It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: If Jesus was the son of God, why did he wait to do his miracles?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by freespirit1

You ask for answers but then say you dont want a bunch of scriptures quoted, my complaint about people like you is you are critical of a religion in this case, and in your already pre-determined state of mind, you restrict the answers that people can give.

Your not really interested in an answer your simply closed minded and not really interested in diverse opinions.

In all honesty, the only answers available to your "question" will probably come from scriptures. If you dont like the answers, don't bother answering the question.

Wow, way to judge. You don't know me, please do not try to insult me. If you can quote a scripture that doesn't contradict itself, please feel free to do so. The point I was trying to make here is that there is more than one religion to look at. If Jesus can be PROVEN to be the son of God, then by all means, quote a scripture for me.

What is the SON OF GOD? Frame that.. then you can start to investigate who might or might not have been the SON OF GOD.

I mean.. these discussions are so delusional. You are asking someone to prove Truth. To prove Reality.

Was Jesus the truth? You would need to know the truth to know if someone was the truth.

I'm not judging you.. just pointing out something Jesus himself pointed out. Nothing has changed. The kingdom of heaven (Reality) is right in front of your eyes. You need to prove it to yourself. Do you live in Reality? Is Reality fake? Is Truth a lie? It's us that are delusional. That's why we run around and ask for someone to prove the truth to us. No proof can ever be given. Because the kind you are looking for is a lie. You don't accept Reality.. that is the whole conundrum. For truth, reality itself is proof enough.

Seriously.. we are living in the most absolutely unbelievable expression of Reality and we think seeing someone walk on water is proof of something amazing? What does that say about the context of reality we have accepted as true? It's like believing you are a ghost in pacman and being amazed when pacman ate a power pellet.. while living in the reality that you are actually a human who programmed the video game. Can you imagine how someone aware of the absolute delusion and the absolute fullness of Reality might think of the deluded? Knowing that people are choosing to be deluded. That is a truth you could start with. You are responsible for your own delusion. So prove Reality to yourself.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The sooner you realize that it's impossible to look at Christianity from the perspective of logic, the better off you'll be.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Thank you for your opinion. I do believe in God, and in heaven, I guess my reality is just different from yours, and I respect your views.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I starting to think that the Elite's created Religious in order to worship symbols(star of david,cross and moon with star) its funny when in all books it written "do not belief in symbols statuesand and idols
symbols check
statues check (statue of liberty)ull understand with the links
www.luciferianwitchcraft.com...
www.chapter322.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by rwfresh

Thank you for your opinion. I do believe in God, and in heaven, I guess my reality is just different from yours, and I respect your views.

There is only one reality.. Neither of us have quite grasped it or accepted it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimlock

Jesus was only called the Son of God as an honorary title bestowed upon the King of Judea. This is all he ever claimed to be.
A Lot of this stuff you can look up on Wikipedia.
John Hyrcanus was descended from the Maccabees who ruled by way of the Hasmonean Dynasty.
John was the High Priest and king, and held Judea together as being a distinct nation.
He did this with the help of his Idumean general, Antipater, who was the father of Herod.
Herod married the Hasmonean princess Mariamne.
Antipater created alliances with the Romans, possibly resulting in the Jews assassinating him.
Herod was safe in Rome and was able to gain favor enough to be appointed ruler of Judea when he went back home.
There were a couple of claimants to the Hasmonean throne and my guess would be that Jesus waited for those to die before taking a public position in his ministry.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

reply to post by rwfresh

There is only one reality.. Neither of us have quite grasped it or accepted it.

Reality is reality. It is up to each individual to guide their own.
That is where free will comes in. Jesus existed, that is reality. Jesus is son of God, may or may not be reality. It could be your reality but not mine. Does this mean I don't believe in God? Absolutely not, I do have faith, just cannot take the bible as absolute because it was translated and written by man.
What is there to grasp or accept? I accept my reality. It is just my nature to research and question things that don't make total sense rather than follow blindly "Because He said so"!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by POPUP2000

How things change........
www.angelfire.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I have no doubt that Jesus existed. However, if he was truly the son of God, why did he wait until he was in his thirties to start preaching and working "miracles"?

I don't want a bunch of quoted scriptures from the bible, I just want some thought put into this.... Jesus DID exist, but I have a hard time believing that he was the son of God. Just "because the bible says so" isn't enough for me.

So many people over the course of history have different beliefs, and the bible contradicts itself over and over again- How do you know that you are not following the teachings of a prophet rather than the real deal????

Because He came in "our" place. He began to do His miracles with the power of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Im not trying to insult you at all, just stating a fact, pointing out your restrictions on the answers, if you want an answer don't tell people what they can and can't say.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

Im not trying to insult you at all, just stating a fact, pointing out your restrictions on the answers, if you want an answer don't tell people what they can and can't say.

Sometimes a person needs to squint their eyes for a moment in order to see more clearly later.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Fabulously well put! I would only add that the lessons of Jesus are just now at the end of the age of Pisces are being fully realized. It takes that long for the ascended masters teaching to reach critical mass.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

There are two reasons this could of happen, One he could of been following Jewish law which required Rabbi of the time to be at least 30.

The other was that Jesus was Mary first born, and Joseph was not mentioned in the gospels of the time when Jesus began Teaching. If being the first born and Joseph being dead, the theory goes that Jesus had to wait for one of his younger siblings to take over the family business and support his mother.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Jesus Like US is the son of god and had to grow and learn before he could achieve Christ Consciousness.

Do some research on where Jesus went until he was about 30 years old. It'll shed some light on it for ya.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I have no doubt that Jesus existed. However, if he was truly the son of God, why did he wait until he was in his thirties to start preaching and working "miracles"?

I don't want a bunch of quoted scriptures from the bible, I just want some thought put into this.... Jesus DID exist, but I have a hard time believing that he was the son of God. Just "because the bible says so" isn't enough for me.

So many people over the course of history have different beliefs, and the bible contradicts itself over and over again- How do you know that you are not following the teachings of a prophet rather than the real deal????

A good question.

We do not know much about the early life of the Christ-- there are just no authoritative sources. It seems that it was the time of his calling Apostles and his Baptism at which his power to perform miracles was first made manifest. That is to say: It does appear that the Baptism, and not the Incarnation, was the start of manifestation of the earthly work of God in flesh.

Since He was, according to the Church, both and at once fully God and fully man, the childhood would seem to be associated with the willful "emptying" of Godly power, His by essence, but to take it up as a mature adult.

It is important to note that not all sick were healed, and not all the blind were given sight, and not all the hungry were fed, etc.. You asked Why?

The answer, I have long thought, is in another question once posed:

What would be different had the Resurrected Christ not Ascended into Heaven?

The answer for those who do believe that Jesus was/is God the Son, I think, is that this world would be the Kingdom of God. Much falls from that. There would be no Church. There would be no government but His. There would be no suffering, no dieing, no sorrow, etc..

So it is that in Person of Christ, we glimpsed Heaven, but Heaven remained separate until some future time. Likewise, we glimpsed God (if the Church is correct), but again, God remained separate from us for a time.

Likewise, what if He did not wait?

An infant who needs no human help?

It gets into because he was fully human, so it is that he learned and grew as humans do. When he needed to be fed, he was dependent upon his mother. We are told that age 12, he was off on his own in the Temple, but even then not manifesting his essential power. Nor was he tempted until he reached about thirty years of age. That too, is an interesting problem.

In fact, it seems as if even his brothers and cousins found it difficult to believe He was anything other than a regular child. Perhaps the "Why?" is related to the "what if?"

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyJohn921
reply to post by NeverForget

Jesus didnt come to save the faithful, but the sinners...

and Jesus was real, see Tacitus, the Annals, book 15 - chapter 44...

etc etc
edit on 3-9-2011 by CrazyJohn921 because: edit

that definitely is what is said, but who is the sinners? what made the faithful the faithful? i hear that everyone is a sinner from birth, so how can there be anyone that isn't? i speak directly to God, i don't go through a middle man.....

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

Jesus never even claimed that he was the son of god, people only started calling him so after he ''died''.

True, Jesus never said he was the Son of God he said "I AM, the truth the life and the way", he was claiming that he IS God and there are many instances in the bible where he claimed the title I AM.

As per the OP, he waited until he was 30, NOT 33 to begin his ministry. He was crucified at 33. The sole reason the pharisees even wanted him dead was because he was claiming to BE God. He had access to his Godhood knowledge, as when he was 12 he was teaching the pharisees passages in the OT that he had never even read and that really got their attention.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

Originally posted by CrazyJohn921
reply to post by NeverForget

Jesus didnt come to save the faithful, but the sinners...

and Jesus was real, see Tacitus, the Annals, book 15 - chapter 44...

etc etc
edit on 3-9-2011 by CrazyJohn921 because: edit

that definitely is what is said, but who is the sinners? what made the faithful the faithful? i hear that everyone is a sinner from birth, so how can there be anyone that isn't? i speak directly to God, i don't go through a middle man.....

We are all sinners, even the faithful still sin. The difference is we have been forgiven and redeemed, but we still have a boo boo and sin. Any man who says he does not sin even after being saved is a liar. The only one born perfect and free of sin was Jesus (Yeshua). Believers sins are however washed clean by the blood of the "Lamb of God" a.k.a. Jesus Christ. Where believers must be different is we should not revel in sin because we are supposed to strive towards giving up this world to prove to our Lord we are ready to go home. It is the lost who revel in their wickedness and they love it greatly.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

That's why I have a problem with this though. Children ALWAYS show talents early, and if it is out of the ordinary it is usually suppressed so people don't think they are "odd" but they still will do it, even unintentionally. If he was the son of God, he would have shown signs way earlier, in my opinion.

What you are not understanding is that Jesus was too young to work miracles at that age. The jewish community would not recognize a little boy doing these things. Even as an adult they ostrasized him and said that he "cast out devils with the help of beelzebub". You are trying to use your own human rationality to figure out a divine event and no matter how YOU try to think around it, you will always be wrong. God has a certain timeline in which he does things. He does them in HIS own time, not ours and Jesus IS God. He claimed that title many many times. He made the world, but was not of the world, and the world knew him not.
Mary knew who he was, the Holy Spirit told her, and he told Joseph which was why Joeseph adopted Jesus as his own. If the elders had found out Mary was impregnated before she consumated her marriage to Joseph the elders would have stoned her to death before Jesus had a chance to defend himself.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus IS God. He claimed that title many many times.

Lies...

He never claimed that a single time in the entire bible...

And you telling others that he did is simply a lie...

edit on 3-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join