It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass brawl at theme park after Muslim women are banned from going on rides unless they remove their

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Thanks Sherlock, for saying what I’ve been trying to say in a much clearer and eloquent way.

Maybe it’s because the kids woke me up to early this morning, but for some reason, i seem to be struggling to get my point across

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
What is it with dumb Arabs and senseless violence?
Do they love creating conflict out of nothing?
I mean....you go to NY, go to a theme park, and then follow YOUR rules, in THEIR domain?
Why?
Just take of the damn cap, but then i guess they love dying, so when they go to heaven they can see their 72 virgins.

You accuse Arabs of being dumb LOL

Ok, couple of points...

1. You can be Muslim without being an Arab (Muslim is NOT a race)
2. Conflict out of nothing?? What like Iraq?? Yeah those pesky Arabs were asking for that wasnt they

Point 3. It’s not a cap it’s a headscarf

Congratulations for the most ignorant post of the day nomination.

My own personal take on this:

IF (and that’s a big if) this story unfolded as the daily Mail reported it (The daily mail being an angry British middle class fist shaking paper) then this group of individuals are behaving unacceptable and deserve to be arrested. However, I would urge caution and ask people not to make snap judgements without knowing all the facts. And i certainly wouldn’t use this as an excuse to spew anti Islamic bile all over ATS once more!!

reply to post by fooks

isn't riding roller coasters against islam anyway?

being at the theme park has to be a violation, at least!

when was the last time you saw nuns on one?

Are you asking or telling??

If you are asking... the answer is no. As far as i am aware there is nothing in the Quran that prohibits one from ridding on a roller coaster.

If you are telling... Can you please provide a the passage in the Quran that says "No ridding on roller coasters"

reply to post by fooks

deport them or ban for life.

Deport them? What if they are American Citizens?? You know you can be American and a Muslim right?

edit on 1-9-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by Muckster because: spelling

edit on 1-9-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

Lol buddy, i'm a lot more intelligent, than you'll be in this lifetime
There's a difference between sensitivity to other "cultures", "religion" and other non nonsensical things, that have no correlation to intelligence.

Because your ability to write an essay and appease to people helps with biochemistry right

I'm mean this is ridiculous, you move to a place, or visit a place, and expect people to cater to you?
The audacity, why go there in the first place?

There's a difference in going there, and being innocent, and them not liking you just for the fact that your different, than you can be pissed about it.
But muslims wearing their caps, visting a ride, that specifically says no caps are allowed, then disregard that rule and continue anyway? come on, and they do this over a fairytale, religion is nothing but a fairytale, they are doing this in vain.
Im not going to feel sorry for people who let this happen, it's a difference case if they have no involvement in it and are affected but this is a totally different situation.
Don't give your sob story.
edit on 1-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I consider it wrong of non-Islamic individuals to attempt to insist that Muslim women not wear the hijab, if it is said womens' own desire to do so, personally. I would consider it equally wrong if Islamic men attempted to force a non-Islamic woman to wear it.

The hijab/burqa can be a legitimate element of Islamic culture. I don't believe women should be forced to wear it against their will; but if a Muslim woman wants to wear it, and is not coerced by her husband to do so, then we have no right to say otherwise.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Cheers, but you're doing a grand job yourself at upholding the site's motto on this thread, mate.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

An attempt at being condescending, competitive and arrogant all in one sentence. Sadly it just comes across as childish. What’s next "My dad is bigger than your dad"??

You talk of you superior intelligence but you accuse these people of being "Dumb Arabs" without knowing for sure if they are Arabs and without knowing the full story??

Yeah, very intelligent.

Intelligence is not simply the measure of what you can memorise from books.

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by fooks

why can't you believe the story?

I never said that i don’t believe it... I said that I remained cautious. This is due to the fact that it is from a British right wing paper that is notorious for printing Anti Muslim story’s and stirring up hate.

are they legal? if not, BB!!!

I don’t know if they are legal (by legal i take it you mean legal citizens of the USA)

What is BB?

stereotyping another 5billion is not cool either.

No its not. Please show me where i have stereotyped 5 billion?

they are trouble makers.

They? Who are they??

If by “they” you mean the individuals involved in this incident then you may well be correct. However, if by "they" you mean all Muslims then you are being ignorant.

even if the tour guide did not inform them about the "SAFETY" rules they still caused trouble.

Sorry i didn’t see anything about a tour guide in the story, but regardless of this, it doesn’t give people the right to start a punch up because they disagree with the safety rules which are there to protect everyone.

i always do that, myself. screw the sign, i am an american!!!! or muslim. depends, i been a tao and buddhist.

Sorry i don’t understand that.

imagine you showing up at the hadjj, in saudi arabia in a wife beater and daisy dukes with a bud in your hand. lol!!

I agree that wouldn’t be cool. And you would probably be arrested; the same as the group at the funfair were arrested. But would that give Saudi Arabians the right to say that ALL Americans are Alcoholic wife beaters??

we had the black flash mob at the fair and now this.

One has no relevance on the other. What’s your point?

sup with the bummer family trend?

Sorry but once again I don’t understand what this means

Peace

don't make me do this,

it's all over the us news,

BB means by by!

5bil, you chose to highlight 1.5bil as painted badly by the rest of the friggin planet.

ya, i mean the perps.

they had a tour for the outing, it is odd in the US but those in charge should have been aware of the rules of the park and reiterated the rules.

friggin wife beaters are stereotypical of so called trailer trash, i grew up with them in an italian background in the 50-60's and see it here in china now. i still wear a sleeveless t.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Because your ability to write an essay and appease to people helps with biochemistry right

Sorry but I had to add this...

OK... if you are so intelligent then please explain to me what this sentence has to do with anything...

That is as ridiculous as me saying "Because your ability in the field of biochemistry helps with diplomacy and people relations right.

How elitist and arrogant to think that you own niche subject trumps anyone else’s skills or abilities.

Peace
edit on 1-9-2011 by Muckster because: Keep forgetting to add peace to my posts today... kids kept me up last night... but peace is important... call me a hippy

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

ya and subject to less than whole hearted belief.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomSnake
This reminds me of an incident we had in our local area not so long ago at our local go kart track
where a young muslim woman was asked to remove her head scarf before racing and she refused to the point where she deliberately drove off on officials only to be killed on the first turn because it was caught in the engine i believe if i could find the article i would link it.

That's why they ban women driving cars in Arabia
And we think it's about women's rights!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

and they are the ones bitchin about the whole thing, must be nice living in a place where you ain't dragged away too.

lolololol!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Highergrounds

Sounds like they want to be persecuted. Did anyone tell these women that they were trying to keep them from being decapitated?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I consider it wrong of non-Islamic individuals to attempt to insist that Muslim women not wear the hijab, if it is said womens' own desire to do so, personally. I would consider it equally wrong if Islamic men attempted to force a non-Islamic woman to wear it.

The hijab/burqa can be a legitimate element of Islamic culture. I don't believe women should be forced to wear it against their will; but if a Muslim woman wants to wear it, and is not coerced by her husband to do so, then we have no right to say otherwise.

Fine.

But do you also consider it wrong when a sign clearly states ALL headgear must be removed for the safety of others. Or is the muslim woman a priority case, does she have more rights than the other people who wish to go on the ride?

Why should other people suffer because of one person's belief?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Rules are rules deal with it! Reminds me of when they were made to take off their head gear to take their license photos. Absolutely ridiculous. When you go to another country you abide by that countries rules! Deal with it or catch a flight back to your overpopulated country.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
ya talk about false flags??

this is it!!!

these people are probing the legal system.

let's see what happens with this.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

false six flags.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

I love the irony of that post considering the sentence structure.

As for the article.

It's the UKs version of Fox News so everything will be spun to make Johnny Foreigner look bad so I will take everything said with a bucket load of salt.

I have no problem with what the park did, after all I have no doubt they would be sued if one of the women got their heads ripped off if the scarf got caught in the structure.

Its their choice, wear the headscarf or go on the ride, no one is forcing them to do anything.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

72 virgins...lol. A historian told me it was originally 72 grapes but that didn't work well for recruitment purposes... obviously.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wow, there is quite the over abundance of bigoted posts here.

This truly has no bearing on religion but rather on common sense. Common sense should dictate that on certain rides the headscarves are a safety issue; now the choice for the women is really simple either remove the scarf or don't ride. This rule is enforced not only for the safety of the riders but the others who may be waiting their turn or just walking by.

As to the allegations of police brutality and discrimination based on the fact they are Muslim; can't really comment as the video shows nothing and all the facts are as yet unknown.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There is no Quranic command that women must wear a hijab. It has nothing to do with Islam. It's just a cultural programming to subjugate the women, as well as a sepratist act, claiming it's religious.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Highergrounds

Rules are rules at Theme parks.... there are dangerous rides there especially if you have a headscarf or neck scarf which could come loose and get tangled up in wheels,spokes or chains!!

I remember when i had a BMX bike... wearing trousers or jeans was a bit dodgy sometimes as they could get caught in the chain of the bike and cause an accident!!
edit on 1-9-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join