It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New conflicts on Kosovo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Update

21.02 - Šef Euleksa Gzavije de Marnjak osudio je "napade Srba" i dodao da pored mirnih "postoje i druge metode da se sprovede zakon i uspostavi red". "Barikade su prepreka slobodi kretanja. Mi pokušavamo da primenimo mirne metode, ali ako to ne bude dovoljno postoje i drugi načini da se uspostavi red i zakon", rekao je Marnjak. On je osudio "nasilje Srba" i istakao da "situacija ne može ostati ovakva kakva jeste,"

Eulex Chief Gzavije de Marnjak condemned Serb attacks and added that in addition to the peaceful methods there are other methods to maintain law and order. Barricades are the obstacles to the freedom of movement. We try to apply peaceful methods, but if that is not enough then there are other methods to maintain law and order, Marnjak said. He condemned Serb violence and remarked that the situation cannot remain as it is now....

My translation because Google in not yet proficient in my language, I might had the name wrong tho...
Opinion: unacceptable!
By the way, 9 KFOR soldiers lightly injured, 8 US and 1 German.
In congrats to unnamed civilians, 10 lightly and 7 critical....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Really?
Do you really know history?
I think you don't know history.

And man hold on,no need for insulting.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Rumors/Unconfirmed reports of mobilization of Serbia's military and possible military rescue operation on Kosovo.
AGAIN, NOT confirmed as of now but there were war schedules handout TODAY and threats of fines and imprisonment in case of not responding to the call of duty...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Golf-November everyone, will say hi tomorrow when I can!

Let us hope all goes well....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
NATO definitely needs to keep itself out of any possible conflict in Kosovo. They already stole land from the ethnic natives and gave it to invaders back in the 1990s, are that bad enough? Now they want to chase out the remaining natives to finish the ethnic cleansing they began over 10 years ago. All I have to say is that my position on any conflict is firmly on the side of Serbia and their right to take back their ethnic homeland which was violently stolen from them. If anything occurs let it be between the Serbs and the Albanians, not any foreign powers meddling where they do not belong. And if NATO decides to join the Albanians hopefully Serbia will reach out to Russia for defense.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Kosovo is headed for a conflict - that is undeniable. That has been undeniable ever since the US granted them "independence". What do you think is going to happen if you bust into a sovereign country with full force, divide it based on your own whim with use of force, and keep the resulting two sides separated by force? Did the US or its European minions actually think that Serbians will let this go? No self-respecting nationality will let this go. US created this mess, US is responsible for it, and no matter how much it keeps preaching that "Kosovo is independent" while its fingers are firmly shoved in its ears - it will remain a mess. The Bush administration and NATO thought that by giving Kosovo "independence" (and who the hell is the US to give anyone independence?), they are wiping their hands clean of the illegal acts that US and NATO committed during their unprovoked attack on Serbia. It's is too bad for them that Serbians, and those allied with Serbians, have a longer lasting memory than that.

The Serbians in Northern Kosovo are effectively the majority who were forced to become a minority in their own land. And as a minority surrounded by Albanians, they are and will continue to be in constant threat of ethnical cleansing and discrimination. And who did NATO place to "protect" (aka police) the Serbians in Kosovo? The Germans of all people. Whoever thought of that was either playing a cruel joke, or is completely brain dead. The Serbians still have the Nazi occupation and genocide against Serbians fresh in their minds, and will for generations to come. Why wouldn't Serbians just be thrilled with having their old occupier back to police them?

US must face the facts. It created a bloody mess, that will only continue to get worse. Many nations, including Russia, China, and India gave very direct and strict warning to the US not to proceed with Kosovo "independence" - but since when does US government listen to anyone. And the worst thing is that this won't really be a lesson to the US or NATO - they will continue making the same mistakes over and over again - in fact they are already.

It is time for Europeans to see what is truly happening in Kosovo, and what caused it. Kosovo's "independence" needs to be reassessed, and sooner rather than later. US is not going to do anything, but Europe still has the power to. If anything, the Serbian-populated parts of Kosovo need to be transfered under full Serbian control. The only alternative is bloodshed. And by the looks of it, it will start soon.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I WARN ALL IF YOU LOOK AT THE VIDEOS LINKED (not displayed) AND HAVE NOT SEEN PICTURES OR VIDEOS OF ETHNIC CLEANSING YOU WILL BE SHOCKED GRAPHIC WARNING!

Originally posted by Nikola014

Really?
Do you really know history?
I think you don't know history.

In reply your post here proves your knowledge of even your own countries history no?

Originally posted by Nikola014
reply to post by Krono

Isn't KFOR some kind of NATO unit?

Ahem?

As this thread is WAY out of balance, any truth from both sides, and so to me very apparently lacking in moderation, for some strange reason.... for some perspective on the realities of ethnic cleansing... eh the following?

WARNING: The following video contains explicit images of violence.

In Serbia, many felt it was a nightmare best forgotten. Some pretended it never happened. But the sudden appearance of a horrifying long-suppressed videotape has made it impossible to ignore.

"It was important to react immediately on the basis of this video, which was shocking and terrible for all of us." So said Serbian Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica June 2, 2005, as he announced the arrest of several soldiers who appear in a graphic video broadcast last May on television in Serbia.

It is a tape that has finally forced a reluctant Serbian government in Belgrade to confront wartime atrocities, including the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, in which Serb soldiers killed more than 7,000 Bosnian Muslim men and boys. The video captures a uniformed Serbian paramilitary unit executing six civilian men. It is now evidence at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in The Hague, which provided a copy to FRONTLINE/World.
Public Broadcasting Service

Can be seen here, is your beloved leader at the time lying to in the above?

Below is an mothers testimony

Is the following an lie to?

The BBC has obtained exclusive footage of alleged Serb massacres of Kosovo Albanians filmed by an amateur cameraman who risked his life smuggling the video out of Kosovo.

The film appears to show the first pictures of last week's reported Serb atrocities in the village of Krusa near Pec.

Kosovo: Special Report
"It shows the bodies of several young men who were killed with a single bullet to the head after trying to escape.

Because the Internet can be seen by people of all ages, BBC News Online has removed from George Alagiah's report one image which might prove distressing to some.
BBC WARNING GRAPHIC most removed as unfit for broadcasting

Is the following an lie?

Do I need to recheck as you keep saying my history?

This is the official report the human rights findings of the OSCE Kosovo Verification Mission, led by Ambassador Bill Walker between October 1998 to June 1999.

The extensive report details "a pattern of human rights and humanitarian law violations on a staggering scale, often committed with extreme and appalling violence." It includes a municipality-by-municipality accounting of atrocities and a picture gallery.

Is history wrong here to?

This report was issued in December 1999 by the U.S. State Department. Based on refugee accounts, NGO documentation, and unclassified government sources, it describes war crimes committed by Serbian forces, including summary execution, burning of homes, and forcible displacement of Kosovar Albanians. It also includes an account of retributive violence carried out by Albanians against Serbs in the aftermath of the war.

How about the following?

Is Human Rights watch also an Voice of "europe" who apparently are to blame for all this?

Arte Human Rights watch really an underground Muslim Faction reigning an propoganda war on the blond haired bleu eyed serbs?

This report documents torture, killings, rapes, forced expulsions, and other war crimes committed by Serbian and Yugoslav government forces against Kosovar Albanians between March 24 and June 12, 1999, the period of NATO's air campaign against Yugoslavia. The report reveals a coordinated and systematic campaign to terrorize, kill, and expel the ethnic Albanians of Kosovo that was organized by the highest levels of the Serbian and Yugoslav governments in power at that time. Naturally, these crimes did not occur in isolation.
Humans Rights Watch

More PROPOGANDA?

Lol

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I see you have alots of harted on the serbs and that your believeing the western propaganda on how brutal and ethinc cleansing thats most pure nonsense i have read in a while, for centuries Serbs have defended there homeland and there birth right homeland home of Kosovo.

The Albanians now seek and threaten Serbs of ethinc cleansing, and they threaten to create a Greater
Albania even the re elected prime minster of Kosovo by america supports the creation of a Greater Albania.

To whom give the Albanians the right to change the name of Kosovo into Kosova?
is it because the Albanians are nearing there goal of taking over all of Kosovo?

Where was BBC,PBS CNN when the Albanians burneded down Churches then they cliamed that land as there own? well where were they

KFOR Leaves, Albanians destroy Saint Elijah Church, Podujevo

ALBANIAN KOSSOVO BURN ORTHODOXE CHURCH

I have alot of links to support as for your little human rights watch report its a known fact that they were on the side with the Albanians from the start.

Didnt you know that Albanians in Kosovo killed anyone that wasnt Albanian?

edit on 27-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Excuse me, but I was just asking a simple question, no need for a smart arse answer now was there?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I see you love Albanians so much,let me show something about them.

Kosovo Serbia - Albanians Destroyed Church 17.03.

And should i even write about US crimes?Or UK crimes?Or Germany crimes?Or France crimes?Or Spain crimes?
Should i?

And yes,what do you care what Serbia does in their country?Who are you to judge?Your country,killed many many many many many many many many many more
people.

You came on this forum because you think the world media are been controlled by someone,but yet,you use them as you source?!

LEARN HISTORY!Especially Balkan war 1,if you know what that is!

Bosnian people are Serbs.Albanians are Serbs.Croatians are Serbs.

If you knew history,you would know that,liar!

And you ask yourself what is there are many people who hates you and your country?
edit on 28-9-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here are some images of the injured people...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Uh oh.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Increased number of KFOR troops won't solve the underlying issues. It will not silence the Serbs, and it will only create potential for more clashes like the recent ones. The problem here is not the Kosovo Serbs' action, but those of the Albanians. The Albanian regime is purposely provoking the Serbs with laws and restrictions targeted against them and their interests. They want the Serbs to start protesting, so that there is an excuse to boost KFOR presence - and in turn push the Serbs and KFOR forces into a conflict.

This has always been the strategy of Albanian rebels and terrorist groups in Kosovo, as well as Balkans in general, since the early 90's. Using precisely targeted attacks, provoke the local ethnicities to rise up against them, and then come crying to NATO to come and fight their war for them - the war that they themselves started. It worked in Kosovo, it worked in Bosnia, luckily it failed in Macedonia and Montenegro (for now). Now the Albanians are doing the same.

Their aim? For one thing they want to continue to thin out what remains of Serbian population in Kosovo. For another thing, the Albanian regime in Kosovo has been marred by problems and controversy, not the least of which is the fact that it is run by thugs and warlords with direct ties to the greater Albanian mafia. "Independent" Kosovo can be summed up as a failed state (although it technically is not even a state) - and this is not the fault of the Serbs. The Albanian regime wants to take attention off itself, and onto the Serbians.

As for the US and NATO? They know the Albanian's tricks well enough, but they still bite because they see blindly throwing full support behind the Albanians as the quickest way to deal with problem. More troops - that is their final solution (no pun intended) to any problem like this. But it is going to be a very long and very bumpy ride - the only quick fix here is just to kill every single person in the Balkans and go home. But SHHHHHH - I don't want to give them any clues.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Listen - Serbians killed Albanians during the Kosovo conflict. Want to know why? Because Albanians killed Serbians. It was a war, or even an insurgency if you will. Both sides shot at and killed each other - soldiers and sometimes civilians. Earth shattering huh? This must have turned your world upside down.

But it was the Albanians that started the war, using provoking attacks and terrorist acts. Getting the Serbians to fight back was their goal all along - and so was their PR strategy to come crying to NATO and to create a perception in the West that they were being ethnically cleansed. They lost the conventional war against the Serbs, so what better way to beat the Serbs than to get the biggest army to fight for them. Of course NATO is not dumb enough to bite - but unfortunately for the Serbs NATO was only too happy to weaken the Serbs and splinter the Balkans into ever smaller pieces (it is easier to chew them up that way). So NATO played along with the whole "ethnical cleansing" theatrics, and the mass media put on a show for people like you.

And this all started because NATO wanted the chew up the Balkan, starting with the biggest chunks and working their way down. You can't have non-conformists in the new European Empire. It is too bad that NATO, and for that matter the EU, will choke on those very chunks of the Balkans it created.
edit on 28-9-2011 by maloy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

No you listen

Serbia committed ethnic cleansing on innocent women and children

Soldiers looted villages, raped the women and killed the children.

This is not propoganda but an actual documented investigated and legally accepted (international law) fact.

If you look at this thread, now follow what I say slowly....

Look at any at all, any posts on this thread that were not of Serbian Nationalistic stance before my first post on this thread.

Please show me the albanians or the kosovans who came on here being as equally mis leading, also using propoganda?

Now my first post, even though I was aware of this, I openly admitted this is an very complicated issue, has a long history and does have blame on both sides.

And I also point out a couple of very glaring errors that are downright lies....

How was it responded to with, look at the hatred, the anger the insults, towards me, the inability to accept ANY responsibility for any of the problems, to admit of the ethnic cleansing, to admit that in fact KFOR were trying to stop you guys killing each other again and digging more mass graves.

The response to me on this thread imho shows the whole reason that the situation is still there after millenia.

Oh for god sake grow up you lot, be honest, accept its two sided, and also stop being bloodfirsty for more genocide.

Its sick.

Elf

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Serbia committed ethnic cleansing on innocent women and children

According to whom? To the sources you listened to? Well according to my sources, your sources are *BS*. There is two sides to every conflict like this, and each side will put on theatrics and trumped their righteousness. It just so happened that most Western media threw its support behind the Albanians. That is why you see so many sob stories and documentaries - most of them in English (care to guess what audience they were meant for). I have seen a fair share of Russia and Eastern European documentaries and articles disputing the allegations of ethnic cleansing, and even more so - disputing the fact that it was only Serbians that killed civilians.

Now I am not saying that Serbians did not kill civilians during the war. But so did the Albanians. And there is no consensus, even in Europe, as to who killed more. I saw Finnish, Polish, and Russians investigation reports, that disputed the numbers of killed that were being reported by NATO.

So don't try to pour the "righteous Albanians and evil Serbians" *BS* on me - I seen enough of it. And I have seen enough of similar conflicts to know that the truth is always somewhere in the middle, and the blame goes both ways. It is far more complicated than you make it out to be. The fact that it was a bloody war, is not reason to cut a country up into pieces, especially if it was a war as complicated as this one.

Soldiers looted villages, raped the women and killed the children.

Welcome to reality. Actions like this are committed in nearly every conflict of this nature. And they are almost always committed by both sides. That certainly is the case in Kosovo. But I am guessing you don't really care to research or read about Serbian civilian casualties huh?

This is not propoganda but an actual documented investigated and legally accepted (international law) fact.

It is not legally accepted by the UN, nor is it legally accepted by everyone. There isn't even clear consensus in Europe. Russia, China, India, and a number of other countries, whose combined population makes up well over half of the world, have not agreed to the findings that came out of the NATO and EU - commissioned investigations. Guess who carried out and sponsored the investigation? The same side that attacked Serbia through a massive air-bombing campaign.

If your side carries out an investigation and comes up with some conclusions, don't claim that it is universally and legally accepted by everyone. That just demonstrates arrogance.

Look at any at all, any posts on this thread that were not of Serbian Nationalistic stance before my first post on this thread.

And you look at all and any posts that were not of Albanian sympathizers/Serbian-phobic stance.

To call all views but those that coincide with yours as "Serbian Nationalistic", again demonstrates arrogance. I am not Serbian or a Serbian nationalist in any sense.

Please show me the albanians or the kosovans who came on here being as equally mis leading, also using propoganda?

Does it matter if it is Albanians or mislead Americans/Brits/French/Germans etc.? NATO took a completely anti-Serbian stance on the entire issue from the start, painting them to be evil baby-killers. And it undertook an intensive brainwashing campaign to convince the people that it is necessary to bomb Belgrade (arguably killing more people in the process than died during the entire Kosovo war prior to that).

Now my first post, even though I was aware of this, I openly admitted this is an very complicated issue, has a long history and does have blame on both sides.

And then you proceeded to paint Serbians to be the evil genocidal maniacs, and Albanians to all be inncent victims. Your disclaimer is contrary to your posts.

to admit that in fact KFOR were trying to stop you guys killing each other again and digging more mass graves..

Us guys? KFOR stopped the Serbians all right - and took liberties to bombed their capital. And then awarded the spoils of an invasion to the Albanians. Well if that isn't fair - I don't know what is.

Oh for god sake grow up you lot, be honest, accept its two sided, and also stop being bloodfirsty for more genocide.

Again you say its "two sided", but claim that Serbians are the only ones guilty of crimes. And we should grow up? And then what - be mature and unbiased like you, oh great and fair elder?
edit on 29-9-2011 by maloy because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Sep 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

sadly maloy is correct, your soruces were 100% behind and shown there support for the Albanians, just like the UN did, the western mainstream media didnt care if millions of serbs were killed by Albanians or by NATO.

Serbia committed ethnic cleansing on innocent women and children Soldiers looted villages, raped the women and killed the children.

Nice little there, serbs didnt looted villages, raped the women and killed the children. but i have talked to people who were in Bosnia at the time of the conflict, they told me a different story, bosniak Soldiers raped women and mothers in front of serb childerns, if the bosniak Soldiers did find any trace of childern they would have killed them.

I am really getting tired of the propaganda against the serbs.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
NATO threatens to open fire at Kosovo barricades

NATO’s force in Kosovo has said it will shoot to kill anyone who crosses a barricaded area near the disputed checkpoint on Serbia's border with Kosovo, reports RT’s Aleksey Yaroshevsky.

The crossing, formerly controlled by Serbia, was seized by Kosovo police backed by the alliance two weeks ago. Serbs responded by building a barricade.

On Friday morning more than 100 KFOR troops arrived at the scene and forced the Serbs to leave, threatening the use of lethal force. They said they would shoot anyone who fails to comply with the demand. KFOR also ordered journalists to leave the immediate area.

The situation is tense but not violent with Serbs pulling back and grouping at a nearby bridge. The barricade secured by NATO troops is just one of about half a dozen constructed by Serbs, so the stand-off is continuing and an escalation of tension remains a possibility. Yaroshevsky reports that he saw a group of Serbs tearing down a road sign posted by KFOR, indicating that their fighting spirit is far from lost.

Freaking NATO...
edit on 30-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The people in the Balkans have been fighting more or less nonstop for the last thousand years. They will continue to fight nonstop until one group kills the other because every last group there teaches how they are right, the others are wrong, and hold grudges on generational levels. They adopted different religions, different protector states, and armed up.

In fact, the only time they didn't fight one another is when some power from above was strong enough to impose order on them, whether it be the Ottomans, Austrians, or Tito.

I don't like to believe in inevitability, but as this thread amply demonstrates and as history has showed, Serbs, Croats, Bosnians, Albanians, and all the people of the Balkans seem like they are going to fight no matter what. My personal opinion is the rest of America, Europe, and other countries who have better things to do than pick sides in a neverending feud should just let them all go until they grow up.

I'm not saying who is right; I'm guessing everyone is wrong.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join