It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Write In of 2012: lets draft someone against there will

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So I have been doing a complete look about and have decided on something simple... We as americans are doing this all wrong this election cycle

For my keyboard Jockey homies, there is a way to hold a bloodless coup in 2012 and you cant be stopped....

You ready...

We need to understand a simple single principle.... those who are seeking the ultimate position of leadership right now neither deserve it or are worthy... NOT A SINGLE ONE....

That is both the liberal and conservative candidate with the third party seeking it...

A leader does not need a popularity contest and to spend billions of dollars to prove he is the best leader...
and they are going to spend damn close to a billion dollars for a job that pays only 200,000 dollars a year for four years, to convince us... it's the great horns of dilemma ... it is either the republican candidate or it is the democratic candidate...

I dont know about you but I am an american and someone trying to tell me "well you either have to do it this way or this way but that it is you have no other options.... Well as an american it is my Genetic birthright to respond to a coloring of my options with my middle fingers extended to the powers that be...

So we all agree this is the first part of the problem

The leader we need is not currently running because of them being who we need to get us out of this mess... and we can choose whoever we want

Wow is it really that easy a problem...

It really is... it truly is

Now the solution is merely application....

Write in candidate...

A write-in candidate is a candidate in an election whose name does not appear on the ballot, but for whom voters may vote nonetheless by writing in the person's name. Some states and local jurisdictions allow a voter to affix a sticker with a write-in candidate's name on it to the ballot in lieu of actually writing in the candidate's name. Write-in candidacies are sometimes a result of a candidate being legally or procedurally ineligible to run under his or her own name or party. In some cases, write-in campaigns have been organized to support a candidate who is not personally involved in running; this may be a form of draft campaign.

Thats right america we draft the next potus...

The criteria at start is simple and all three view point can be accommodated...

This person can not be currently seeking the nomination.... Agreed it is the singular greatest part to this...

Some of you may not like the next part but I am going to include this... The write in candidate needs only eleven states for the 271... to be potus...

Electoral college

The Electoral College consists of the electors appointed by each state who formally elect the President and Vice President of the United States. Since 1964, there have been 538 electors in each presidential election.[1] Article II, Section 1, Clause 2 of the Constitution specifies how many electors each state is entitled to have and that each state's legislature decides how its electors are to be chosen. U.S. territories are not represented in the Electoral College. The Electoral College is an example of an indirect election, as opposed to a direct election by United States citizens.

blah blah blah...

ah here it is

Main article: Faithless elector

A faithless elector is one who casts an electoral vote for someone other than the person pledged, including one who refuses to vote for any candidate. There are laws to punish faithless electors in 24 states. In 1952, the constitutionality of state pledge laws was brought before the Supreme Court in Ray v. Blair, 343 U.S. 214 (1952). The Court ruled in favor of state laws requiring electors to pledge to vote for the winning candidate, as well as removing electors who refuse to pledge. As stated in the ruling, electors are acting as a functionary of the state, not the federal government. Therefore, states have the right to govern electors. The constitutionality of state laws punishing electors for actually casting a faithless vote, rather than refusing to pledge, has never been decided by the Supreme Court. While many states may only punish a faithless elector after-the-fact, some such as Michigan specify that his or her vote shall be canceled.[40]

so if the candidate wins he is potus because the ELECTOR by law are required to vote for him....

Now the next part is where we run into a slight problem.... Which person gets drafted... Unlike the present situation we choose the draftees....

Well here goes my recommendations...

Democrats...

Well boys and girls you have screwed the pouch... You have not a single leader I could point to.... I had to dig deep and make a tough call...

For the write in democrat

William Jefferson Clinton

Here is why... He is not currently seeking the office. He has the experience..

on the moral front remember this so far the conservatives have put up losers against the o-man.... And when he got caught doing an intern... his numbers went UP... Right about now a man whose greatest crime (officially)is not wanting to put up with Hillary and doing an intern....

Hell should he win I'll chip in for a first prostitute to keep him out of trouble... I need some help from my fellow Americans, I believe it might cost thirty thousand a year... which isnt much when spread across the whole spectrum of america and a lot cheaper then what we are dealing with now

He has ran the country sucessfully and enjoyed growth...

His VP
should make you laugh but I have my reasons...

Oprah Winfrey-
From weather forecaster to making more money then the treasury... She has a good sense for business... And the nation will listen if she comes to the office because Hillary dealt with Bill

When you finish laughing at least I can say that the democrats gave me great options...

Republicans...

For President

John C Maxwell- a leader whose books on leadership are quite simple the best.. I cant find any fault in them and use the principles he outlined with my own field testing...

He matches the main Criteria you require...
Christian
Has Money
Is a white male

Now are you sitting down...

I had a harder call to make as VP

Curtis Jackson

aka... 50 cent

and yes he is a republican...

here is why
He CLIMBED from the streets to where he is now....

He is a leader and runs his financial empire better then most of you run your lives.... Before you judge remember what JESUS... judge not least yeah be judge

Criteria
Conservative
Wealthy- and made his own money
successfully turned his life around

Libertarian-
for President

L.Niel Smith

Has been a libertarian for a very long time and espouses all the values of the Belief set..

I cant think of anyone for VP... The best I could think of was a Koch brother... they are the very successful libertarians

Well for the 2012 election I think a great write in campaign would be great...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I know that one response will be this..

The election will be rigged... We cant fight them.. they will cheat us... Well thats not exactly true...

Of course the game will be rigged but our play here insures something... the ones in power in the democratic and republican parties would swallow these gentlemen (albiet like poison) from their parties

Two that means we only have to watch eleven state officials for rigging.. with A separate vote of those writing in reporting where they are from online we can monitor the difference and prevent the fraud...

After all america it is easier to hang eleven people for treason than it is fifty.....

This is very serious to me even though some may think otherwise I want to know who you would like to write in for president..... or if you like the choice I made I am curious...

just remember the rule is they cant be running for office now.....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You capitalize Oprah, but yet ALL your references to America are never capitalized....
I wonder.....

BTW: I think they are one step ahead of you. Correct me if I am wrong, but, I think even if you write someone in and if they are not registered with the voting commission as a candidate then they are ineligible; regardless of the votes.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
um good luck with this.
Seriously 50 cents?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I say Morgan Freeman for President!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I am not sure where you are going with this. There is NO way that there would ever be enough write-in votes to get anyone elected who isn't already campaigning. I mean look at Ron Paul. He has been a politician for how long now? How many times has he spent money campaigning for president? And he still hasn't won. So you take a good politician who actually applies effort to win the presidency, and he can't win...A write-in definitely will not.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
BTW: I think they are one step ahead of you. Correct me if I am wrong, but, I think even if you write someone in and if they are not registered with the voting commission as a candidate then they are ineligible; regardless of the votes.

This is why you can't elect people who don't run. Anyone can run, just go to your local election commission, say, "I want to be a write in candidate for this position." Pay appropriate fees, and you're a candidate.

If 51% of the population writes in Mickey Mouse, Mr. Mouse is not immediately elected president because...well, one reason is because there may be two or three people (or mice) named Mickey Mouse. How do we know who the voters wanted? Mickey would have to register as a write in with the election commission so they know who to give the position to.

It's a cute idea but an abject failure because the government already has a system for it.

top topics

join