It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam a genuine threat?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
EVERY religion is a genuine threat.

They always have been. They always will be until they are no longer subscribed to.

And why is this?

First:

Because every religion, in its entirety, does nothing for humanity, except enforce separation.

Consider this:

the entirety of those practicing islam will not subscribe to jewish beliefs, nor christian nor catholic nor buddhist nor any other belief system.

this goes for every other religion. for example:

the entirety of christianity will never subscribe to islamic beliefs, nor jewish beliefs, nor catholic nor buddhist nor any other belief system.

and such distinctive beliefs have long since permeated governing bodies the world over.

so on this very aspect alone, one should realize that religion does not bring humanity together, but rather the opposite...

religion keeps humanity Apart - and quite effectively, for that matter.

Second:

In every religion there is a clause for domination and violence.

within the koran - Surah 9:5, Verse of the Sword
within the bible - Deuteronomy 17

Now many will quickly argue that such things need not be adhered to.

that such things can be ignored, as are many other things which were written that are conveniently picked and chosen as needed.

but then who really decides what is to be adhered to?

consider this carefully - if you ask any believer about their religious text - they will tell you that every word was written under the guidance of their god.

Every word - given or inspired - by their god, and written by an intermediary - man.

Which makes the Verse of the Sword and Deuteronomy 17 - every word and sentence of those chapters - very, VERY applicable.

simply put:

Every religion gives its believers the option - and the right - to be violent as needed, if and when they feel there is a need for it.

Which is a very dangerous paradigm by itself.

Of course there will be those that argue that their religion is peaceful; but to argue such a thing would infer that god's words are flawed, that somehow Deuteronomy 17 and the Verse of the Sword do not apply...

that they can be simply omitted. But then what does that say for their word of god?

for if every word was given - or inspired - by god himself, then who is man to think that he can pick and chose what to believe in? especially when every word is essentially divine?

consider this carefully...

for this is the hypocritical paradigm of every religion, that despite every word written having been inspired by god, religious men and women pick and choose what they believe is applicable to the situations presented.

and that is what every religious human does when practicing their religion. including the so called extremists.

which they are not.

"extremists" are actually far better practitioners of their religions than those who consider them extremists.

they ARE closer to the word of their religious god than many realize - because so many do not realize the true implications of the religion they practice.

And that therein lies the real danger.

Consider this...

Saudi Arabia is purely islamic. Every other religion is NOT allowed within their country.

That means christians, jews, buddhists, catholics or any other denomination are NOT allowed to openly practice - or spread - their religion within that country.

Their religion is LAW. Women are subjected to men. Non-believers are second class citizens and treated as such. If the ruling body determines that violence is necessary, then it will happen because in their Koran lies the words of their god which allows for such violence to occur.

Consider this example carefully.

If America was a truly christian state, non-believers would fare no better. they would be heavily persecuted along with homosexuals and women who do not subscribe to being subjected to male domination (this too is in the bible...)

In essence, the bible would become LAW.

so, in regards to the op...

yes. in my opinion, islam is a genuine threat. but so is christianity. so is catholicism. so is the jewish faith.

so is every other religion that keeps humanity ignorant and apart. as they always have been.

as they always will be...

until humanity stops living for such beliefs, and starts living for the sake of humanity.

again, this is my humble opinion...so nothing more than food for thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wouldnt be worried about shariah law when your country is in slavery to jews, how about you concentrate on the big picutre, America, England, Australia, etc,etc pay their taxes to zionist bankers which doesnt even go towards covering the debt they say your country owes. Yes, that's right the Reserve Banks(who actually dont have much reserve), that your zionist governments allow private zionist bankers to control, charges your country interest on money that they loan which they are allowed to make out of thin air. You sit their whinging about how shariah law would charge you a non-muslim tax, but do you realise that this tax would still be 90% lower than what your jewish owners charge you now in income tax, etc.

Usury(interest) is forbidden in Islam so any money you loaned would involve NO interest, and as mentioned their is NO income tax, so complaining about Islamic financial systems seems preposterous.

Also in regards to the chopping of the hand if one steals, well this was actually waived if the thief was stealing just to provide the bare essentials for oneself(like food), which if shariah law was set up properly then there would be very little need(if any) for anyone to steal as muslims all donate to the poor annually.

Let me tell you, true islamic shariah financial systems would be a blessing to this world right now, we wouldnt have the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer the way it is now.

The quotes from the Quran that I've seen in this thread are taken so far out of context I dont really know where to start, suffice to say that Islam states that if you kill ONE innocent person then to GOD this is as though you have killed all of humanity, in other words if you've killed an innocent person then you may well be in for a very nasty hereafter. Islam speaks strongly about sticking up for yourself, yeah its fine to turn the other cheek under some circumstances, but if your brothers and sisters are being oppressed then you're meant to get up and fight, not be a coward.

Also, to correct another sheeple misconception, the word "jihad" means "struggle", and the prophet Mohommed(saws) said that the hardest jihad anyone will fight in life is the jihad against his own soul, obviously refering to fighting your own fleshly desires(which the west is losing badly). So pls dont give us ridiculous out of context quotes where the quran states that there is great reward for those who struggle against evil(jihad).
edit on 4-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by solardez

Well said - every religion is divisive. Every religion is an exclusive club or exclusive gang where gang members must follow the rules and will be rewarded in heaven for this.

These rules can be completely nonsense [killing animals specifically by slitting their throats, staying single if you want become a leader in your religion, cutting off of the foreskin of a child] - but if you want to be part of the gang you must obey.

The other part is that you have an affinity for other gang members which starts off as helping with community projects building to harbouring criminals within you fraternity because they are top gang members [aka Catholic church]

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
No, but I find it useful for scaring the kids into doing what they're told.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Islam A THREAT?!

I think there was a New World Order or something like that to be worried about right?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Revelation11

Herp de derp.

Hurrr durrr.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

I see no indication that Queen Beatrix has any views presented in this piece.

nos.nl...

Added: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 20:50
Update: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 22:50
At the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam is a jubilee concert interrupted by a man who took the stage and the audience wished to address. Queen Beatrix was present in the room. She remained seated.

The man, who was dressed in a suit, stepped before the concert on stage. He grabbed the microphone and said: "I'm sorry. In the name of Allah the compassionate and merciful. I know. I'm sorry. This is not the way it should."

He said he was Jesus Christ. "How do you call it. But I'll invite you. There is nothing to worry about. There is no bomb or something. Do not get up." Before he could continue, he was arrested and taken away by security.

Frequently observed
The man, a man from Amsterdam who was born in 1972, is known to the police. Spokesman Rob van der Veen of the Amsterdam-Amstelland police said he was often arrested for disrupting meetings and "making a confused impression."

He comes with some regularity in the police systems, Van der Veen. The security of the royal family would know it.

The man continues tonight definitely stuck. He will be arraigned Friday.

'No threat'
According to the director of the Concertgebouw, Simon Reinink, there was no moment of threat. "It was all very short, but when something unusual happens it just scares people."

The concert was held to mark the 100th anniversary of the Dutch Society of Composers .

According to the organizer of the concert was a strange event. "We thought at first that he belonged, that he would speak, but that proved not to be. He preached. It had something to do with faith."

When the man of the stage was reached, the concert could begin.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nearlyfabled
it's about let me show you something that's better for you. It's laws and rules of conduct offer the perfect basis for society.

You are describing perfectly a Dictatorship. You realize that I imagine. It also allows for NO Freedom. It makes you a slave to a single ideology dictated by whoever is interpreting the texts your belief is based on. It leaves no room for any other beliefs to be practiced.

If what you say here is in fact what most Muslims believe, then you most certainly do want to take over any country you reside in and force your laws on people who believe differently than you. We seldom see such honesty and I do applaud you for that.

I say look at the fruit of Islam for reality. Is not nearly all violence from Islamic extremists directed at other Muslims? Are not most Terror attacks actually Muslims attacking other Muslims? Who decides which Muslim group is right or wrong? There in lies the dilemma and the fallacy of the whole idea of a Theocracy.

Why should somebody who does not believe in Islam submit to being slaves of an Islamic State and forced to obey Islamic Law to avoid being punished? How many of your members could possibly be true believers when they are forced to act as if they are to protect themselves? Their Faith is forced on them from birth is it not?

If we are so flawed that we must live under a Theocratic Dictatorship, who Dictates to the Dictators. Power always leads to evil does it not? Those in power in Islamic States are just as likely to be bad people as anyone else and we have seen many examples of that.

My number one question would be, why is it that Islamic Nations allow Terrorists to run free and operate unopposed. Does that not make the whole concept a false one? Can you say in fact that Allah wants Muslims to continuously kill one another and rule over each other by force and threat?

I've made quite a few friends recently who are Muslim. One thing I find most notable, is after moving to a free country they love it. In fact more than a couple when asked have admitted to me they would never go back because it's so crazy and violent in Muslim Nations. It's impossible to deny the level of violence and evil that takes place under Islamic Dictatorships.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Islam cannot coexist with Christianity.
Mohammed is only a prophet in Islam.
Jesus is a Divine Incarnation in Christianity.
Furthermore Jesus Teaching is a spiritual revelation though in Parables.
Mohammed never gives any spiritual teaching that I know of.
Thus Jesus is always a Higher Authority than Mohammed to Christians.
This will always be considered an Insult to a Muslim, that Christians consider
Jesus to be Superior to Mohammed.

This is a deep seated psychological problem that will never disappear.
The only way for the Muslim to resolve this Conflict is to eliminate the Christians.

Islam has murdered 270 million people in 1400 years.
17,000 since 9/11.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The Elite Rich invade,conquer and destroy everything to gain power and money.
First they invaded, conquered and destroyed the new world peoples, then they invaded,conquered and
destroyed the seas, the whales,the otters, the fur seals.Now they are trying to destroy the fish.
Then they destroyed the land by
destroying the forests.
Then they polluted the land with mining,
They polluted the
water, then the air.
When they run out of other places to do such, they invade,conquer and destroy their
own countries peoples cultures,religion,race to gain some more power and money.
The elite rich can make money by destruction easier than by construction.
God help you.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maung

You forgot about this.

Some people think that when Islam invaded, the Kafirs had the choice of conversion or death. No, absolutely not.

Sharia law was put into place and the Kafir dhimmis continued to have their “protected” status as People of the Book who lived under the Sharia law. The dhimmi paid heavy taxes, could not testify in court, hold a position of authority over Muslims and was humiliated by social rules.

A dhimmi had to step aside for the Muslim, offer him his seat, could not carry a weapon and defer to a Muslim in every way. In all matters of society the dhimmi had to yield to the Muslim. Over the centuries, the degradation, lack of rights and the dhimmi tax caused the Kafir to convert.

It is the Sharia that destroys the dhimmis.

One thing I will say about Islam, it hates all Kafirs equally, whether Christian, Jewish, Atheist or Hindu or Buddist.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nearlyfabled
Islam in it's true form, with all the of laws being implemented is ideal. Sorry, it probably wasn't very clear the first time.

For example, American muslims are not living Islam entirely, because they are living under the law of a essentially secular state. Ideally, they would be living in an Islamic country ruled by Islamic laws.
So, why don't they emigrate or return to an islamic state? Then we would all be happy.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
Islam cannot coexist with Christianity.
Mohammed is only a prophet in Islam.
Jesus is a Divine Incarnation in Christianity.
Furthermore Jesus Teaching is a spiritual revelation though in Parables.
Mohammed never gives any spiritual teaching that I know of.
Thus Jesus is always a Higher Authority than Mohammed to Christians.
This will always be considered an Insult to a Muslim, that Christians consider
Jesus to be Superior to Mohammed.

This is a deep seated psychological problem that will never disappear.
The only way for the Muslim to resolve this Conflict is to eliminate the Christians.

Islam has murdered 270 million people in 1400 years.
17,000 since 9/11.

As far as I'm concerned, Christianity is no better.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Christianity is just the paganized teachings of Jesus.
All religions are political terrorist cults.
Islam is the one currently killing people.
The strange thing is the vast majority of people will
give up their freedoms,and even die for you,
if you simply tell them that
believing in Jesus or Mohammed will SAVE them
from hell and earn them a place in heaven.
They have the brains of a dumb beast and will
take the rest of us down with them.

www.citizenwarrior.com...

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex
Friday

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED why millions of Muslim men are dedicated to killing Americans? Or why so many are willing to blow themselves up to kill Israelis? Or why they are so committed to blowing up random people in Bali, London, Madrid, etc.?

Islamic supremacists are doing this all over the world, attacking westerners and their own fellow Muslims alike. Why?

Because of memes. A meme is anything that can be copied from one mind to another. The custom of shaking hands, for example, is a meme. A melody is a meme. A recipe for lemonade is a meme. Even the word "meme" is a meme, which has just made a copy of itself in your mind. Read more about memes here: What is a Meme?

One of the characteristics of memes is they can evolve because some memes are better at making copies of themselves than other memes. They get more copies of themselves into other minds.

edit on 4-9-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS - Please Review This Link.
edit on 9/5/2011 by Mirthful Me because: EX Tags.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Roky - is that your's?

That is a pretty well laid out version of something I've been saying for quite some time now.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The threats made in the name of Islam should tell you it is... Have you read any threads on here? Do you own a television? Ever read a newspaper? What planet are you from???

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Roky - is that your's?

That is a pretty well laid out version of something I've been saying for quite some time now.

Its from : www.citizenwarrior.com...

But how do you convince people? That is the problem.
There was a thread here that showed the more you
try and change someones opinion the more they will hold
on to it.
And what is even worse is that most people are already members
of a terrorist cult called Christianity, and when you attack what they
believe to be somebody elses religion they will feel that you are in
some way attacking their right to believe in their version of insanity.

edit on 4-9-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I was having this very conversation yesterday.

First of all - you'll have to back off the "Christians are Terrorists" thing. Your main audience won't swallow that, no matter how many times you try to sweeten it up.

Even Atheists won't swallow that one, unless they happen to be on here. Most aren't.

Modern Christianity, given that it is moderated by a strong secular component, does not show these traits. In areas where Christianity is not being constrained by secularism and is being dominated by money-changers, it does show traits of being an oppressive theocracy.

Secondly - you can't wean the uneducated from a dominating memeplex (love this new word - I was throwing around terms like complex meme system - not so pretty) to nothing. Expecting to wean Islamists or uneducated Christians (etc) onto an ethical secular realism is itself utter insanity.

The one thing that the dominance of memeplexes clearly demonstrates is that people NEED them. Not just like them. Require them to function properly. The few people on the planet who can live without a dominating memeplex have created their own, or can switch hit throughout their lives, and are a distinct minority. Most atheists are NOT in this category, even if they think they are.

You have to wean people from one meme system to another one. Enmass. It has to be of their own accord. It has to be complete, and meet peoples' needs for a skeleton for life and thought to hang on. It needs to facilitate and protect the cultural whole as well as give structure to the individual. The only other way that has ever worked is to essentially kill all the people holding onto an old meme, and frankly there are just to many integrated people to do that reliably.

And that is what you're missing. People MUST have these. You could say that the dominance of humanity itself rests on the capacity to adopt and carry out memes. These are not optional inconvenient bits of data that if they could be flushed all the minds of people would be free.

You're asking people to give up something that works for.... mental, cultural, spiritual chaos with a side of a couple of centuries of fighting between a hundred thousand new complex meme systems. They naturally reject this.

You need a through, complete, understandable, tasty, charming meme for people to move TO.

edit on 2011/9/5 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

You are right. However I do understand the problem.
It is that most people are fundamentally stuck in the CHILDISH
level of adaptation to life. They view the world they way a child does,
so they are looking for a parent figure to take care of them. That
is what religions promises them.
The atheist has moved on to the adolescent level of adaptation which
is rebellion. But they are lost in themselves.
The true adult moves on to the mature level of adaption
which is Self Sacrifice,Service,Love and Communion with Reality
as NonDuality. This is the core of Buddhism,Hinduism, and what Jesus
taught, but very people understand this.

Adi Da, the fourth and last great Incarnation of the Divine has given the
NEW MEME. beezone.com...
It is the Teaching of Radical Understanding of Consciousness.
It is the Understanding that Life is Seeking ,and that Seeking is Suffering.
And what Seeking Seeks is Union or Oneness.
When one understands this completely one will Spontaneously Abandon
Seeking and Reside as Reality which is Love/Bliss/Fullness or No Seeking.
This is True God Communion or Non Separation.
But Narcissus the ordinary person is so in love with their own reflection that
they cannot and will not consider this Truth. They prefer their own suffering.

The new false memes are Cultural Marxism and consumerism, and they are being used to destroy
what is left of the old western cultures false meme of Christianity. This leaves society vulnerable
to exploitation by the elite rich,whom most people worship and any group that has a stronger
meme, like Islam.

You have a great incite into this problem.
My sig quotes Twain saying: Most people would
rather die than think. That appears to be the future.

edit on 5-9-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
First of all - you'll have to back off the "Christians are Terrorists" thing. Your main audience won't swallow that, no matter how many times you try to sweeten it up.

Christianity is psychological terrorism in the most literal possible sense of the word. I well remember the constant state of terror that I myself used to exist in.

Even Atheists won't swallow that one, unless they happen to be on here. Most aren't.

Atheism (particularly the more heavily Cartesian/mechanistic strains) is a case of the cure being as undesirable as the disease itself, as far as I am concerned. Dawkins is just as insane as the Ayatollah Khomeini, if not quite as directly dangerous. The sole difference is his rhetoric's subject matter.

Modern Christianity, given that it is moderated by a strong secular component, does not show these traits.

Mainstream Christianity generally doesn't, that's true. The Dominionists have large amounts in common with radical Islam. The only real reason why Catholicism isn't radical these days, is likely because it doesn't need to be; it's already the incumbent dominant ideology, or was.

The Holy Mother Church is also an insane, but nonetheless very crafty old crone. She knows well how to think long term; or at least within the limits of her delusions. She isn't going to rock the boat in the current time, because she likely knows that it would not profit her to do so. As Sun Tzu wrote; "When you are weak, defend. When you are strong, attack."

Christianity has better long term resilience than Islam, because it has greater strategic wisdom, and is thus more adaptive, and better able to roll with the punches. A Christian knows when they are beaten; they will usually back off, and play the victim card while the chips are down, if it is to their advantage to do so. Christians are particularly effective at playing the victim, because they arguably had one of history's greatest teachers, in that regard.

A Muslim, on the other hand, will press the attack regardless, even if doing so is literally suicidal.

Generally speaking however, where contemporary Christianity is concerned, the more Protestant you get, the more radical you get.

In areas where Christianity is not being constrained by secularism and is being dominated by money-changers, it does show traits of being an oppressive theocracy.

If Atheists think that it is them alone who are responsible for holding back the tide of Christian zealotry, they are to some extent giving themselves too much credit. Science, the tin god of Richard Dawkins, has definitely had its' role to play; but Christianity has always had competition for mindshare.

The other thing to understand, is that Christianity only ever really became dominant, due to Roman patronage. Pauline/Augustine or non-Gnostic/Essenic Christianity, is a particularly theologically limited, unattractive, and therefore inferior religion, comparitively speaking. It does not include the sort of frameworks for sociological organisation, diet, and physical therapy of Hinduism as one example, or the complex legal system of Islam for another.

Before Atheists reflexively trash every religion in existence as being inherently worthless, it would behoove them to attempt to understand this. Established religions are NOT purely or exclusively about God, at all. The better and more advanced among them offer a complete, and often extremely thorough model of how to live, covering virtually every aspect of human experience.

You need a through, complete, understandable, tasty, charming meme for people to move TO.

Exactly the point; and this is something which Dawkins, ironically, apparently fails to appreciate.

I am, sadly, beginning to recognise strong parallels between Islam and the Church of Scientology. That does not mean that Islam may be entirely devoid of redemptive elements; I'm sure it has many. But as Scientology itself has ultimately done with the Free Zone, I am seeing evidence here that Islam requires massive, and truly systemic reform, if it is to survive as a genuinely socially beneficial belief system.

edit on 5-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join