It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam a genuine threat?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nearlyfabled
reply to post by Maslo

You bet that's the real face of Islam, but it doesn't mean that it's harsh or a threat to the West. When someone has their hand cut off for stealing something, do you think they can easily and consciously steal something again, while they use their only remaining hand to commit the crime?

It is a cruel punishment. But my problem is mostly with that "stoning adulterers, killing apostates" thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
personally I'm none to fussed by Islam its a very similar belief system to christianity just expressed slightly diffrently. We've managed to survive christian extremism for close to 2k years in the west even if Islam becomes a major force in this country (which seems unlikely) it'll just be another religous pressure group like the catholics or the prodestants.

Besides Christianity is borg like at times to, europe is historically pagan not christian and I somehow doubt that the trditional religions of the americas could be called christian either

As for Muslims wanting to rule the world arn't there people of every religion who want to see there religion as the only world religion.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by nearlyfabled

Islam ideally is not a religion that is followed by people who are living under the laws of another country - especially a secular one.

This post, along with another post by a muslim I saw calling for criminalisation of homosexuality, shows that tolerance is in short supply in islamic religion, and they in fact often do desire to force their religious customs on others.

What religion doesn't want to force their religious customs on others. Care to point it out.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I am a follower of Jesus - NOT the so-called Christian church, which has nothing to do with Jesus even though they claim they do.

I believe that Islamic extremists are a huge threat - and I am not including Islamic people who are not extremist.

But Islamic extremists have vowed to kill every non-believer.

Britain has allowed too many of these people into their country.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

christianity has several similar beliefs expressed in the bible but because modern christianity doesn't really follow the bible anymore, they don't usually bother with them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I do not, I said there are both tolerant muslims and extremists.

You have said no such thing in this thread.

Source, please. And no, something that happened hundreds of years ago is not relevant.

haha, you want a source proving that The Christian Religion has tried to force it's will on the people? Really? Have you seen the news before? First of all whether you like it or not. The Spanish Inquisition is a source. Deal with it... But if you want more recent examples. Fine. I will be happy to point out the obvious for you....

Starting with my original source. The Spanish Inquisition ) I could start from further back in time. So consider yourself lucky.

history.howstuffworks.com...

How about.....the founding of this nation, the United States of America. Do you know why there was a revolution? It was not just because we were sick of the King.... We were sick of The Christian Religion, running things over there... Forcing their will on other people....

Ever heard of Separation of Church and state? This was put into place just to prevent the Christian Religion from coming here and trying to control the country...

how about WW2?

nobeliefs.com...

These are just a couple of the obvious ones.... For more information, do your own work

But congratulations on being the first person ever to require proof that the Christian Religion has forced itself on people....

edit on 4-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What religion doesn't want to force their religious customs on others. Care to point it out.

In some religions it is more prevalent, in some it is less. For example, christianity nowadays has quite strong "freedom and little government" meme associated with it. In islam, things like separation of church and state are much less accepted, along with widespread support for killing or punishing apostates, adulterers, homosexuals etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Let me make this clear, the only time killing is allowed (aside from corporal punishment) is in war. If a country wars against Muslims, obviously people will be killed. If Muslims conquer a land and the inhabitants refuse to convert or pay Jizyah, they will be fought until they do.
'Killing all disbelievers' is not something from Islam.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yes, the Islamic lunatics are a genuine threat.

What other religion goes this far?

None.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nearlyfabled
reply to post by Maslo

You bet that's the real face of Islam, but it doesn't mean that it's harsh or a threat to the West. When someone has their hand cut off for stealing something, do you think they can easily and consciously steal something again, while they use their only remaining hand to commit the crime?

It is a cruel punishment. But my problem is mostly with that "stoning adulterers, killing apostates" thing.

The Christian Religion did that to....

Hell, they even crucified people, burned them at the stake, boiled them alive in oil....

Don't believe me? How is this for a source? The bible....

here is a source for you.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

What of Israel and its mere existence, not to mention its recurring immoral military actions?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

None.

Care to elaborate on these 'Islamic lunatics' you speak of.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You have said no such thing in this thread.

My first sentence in this thread:

Nothing is black and white, and there are both peaceful and extremist muslims.

But congratulations on being the first person ever to require proof that the Christian Religion has forced itself on people....

Of course it has, thats why I have compared islam with christianity in the past. Anyway, did you not saw my sentence about requiring recent examples, because old ones are not relevant today?

Hint: christian extremists in Africa

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

None.

What religion hasn't gone this far???

Not every Islamic person is bad..... You will find lunatics in every religion.....

Look up the History of the United States... The Christian Religion was a big part of why we founded this country..... In a way that would prevent them from controlling the country. Look up, Christian influence during WW2.

yeah, we may not stone people to death anymore..... But hey.... in Christianity, we take the pedophiles and make them Bishops...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Hey hey hey, don't forget the extremist Christian terrorist in Norway who attacked in and near Oslo a month or so ago!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

In some religions it is more prevalent, in some it is less. For example, christianity nowadays has quite strong "freedom and little government" meme associated with it. In islam, things like separation of church and state are much less accepted, along with widespread support for killing or punishing apostates, adulterers, homosexuals etc.

Oh really? What freedom like protecting child molesters? little government? The reason they say that now is because they have already forced all they can on us. For example can you buy alcohol on sunday for Adam and Steve's wedding? With the christian church it's always do as we say not do as we do.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrorist
reply to post by Maslo

Hey hey hey, don't forget the extremist Christian terrorist in Norway who attacked in and near Oslo a month or so ago!

Yep, that too, altough I believe this was motivated more by anti-muslim extremism than christian extremism.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

My first sentence in this thread:

Nice edit there buddy.

Of course it has, thats why I have compared islam with christianity in the past. Anyway, did you not saw my sentence about requiring recent examples, because old ones are not relevant today?

Hint: christian extremists in Africa

You are a flip flop.

So you were asking for proof that the Christian Religion has forced itself upon the world for no reason? Or are you just trying to save face....

And yes.... Any time they have forced themselves upon the world is relevant... I don't do stipulations... You asked me to prove that the Christian Religion has forced itself upon the world.... So I did...you questioned whether the Christian Church has done this, I showed you they have... I proved my claim.... Which was that they have forced their will on the world before...

Can you not deal with the fact that the Christian religion has been doing this since day one???

yes, I saw your sentence asking for recent examples only... Did you not see my sentence saying that I don't care if you want recent examples? I gave you examples since you seemed to not believe that the Christian religion could ever do such a thing....

I pointed out obvious ones... and by the way WW2 is very recent.... We are still seeing and living with effects from that war....

As I said, if you want more examples.... do the work yourself... You seem to agree with me now that the Christian religion has forced itself upon the world since day 1..... Awesome...

Now, do your own work... I will not do your research for you....

Do you notice that you talk in circles? You can't make your mind up.... That said, you wanted sources... now that you have gotten sources, you suddenly agree....

You are funny. Alright, well, what more can be said?

The Christian Religion has forced themselves upon the world.... I have provided sources. If you want more, google it....

edit on 4-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
All the appeasers and apologists keep trying to point out that there are 'good muslims' blah blah. This is simply as excercise in distraction - seeing as this thread is about whether Islam is a threat, not individual muslims.

Really all one needs to know about Islam is that you get killed if you leave or criticise it - an inconvenient fact that the appeasers will never address!

A statistical analysis of Islamic writings:

I would like to address the often-overlooked but the central question in the war on terror: is the Muslim outlook vis-à-vis terror sponsorship driven by Islamic doctrines?

FP: Summarize for us statistical analysis of Islamic doctrines. Muthuswamy: More than most religions or ancient ideologies, Islam’s foundational texts may be well-placed for a statistical analysis. These texts form Islam’s trilogy – the Koran, the Hadiths and the Sira. The Koran plays a unique and commanding role in the trilogy as it is seen to represent “revelations” from God, given through its messenger prophet Muhammed. The Hadiths represent sayings of Muhammed and the Sira is a biography of him.

By most accounts, Muslims attach great deal of importance to the trilogy in guiding their life. Importantly, these texts, in particular the Koran, appear to have remained in just one form over a thousand years. Hence, these texts can be seen as a reliable and critical “data” upon which a useful statistical analysis can be carried out. Bill Warner of the Center for the Study of Political Islam has pioneered the statistical analysis of Islamic doctrines and has come up with some of the most incisive and groundbreaking results.

Extensive discussion of his work is given in my book. But let me refer to a synthesis that stands out, and conclusively defines what we are up against: 61 percent of the Koran talks ills of unbelievers or calls for their violent conquest and subjugation, but only 2.6 percent of it talks about the overall good of humanity. The above statistical analysis forms the basis not just for contesting but even for comprehensively discrediting the often quoted description of Islam as a “religion of peace.” In fact, an appropriate and statistically acceptable characterization is that Islamic doctrines overwhelmingly preach dislike, hatred and conquest of unbelievers and that this material constitutes the majority of the content in the Koran.

Using this statistical basis, one may also interpret that the token “goodness” toward unbelievers is present in the Koran in order to camouflage the true intent of subjugating and conquering them. When this anti-unbeliever-rich Islamic doctrine is preached through mainstream mosques, one could justifiably claim that neither the mosques nor the people who deliver the sermons there nor those who listen to them are likely to develop a moderate outlook toward unbelievers.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

The Christian Religion has forced themselves upon the world.... I have provided sources.

But I agree. I have just expressed my opinion that no religions are equal and CURRENTLY, in some religions, extremism is more prevalent, and in some it is less, with Islam being the biggest threat. I am not a christian, nor do I desire to defend their ideology or downplay the threat they possess.

Nice edit there buddy.

It was no edit, the edit was to add the word "psychopathic". Not that I care whether you believe me..
edit on 4/9/11 by Maslo because: edit comment

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join