It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass brawl at theme park after Muslim women are banned from going on rides unless they remove their

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
What is it with dumb Arabs and senseless violence?
Do they love creating conflict out of nothing?
I mean....you go to NY, go to a theme park, and then follow YOUR rules, in THEIR domain?
Why?
Just take of the damn cap, but then i guess they love dying, so when they go to heaven they can see their 72 virgins.

You accuse Arabs of being dumb LOL

Ok, couple of points...

1. You can be Muslim without being an Arab (Muslim is NOT a race)
2. Conflict out of nothing?? What like Iraq?? Yeah those pesky Arabs were asking for that wasnt they

Point 3. It’s not a cap it’s a headscarf

Congratulations for the most ignorant post of the day nomination.

My own personal take on this:

IF (and that’s a big if) this story unfolded as the daily Mail reported it (The daily mail being an angry British middle class fist shaking paper) then this group of individuals are behaving unacceptable and deserve to be arrested. However, I would urge caution and ask people not to make snap judgements without knowing all the facts. And i certainly wouldn’t use this as an excuse to spew anti Islamic bile all over ATS once more!!

reply to post by fooks

isn't riding roller coasters against islam anyway?

being at the theme park has to be a violation, at least!

when was the last time you saw nuns on one?

Are you asking or telling??

If you are asking... the answer is no. As far as i am aware there is nothing in the Quran that prohibits one from ridding on a roller coaster.

If you are telling... Can you please provide a the passage in the Quran that says "No ridding on roller coasters"

reply to post by fooks

deport them or ban for life.

Deport them? What if they are American Citizens?? You know you can be American and a Muslim right?

edit on 1-9-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by Muckster because: spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Ok gotta be careful here cuz I got warned yesterday for my comment on a similar topic so I apologize if I’m not as comical or radical as usual.

What is it with these people? They show up to the park knowing full well about the no headgear rules then want to get mad when they are told take of the headgear or don’t ride the ride. Then they begin arguing with each other so the rangers step in to do their job and they get attacked. Being outnumbered due to a bunch of the Muslim crowd attacking the request back up which brings the police to the scene to break up the situation and restore order. Now those who were the cause of the whole deal are crying police brutality and saying it is because they are Muslim that all of this happened? What gives do we now have to change all theme parks to make them headgear compatible now?

I don’t see how these people claim to be people of peace yet act like that. Also what is up with having a prayer right after you stir up so much crap? Hmm race religion complaints and trouble. Are we about to see a repeat of the 60s???

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Are we about to see a repeat of the 60s???

A repeat of the 60's? What exactly does that mean?? You fear the return of people demanding equal treatment and an end of brutality aimed at a minority group by a bunch of ignorant fools??

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
this is a great MSM story (has it hit MSM?)

just in time for 9/11

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

how bout a theme park?

deport them anyway, lol!

naw, just banned for life from theme parks.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by JROCK2527

Are we about to see a repeat of the 60s???

A repeat of the 60's? What exactly does that mean?? You fear the return of people demanding equal treatment and an end of brutality aimed at a minority group by a bunch of ignorant fools??

ya the minority were the cops,

cops are way easy targets for this slanderous bs.

the islams are the trouble makers here.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

ya the minority were the cops,

cops are way easy targets for this slanderous bs.

the islams are the trouble makers here

The minority were the cops? LOL... ok nice try...

"The islams are the trouble makers"

The Islams?? LOL... oh dear... never mind...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

im not sure how much ignorance there really is in this thread considering 2 security guards ended up in the hospital. then the muslim patrons claimed 'police brutality'. id say that tidbit of info says quite a bit.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There should be reason applied here folks, we are all fun ride fans after all?
To solve the tension, a muslim ride should be introduced ?
Where full Burkas and headscarves can be worn?
Perhaps an Islamic ferris wheel?
If people want to attack law enforcers who are trying to protect public safety, then let them sign a waiver, and let them do what they wish, something tells me they will soon grow disinterested.
Bit by bit ye will be eroded and derided until ye land is not yours but ours.

edit on 1-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: wrong word

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

i guess the troublemakers were the cops?

ya, never mind.

friggin people trying to buck the system and putting everyone else in danger.

just put a bullet in your head. that will teach us.

like i want to see your headless body flying out of a ride with my kid.

getting blood all over the place.

spoiling my friggin day with the kids!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadlyrhythm

im not sure how much ignorance there really is in this thread considering 2 security guards ended up in the hospital. then the muslim patrons claimed 'police brutality'. id say that tidbit of info says quite a bit.

OK... Let’s give a hypothetical situation...

Let’s say that there was a couple of rough white family’s at the funfair. They are asked to remove their hats, for safety reasons, and an argument and brawl ensues.

Outrageous? Yes
Unacceptable? Of course

You then go on ATS to find comments like...

"Those whites should be deported"
"I didn’t think whites were allowed on roller coasters"
"What’s the problem with these dumb white war mongers"

You don’t think that would be ignorant stereotyping???

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

i guess the troublemakers were the cops?

ya, never mind.

friggin people trying to buck the system and putting everyone else in danger.

just put a bullet in your head. that will teach us.

like i want to see your headless body flying out of a ride with my kid.

getting blood all over the place.

spoiling my friggin day with the kids!

Did you not read my first post?!?!?

I have already said that if the story unfolded as the newspaper reported then the people involved deserved to be arrested.

What i am arguing/protesting against is this dumb ignorant attitude of "Those pesky Islams deserve to be deported"

What i am asking people to do is use their brain before opening the mouth. If you are going to stereotype 1.6 billion people at least have the decency to do a bit of homework, on said group, so that we can have a sensible debate on the issue rather than bouncing back and forth with silly comments like

"Deport them anyway" and "Are we about to see a repeat of the 60s???"

The amount of ignorant, twisted and bigoted views on ATS over the last couple of years is scary. And sadly, this blasé macho “hang em all” attitude is dragging these boards into the gutter.

edit on 1-9-2011 by Muckster because: oops

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
A year or two ago I was behind a mother and child in line for a ride. Her kid was two short and would have been in danger if he had riden the coaster. But she went off her nut to let him on! Crazy! Thankfully they sent her away.

Does the fact that she was white have anything to do with why she was a bad mother?

Ergo- does the religion/apparel of the people in the OPs story have anything to do with why they were idiots?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Planet teleX

Thank you Planet teleX... You bring logic and reasoning like a breath of fresh air.

Why can some people not understand or see this very simple reasoning?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

why can't you believe the story?

are they legal? if not, BB!!!

stereotyping another 5billion is not cool either.

they are trouble makers.

even if the tour guide did not inform them about the "SAFETY" rules they still caused trouble.

i always do that, myself. screw the sign, i am an american!!!! or muslim. depends, i been a tao and buddhist.

imagine you showing up at the hadjj, in saudi arabia in a wife beater and daisy dukes with a bud in your hand. lol!!

we had the black flash mob at the fair and now this.

sup with the bummer family trend?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

why can't you believe the story?

I never said that i don’t believe it... I said that I remained cautious. This is due to the fact that it is from a British right wing paper that is notorious for printing Anti Muslim story’s and stirring up hate.

are they legal? if not, BB!!!

I don’t know if they are legal (by legal i take it you mean legal citizens of the USA)

What is BB?

stereotyping another 5billion is not cool either.

No its not. Please show me where i have stereotyped 5 billion?

they are trouble makers.

They? Who are they??

If by “they” you mean the individuals involved in this incident then you may well be correct. However, if by "they" you mean all Muslims then you are being ignorant.

even if the tour guide did not inform them about the "SAFETY" rules they still caused trouble.

Sorry i didn’t see anything about a tour guide in the story, but regardless of this, it doesn’t give people the right to start a punch up because they disagree with the safety rules which are there to protect everyone.

i always do that, myself. screw the sign, i am an american!!!! or muslim. depends, i been a tao and buddhist.

Sorry i don’t understand that.

imagine you showing up at the hadjj, in saudi arabia in a wife beater and daisy dukes with a bud in your hand. lol!!

I agree that wouldn’t be cool. And you would probably be arrested; the same as the group at the funfair were arrested. But would that give Saudi Arabians the right to say that ALL Americans are Alcoholic wife beaters??

we had the black flash mob at the fair and now this.

One has no relevance on the other. What’s your point?

sup with the bummer family trend?

Sorry but once again I don’t understand what this means

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Highergrounds

Those head scarves are an obvious danger to the wearer or anyone on some rides. Had an acident happened because of those head scarves, those Muslims would sue the game park and bankrupt them causing tax payers to pay out.

The Police were quite right here.

These Muslims have no shame, no brain, no common sense, and should consider returning back to their sand dunes, camels and tents.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Maybe it would maybe it couldn't. What ifs.

If the theme park sees that this clothing is likely to be a danger then thats that. Don't start a fight about it and then pull out the "it's because we're muslim" card. That is one way to draw bad attention to a religion.

We have loads of muslims etc. where I live and I do think alot of their clothing is too baggy for rides on a theme park. I wouldn't allow it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

These Muslims have no shame, no brain, no common sense, and should consider returning back to their sand dunes, camels and tents.

Wow... again the ignorant generalisation continues...

Ok let me aim this next statement at you...

"These redneck have no shame, no brain, no common sense, and should consider returning back to their trailer parks, rusty pick-ups and toothless wife’s"

You see that?!?! How easy it easy to be ignorant and stereotype... You may not be a redneck, or a southerner, or even an American. But that statement is made up of ignorant assumptions and stereotyped insults.

Can you not see how ignorant and dumb it sounds...

I am beginning to think that some people take pride in stupidity

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I think most people will be in agreement that the park officials were correct to not allow these women on to the ride if they were wearing a hijab, considering that this went against the park's safety regulations.

However, the main issue is the allegations of police brutality, an issue which would normally draw the resident ATS cop-bashers in to a thread like a moth to a flame. Sadly, and rather unsurprisingly, the general response to this thread so far has generally been a slew of broad-brushed vitriol aimed towards Muslims in general, rather than any consideration that there may have been heavy-handed policing which led to, or contributed to, the fracas.

I guess that allegations of police brutality are ignored here when the accusers are Muslims.

One woman in the article says that they were unaware of the headscarf rule and the argument ensued after they requested a refund. Another member of their group then says that the incident started when police threw a woman to the ground and handcuffed her. When her male cousin came to intervene because of her heavy-handed treatment, it is alleged that he was beaten and arrested by police.

Now, obviously that is eyewitness testimony from members of the party who felt aggrieved by their treatment, so you always have to take the word of people involved in an incident with a pinch of salt, but there's certainly enough doubt and ambiguity to the story which should prohibit most even-minded people from making any rash judgement about this brawl before the full, impartial facts of the incident are known.

Then again, the people making the complaint are Muslims, so it must be their fault, and their religion must also be to blame for their actions. Silly me. Sorry, carry on with the bashing, people...

edit on 1-9-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join