It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charley Cover-up,,50,000 Dead?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I know Ill catch flak over this,, you know ( very reliable source) yaddy yadda
But I found it interesting, could there be a cover up so it does not over shadow 9/11 for the Republican Party platform, FEMA has only given a check for 2 million in aid,
Can some one from ATS, who live Florida check these facts?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday
10:30 A Friday Special Update
Charley Cover-up
Just in from a very reliable source - more on the rumored cover-up of the Hurricane Charley death toll:
"A buddy of mine lives in ********, FL. He lives on the leeward side of a hill and had little more than a nice breeze when the 'cane went over.
To the point, though, is that he works in video/film and has a number of friends who work in news in and around Punta Gorda. He has viewed raw footage of the destruction that blows away anything we are getting on the feeds. He reports tractor-trailer reefers full of body bags. No counts, but he is told there are hundreds. Every time a cameraman gets near the bodies, they are firmly "dissuaded" from shooting. Most of the stuff he is seeing is shot from a distance using 2x and 4x extenders. I am working on getting him to send me a broadcast quality raw tape dub. If nothing else, I will be out there in October. More as I get it.
One reason for the hidden count might be that a large count would lessen the impact of the 2,800 lives at the WTC just before *** plans to exploit them at the RNC. Another would be to hide the severely depleted National Guard there in Florida.
Interesting: many calls to the region are being intercepted by FEMA recorded message. Look up a number in Punta Gorda and give it a call. See what you get..."
Hijacking phone calls to keep the lid on? "Dissuading" reporters & cameramen? Does this sound like the the America we love and its Constitution to you? All hail the Emperor's Brother!

Charley: 50,000 Dead?
If you're wondering why officials in Florida are spending so much time "surveying" the damage left in the aftermath of Charley, and aren't really cleaning things up yet, try this on: A cover-up of the death toll? I'm not sure I'd place the number at 50,000, but Jim McCanney who has been writing about the sun-earth weather connection for years thinks it might go that high: www.jmccanneyscience.com... And why would there be any effort to cover up the death count? Elections?

urbansurvival.com...

[edit on 22-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If 50,000 people were really dead in that hurricane....you'd KNOW 50,000 people were dead. People have relatives, people talk, people drive, people have friends.... If 50,000 people died, you'd know about it. There's no way they can cover up 50,000 deaths.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
We have members here on ATS who live in Florida and they are refuting this claim.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Think on it.... 50, 000 people. Imagine it. Now try to think how you are going to hide that amount of deaths? cant do it.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have to agree. 50,000 people are simply too many to cover up. If thier had been that many deaths, the number or injuries would have totaly overwhelmed the hospital system and that would have made CNN or FOx etc...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There's no way it could be that high.
I've lived through many hurricanes and there are very few deaths.
Usually just some idiots who decided to go out in the water and windsurf or something equally stupid.

[edit on 22-8-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well Like I said I was going to get flak but this quick LOL ,I dont think the numbers could be that high either, thats why I asked about members on ATS that could check into it i.e. the phone lines and FEMA and these refer trucks of bodies,,
Dont shoot the messenger

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Dollars to donuts all the hurricane "victims" were on a list she made before the "storm"... it's election season in Florida alright. Weather manipulation for electoral assassignation and campaign props and backdrops.

Bush ordered the execution of trailor trash to ensure Florida victory. If he wins by 50,000 votes, now we know why.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I dont see how covering up the death toll would possibly benefit anyone. We can't hold Bush responsible for a hurricane, can we? If there is a way please let me know, and I'll be happy to exploit that.

No, it would be terrible to try and cover that number up. Not to be morbid, but the more dead the better (politically speaking). They could stand on high and preach about "coming together" and all that crap politicians love.

I just dont see what they would have to gain or loose by altering how many people died in a hurricane.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
the Two Bu# bothers did do a photo opp, down there, claiming how the Red Cross and FEMA are there to help, 15 million $ damage and FEMA cuts a check for 2 million,

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
the Two Bu# bothers did do a photo opp, down there, claiming how the Red Cross and FEMA are there to help, 15 million $ damage and FEMA cuts a check for 2 million,

All I want to know is did he call in the National Gaurd to protect the vegetable formerly known as Terry Shiavo from the disaster.

Some people are just too important to lose in an election year.

THIS we'll defend.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

All I want to know is did he call in the National Gaurd to protect the vegetable formerly known as Terry Shiavo from the disaster.

Some people are just too important to lose in an election year.

I could be wrong but I think the National Gaurd is in Iraq

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I do live in Florida and the death toll last i heard it was 26 ppl but I did hear a rumor that one mobile home park in Punta Gorda asked for 60 body bags but never heard anything else. And I have also heard from someone who has family in Punta Gorda that hundreds are missing,.As far as Fema and Red Cross go i live in one community that was hit hard and they are all over the place helping us out.I will let you know if I hear anymore on the subject. Would be interesting if u could give us a link or a video to your claims.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
DragonFly 5 not my claims I just found the story, and thanks for the impute, it goes to proving the story more unrealistic, it seam that people or reporters and me at time are
Guilty of looking for a political spin or conspiracy on a lot of events taking place in the world today. I will monitor this Urban Survival .com for a video feed,
I am glad to hear there is lots of help down there,

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
On Saturday morning, 14 AUG, I heard an interview on Fox News with a hospital representative from Charlotte county. She was discussing the damage done to the hospitals in that area, and the types of injuries those hospitals were receiving. She also stated during that interview that between 150 to 200 DOAs had been brought in overnight, Friday night 13 AUG.

I have never heard those kinds of numbers used again, and she would not confirm the information.

I am inclined to believe that the number in the hundreds could likely be true. The death total in the thousands seems utterly ridiculous.
No offense Sauron.

I bet we will see the death toll slowly climb in the next months. It will be done this way to lessen the shock. If six months from now, they are reporting 233 dead, it will be missed by most in the news. If last week they were to put that number out, people would be hammering NWS for getting the projected path wrong, and blaming them for the unusually high death toll.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
phreak_of_nature no offense taken

I agree the numbers seam far to high, even the writer of the article thinks that as well, saying he would not place the numbers as 50,000 but is the opinion of Jim McManney who has been writing about weather connections

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
sublime4372 wrote

I dont see how covering up the death toll would possibly benefit anyone. We can't hold Bush responsible for a hurricane, can we?

Not quite sure if we can hold him responsible or not"Project Cloverleaf"maybe we can.

Respects,

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
We have members here on ATS who live in Florida and they are refuting this claim.

And which members are these? Anyone from Florida here? I remember seeing some footage of a mobile home park as well with bodies scattered across the ground, but noone could get to them easily because of the flooding and damage.

While I am certain it is way above 26, I very much doubt its 50,000, LOL.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You could probably cover up a few hundred deaths. You could do it because the odds are not great of getting enough people together in one area to verify with each other that a few hundred people were missing. You hear 20ish and you think its probably right because you know a few poeple are missing. But if you live near Punta Gorda and you know EVERYONE is missing and they are only reporting 20 then you will know its a coverup and the word will spread. You can't cover up 50,000 dead in 1 area. Not possible. Remember Charley was a very small storm. The hurricane force winds only extended out 20 miles from the eye and that area was not densely populated like the south east coast of Florida.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
50,000? if that was true it would be the worst hurricane ever, its not true, only a few hundred are missing, this hurricane hit low populated areas(atleast the dangerous winds did) and it was a small sized hurricane.

theres no way 50,000 were killed, just not possible for where it hit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join