It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God hates women

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A simple and quick exegesis:
Adam was made, primarily, as a servant to tend to the garden. However, as anyone who works a good amount of hours a day knows, doing so results in you ignoring your own needs. The familial structure is necessitated by physics and exemplified by our bodies. Eve was to serve Adam so that Adam could serve everything else. So, if you truly comprehend what it means to be a godly animal, you will understand that, in fact, the burden placed on women is a lighter burden than that which is placed on men (IF THE MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUALLY "GOOD"). Likewise, the glory of a good woman outshines that of a good man. Why? Which body forms offspring and nurtures them? Conversely, but more so in the same manner, a man should be the first to give his life for his family because he is more expendable than the woman.

The ignorance in our culture has a sound and it sounds like white noise.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

You talk about exegesis....

What relevance does that creating woman out of the rib of man have....on anything?

Why even mention that? Doesn't this somewhat highlight an inequality?

Exercising exegesis; it is quite clear to be that throughout the bible; there are implications and direction indications of sexism, a desire to control the woman, to higlight an inequality, and certainly a profound obsession with the woman's reproductive organs.

In the Jewish faith there is a prayer that states "I thank God for not making me a woman".
edit on 31/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
I will never understand why women bashing is tolerated on this site.

Moderator edit: Manners -- please discuss the topic instead of calling each other names.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

perhaps for the same reason bible bashing and religion bashing is tolerated on this site.

crapping on people and their beliefs is the cornerstone of the internet for many people.

it's a reflection of failure in so many ways.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
I will never understand why women bashing is tolerated on this site.

Moderator edit: Manners -- please discuss the topic instead of calling each other names.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

perhaps for the same reason bible bashing and religion bashing is tolerated on this site.

crapping on people and their beliefs is the cornerstone of the internet for many people.

-- MY APOLOGY - I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS POSTED TWICE --
edit on 8/31/2011 by LargeFries because: post posted twice, i have no clue why

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

perhaps for the same reason bible bashing and religion bashing is tolerated on this site

People come here to discuss, to debate, to share opinions. If people get offended in the process, so be it.

If you feel offended, so what?

If you feel someone has breached the terms and conditions; certainly report it to a moderator, if a moderator has not already taken the appropriate action.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS POSTED TWICE

You answered your own question - and rather well IMO...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My beliefs preclude me, God, from hating women. You cannot hate that which created you, and be God.
So, the OP is clearly wrong.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I must believe you are being sarcastic to the Bible and if yoru not then here is my reply. That Bible you are throwing at us woman was constructed from the mind of men...who claim it was God inspired. Somehow you men did dominate us woman for just a short while. Until recent years, we woman woke up to truth, we are equal to man woman and child. Our earth its morals and values has been layed out for millineums unto the mans mind and look where we are know, on the verge of depopulating of the masses. Weapons so powerful the mere thought of them sends shivers down my spine, Men have brought a deep value to a tree, it became monetary useful to the man, money money money. Men have solely placed humanity on the endangered list, Our only hope is men wake up and realize it takes both sexes to balance the nature,it is in the original creation both male and female were brought together at the same time. no where in your bible does it say, God created all the male animals then saw they are lonely so he created the female animals to be with the males, that whole story is rediculous and can be shredded on so many levels. Me thinks you are muslim??

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

So what exactly is wrong with crapping on someones beliefs?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
A simple and quick exegesis:
Adam was made, primarily, as a servant to tend to the garden. However, as anyone who works a good amount of hours a day knows, doing so results in you ignoring your own needs. The familial structure is necessitated by physics and exemplified by our bodies. Eve was to serve Adam so that Adam could serve everything else. So, if you truly comprehend what it means to be a godly animal, you will understand that, in fact, the burden placed on women is a lighter burden than that which is placed on men (IF THE MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUALLY "GOOD"). Likewise, the glory of a good woman outshines that of a good man. Why? Which body forms offspring and nurtures them? Conversely, but more so in the same manner, a man should be the first to give his life for his family because he is more expendable than the woman.

The ignorance in our culture has a sound and it sounds like white noise.

take the lion family, the female has the babies and she also hunts for theri food along with the males food, so who is the stronger in this situation? who has more value?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

So what exactly is wrong with crapping on someones beliefs?

This is what they do not report on the news, for fear of offending the perpetrators. LOL. Sick, absolutely sickening.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

It also says "i thankyou god for not making me a gentile".

In your logic, that would Jewish men hate gentiles and women, which isnt true of course.

What that ACTUALLY means, accords with the deepest concept within Judaism; service before God.

A Male is in need of greater spiritual rectification than the woman is; hence why the tefillin - the phylacteries placed on the arm and pineal gland, are only worn by men. A woman can reach that spiritual state without it.

Interestingly, there was an article in the journal of chinese medicine that discusses the unusual correspondence between the traditional placement of the teffilin on the head, and certain acupuncture points in chinese medicine that expands ones perception.

Link

The Jew thanks God that he was born a man because a man has more commandments; and the more commandments a man has, the more "thankful" he should be, because this allows him to serve God.

Likewise, a Jew thanks God that he was born a Jew - because he gets to perform more 'mitzvoth' commandments for God.

Im not justifying this tradition, im merely explaining for you the inner spiritual idea behind these statements. There is nothing at all misogynistic in it, nor malevolent.

Jewish women, as any reader of the Talmud would know, have as much or more freedom as todays modern women One Rabbi in the Talmud discusses a husbands need to endure his wifes nagging..lol. Just to show you how much tolerance, love and devotion women are shown by their Jewish husbands.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

Sure, I would never deny that there is a common abuse of man's strengths against women's lack thereof.

It is common for a man to lie to a woman, regarding love and other things, in order to obtain sex/status.
It is common for a woman to lie to a man, regarding sex and other things, in order to obtain love/status.

I will restate something I said above in another way. Men tend to be the armor while women tend to be that which fills up the armor. Without armor, women are easily abused physically. Without a wearer, men are often empty or ineffective. Again, a warrior without armor is not a warrior among warriors with armor, and armor that is not filled up with an effective wearer is crushed like foil. It takes both armor and a wearer to be an effective family.

That is not to say that a man or woman who is vile cannot do "great" things in the world, as many powerful people are very ignorant of the good portions of their nature. But really, a spiritually great life is not the same as an earthly great life. Who would choose, without blindness or hardness of heart, to succeed in the world and cast off the opposite sex? For our society to function, for us to function even as healthy animals, we do have general roles and instincts. These are not bad things. Abusing them is "bad."

If other animals were to cast of the good portions of their instincts, we would think them insane and destroy them before they destroyed the rest of their species. What if dogs started eating nothing but grass? And what if they told other dogs to do the same in order to be more "free." They would eventually die in their liberty.

Regarding the particular question you asked:
Being taken from the rib is an issue of equality, not inequality. While testosterone catalyzed humans are different from estrogen catalyzed humans, the base systems which define a human are the same.

Likewise, just as Einstein was gifted with a great mind to navigate concepts I don't even begin to grasp, I have a different place in the body of mankind. Should I rebel and say that I am the same as Einstein because he did different things than me? Obviously not, his contributions reach further than anything I have ever done, or even hope to do. I certainly would object if he claimed to be "more" than me. Maybe he was better in mathematics and other things he was good at, but as a package, we are all contributing to the whole (or should be). Just as I would not happily choose one part of my body over another, our individual judgment should be on honoring the good portions of our nature and restraining that which is ugly (like division, abuse, etc).

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

In many different animal species the female is the provider. In the human species it is more often than not the male that is the "bread winner'. Key term being "more often than not".

I can't believe that some of you people havn't caught the sarcasm from the OP even though someone mentioned it on the very first page. The OP was mainly making a point.
... the point I believe, is why some religious groups treat women the way they do, with less rights than that of a man.
... I believe that It started with Eve tempting Adam with the apple. Eve (woman) was the original sinner and Adam (man) was manipulated by her. Now, an honest question for you ATS'rs, which sex is the most manipulative? IMO just about any man will do anything for a woman, all she has to do is "blink her eyes and shake her tail" and that to me is a form of manipulation. I emphasize the word "form" in the previous sentence.

Just my thoughts on a whim.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Why is it when people talk about the beginning of the human race it's always Adam and Eve? No one ever mentions Adam's first wife Lilith. She is the reason for all the submission to men crap. During sex she wanted to be on top which Adam hated and refused to take orders from him. So he cried to god like a little pansy and had her cast out then god created Eve. This makes Adam a bigamist because he never filed for a divorce.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Completely agree with your exegesis.

I imagine the Rabbis would approve and applaud your effort to clarify these primal ideas.

Another idea inherent in Eve being created as a 'helper' to Adam is this: Eve, the final creation of God, symbolizes Gods most perfect creation. The very Hebrew word, Chava, means "life".

Her purpose is not merely to help the man, but SUPPORT him.

Any man should know that women are emotionally stronger then us. It may suck, but its true. Women are TOUGH as nails; not merely becauset hey endure child brith, but because they can endure emotiobal rigors that men seem to get stuck in.

Men, conversely, excel towards the abstract, and philosophical.

The Bible expresses the natural dynamic of creation; the masculine is the active force ie; Adam, while the female, Eve, is the passive force. God, "the creator", and "mother nature"; the former as giver, the latter as expresser. This same dynamic inheres in the sexual act; the man provides the seed which contains all the information, whereas the woman takes the seed, and within her womb, gives complete and total expression to it.

So, historically, the husband and man is the "breadwinner". He goes out and procures the vitality and sustenance needed to sustain the family; just as with God, the male acts from 'without', whereas within the home, the woman takes the raw sustenance and translates it into a LIVING structure. "the home" really is primarly the work of the woman, and wife, while the husband and children reap the rewards. Hence, the bible says, a man will leave his parents and CLING to his wife. He absolutely NEEDS her.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I agree with and understand this clarification, but consider these concepts if adopted by a Jew who is spiritually dead. These notions can easily be twisted into a particular hatred for women or gentiles.

This is the same with estrogen and testosterone. Men have a physical advantage over women, so a bad man makes himself ugly more quickly than a woman and often does so towards women.

So then, it can be seen more easily that one mode of operation can be morphed from what is to be thankfulness/growth, or even preservation/healing, into decay. And even more so when the viewing perspective is skewed by a culture falling into chaos/pride.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

I agree with and understand this clarification, but consider these concepts if adopted by a Jew who is spiritually dead. These notions can easily be twisted into a particular hatred for women or gentiles

Undoubtedly. But, this is much less common then you would think. Every religious Jew i have ever met is practically a servant to his wife. This is one religion in which i can say nothing negative. Jewish men treat their wives angelically.

On the other hand, the same cannot be said with regard to a Jews perception of the gentile. Bigotry, and base superstitions about a gentiles spiritual capacity, plague certain schools of Jewish religious thought.

We all know about the statements made in the Talmud about Gentiles. Some Jews, in my experience, mostly the hyper insulated Chassidic Jews, take these words verbatim. While other Jws interpret these words as reference to the gentiles of Talmudic times ie; circa 100 CE to 400 CE, and the period they speak of, was a time of great spiritual depravity. The Gnostics, Manicheans, Oriental cults, to dionysus, etc. These kind of pagans sort of deserve those statements the Talmud makes about them, in my opinion. Theyre antinomian; they flout their creator. Some even hate their creator, as in the case of the gnostics and manicheans. The practical effects of this is licentiousness, and other types of moral depravity.

However, these statements clearly do not apply today, not to the Christian, nor even the Muslim. Infact, the Talmud, although a sacred book to the Jews, perhaps should have those hateful statements made about non-Jews editted out, or atleast ammended to refer mainly to "idolators".

So then, it can be seen more easily that one mode of operation can be morphed from what is to be thankfulness/growth, or even preservation/healing, into decay. And even more so when the viewing perspective is skewed by a culture falling into chaos/pride.

completely agree.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mexicanatheist

What a load of utter garbage you spill.

Here's real scripture......

God says "and We will create MANKIND in the image of God....."

Mankind = Man and Wo-man

God is not man nor woman

YOU, my friend, twist scripture for your own agenda!
edit on 31-8-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

And lionesses war with hyenas while the lion tosses them away.

But this is one animal. Hyenas are led entirely by the females.

Btw, please ignore the disparagement in the top comments.

High order mammals, like us, tend to be male led.
And they usually live in Tribes.
edit on 8/31/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join