It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is copying and reposting your posts under another name on another site

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rren

Ah, it's the only one I could find, but thanks for the heads up. Even though there's not much we can do, if OP will PM me the link, I can get info and spread it around, maybe get a DOS for lulz?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Three strikes and you're out so they say... As for ATS concerning myself they are now at two. While commenting to a fellow member in this thread (which i started), and which part of the original post was about ATS deleting. SkepticOverlord removed one of my comments (where i was kidding around with another member just some lightheartedness) for being "far off topic" (a somewhat subjective call). But in a way proved what some members were trying to tell me about ATS's randomness and trivialness concerning comment removal, banning, deletion and such - Deny Ignorance is the motto - and at who's direction and discretion is decided what is considered ignorance. i have received more than a handful of U2U about this topic today concerning folks being upset/disgruntled with ATS and their MODS.

Right before posting this i decided to check my U2U to see if Skeptic might have responded back to my reply to my mod message about my comment being deleted - and in my message box from another member was this message (i have removed the names)

.... "Friend:

Yeah, they for me are not wht they say they are! I called out a "known" reliable source for the astronomy subject are, XXXX,. the MODS were on me so quick.
Then I called them out in public on their site about prior violations etc...
It is a strange world, back/copy up all of what you said tot he MODS on a word doc, this is what I did to say " I will exposes" and then sent back ups to people I trusted on the site.
"I do not think this is Kansas any more"...said Dorthy
Regards
XXXX..."

**********************************************************************************************************************************
So as to not be off topic i refer everyone to the original post ...

After a very brief time where other members flagged and commented, ATS deleted the thread. (This led me to a wha??? Huh??? moment toward ATS)...

and further in the post...

Although, personally i believe it is not up to ATS or the mods to determine what other websites ATS members visit. (IMHO) i also think this sort of implies a type of control and censorship by ATS over it's members. (i've also read several complaints usually on the "Boards" about ATS deleting or burying posts from members.)

Here in a thread where a concern was brought up several times about the random deletions of members posts and comments by ATS, a mod has deleted a comment to another member because they felt it was off topic. It's my thread to a fellow who commented to the thread. Just because a mod doesn't get it, or felt it interfered with his all seriousness or for what ever reason (power trippin"?) he has proven the point.

Now i don't want to get all snarky and - he was like this, so i was like that. And then he was like this and i came back with like this other thing... this last sentence was for, "galadofwarthethird" who i quote below and to who my removed comment (for being off topic) was directed.

Watch if I start questioning and saying some things one of them moderator fellows will come in here and he/she will be all like.

So it seems the proof is in the pudding (so to speak)

So should i count down to the deletion of this comment or my banning, or my self inflicted departure...
From what i've read today in my message box i am not alone in this thinking...

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Apparantely there are only six reporters, me being one of them, and only TheEye ever posts anything. He is the only one with a picture there.
Had to hot-link it, but what's he going to do? Complain about bandwidth theft.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qouth The Raven
Someone began a thread on this 'IAmTheEye site here the other day..A few people responded to it,and within minutes it was removed.

To me,that is a bigger mystery than the actual website is. Any thoughts on that?

That was my original post before i posted this one (the one i comment on at the beginning of this thread. Now i have had one of my comments removed from this thread by a MOD for being off topic (it was a response to another member). Yet i can direct you to posters who have several nonsensical (hoax and inept) threads and comments which are still up... Something is wrong

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rren

From theEye's picture, if you look at the avatars on the site one is of the guy on the far left (our left) his name is ATLHack. So he shows up in ATLHack's avatar and TheEye's photo.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

Really????

ATL Hack is a group based in Atlanta

I know a few people in it, and they all are a bunch of script kiddies

and here is where they meet at
edit on 2-9-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

That's a bad case of being Paranoid, it's against the TOS to link to a site like that, which would explain why these threads get taken down.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Yes, i looked him up a few days ago, that's how i found the youtube site. i didn't find much else though (like them being scriptkids).

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Something is wrong. I agree. I remember when this site never used to ban as much as they do now. That was 2008-2009, and then they just started cracking down heavily. It almost feels like a 'police-state-site'. You can't speak your own opinion without having to think about the possibility you might 'get in trouble'. It's rather sad. I mean, have you seen other forums? This site is NOTHING when it comes to profanity, judgement, and 'off-topic' posts compared to other forums, and they don't censor their posts. This is a website where you're supposed to be able to use free speech, especially this site, yet the almighty MOD-GODs seem to think they have the 'power' to say what is and what isn't, and if you question them, you're either banned or your post is removed. It's pathetic. I love ATS, and I'm so grateful for its content and intelligent community, but this is really starting to irritate me. And not only me.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AskWhy11

You can't speak your own opinion without having to think about the possibility you might 'get in trouble'. It's rather sad. I mean, have you seen other forums? This site is NOTHING when it comes to profanity, judgement, and 'off-topic' posts compared to other forums, and they don't censor their posts.

You're wrong on so many levels, if it isn't against the site's TOS, it WILL NOT be taken down.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

No, I understand the TOS. I get it. And most of the time, the Mods are right. But, look at the examples that have been given (I've seen many that I didn't agree with) and you should be able to see my point. If you're gonna put people down, yeah, ban them. If you're gonna post info, make it lengthy and give reasons. It's just this site is way too strict now.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
and so it comes. Im a lurker but god its funny to see posts like this. They are out there, but we are always pure.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Wow I really like this site I've browsed on here for about 2 and a half years and just recently made my account ...a couple months ago I believe just so I could input my opinion on certain topics but in the last few months I've seen more posts deleted then the whole time I've been on here a lot of the I understand but here lately I've read several good threads that have been deleted maybe its time to find a smaller site like ats used to be because it seems the bigger that the site gets the more censord it becomes....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by theskipper00

Or maybe read the TOS??

It's not hard people just read it and follow it, and nothing will be deleted.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
sorry folks but....WHAHhhhhhhhhhh!
think about the posts......yes lots of words typed in post here are in your own wods.....but also when people post they take bits and pieces from allllll over the web and add to their posts.
no we don't take it as our own....but Copyright......geez....your posting upon a free site.....we get no royalties or our efforts and ATS keeps the site free to members through advertising...and members see less adverts than non-members.
i personally don't give a toss if someone takes my work and spreads it around out there....all the power to them.

i mean wtf is a person on a conspiracy site for if not too spread the conspiracy and have it heard about so the the general public gets a drift of what is really happening out there in the real world.

so please....stop you whinning and enoy your posting......i mean really how much of what gets posted on here is actually someones own work....i mean when i do 9/11 stuff i analyze vids.....do frame by frame breakdowns or create simulations...which is my own work...but i put it on here to be view....but not for recognition because frankly i want to try and stay anonymous.....because i for have been contained under anti terror laws and it is not a pleasent thing.

and also so what if the owners of the site are making moinies off of us being here typing in what we do....if people are so worried about that go start your own site and make money off it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Actually, there is something that can be done.

Visit this Google form:
Report scraper pages
...and report them.

It's a new strategy from Google to allow users of the web to report unethical site scrapers, and get them removed from the Google index.

Done. Intrepid cub reporter, Joe Alan, signing off for the night.

:salutes:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

It's different when a snob is using your words to earn himself a quick buck...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

That's a bad case of being Paranoid, it's against the TOS to link to a site like that, which would explain why these threads get taken down.

Yes, i agreed about the link thing, but the mod could've just removed the link not a thread which was receiving input and flags (but that's neither here nor there as it's ATS's site and can remove whatever they want). The last comment which was deleted was a superficial judgment call by skepticoverlord. i really can't see how the original poster can be off topic in his own thread when responding to a comment. Especially when it is mentioned in the beginning of the post and smattered throught about ATS's randomness in deleting.

Then as is quoted in this post the mod's explaination to my questions about other members was kinda like "so what, who cares" (IMO)... And considering this is a user generated site and we all consider ourselves somewhat equal members, i felt my commrades deserved more than an "ATS is mysterious" answer.

i tell ya, i never have gotten so many U2U's as this and my first deleted post (concerning this exact topic here) ever. All day today folks kept sending me example after example of where they were/are feeling that some kind of agenda is driving ATS. i personally thinking it has more to do with an ability to remove comments and posts than some kind of agenda. With the "Hall Monitor" comes a feeling of look what i can do, i have power. This type of subject fills pages on ATS.

Start watching for the complaints about missing, deleted, removed threads and banned members (especially in the boards forum). This isn't no small topic... And if ATS feels it can loose a few as it has gained in popularity - so what i guess. Paranoid would be if there was no evidence of this happening but it just happened in this thread which was addressing the issue... It's irony and (IMO) poor decision making on the mods part if anything.

This thread was started concerning the issue of this copycat site and the issue of ATS deletions. Because for me the two thing were related.
edit on 2-9-2011 by trika3000 because: dang words always spellin' themselves wrong

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

You sort of remind me of my grandmother who constantly tells me to read the bible because it says to do so. "Read the word, and don't ask questions." This is the vibe I'm getting from you. What if the TOS is too strict? Who wrote them anyway? We're not supposed to question the Mods? Are they some super force? Other forums, who aren't about free-speech and being against the dictatorships of the world, don't have this strict TOS. They just let you say your opinion and let the people who reply do the 'sifting' out. I'm fairly confident in the community of ATS to be able to stick up for the posters that actually contribute. We don't need some 10 Commandments-TOS to let us know what's right and what's wrong, in my honest opinion. I still follow the rules, but regardless of what you say, they're becoming too strict, and I'm obviously not the only person stating this.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by trika3000

Originally posted by Qouth The Raven
Someone began a thread on this 'IAmTheEye site here the other day..A few people responded to it,and within minutes it was removed.

To me,that is a bigger mystery than the actual website is. Any thoughts on that?

That was my original post before i posted this one (the one i comment on at the beginning of this thread. Now i have had one of my comments removed from this thread by a MOD for being off topic (it was a response to another member). Yet i can direct you to posters who have several nonsensical (hoax and inept) threads and comments which are still up... Something is wrong

So it seems.

How does posting a link-back to expose that site so we can examine it and discuss our thoughts and opinions on it while mentioning it's name violate the ATS TOS?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join