ! Startling news about the rings!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I am here to regretfully inform you that this ring shindig is either a HOAX or having something to do with the lord of the rings... Heres how i came upoun this revelation...

When traveling with my friend to the beach, i noticed a small lord of the ring brochure for random misc. stuff i.e. RINGS, swords, funny golumn stautes and more. After getting to about the second page, i came across a ring that looked STARTINGLY similiar to the one you guys are hunting for
!

Now my hunch is that this is all a scam put on by some geek, because its so far fetched in the first place... Please leave your advice, and I am not lying.

Heres my proof --------> cgi.ebay.com...

Now I'm sorry if this was a hoax everyone, but i'm also getting a big kick out of these forums and I'm laughing silently to myself at the same time
. Please research this and take heed!!! The end is coming ?l lol sorry!

P.S. ----> To further examplify my point, here is another website mystic-caravan.com... ! It is known as the Vilya, the ring of air. If this isn't the rings, than you can laugh at me, but if these are the rings I think im going to die laughing at you guys

[edit on 22-8-2004 by CoffayNinja]
!

[edit on 23-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
ummmmm.... we already have the rings, they are definately real.......

We are looking for a grand prize now.....

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
yes my "ring master"
but how are you certain that those rings aren't these vilya rings? If you took the time to read through my post you would understand more clearly...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
actually if you read back a couple pages you will see it was already known these rings come from LOTR. and it seems to me that you actually think this is real. i think it is one of those role playing games.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i've heard SO and Simon are big LOTR fans... and in fact i thought when this started oh so long ago it did in fact have to do with LOTR. in short though? no, it doesn't.

also, so what if the rings used in the game are similar to or the same rings from LOTR? if it looked like a football championship ring would you claim that the hunt was run by a bunch of jocks? or if it were a class ring would the hunt be run by some other stereotype?

maybe if you paid attention from the beginning, and didn't have such a closed mind, you'd know what was going on a bit more.

EDIT: anyway, the game is just that... A GAME! have fun with it and stop trying to bring down those who are already having fun.

[edit on 8/22/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
very interesting.... theres a guy who is making us search for rings that look almost EXACTLY like these lord of the ring rings? Please someone clarifiy this... How do we know all these -5'-s and stuff didn't just buy a Vilya, the ring of air ring? Huh? And if you read my post, you would have known I think this is all bullcrap.

Cmdrkeen, regarding you and your little post, how can you believe that -5- didn't just buy these rings? Put your minds together people, do you think abovetopsecret.com would come across some ancient egyptian rings and make 'us' find them when they could just buy these 80 dollar 10k gold rings (like the ones on the findtherings website) and make us find them? Please i beg of you, YOU should have the open mind. Before you prove your point I suggest you buy your own 'vilya' ring and see if its like the others...

P.s. = i thought these rings were sposed to be egyptian, not based on the LOTR "saga". Just how old is this tale anyways? Aren't they sposed to be important? or did some geeks get together and watch the LOTR and decide on making us find these 4 rings and giving them a rich past?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
if you thought it was bullcrap then it was knowingly false and posting knowingly false info is against the rules.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
phantom, please don't be so ignorant... please DENY it okay ? If you weren't so quick to judge you would notice that I don't believe in the ring scam, and the only thing i believe in is this - the proof of the fact it is a scam, which is believing that the rings are fake. Now please sit down and calm yourself.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The rings are not fake,..I know mine isnt 4 sure.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Smirkley, I admire your expertise in these here forums... But how do you know if they aren't fake if you don't buy one of these lotr rings and compare? They look strikingly similar in my case

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffayNinja
... But how do you know if they aren't fake ...

There is one important thing missing from your examples,.... a word.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
smirkley please clarify your thoughts on this subject. Are you referring to my bad grammar?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The hunt/search is not crap. It is a game. There is a "slight" difference. The skeptics should have done some more homework.
And, as Smirkley posted, for a game it doesn't matter where are the rings bought from. Only the inscriptions matter.

[edit on 22-8-2004 by tontsum]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Cmdrkeen, regarding you and your little post, how can you believe that -5- didn't just buy these rings? Put your minds together people, do you think abovetopsecret.com would come across some ancient egyptian rings and make 'us' find them when they could just buy these 80 dollar 10k gold rings (like the ones on the findtherings website) and make us find them? Please i beg of you, YOU should have the open mind. Before you prove your point I suggest you buy your own 'vilya' ring and see if its like the others...

uh, my point was that it's just a game. didn't you ever have scavenger hunts when you were a little kid? every good game has a story behind it. like the game clue. you get a series of clues and you have to discovered who killed who, where, and with what... the story is what makes a lot of games exciting.

and so what if the rings look like those from LOTR. does it make a difference what the rings look like? i'll ask again... if the rings looked like football championship rings would you say those running the hunt are jocks? my guess is yes, you would. that's basing off the fact that you called those running this "some geek."

i'll even quote that for you and everyone, so editing it out won't help.

Now my hunch is that this is all a scam put on by some geek, because its so far fetched in the first place...

i emboldened that so people would take notice.

anyway, as i said before... it's JUST A GAME! if you don't like it or think it's wrong, don't worry about it. it's obviously not for you then. in fact, it's not even more me. i never bothered searching for the rings. these are my only posts in the hunt forum probably. why do i stay out of it? because it's not for me!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
As you can tell from my post count, I like to go outside every once in a while. I'm sorry if i wasn't an ub3r h4x0r who searched through millions of posts and topics to find this one thing, because this is just my theory to all this discombogulated crap... I have been laughing for days now so whatever you believe really wont change my views, but I still want you to go ahead and find one of these LOTR rings and compare, what if they have words on them
!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

smirkley please clarify your thoughts on this subject. Are you referring to my bad grammar?

No not the grammer, my bad.

There are 4 captains,..each actually posses a ring,..each ring has an inscription. These inscriptions are to be used as part of the hunt.

edit...understand now

[edit on 22-8-2004 by smirkley]

link   

Originally posted by tontsum
The hunt/search is not crap. It is a game. There is a "slight" difference. The skeptics should have done some more homework.
And, as Smirkley posted, for a game it doesn't matter where are the rings bought from. Only the inscriptions matter.

[edit on 22-8-2004 by tontsum]

and how do you know that there aren't inscriptions on these LOTR rings? How do you know the hunt search is NOT crap? Why would a stranger give up his 24k rings?

link   
Cripes !!

This has been the coolest role playing GAME i have ever seen in action . these guys have been wizz code crackers , insightful , and open minded to all the possibilities that have enabled them to get this far as a TEAM . coffayninjer(k) can you say anything worth taking the wind out of these guys sails with a clear conscience ? Have not seen any of your posts , must be a reflection of how worthy they are for my attention....

rock on captains ! I HAVE TO READ THE FINAL CHAPTER !!!! and you guys seem to be the only translators.......

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Smirkley, I admire your expertise in these here forums... But how do you know if they aren't fake if you don't buy one of these lotr rings and compare? They look strikingly similar in my case

You keep saying to buy a ring and compare and this is e-bay. Is this your attempt to make a sale? If so, this is poor advertising. Otherwise, this post is really nonsense.

[edit on 22-8-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
the rings themselves aren't the purpose of the game...the purpose is to stimulate your mind by solving seemingly impossible clues....it's a great mental challenge and has been a lot of fun brainstorming with other players....

the journey is just as great as the destination....

now that the gys have their 4 rings and 4 special words they are moving to play for the grand prize.....

The game has been very fun and addicative, I says thanks Hunt Admin for putting so much effort into it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join