It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: If Jesus was the son of God, why did he wait to do his miracles?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have no doubt that Jesus existed. However, if he was truly the son of God, why did he wait until he was in his thirties to start preaching and working "miracles"?

I don't want a bunch of quoted scriptures from the bible, I just want some thought put into this.... Jesus DID exist, but I have a hard time believing that he was the son of God. Just "because the bible says so" isn't enough for me.

So many people over the course of history have different beliefs, and the bible contradicts itself over and over again- How do you know that you are not following the teachings of a prophet rather than the real deal????

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

Jesus never even claimed that he was the son of god, people only started calling him so after he ''died''.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

We don't know if Jesus even existed, let alone whether the accounts of "miracles" are true.

If he could heal leapers with his "magic" powers, or heal many at sun-down, why not just heal the whole world? If he is, afterall…. the alleged embodiment of God...the "entity" that created the whole of existence.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The same reason you... who are also a "son of God"... have yet to perform your miracles (I presume).

He became Human and had to relearn/be taught who he is. Otherwise it would have been a meaningless example to provide for us to aspire to.

Namaste!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget

We don't know if Jesus even existed, let alone whether the accounts of "miracles" are true.

If he could heal leapers with his "magic" powers, or heal many at sun-down, why not just heal the whole world? If he is, afterall…. the alleged embodiment of God...the "entity" that created the whole of existence.

The OP makes it clear that in this thread they wish to work with the assumption that he did and discuss a topic from there.

He didn't come to fix the world. He came (just like Buddha and others like him) to provide the living example for those who have yet to wake up to the very same divinity within us. He didn't come to do the job FOR us. He came to teach us to fish for ourselves as that is why we are here in the first place.

"Christ's Return" is the return of the awareness that he had... within *ourselves*. This is the very thing that is happening all around us (you can see it even here at ATS).

Namaste!
edit on 3-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

That's why I have a problem with this though. Children ALWAYS show talents early, and if it is out of the ordinary it is usually suppressed so people don't think they are "odd" but they still will do it, even unintentionally. If he was the son of God, he would have shown signs way earlier, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

That's why I have a problem with this though. Children ALWAYS show talents early, and if it is out of the ordinary it is usually suppressed so people don't think they are "odd" but they still will do it, even unintentionally. If he was the son of God, he would have shown signs way earlier, in my opinion.

Well for starters you are still presuming that you and Jesus are different in your "Son of Godness".

There are stories of him showing certain abilities that he wasn't able to control well as a child. There are also hints that he too had to go through the initiation process to re-learn the full abilities and focus them. It's the difference between a kid who shows ability at an instrument, but still requires years of training to reach the #1 spot among all piano players in the world in skill.

Why did Buddha start off as a rich pampered man, then go become an ascetic, and *THEN* discover the path?

What good would it be if he incarnated, immediately knew exactly what he had to do, and just did it? There is no test there. There is no providing an *actual* example to strive for, just a machine that does its job without thinking, feeling, hurting, suffering, being confused, etc. There is no showing us that WE TOO CAN DO WHAT HE COULD DO. Because we are learning the exact same thing he had to learn himself. His consciousness is our consciousness. We are awakening the "Christ Consciousness" within us.

We are *all* individuated personalities of God remembering we are God.

So when you ask why he waited so long, just look in the mirror and ask yourself what *you're* waiting for.

Namaste!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I couldn't resist .....

edit on 3/9/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

If he was the son of God, he would have shown signs way earlier, in my opinion.

According to some of the Apocrypha he did show them early. He did lack self control and self discipline, according to these scriptures discarded by the Catholic Church. In one he kills birds and brings them back to life and in another he killed a neighbor boy and finally brought him back.

He then supposedly traveled to the East to learn and teach. I believe however that Jesus was born an adept - could have been from his Essene upbringing - and was an example of what we should aspire to become in our lifetimes. Unfortunately it is hard to chase that and a big house and an SUV, and a 401k, and investments. Before long, the money is living the life, and we are enjoying only excerpts of life, when the money tending allows for it.

Why do we spend our whole life chasing what we can't take with us anyway? Does that make any sense. Is that why we are here. To me the answer to that question is a big unqualified "NO".

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
ummm i think he did exist why do you think Islam hates so much... the God of Abraham, Jacob, and Issac-- Jesus blood line.

Islam Follows Ishmael... Isaac was the promised one thats why they call him the son of god plus cause he rose from the dead and you know the rest... It just comes down to your faith..

But really if you think about God had to have one person or thing that would prove to him that his followers and that everyone else would no which god they served the way to do that would be no other than a saviour Jesus. Anyone can sit and say i believe in god the Masons do it all the time
,.. but when you say you put all faith in Jesus Christ the son Of God of Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac people know who you mean... The God of the ten commandments. They will kill with sword thats Islam its been so perverted, so has all of Religion thats why you do put your faith in man because by the Grace of god were saved not by works so put your faith in that... Just pray it will come to you.

Now why he waited idk i wasnt there lol maybe he wante dto grow up first
Na... I would have to ask my dad he is real good with this stuff

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
May I suggest that you familiarize yourself with the gnostic gosples. These are "books" written in the style of the Christian "books" of the bible. The gnostic books were not canonized by TPTB way back when. There are a few instances of child jesus performing miracles ..in which he got in trouble for....two off the top of my head are making a bird out of clay, and bringing it to life. The other is raising one of his friends from the dead, after he pushed him from a rooftop.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Jesus kept saying...

"my time has not yet come..."

then it did...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
if god turned water in to wine wouldnt that make him wizard? so there for a fake...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

what about the interaction with Pontius Pilate..?

eg: Matthew 27 : 11

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What I don't understand is that if god created everything why can he only have one child? Who is stopping him making a whole army of miracle performing kiddies to cleanse the world, maybe their first mission could be eliminate the crappy leaders.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
May I suggest that you familiarize yourself with the gnostic gosples. These are "books" written in the style of the Christian "books" of the bible. The gnostic books were not canonized by TPTB way back when. There are a few instances of child jesus performing mericals...in which he got in trouble for....two off the top of my head are making a bird out of clay, and bringing it to life. The other is raising one of his friends from the dead, after he pushed him from a rooftop.

I will look into this, thank you.

However, these are still "books and stories" written by man. I can write a story today, and in a thousand years will it become absolute truth?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

My dear friend, we are all Gods kids, but we do not know he purpose of life????? this is why no miracles happen since God know's how long.Soon I hope the Great Monarch is coming he is here but does not know yet the answer of life .
heres a small link about the future savior
home.nordnet.fr...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
I will look into this, thank you.

However, these are still "books and stories" written by man. I can write a story today, and in a thousand years will it become absolute truth?

Might I ask what else you are looking for? I and a couple of others have tried to avoid referring to stories and give just the rational reason for it.

Originally posted by BigBruddah
What I don't understand is that if god created everything why can he only have one child? Who is stopping him making a whole army of miracle performing kiddies to cleanse the world, maybe their first mission could be eliminate the crappy leaders.

He didn't only have one child. That is the lie put in front of you to keep you from remembering that you are one of the army of miracle performing kiddies to cleanse the world whose first mission could be to eliminate crappy leaders.

EDIT: The first and most important crappy leaders to be eliminated are in your own mind. Once those are taken care of, the rest are naturally taken care of.

Namaste!
edit on 3-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

Jesus didnt come to save the faithful, but the sinners...

and Jesus was real, see Tacitus, the Annals, book 15 - chapter 44...

etc etc
edit on 3-9-2011 by CrazyJohn921 because: edit

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that the bible itself is more than that...more than stories? Stories you believe as truth, that is your right.

But, some if not most of these "stories" were written around the same time frame as the others, and the characters will be familiar to you. The Gnostics fill in huge gaps in timelines, and give great in site into those close to jesus. The book about infant/child Jesus was supposedly written by Thomas. There are also a book of Mary magdaline, among others. Read it and judge for yourself. Why let some powerful men of the past make that choice for you. If Christianity is your chosen path, IMO, you should be as knowledgeable as you can be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join