It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God hates women

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Does God hate women? Hmmm let me think would I trust something that bleeds for a week and doesn't die?

Lets not be hypocrites here people.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

My Father has made me more of a teacher than I care to be...

I see your point in this post as well. Maybe it can be more specifically pointed out that men tend to be the workers of Order, while women tend to be the workers of Charity.

This goes hand in hand with DNA being structure, and the womb growing life.

God is Peace (as in peace officer/provider) and God is Charity (as in charitable worker/comforter).
Adam came first, then Eve.
Just as the Law came first, then Grace.

Would anyone say the law is above grace or that grace is above the law? No. They are intertwined on a level that most humans are unable to decipher. But with wisdom, we can see how much our bodies, individually, and within familial structures, reflect the image of God.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by mexicanatheist

What a load of utter garbage you spill.

Here's real scripture......

God says "and We will create MANKIND in the image of God....."

Mankind = Man and Wo-man

God is not man nor woman

YOU, my friend, twist scripture for your own agenda!
edit on 31-8-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

Which version, pray tell, did you use, and what does the original script say?

I have no idea, nor do I particularly care. If I wished to read fairy tales I would much prefer Ursula LeGuin, or JRR Tolkien.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

All concepts derive their existence from God, so logically speaking, God can be considered in either a masculine or feminine sense (for instance, the Shekinah - a femine noun, refers to Gods "presence" ie; his expression through creation.

Only relative to a created being - ie mankind - is God referred to in the masculine, because he is the giver of life; but in His essence, He is neither.

These terms all relate to a type of mystical psychology, or metaphysics. Its not to say anything about what God is in his essence, but merely in how He expresses himself.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

quote;- 11:9 "Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man"

obviously the man was useless on his own. a savage, with war on his mind. unrefined, crass, in need of love and a selfless example. woman, by her very nature, will bring him closer to god, if he remains sober long enough.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

interesting;- all concepts derive their existence from god? yet have you considered that "god" is a concept? you see a universe, therefore you conceive there must be a god who created it. strange behaviour.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I love Tosh.0...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The bible is a fairy tale written by men.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Wonderful words!
I often refer to God as They, mostly to honor Elohim and Adonai being plural, but not to define Their essence since "They" are One.

Along the same lines, in a similar way that men and women reflect God in particular and different ways, we can see that God coming down to us was always in a "dual orbit" form. Early on They came to us as Angel of the Lord and the Spirit of the Lord, and later as the Word and the Spirit of the Word. This further translated into the Christ and the Comforter, if you accept that God came down. In our current time, if you are conceived of the spiritual seed, you will understand that the individual child of God is to express as Christ did, and the Comforter is a binder between the Brethren. That is to say, we are to be the Word (by Their delegation), and our Spirit (who gives Themselves to us) is moving us more near "Oneness."

Remember;
Order without Charity is Pride.
Charity without Order is Chaos.

John 17:20-26
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one - I in them and you in me - so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.
edit on 8/31/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Would anyone say the law is above grace or that grace is above the law? No. They are intertwined on a level that most humans are unable to decipher. But with wisdom, we can see how much our bodies, individually, and within familial structures, reflect the image of God.

We pretty much think alike..

You cant just obviate the need for order, or pretend that order doesnt also derive its existence from God.

To me, law is the most basic idea when it comes to a man(or womans) - created beings, with a finite mind - and their relationship with God. This is the main reason i reject perenially philosophy found in gnosticism, buddhism, hinduism, etc, in which one defines ones own law, based on his own "knowledge" of self.

This to me is arrogant and presumptuous. Fortunately, God did make a separation on earth; between the Hebrews and everyone else. Some consider this to be inane! What God would love one people more then another!? Thats no true God! Well, that is just one pespective.

From another perspective, Gods making a "differentiation", could be apart of the whole essence and purpose in creation; for man (all men, Jew or gentuile, being completely equal. His selection of the "Jew" is merely to make a philosophical point, that differentiation is apart of the fabric of this worlds existence, and therefore of the greatest importance for this world. We just cant forget WHY this world exists, and for Whom it exists, hence the philosophical importance the Bible puts on MEMORY -ie; the generations. The entire Torah is a recounting of the PAST. Some think the present is the only thing of importance. The bible on the other hand emphasizes memory of the past, which symbolicaly understood, means remembering from whence we came, and thus understanding WHY WE ARE IN THIS WORLD) an emanation of His own ineffable "self", to differentiate one thing from another, and therefore imitate, or incarnate, Gods own action of creation, which requires a contraction of his infinite being into creating a limited reality. He chose just one form of expression, albeit, in an infinite number of ways.

In this sense, Man is always far from God, so if God IS TRULY God, God could logically do either or; he could abstain from mankind, and so accord with the assumption of pagan theology: that he doesnt "care" or interfere with this world, or God could be actively involved in his creation ie; Hebraic Judeo-Christian theology, a God actively involved within his creation, in the mystery of Time, Space and Order.

See?? Everyone has a decision to make. We have Free Will. We can choose whatever path we want. We can become antinomian, and believe as some people do, and believe all concept of law is irrelevant. Existence is ultimately impersonal, and so no God relates with his creation. Rather, it is us coming to know ourselves, and in doing so, come to a complete awareness of God.

I think its a combination of both. I think God contacts us, and we contact God; a mutual relationship between creator and created.
edit on 31-8-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

There is a more true freedom within the confines of the relationships of men and women (which is not a lot if both parties are to be honored) than in a creature's relationship with the Creator.

This is a most distasteful secret.
We are certainly free, but we are not free of the consequences of our freedom.
So then, we are a slave regardless of what we do.
So then, pick your master: OrderCharity or Order without Charity which is Pride or Charity without Order which is Chaos. Most people choose Pride and/or Chaos. Why? Because they think they are free.

If I am going to be a slave, I would much rather be so in a family which lifts it's children up to be like the parents (who are worthy). What is the inheritance of a child of God? Eternal life. So then, the Jews correctly surmised that Christ implicated a great honor is upon himself for being born of God. However, many so-called believers misunderstand that the very same inheritance is given to all the children of God. John 17 is a very great passage that clearly delineates the inheritance I am speaking of. John 10 speaks of the same and also regarding the election and the limitations of those who claim to be free.
edit on 8/31/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Ridiculous laws, inspired by Satan and designed to destroy family harmony, make it illegal for men to carry out their God given right to batter and bruise their wives, nor can he force her to give him his God given right to pleasure. He can't even indulge his duty of ravishing young girls during plunder and pillage. As for selling his daughters into slavery ~ forget it.

Mods you need to remove this thread immediately.

This is the most offensive thing i have ever read on ATS!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
All I can say, being a woman is that you're wrong. If their were an inferior gender, it would be man's due to all of the violence and bigotry portrayed in this thread.

Also, I alerted the moderator's to this thread so, expect it down shortly.

OP: get some class.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This looks like a troll thread to stir people up.
god hates exactly whatever certain people need him to hate at certain times
it's like god is a unconscious projection of people's hatred.

Except also he LOVES you unless your one of the people he hates

edit on 31-8-2011 by ELahrairah because: magic

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

God is that all inclusive concept that contains everything that exists; in mind (concepts) and the physical world.

Thats all thats meant by God. Its the biggest thing the human mind can comprehend, and it provides an explanation - a logical and believable one - for our existential condition.
edit on 31-8-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

I'm reading the original text of TORAH

not from some Christian text from one of many different Chrisitan bibles

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You guys crack me up especially the women who are angry.. This guy is clearly being sarcastic but i guess thats to much for a lot of these people.. LMAO.. Hes saying the bible discriminates against women which it clearly does, if you cant see that than you are blind..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It seems that only Christinaity speaks of women in this manner but older pagan religions speak of them as equals and they even have godesses in their religion.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

If God wanted to refer to Man in the masculine sense, the original scripture would had been "and We will create Man in the image of God...."

God did'nt do that

the original script says "and We will create MANKIND in the image of God"

Now which part of that don't you understand?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanel
All I can say, being a woman is that you're wrong. If their were an inferior gender, it would be man's due to all of the violence and bigotry portrayed in this thread.

Also, I alerted the moderator's to this thread so, expect it down shortly.

OP: get some class.

Awww look another bible thumping women who's upset that the bible she loves discriminates against her.. The simple fact that god or jesus is considered a man to begin with should get you thinking..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join