It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton off to Paris to discuss Libya's future

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I hope the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is correct with her grandiose assessment of things on the ground in Libya? This is not Checkers, but a game of Chess. Realistically, I find her remarks to be more gimmicks and the usual run-of-the-mill political double speak. As I said on another thread, trade one dictator who the West more or less had under control, and trade him for a bunch of mini-dictators all seeking a piece of that big pie called Libya. I am very skeptical about these rebels?

Who the heck are they? What do they represent? Do they have any grasp on legitimate governance, law, and order? What about the allegations of atrocities during this campaign? How about answering allegations about these rebels moonlighting as Iraqi insurgents? So, as you can see I am on the fence. Now, that the dust has settled that country better be flooded with agents, because we have to know beyond a shadow of doubt what these people are about before we start cutting checks. Let the French, UK, Canada, or any another nation taking part in this NATO exercise to foot the bill. There is plenty of stuff for the US to do at the moment in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.

Trust but confirm! In the meantime, I would expect a power vacuum to occur as this massively damaged nation begins to crawl out of the destruction left by this military campaign. Furthermore, there had ought to be some kind of agreement with whomever takes over stipulating that the Western allies can enter the country to safely remove Qaddafi's nuclear materials and biological weapons. Can't afford to have those fall into the wrong hands.

As for this meeting in Paris? What is the point? What concern is it to the US? I thought the US took a limited role in this campaign? Now, when it gets real hairy that is when the US is invited to the party? When abductions, be-headings, suicide bombings, and any other misfortune is to befall Libya in the vacuum left by Qaddafi, and who is going to have to go in there and get shot at? Hmm. . . I reckon that is going to be the crust of this meeting.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You are obviously unaware of the Rothschild Banking Family and Rockefeller Oil Family, hence your ignorant attack on my post. But ofcourse, you wouldn't accept any old YouTube video as evidence, but you will from the BBC, CNN, CBS, Al Jazeera, Sky News etc. (who have an extensive track record of biased reporting and lying) or any other Government checked history book which obviously has a biased view of things.

And for the record, I never said "jews weren't massacred and that it was a lie", so please don't take my post out of context.
edit on 31-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

All you need to know about what is wrong with US military and foreign policy is captured in the title of this thread. What business on earth is Libya's future to the US? I guess that after engaging in an illegal, needless war, we need to but boots on the ground to facilitate the raping of both the Libyian and US treasurys by the military contractors.

There's that ridiculous "i" word again that always sets me off. Don't make me call out my flying monkeys!

They should have just sent folks from General Dynamics, Haliburton, Blackwater, CACI, Booz Allen and the rest of them over there, it would be the same thing.

That's my vote, too. Send in the mercs. They do it voluntarily, can walk off the job any old time they care to break the contract, and get paid much better. No pesky Roe's to hamstring their efforts or limit their abilities.

They get the job done without all the crazy PC baggage.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88
Regarding your second post:

I know...

Let's NOT acknowledge and attempt poorly to completely bypass the facts that I pointed out which blew your original post [that I replied too in my FIRST reply to you] completely the hell out of the water...

I am not in your timezone and I gotta sleep somehow.

I can appreciate that. I couldn't sleep much either last night.
I had nightmarish repeated visions of cankles

Apart from that it was the US who delivered the WMDs especially the gas he used against the Kurds. I never said that other countries didn't supply him with weapons.

Which WMDs are those again? The ones that many here scream that Iraq didn't have which makes the invasion "Illegal"? Now, how is that that in one debate the [Hate America crowd] drags out the WMD card when it suits their myopic views then turn right around and claim Iraq didn't have WMDs when it's not convenient or advantages to their rant?

Now if you can justify this excessive need to go through informational gymnastic contortion of the facts I'd love to read it.

Don't try to defend the US it is not working and both wars started with BIG TIME LIES by the US government!

I'll defend my country against half truths and factual historical omissions..

edit on 31-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Another thing - I heard last night that the "rebels" have demanded that Algeria return Gadaffi's family members who managed to escape to Algeria (Muammar became a granddad again yesterday, BTW), Now, there's only one reason for that demand, and it has been the same reason since at least the days of Nebuchadnezzar. Erasure of the Gadaffi Dynasty, innocent and guilty alike, to preclude a return to the throne.

another indication that things are not as the progressives claim they are with the "peace loving people of Libya". This isn't going to turn out well. It rarely ever does.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

You are obviously unaware of the Rothschild Banking Family and Rockefeller Oil Family, hence your ignorant attack on my post.

Oh...
I'm well aware of what and who they are. Here, this may help you out. It requires reading a large amount of information. [There are some pictures
] I've researched it, have you?

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the New World Order

But ofcourse, you wouldn't accept any old YouTube video as evidence, but you will from the BBC, CNN, CBS, Al Jazeera, Sky News etc. (who have an extensive track record of biased reporting and lying) or any other Government checked history book which obviously has a biased view of things.

Like your favorite sources for a narrow view of things like PressTV or RT?
The fact is I hardly ever turn on the TV. Apparently you know what CNN, BBC and the others are spewing. How else would you know what garbage they're spreading? So please don't accuse me of the same handicaps you yourself are afflicted with.

And for the record, I never said "jews weren't massacred and that it was a lie", so please don't take my post out of context.

I'll bookmark that reply

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by wcitizen

The West has no experience of true freedom either....it's just a myth they sell you through the MSM.

What do you consider to be "true freedom" them?

Basically the God-given absolute freedom which I am born with - to do as I choose as long as I harm no-one else and do not damage the property of someone else.

Government is a massive control machine at the service of the oligarchs.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

The West has no experience of true freedom either....it's just a myth they sell you through the MSM.

What do you consider to be "true freedom" them?

Basically the God-given absolute freedom which I am born with - to do as I choose as long as I harm no-one else and do not damage the property of someone else.

Government is a massive control machine at the service of the oligarchs.

I live that right now, in "the west".

How is it that I'm unacquainted with "true freedom" then, as defined by yourself, and am instead being somehow sold a bill of goods by the MSM?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It seems to me that SLAYER69 is a very strong suppoter of the new world agenda and for a person who doesnt believe in it.

He sure does believe almost what the mainstream tells you eh? i was like that once before, but since i woke up the 9/11 truth movement and i stopped believing the MSM.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Saddam could never be one of the good guys,my goodness, slaughtering people is never good. Even in my book.

However, there was more order than there is now. But hey, that's the price you pay for liberty!!

Yeay, three cheers for the U.S, Hip hip hooray etc....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow people tangent much? US involvement means US involvement. The lead from behind till it's time to divide up the spoils! I do find it funny that France was so opposed to the Iraq war yet had no problem dragging us into Libya!
When you have something to gain out of it, it's all good.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by LadySkadi

However, there was more order than there is now. But hey, that's the price you pay for liberty!!

Yeay, three cheers for the U.S, Hip hip hooray etc....

And three cheers back to the UK... oh wait!

edit on 31-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
* France, Britain host 60 delegations to discuss Libya

PARIS, Aug 31 (Reuters) - World leaders meet in Paris on Thursday to discuss Libya's future, with hosts France and Britain hoping to show that a costly military campaign can lead to a political transition that avoids the mistakes of Iraq.

Big powers, gathered to coordinate the political and economic reconstruction of the oil-producing North African state, will also be jostling over business interests there.

Libya's interim council has promised rewards for those who took a lead role in backing the revolt against Muammar Gaddafi.

"The objective is to turn the page and get behind the new authority," a French government source said.

Link

edit on 31-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Curious why can I not star Kro32...? I hope I am just missing something, it would be shameful if staring his responses was prohibited...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Why should'nt the US take what it can get, we dont live in a Startrek NextGen world...it is still ran by bad people with no regard for others. I may not like it but it is the way it is and has been for 1000's of years, it will not change this century.

So why not, the US has the most powerful well trained military in the history of the planet, we should take all we can get. If not China will, Russia will....Iran...etc...

I am American/Iranian and a US Marine Sniper who happens to be Muslim as well...life will not change as long as human nature does not and I bet it will not for a long time.

For you peacenicks, give love, tree huggers...you will be the first to die if a war ever broke out...so bring your pink code pink shirts and anti-US sentiments and I will bring my Glock and AR-15...we will see who walks away...

better yet try reading 2000 years of history and show me a time when there was peace and things were fair...why do you think just because we are smarter anything will change, we as humans still have that lust for power, greed, money...etc...I dont care who you are deep down you have this hunger as well, no matter what you say.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I forgot to add,

Good lets hope she wears something provocative and offers herself to them...I guarantee the US would get 100% of the Oil and land rights....because they would just give it up if should would put her cloths back on...no wonder Bill has muff on the side, I do not blame the guy...image waking up next to her with no make-up....

vomit coming...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
waiting for all the unshaven woman to chime in calling me a male chauvinist pig...yada yada... sorry I am not a metro-sexual, I have not been neutered by big city self reliant woman, I dont sit and cry when I am sad, I am not in touch with my feminine side...take that back my feminine side is a hot 23 year old russian who sleeps on the left side of me (guess I have a feminine side...I am still a MAN, strong and masculine...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join