It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charley Cover-up,,50,000 Dead?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wrong, Andrew was not 'much' stronger. That would be like saying one heavywiehgt hits harder than another. Category 4 and 5 cuase catastrophic damage. Adnrew hit a more densely populated area, so it looked worse in pictures.. Do you live in the area. I do, for over 20 years.I have seen a 5 foot surge cause incredible damage. Make that 10 to 15 feet, with the sustained winds of over 135 MPH and many of those who wanted to ride it out would have died. and many people did not evac when asked this time.

I have lived though numerous HUrricane warnings and no one pays much attention. We get horrendous storms each year. If it wold have hit the St.Pete/Tampa area, it would have caused casualties in the 100's not 1000's and monetarliy would make Andrew look like chump change. There are thousand's and thousands of coastal homes and condos as compared to hundreds in the coasts were Charley came ashore.

So, anybody got pics of those 50,000 dead?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Can some one from ATS, who live Florida check these facts?

I live in Tampa Bay. It is more than incorrect, it's insane. Even if it killed every man, woman and child, in the area that experienced hurricane force winds, it wouldn't be that number, hehe...

This was a TIGHT, TIGHT storm. I was only about 13 miles from the eyewall, and we just got some rain sprinkles and light wind.
Not to underemphasize the destruction, but had this gone through Tampa Bay, then you'd have likely seen numbers over 100 or more dead...

The simple fact is that most took this storm very seriously, and simply got out of Dodge, or went to shelters. The deaths are from the idiots in trailer parks who didn't evacuate....

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Andrew was much stronger. It might not sound like much but there is a big difference in pounds per square inch when comparing 145mph to 165mph. You aren't talking a simple 14% increase in force. You are talking probably closer to 40-45% increase. Also Andrew had the unique feature of having mini swirls which are common with tornados. Without evacuation a 10-15 foot surge in the Tampa area would have resulted in thousands of deaths. You'd get that just along the beach by itself. I've lived in Florida. I know how populated the beach is in areas like Tampa/St. Pete. If you don't evacuate and a Cat 4 comes you will be sending bodies away by the truck load. That is if they haven't been washed out to sea.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Gazrock, the eyewall was nowhere close to the bay area such that anyone from the bay area could have been 13 miles from the eye. If you look here you'll see why.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Perhaps you live in the Lakeland area which is close to Winter Haven which I know took a hit because I have clients down there.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Wrong, Andrew was not 'much' stronger. That would be like saying one heavywiehgt hits harder than another. Category 4 and 5 cuase catastrophic damage. Adnrew hit a more densely populated area, so it looked worse in pictures..

lol, it may not sound like a big difference between cat 4 and 5, but trust me there is. I study this stuff for a living.

We get horrendous storms each year.

Maybe, but not hurricanes.

If it wold have hit the St.Pete/Tampa area, it would have caused casualties in the 100's not 1000's and monetarliy would make Andrew look like chump change.

So, Andrew was stronger and hit a more densly populated area (meaning more people, houses, and businesses). Yet a weaker Hurricane would have inflicted more causualties and caused more damage?

There are thousand's and thousands of coastal homes and condos as compared to hundreds in the coasts were Charley came ashore.

So, anybody got pics of those 50,000 dead?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
... That would be like saying one heavywiehgt hits harder than another.

I don't want to take away from the rest of your post, but being the boxing affeceindo that I am, I can't let this go...
Mike Tyson, a heavy weight, could knock your head clean off your sholders. John Ruiz, also a heavy weight, will make you blink. There is a lot more to power then size. Speaking of which... John Ruiz towers over Roy Jones Jr., but look what Jones did to him.

Some times you find more power in a tight little package, then a big monster.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I like the fact that some posters are convinced that the Bush admin is hiding casulties. Its also amusing that some esp those that DO NOT LIVE IN FLORIDA seems to be intent on making it out to be Bangladesh after a cyclone. Lets get real here, the casulty count will maybe top out at 40-50 as some poster said. To try to deal with 50000+ causlties would require more than just a few national quard troops etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Now, I could beleive that 500, not 50,000 died, but this is no coverup that should effect the election, and yes, it was nice for our PResident to come down here, so back off please all you bush bashers, this has nothing to do with oil.

As usual, the president wouldnt miss such an opportunity for votes. What a sorry nation of fools we are.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I hate Bush as much as the next guy but I see nothing wrong with him going down to survey the damage. Every president that I can recall in the past has done similar things. I probably would have been more concerned if he didn't show up.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

As usual, the president wouldnt miss such an opportunity for votes. What a sorry nation of fools we are.

There is nothing at all wrong with it. Every president does it. its called being presidential. The Dems would have found fault if he had not gone either.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
[edit on 28/8/04 by COMSEUR]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Florida would have to have been obliterated for 50,000 to be dead and a coverup would be impossible.

Horrendous loss of life in third-world countries due to typhoons happens because of the absolute lack of urban planning, drainage, construction, storm warning, and evacuation procedures. People in those countries live in shanties along unregulated rivers and the storm simply flattens their buildings and then drowns them. All American cities are far safer.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
You guys are still at this?

As far as the strength of a hurricane, I know the difference also. I have studied weather as a hobby since a child, since i live in a place where we get everything from snow to tornados and the sun shines 300 days of the year. I was trying to show that wether 4 or 5, there will be catastrophic damage. This is not the time to be petty on who knows what.

The casualties would have come from the fact that people would have ridden out the storm. I grew up here, not in Iowa or Europe or Indiana, but Florida. We were VERY lucky. I personally know at least 15 people who stayed behind in evac zones on the Gulf Coast. ON the coast mind you. THey bought cases of beer, and planned to BBQ during the eye passing over. Hurricanes to the St. Pete/ Tampa area is like the boy who cried wolf. So many close calls in the last 30 years, and again I emphasize, we got very,very lucky.

and every president visits a disaster area you "Micheal Morons". If he wouldn't have come you would have said he was not sensitive to the 'common man'.

Please go to www.tbo.com and make a donation so maybe some of these poor people who are STILL alive and are homeless (over 10,000 still reported) or without electric can get a hot meal.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
[edit on 28/8/04 by COMSEUR]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Yep, zero chance of 50,000 being dead from that hurricane. Even some of the most destructive hurricanes in the USA today don't come CLOSE to reaching that death total. If we see a death toll of 200+ on anything less than a category 5 hurricane on the east coast, it will be a surprise, much less FIFTY THOUSAND. For starters, many people evacuate when hurricanes are coming. Secondly, outside of people in weak homes (such as mobile homes), there are usually very few deaths related to hurricanes nowadays. Most come from 'being in the wrong spot at the wrong time' type of incidents.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I can believe that a 100+ died . You are forgetting that some of the parts this hurricane crossed are orange groves and anyone who lives down here knows that there are huts and mobile homes set up near these orange groves that have migrant workers in them. Need I remind you it is nothing to drive by these trailers and see one trailer with 20 + ppl living in it. How many of those ppl died and will go unaccounted for??

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by COMSEUR
this might be interesting, if you haven't seen it yet...

worldvisionportal.org...~

COMSEUR

Thanks. Your posts are very informative. Keep us posted.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
By Michael Edward
8-24-4

Today, the American Red Cross has estimated that 12,019 homes were destroyed. This does not include 19,095 homes that have major damage and are uninhabitable in their present state of repair. 32,755 homes have minor damage and can be lived in while repairs are made, and 20,218 have damage such as missing shingles. At least 5,661 homes were still inaccessible as of their report and it was unknown what damage they may have.

For more info:
www.rense.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Heh, I'm in south Florida right now waiting for Hurricane Frances to make it's move. Hurricanes really aren't a biggie anymore, although everyone treats it as if though it were the end of the world. Everyone here in Miami is going CRAZY, especially for gas and water and other materials needed if worst comes to worst. Also, you can't forget that force has an exponential relationship with speed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join