It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charley Cover-up,,50,000 Dead?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I am from Florida and the reporting now is much different from the reporting the 1st morning. The morning after I have also heard that the state brought in over 27 mortitioners to handle the dead. I ask why would you do that if there were only 26 ppl dead? 1 per body? seems strange. I looked up the county where the Hurricane came on land and they have a population of 137,000 ( rounding up) I think I heard that Charley effected 25 counties in Florida with damage. Although I don't think the #'s could be 50,000 and covered up but it could possibly be in the 100's. And one more thing to remember Andrew killed 47 ppl and they had time to evacuate., they say Charley only killed 27 and we had no warning to evacuate the hit area? Seems strange!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
OK

I kive in St pete and we were very happy not to get hit by this storm. Now, I know people who livei n Sanibel, Pine Island,Punta Gora, Lakeland and Kissimmee which the eye flew over with wind gusts reported at 135 mph at Kissimmee's local airport. My fiances father is very involved with their city gov't, and from what he has told me there was no widespread death with people in local govt he talked to their on the West coast.

Now, I could beleive that 500, not 50,000 died, but this is no coverup that should effect the election, and yes, it was nice for our PResident to come down here, so back off please all you bush bashers, this has nothing to do with oil.

The only coverup that could have occured, is that there is a great population of Mexicans and other immigrants who live in many of the trailer parks you have seen devastated in the news. THere are somtimes 10 people to a trailer in South and Central. I have seen it and it is pretty sad. That said, the only ones covering up the deaths would be the slumlords who rent those death boxes. Many property owners who can now build condos or new homes on the site of the demolished parks are happy. They can now have their land cleared by federal grant and then rebuild or sell the land. IF there is a Investigative reporter in FLorida tht could break a story like that, it may be true.

and also, FEMA sucks. I think it would be easier to get aid in Iraq right now.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Absolutely not...I'm with AceOfBase on this! I was born and raised in Daytona beach, I've lived though many hurricanes, including Donna, a category 5 storm back when the alert system wasn't as good as today...you can not cover up that many deaths...too many friends, relatives, private video cameras

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
We are missing a member of ATS and is Muaddib, the last post was on 13/08/04 he is from Miami Hialeah area I hope he is ok.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There are 10's of thousands who still have no water or electric.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There is some witness account of casualties on thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why so Proud and Democratic USA dear not to report the truth to the people?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Dollars to donuts all the hurricane "victims" were on a list she made before the "storm"... it's election season in Florida alright. Weather manipulation for electoral assassignation and campaign props and backdrops.

Bush ordered the execution of trailor trash to ensure Florida victory. If he wins by 50,000 votes, now we know why.

Trailer Trash, rednecks and Hillbilly's are his voting public, so It would be rather stuppid to kill them :p

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yeah, the victims in body bags are all holed up at Area 51 with the real people who didn't die on the jets that hit the WTC, the plane from the Pentagon, Big Foot, Nessie, aliens, JFK, 2Pac, Biggie Smalls and Jimmy Hoffa.

NOw,There is no conspiracy. For christ sake, go help some of those Rednecks and hillbillies as you call them. You're sick Rant. These people lost everyting they had. There are parts of counties and islands that have people still missing. There is no conspiracy. Pick up a local paper from Sanibel or, that right, you can't, they have no goddamn power.

If there were 50,000 deaths, trust me, it would be on CNN along with the Olympics to soothe the American psyche from the war in Iraq.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Good day all I went back to urbansurvival.com... to see if they updated the artical, and get the video feed they where looking for,, nada
the story is gone and I google searched there site and can't find it!,
I wonder why
I will still keep an eye on there site to see if it comes back up-dated

[edit on 23-8-2004 by Sauron]
DragonFly5 thank you for keeping us informed

Zcheng thanks for the link

By Michael Edward In Punta Gorda

The Rumor Mill News Reading Room

As for the media death toll, don't believe a word of what you have heard, just as we even heard on the radio here today. Two of us went to deliver generator gas to relatives on Burnt Store Road in Punta Gorda (where the mobile home parks used to be that I wrote about earlier today here on RMN). We were stopped by FEMA, National Guard, and STATE POLICE who asked me to prove I had a reason to be there. I told them the exact name and address of my relative down the street, showed them our gas cans, showed them my military (retired) ID, and they eventually let me through after checking the name and address I had given them. There were MANY MANY body bags lined up on both sides of the road, far more than we could count as I drove slowly through that one block. There were search dogs and many teams going through the rubble not far from the main road. They hadn't even passed through 50 feet of rubble yet. But even worse was what I was unable to see on Friday night... body PARTS that were being collected. Our estimate is that there were at least 20-30 body bags already on BOTH sides, waiting to be put into trucks.

I really don't care what CNN or ANY biased and controlled media group wants to "estimate" or purportedly "report" about this disaster. The world is NOT being told the truth of what happened here and how many died. Why would they want to cover up a body count or death toll that we have already seen for ourselves? Why are we hearing JEB and his older brother GW on the Ft. Myers radio station tell us today that what we have seen with our own eyes didn't happen and doesn't exist?

I don't know what's going on other than what we are going through here right now; and for some reason, the powers that be are refusing to tell all of you the truth. You can come to your own conclusions or speculate why they are not being honest. As for me, I will continue to expose the truth here on RMN until there is no more to tell.
more

[edit on 23-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
[edit on 28/8/04 by COMSEUR]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFly5
Although I don't think the #'s could be 50,000 and covered up but it could possibly be in the 100's. And one more thing to remember Andrew killed 47 ppl and they had time to evacuate., they say Charley only killed 27 and we had no warning to evacuate the hit area? Seems strange!!!!

The death toll won't even reach 50 let alone 100. At the very highest it will probably be 40. There is no way there can be more without anyone knowing about it by now.

Charley was not close to Andrew. Andrew was a cat 5! And affected a much more populated area.
What do you mean there was no warning? The whole area was in a hurricane warning. And "only" killed 27? Nowadays that's alot.

__
For it's size and speed, for it to cause 50,000 deaths that area would have to have at least 200,000 to 300,000 more people who didn't evacuate and it would have been the strongest hurricane ever. Catergory 6 or 7.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by COMSEUR
Ok, I'm new here so I prolly put my foot in my mouth...

Forget 50 000, but I've also had INTEL that it's much higher than 26, unfortunately.
As for reasons as to why spin the numbers down? Plenty, where do you want me to start?

ACOMSEUR -out-

Welcome to ATS Comseur.,
I would like to hear your reasons as to why spin the numbers down,
I think if they told the truth it will over shadow 9/11, which the Republican Party want to use as plank in the plank-less platform

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

As for reasons as to why spin the numbers down? Plenty, where do you want me to start?

And don't forget, this is Jeb LaLa country we are talkin' about.
NG presence on ground slim I hear. Morst ARE in the sandbox... : (

Yes, Please.

But do make sure that you are safe, before sharing info not liked by the Bushes.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Forget 50 000, but I've also had INTEL that it's much higher than 26, unfortunately.

Please tell us your rationale for keeping the number count so low? The bottom line is it is very difficult to conceal a mass casulty event. THe dead have relative, the press would be all over it as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
[edit on 28/8/04 by COMSEUR]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I guess no one read my thread. THe death toll will rise, and that is a given. It hit a rural populce, not a one large urban area such as Andrew. It cut a path through some of the most unincorporated areas of Florida wehre there are many people who live in squander and shacks. (I think someone called them hillbillies or rednecks, real nice. and I am not playing a white power card, I was born and raised in Queens, NY) If any of you lived here you would have seen and still see the National guard ,FEMA,Highway patrol and local police. There are also mandatory curfews in effect for lootingduring the day and noght. Most of the areas curfewed contained busineeses or multi-million dollar homes that are bieing protected. This is nothing that is any more unusual than a wildfire in CA or a hurricane on the east coast.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So being in southern Europe you have better intel about the death toll than people who lived through the hurricane in southern Florida have?

What is "much higher"? If you're talking 40 max, then yeah it's possible. But the hurricane would have had to been much stronger for it to go to much higher.

And please tell us why you're thinking they are spinning the numbers down?
That crap about it taking away from 9/11 is balony. Over 3000 people lost their lives during the attacks, no hurricane will come close to that here in the US. Besides, how soon we forget last year. Hurricane Isabel affected much more people in a much more densly populated area. Why was there no talk of spinning the death toll numbers down from that hurricane?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Charley didn't need to be strong for mass casualties. Lets be honest. The death toll COULD have been in the thousands but for a couple of problems. Charley was very small. Unless you took a direct hit you missed the hurricane force winds. The result will be a small area of high storm surge. The storm surge could have been the mass killer since it caught the area off guard. Also it hit a lightly populated area. Now imagine this same storm catching Tampa off guard and it having a hurricane force windfield extending out 30 or 40 miles and a core of 5 to 10 miles of 110+ mph winds then I could see it inflicting mass casualties as people would be taken out by the surge. You'd have thousands of people trying to escape. They'd be stuck on the roads and overcome by rising waters. But this didn't happen. 40 to 50 will probably be the final death toll. And that is high by todays standards.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Charley didn't need to be strong for mass casualties. Lets be honest. The death toll COULD have been in the thousands but for a couple of problems. Charley was very small. Unless you took a direct hit you missed the hurricane force winds. The result will be a small area of high storm surge. The storm surge could have been the mass killer since it caught the area off guard. Also it hit a lightly populated area. Now imagine this same storm catching Tampa off guard and it having a hurricane force windfield extending out 30 or 40 miles and a core of 5 to 10 miles of 110+ mph winds then I could see it inflicting mass casualties as people would be taken out by the surge. You'd have thousands of people trying to escape. They'd be stuck on the roads and overcome by rising waters. But this didn't happen.

1. In order to have a surge large enough to go inland enough to cause massive casualites, the storm would have to have been much stronger. You're not going to get mass casualites along the coastline, which means the surge would have had to gone inland.

2. The Tampa area was evacuated. You're not going to get mass casualties in any evacuated area.

Look at Andrew for a perfect example. Much stronger, more populated area, a little bigger, and affected much more people inland, then it hit again in an area very vulnerable to storm surge, yet there were no thousands of casualties.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm refering to a case where Tampa would be caught off guard. Obviously if you are alterted and evacuate you aren't going to have a problem. Also the surge in the Tampa area would be much worse than a surge near Homestead. 145mph is well strong enough to cause a surge big enough to kill many people. It just all depends on where exactly it hits and what the direction of the storm is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join