It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God hates women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why can't Christians realise that the bible is not a pure text but that it has been corrupted by men of its time?

link   
reply to post by mexicanatheist

I think that the Bible was written by men to control the masses by fear....they say god said these things...but I don't think he did....they just say he did...in order to rule themselves...the way they want things to be.

Eve ate an apple off of a tree....and then tempted Adam with an apple ...and they gained some knowledge and that ruined everything....how ridiculous is that!

Really....why do people believe this stuff?

link   
perhaps most of what I read in your thread is from the old testament....have you read the new testament? also I am pretty sure Jesus himself washed the feet of a "whore"

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Poster with only 23 posts coming on here with a female hate thread. yea that isn't suspicious. You all do the math. Today's message? Don't feed the trolls.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Don't think there's really any need to get ones knickers in a twist over the OP.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What a coincidence, just reading about Inanna which sounds like women held considerable power even in the early beginnings of civilization. There seems to have been some attempt to "scrub history" and erase the female role as a deity from the history books and religious tomes. That in itself should raise an eye brow or at least make you suspect or wonder WHY? What was to fear or what was being covered up? Were these women just over powered or out numbered? I am curious myself.

Inanna, also spelled Inana is the Sumerian goddess of sexual love, fertility, and warfare.

Ninni, Nin-anna and Irnina are independent goddesses in origin.

Her Akkadian counterpart is Ishtar.en.wikipedia.org...

Inanna can be considered the most prominent female deity in ancient Mesopotamia. As early as the Uruk period (ca. 4000 to 3100 BC), Inanna was associated with the city of Uruk.

The famous Uruk Vase (found in a deposit of cult objects of the Uruk III period) depicts a row of naked men carrying various objects, bowls, vessels, and baskets of farm produce, and bringing sheep and goats, to a female figure... en.wikipedia.org...

Inanna, Queen of Heaven and Earth: Her Stories and Hymns from Sumer
www.amazon.com...=rdr_ext_tmb

In the "White Goddess", Robert Graves speaks of true poetry as that which sends chills up your spine because it clearly has divine origins. While Graves' work does not meet that standard, "Innana" more than does so. With the fist stanza, "In the first days, in the very first days, in the first weeks, in the very first weeks, in the first years, in the very first years", you enter a primal Dream time where the the Goddess exists as a real being made tangible by enchanting words. It takes a true poet to translate words from a dead language into a modern one and have them retain their effect. Wolkstein does this with grace and power. The imagery of the tales and hymns themselves is lush, erotic, and real. I recommend this book for anyone interested in finding a sacred text that opens up a living channel to the Goddess. www.amazon.com...=rdr_ext_tmb

edit on 31-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thank the Goddess that all men are not as ignorant as you appear to be!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

MODERATOR EDIT: Discuss the topic and not your opinion of the other person.

All those bible verses....what about..1 John 4:8

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

You're so busy subjugating women you cannot love them, ergo you do not love God ergo you are not Christ like ergo you cannot be a true Christian.

Never fear, you're not alone, there are many more people people who spout random hate then there are people who truly, selfishly love others like Jesus did.

If there were more people who were Christ like in this world, we would be in a better world. Instead we have lots of religious people of all denominations spouting their hate, to the detriment of us all.Religion truly is a scourge upon our world.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
Why can't Christians realise that the bible is not a pure text but that it has been corrupted by men of its time?

The bible was corrupt from its inception. Someone must have worked awful hard to corrupt it even further.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
And you wonder why people like me become atheists after decades in the church? Well, this thread is a fine example.

How ignorant to judge another human being based solely on their gender or race.

Well - I don't actually support becoming Atheist because of "something the church did to you".

But - Yes! Ignorance is a very valid reason. In searching for god and reading actual real histories of the time of Jesus is enlightenment to the false myth of Christianity.

Anyone blindly believing the mythical story of Jesus - - is definitely ignorant to reality.

Religion is man made. The bible - - a collection of scripts - - is Man judging Man. There is no god.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Non-believers need to be sent to a Christian school for re-education, fools. You won't be able to enter the kingdom of heaven while you are still atheists or homosexuals.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
lol

Not getting laid are you? Not by anyone willing anyway.

That was my first thought as well

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I believe in God, but how can anyone say that the Bible is the word of God? It is utterly ridiculous when you think about it. Some will tell you that it is just the Old Testament...BS. Right and wrong still apply, no matter what the time period. Even if these actions were what people were used to, God could have intervened and set down the correct laws. No loving, caring God would impose these horrors upon his creations. More likely however is that enterprising men used the Bible as a way to lay the foundation for their own beliefs. Basically, in layman's terms, it is the biggest con ever.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
godisimaginary.com

I don't understand why so many posts here are bashing the OP. I think the post is a very well thought out, scathing review of the Judeo Christian reality of the treatment and control of woman through religion. The autrocities that the church carried out throughout its 1000's year long war on woman.

Something must have happened, in the distant past, that ticked off some powerful men, to wage a war against thier own mothers, sisters and daughters. I wish I knew the true history of this insipid biblical misogyny.

edit on 31-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mexicanatheist

When is this Satan-inspired evil going to end. Not content with unleashing, with diabolical cunning, such God destroying ideas as Evolution, Atheism and Heliocentricity, he seeks to further pervert the world by supporting that ultimate blasphamy the "Woman's Liberation Movement".

It's all there in the bible: the MALE God created MAN in HIS image, demonstrating the high regard He held for the MALE. Eve, on the other hand, was created as an after-thought, a mere plaything for Adam:

Obviously you don't believe in God based on your ID. But if you did, then hopefully you would agree that by definition God must be pure and perfect. Accepting that as a given, everything you read should be measured against that for value. If you read something that conflicts with the will of a pure and perfect God, then the conclusion must be that either you've interpreted the meaning of what you read incorrectly or what you read does not reflect the God you believe in and is therefore irrelevant. You come to a 3rd conclusion, that being that there is no God. I find it ironic that people like you don't believe in the Bible, but you suddenly embrace it to try and prove to yourself and others that there is no God. If you don't believe in the Bible, then you have to seek the Truth elsewhere, don't you?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Something must have happened, in the distant past, that ticked off some powerful men, to wage a war against thier own mothers, sisters and daughters. I wish I knew the true history of this insipid biblical misogyny.

edit on 31-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

Fear of them becomming powerful as men which is sad because a species should want to be as strong as possible mentally physically spiritually. Some of the males back then carried the fear you see today with political / business leaders... Imagine if LILUTH was allowed to conceive with ADAM the genetics
Would humans be the same 3dimensional beings today or less or more?
edit on 8/31/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Most believe exactly that. There are very few Christians that believe the Bible is 100% perfect, and many of those believe that based on religious teachings rather than reading and researching it themselves.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Most believe exactly that. There are very few Christians that believe the Bible is 100% perfect, and many of those believe that based on religious teachings rather than reading and researching it themselves.

I think that the OP proves that the Bible isn't 100% perfect. In fact, the OP proves that the Bible is in fact something to avoid being influenced by.

I don't get why people here are accusing the OP of being a closet homosexual, or in need of getting laid. All these ad hominem attacks are off topic. (My 1st take was that the OP is a woman) The obvious misogyny of the Judeo Christian religion is what should be discussed here. Not the OP's sexuality. Geez, grow up people....DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It's all there in the bible: the MALE God created MAN in HIS image, demonstrating the high regard He held for the MALE. Eve, on the other hand, was created as an after-thought, a mere plaything for Adam:

And this is the danger with taking scripture literally.

It is ALLEGORY - METAPHYSICS.

The male-masculine energy is associated with activity, potentiality, and the transcendant, thus God is referred to in the masculine.

Men provide the seed - the semen - which contains the information in potentia, which is later expressed through the female.

Thus, God is called "Male", while nature - the expression of Gods power - is called "mother nature".

There is a metaphysical reasoning behind this nomenclature. It is not meant to elevate men above women.

Infact, according to the Jewish esoteric tradition, Each day in Gods "creation" he creates a more sophistacted and perfected aspect of reality. What is the very last thing God created? EVE. CHAVA in Hebrew, which means life.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yeah,well we all hate women sometimes

But as they said,you can't live with them,you can't live without them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join