It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam a genuine threat?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by maung

You forgot about this.

Some people think that when Islam invaded, the Kafirs had the choice of conversion or death. No, absolutely not.

Sharia law was put into place and the Kafir dhimmis continued to have their “protected” status as People of the Book who lived under the Sharia law. The dhimmi paid heavy taxes, could not testify in court, hold a position of authority over Muslims and was humiliated by social rules.

A dhimmi had to step aside for the Muslim, offer him his seat, could not carry a weapon and defer to a Muslim in every way. In all matters of society the dhimmi had to yield to the Muslim. Over the centuries, the degradation, lack of rights and the dhimmi tax caused the Kafir to convert.

It is the Sharia that destroys the dhimmis.

One thing I will say about Islam, it hates all Kafirs equally, whether Christian, Jewish, Atheist or Hindu or Buddist.

I know some people think it will be like that. And i know some muslim too that think like that. But it is about a bad interpretation. If muslim really want to go back to quran with decent method to interpret it, and start not thinking that every sunnah called shahih is true, learn to know which one is right or wrong, things like this would be end.

If a muslim want to erect an islamic country, they should think more where it is come from, cuz no where in Quran stated that muslim need to have islamic country, but it just as simple someone want to have more power and money. Aggressor or invade other territory is highly prohibited.
A muslim cant change someone believe, in surah abasa it told even prophet muhammad cant.
A muslim must be fair to anyone, in every aspect of life, it said in Quran clearly.

The last, in islam believe according to Quran, people who will go to heaven will be muslim and not all of them, nasrani/cristian, judaism, and sabiin. Sabiin can be from another religion, pagan or gnostic, as long as they all believe with a higher power, the creator and live with a true and right moral value that everyone already have deep inside them. Interpretation for this surah is for people who lived before and after prophet muhammad era. It will be so ridiculous if a muslim think only muslim is the right one cuz not only them will go to heaven and not all of them even.

I agree with you about sharia law that went too far. In islam world itself, it almost imposible to have sharia law and all muslim will follow, cuz the different in interpretation, and sectarian. And between that there will be always political interest for some people. Muslim will hardly accept one type of sharia law. But history already show us, some sharia law were actually tearing the value in Quran itself. If you say sharia law destroy the dhimmnis, i agree with u, not all sharia, but lots of them. And it not only destroy the non muslim, it destroy muslim and true islamic value too.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

reply to post by MrXYZ

I have posted polls that prove widespread support for inhumane laws. There is even a muslim on this forum that admitted his support in the beginning of the thread. Yet you still claim it is a small minority. I believe you only want it to be true, but reality differs.

To anyone with a brain living today these things lound CRAZY, but luckily, only a small minority still deludes themselves into believing that nonsense.

Most of the world still lives mentally in middle ages.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Maslo

I do not, I said there are both tolerant muslims and extremists.

You have said no such thing in this thread.

Source, please. And no, something that happened hundreds of years ago is not relevant.

haha, you want a source proving that The Christian Religion has tried to force it's will on the people? Really? Have you seen the news before? First of all whether you like it or not. The Spanish Inquisition is a source. Deal with it... But if you want more recent examples. Fine. I will be happy to point out the obvious for you....

Starting with my original source. The Spanish Inquisition ) I could start from further back in time. So consider yourself lucky.

history.howstuffworks.com...

How about.....the founding of this nation, the United States of America. Do you know why there was a revolution? It was not just because we were sick of the King.... We were sick of The Christian Religion, running things over there... Forcing their will on other people....

Ever heard of Separation of Church and state? This was put into place just to prevent the Christian Religion from coming here and trying to control the country...

how about WW2?

nobeliefs.com...

These are just a couple of the obvious ones.... For more information, do your own work

But congratulations on being the first person ever to require proof that the Christian Religion has forced itself on people....

edit on 4-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Hi, I come in peace but I have to say the WW2 link is shocking in its one sidedeness, if you are of the opinion that the Catholic Church was complicit with the holocaust then that's your prerogotive but it really doesn't align with all the information available (not just that from an anti Christian website). You know the Pope was pushing for peace as early as April 1939? It should not be for a religious institution to take sides in a war, it should be to work with both sides to stop the killing.

If you really don't think it's an issue posting links to such obviously biased sites, we could add this one as well - not saying it should be taken as read for all of it, but let's try a little balance -

www.eretzyisroel.org...

Regarding the Inquisition, why is it relevant? If your great great great grandfather was a thief and murderer, should you be judged as the same? I think and hope not.

Regarding the revolution, seeing as America came into being as predominantly Christian (I don't really care what religion if any the blokes in the room who wrote the Constitution were followers of, they aren't representative of the rest of the country at the time) then how does that arguement work?

Seriously, puzzled. If I seem like I'm defending Christianity, that's because you put it out there to be dissected. I have the same feelings about all the Abrahamic faiths - it's not the faith, it's the individual persons interpretation of its writing that can be the issue.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by simo002

Islam does not equal Peace.

Islam means Peace Through SUBMISSION.

Faith not required.

edit on 2011/9/5 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
In answer to your Q, I'd like to direct you to these two recent articles below. Both articles discuss the concerted effort that has been directed toward raising and spreading the "alarm" about Islam as a threat.

Article #1 addresses the origins of the conservative movement's attempt, inspired in 1971, by former US Supreme Court Justice Lewis Powell, to aggressively attack any semblance of democratic aspirations that would threaten corporate dominance. Behind this attack were the gazillionaire funders, such as Richard Mellon Scaife, who, through their foundations "helped finance the creation of the pillars of the conservative movement." It turns out, these same sugardaddy moneymen are behind the promotion of Islamaphobia throughout the US. The article goes on to explain how much and to which bigots this funding has been going, the consequences of this "crusade," and the implications upon an ultimately great target: a democracy that threatens the powers that be.

Article #2 goes into much more detail into who the actual players are in disseminating the rhetoric, what their funding entails and how they use this funding to keep America scared into asking such a Q as: "Is Islam a Genuine Threat?"

"U.S. Right Wing and GOP Presidential Candidates Spreading Paranoid Anti-Muslim Hysteria as Part of Take-Over Strategy" By Max Blumenthal, AlterNet
 Posted on September 1, 2011

www.alternet.org... trategy

Excerpt: "The sudden rise of Islamophobia in the United States is alarming while the movement that advances anti-Muslim resentment seems bizarre and filled with eccentric, even dangerous characters. But when viewed in the context of a new, groundbreaking research document by the Center for American Progress and an obscure, decades-old political memorandum by a long-forgotten former Supreme Court Justice, the Islamophobic crusade raging across the country appears perfectly in line with longstanding goals and methods of conservative organizing, and is aimed at much more than demonizing Muslims."

"Exposed: Right-Wing Think Tanks and Bloggers Conducted Secret 10-Year Campaign to Fan Fear of Muslims" By Jim Lobe, IPS News
 Posted on August 29, 2011

www.alternet.org...

Excerpt: "A small group of inter-connected foundations, think tanks, pundits, and bloggers is behind the 10-year-old campaign to promote fear of Islam and Muslims in the U.S., according to a major investigative report released here Friday by the Center for American Progress (CAP).

The 130-page report, ‘Fear, Inc.: The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America’, identifies seven foundations that have quietly provided a total of more than 42 million dollars to key individuals and organisations that have spearheaded the nation-wide effort between 2001 and 2009." 

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by nearlyfabled
Islam in it's true form, with all the of laws being implemented is ideal. Sorry, it probably wasn't very clear the first time.

For example, American muslims are not living Islam entirely, because they are living under the law of a essentially secular state. Ideally, they would be living in an Islamic country ruled by Islamic laws.
So, why don't they emigrate or return to an islamic state? Then we would all be happy.

Where would they emigrate to? Islam is a religion, not a statement of your country of birth. Stop being so close minded, anyone can convert to Islam as they can to any religion.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Know the religion before you assume that everyone in the Islamic faith wants to force it's will on others.....

I do not, I said there are both tolerant muslims and extremists.

Now, you want to talk to a religious person that loves to force his will on other? go talk to the pope.....

Source, please. And no, something that happened hundreds of years ago is not relevant.

Yeah, Christianity/Catholicism would never force itself on anybody in this day and age. Just ask all those married gay couples. Oh....wait....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGod

Fortunately, they ARE the crazy minority.

In many countries in the Middle-East - crazy reigns supreme.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sure, Muslims exterminated 95% of the 25 million indigenous population of the Americas, not Catholic & Protestants.

Relatively, Christians are a historically and presently most peaceful people, Just look at the New World

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGod

Yeah, Christianity/Catholicism would never force itself on anybody in this day and age. Just ask all those married gay couples. Oh....wait....

Which only shows that religions are a danger for society even after hundreds of years of secularisation, and further reinforces my point about much less secularised Islam being a threat.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Any religion that becomes the law is a threat, just like any law that seeks to ban a religion (Still looking at you, U.S.A.) is a threat. Some are just a lot sneakier than others and instead of calling it Sharia law or Christian Law, or God's Will, they slide these religious laws into the books under the guise of a secular congress.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I'm aware that the American government has, in the past, thrived on a steady succession of global threats"

obviously, not aware enough. lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Reminds me: Every religion isn't as peaceful. Heck remember the KKK was formed under Christianity?
edit on 5-9-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
the real saveing grase of america is its tough neibor hoods and people who own guns nothing els the nukes juts scare them alittle

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Everything can be used for good or for evil.

It's that simple.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm not sure how to install a video here, but go and watch this first and savor the flavor:

Former 4-star U.S General admits to America Foreign Policy Coup

Then read:

The tenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks will occur in a few days, and former counterterrorism expert Richard Clarke recently told the filmmakers of “9/11 Press For Truth” that certain high level CIA officials could have prevented the attacks, and the tragedy wasn’t simply a case of a low-level analyst dropping the ball. Clarke stated: “It’s not as I originally thought, which was that one lonely CIA analyst got the information and didn’t somehow recognize the significance of it. No, 50 personnel knew about this. Among the 50 people in CIA who knew these guys were in the country was the CIA director…. We therefore conclude that there was a high-level decision inside CIA ordering people not to share that information.” I would also recommend that Clarke look at my NewsWithViews column on the 8th anniversary of 9/11 with its many other unanswered questions regarding the attacks.

Snip

With Egyptian protestors outside the Israeli embassy in Cairo recently bearing signs with swastikas and saying “The Gas Chambers Are Ready,” it’s apparent that the U.S. has dropped the ball on the so-called spontaneous revolutions occurring in the Middle East and North Africa. In my last NewsWithViews column “The Absolute Power Game,” I quoted liberal Marxist Muslim Tarek Fatah as indicating that Islam is being used by the Fascist forces of the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) to gain control over countries in that region.
- Read the rest.

Also:

Obama Signs Executive Order for Sanctions and Regime Change in Syria Without Congress

Also:

Jihadists plot to take over Libya

The Libyan rebels are saturated and financed with the Muslim Brotherhood and Al CIA'da.

Look up "The Non Integrating Gap and the Core", "The Pentagons New Map", and "Project for the New American Century".

Folks, have you not seen, that since 911 (actually further back) ... that something is seriously wrong here? And here I thought all this time that our government expected me to poop my pants at the very mention of the BOO. And here is our government militarily giving these people cover.

Type in your search bar: Muslim Brotherhood and the Nazi Connection

While you are typing that in your search bar, contemplate on these words: The ... Department ... of ... Homeland ... Security. What image do those words conjure up in your head?

So what exactly could be the purpose of getting the whole wussy population of Amerika to poop their pants at every mention of the Muslim Boo, while our own government is actually giving military and diplomatic aid to the Muslim Brotherhood and Al CIA'da?

Just something to contemplate.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Nope. IMO it is just a product of our time. It will pass and soon enough US will find another boogieman. And everyone will change bandwagon.

Though the threat from small group of individuals is there. That is mostly because US also takes part in creating terrorist. US needs to understand how and why terrorist are created and what part does it take in creating them it self.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Here's a short video that might interest some of you. 3 things you might know about Islam...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Jesus Christ invites you no matter what you have done or where you have come from or how you dress.

That might be true of Jesus as an individual. It sure as Hell ain't true of Christians.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Muslim viewpoint comes down to this.

Western culture is corrupt, and should be changed, and they feel that their culture is the most superior in the world.

But, they want to live in the Western world because our standards of living in the Western world are so much higher than in Islamic countries, which should convince them to adopt Western culture, but of course they don't.

The Muslim propaganda answer to the glaringly obvious fact that Westerner's have far higher standards of living is to claim that we stole our wealth from the poor people of the world. We got lucky in conquering America, and very little of our success comes from anything we actually did. This reasoning gives them the excuse to think that they have the right to conquer the west.

The fact is that Western culture is in fact the reason behind western success, and the advanced technology we developed first, is what has been most important in our success, and what enabled us to settle the two continents of the Americas.

In western culture where liberty and equality is so important, opportunity for all provides incentive for people to work harder and seek out success, because they are able to enjoy the fruits of their labors. We don't allow religion to interfere in our development of technology, and are able to tap the productive potential of our populace.

Islamic nations will always be backwards, and always have been. The only technology they have enjoyed is what they have stolen from others. This is because the Islamic religion is far too controlling to allow any advancement. Those who control the religion, control everything, and so scientific endeavors are never rewarded, and all technological progress grinds to a halt.

The proof is the fact that even with all the enormous wealth Islamic nations have gained because, out of sheer luck, their nations in the desert were sitting on the largest reserves of black gold on the planet, Islamic nations have completely failed to develop any technological advancement, any industry, or any means whatsoever to sustain their nations after the oil runs out, which is happening as we post. Even the wealth that they enjoy now was developed by Western nations.

This is the same for all societies that are dominated by religion. All of S America has only third world economies, because Catholicism still holds so much control. The same is true of Greece, Italy, and Spain, and India with its caste/class system as well.

They claim that the west is hopelessly corrupt, and immoral, but all it takes is a peek behind the curtains to reveal that the nations dominated by religion are always far more corrupt than Western Nations, they just do a better job of ignoring it.

Right now, Europe is waking up to the fact that Islam is actively invading Europe, and aims to take over all European countries. The harsh reality is that ejecting these invaders, who pretend to be sheep, will most likely turn very violent. Islam is betting that Europeans will never return to their barbaric roots, which is what will be required, to drive out the current Muslim occupation. That is a very bad bet to make. Already groups are forming, and preparing for the coming battles. Racism will once again rear its ugly head. Unfortunately, this is being forced upon the world by the same ole religious insanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join