It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton off to Paris to discuss Libya's future

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Excellent observation.

These countries have no experience with true freedom. They've always been under some sort of heavy control If it wasn't some dictator then it was a tyrannical regime. The West would do business with and provide aid and support in order to maintain the peace and stability in the region. Once the blinders come off for these people they are going to be in for a rude awakening for sure.

When the safety nets and training wheels are removed I'll guarantee you we will see more bloodshed as they grope around in the dark looking for their life support again.

edit on 31-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

WHO belongs to the EU? Wouldn't that be European countries? So how does the pejorative "puppet" apply to their native government?

Wouldn't that be European countries?

thats what i said

So how does the pejorative "puppet" apply to their native government?

It does now what does to you western sphere influence mean? all European countries now and there leaders act as puppets to america and britian just like nicolas sarkozy and the mafiaman as some italians call him who is running italy since the 1990s he has own every election in italy with momey i dont know about you but thats a clear dictatorship.

Same thing in Bosnia a western style dictatorship.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Fair points... However just because the people over throw their government does not mean they will replace it with a democracy, especially in the Middle East. The influence of Islam on government functions makes that understandable.

If the people overthrow a dictator and replace him with a dictator, the people have choden.

That's just about what I'm saying. All these folks screaming for the US and NATO to go in and kill off enough Libyans for them to come around to our way of thinking are going to get a surprise of the Islamic variety if they're thinking, as they claim, that some sort of democracy will take root.

"Nation building" and "spreading democracy" just aren't going to fly there.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Okay. It makes absolutely NO sense to claim that European governments are their OWN "puppets". Therefore, I'm going to have to follow Slayer's lead and ignore at least half of your posts until you can make one that makes sense, even if I disagree. I mean, I can disagree, and the post could still make "sense" by being at least internally consistent whether I agree with it or not.

That series ISN'T internally consistent. It went like this:

You - European governments are puppet governments of the west.

Me - Who do you think the west IS?

You - Europe is included in the west

Me - how are they puppets of themselves then?

You - Just because.

edit on 2011/8/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by SLAYER69

France comes to mind on the boots issue.

However it creates and interesting crossroads. The UN would need to approve the boots and I cant see Russia or China going for that. Secondly the only way around the UN would be for countries to recognize the NTC and then get their permission for the boots, which again if Russia and China dont recognize the new government there will be some issues.

France opened up Pandoras box.

This is exactly why I get bent every time I see some fresh out of college know nothing in Washington mention US involvement in some sort of official capacity. Because you and I and many others know they are trying to convince some less than familiar Americans that this is a good thing.

As far as Russia and China. Well they made their beds when they abstained when it really mattered before all of this kicked off many moons ago. With regards to France. They should reimburse the US tax payer for services rendered

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

America and Britian,Bilderberg Group control the euporean backed puppets

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Slayer ..Karma is a bitch like Hillary ... she will return back ....someone will discuss USA future in a future

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Slayer ..Karma is a bitch like Hillary ... she will return back ....someone will discuss USA future in a future

not in the near future, tho.

gonna havta kick our ass, first.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

And the fact that America is a superpower means that they have the resources to have a global influence . . .

Um . . . just wondering . . . but have you seen the United States' bank account lately. Where's the resources?

And I 'm glad you think that establishing military bases in Libya will work wonders for their economy. That's nice but WE CAN'T EVEN DEAL WITH OUR OWN ISSUES . . . WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING DEALING WITH THOSE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY??????

Just sayin' . . .
edit on 31-8-2011 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Why would Hillary need to discuss Libya's future? Wasn't the point of overthrowing Ghaddafi to leave the fate of Libya's future in their own hands?

I'm sure she meant the business aspect of Libya.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Hey Einstein

In Gulf wars I & II

The US and coalition forces destroyed thousands of Soviet/Russian made Tanks, BMPs trucks, fighter jets, helicopters not to mention SCUD missiles and launchers and or the verifiable overwhelming fact that all of his troops were armed with RPGs, AK47s plus boots, belt buckles, helmets and socks etc etc etc...

So you tell me.

edit on 30-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Regarding your second post: I am not in your timezone and I gotta sleep somehow. Next time think before you write.Thx.

Apart from that it was the US who delivered the WMDs especially the gas he used against the Kurds. I never said that other countries didn't supply him with weapons. Furthermore MidnightTide replied to the rest of your accusations.

Don't try to defend the US it is not working and both wars started with BIG TIME LIES by the US government!

edit on 31-8-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

The events in Libya this week have heartened the world. The situation remains fluid, but it is clear that the Qadhafi era is coming to an end, opening the way for a new era in Libya—one of liberty, justice, and peace.

We join the Libyan people in celebrating the courageous individuals who have stood up to a tyrant and defended their homes and communities against Qadhafi’s violence.

Read more at:

m.state.gov...

Is it just me, or can one assume that this meeting the fate of Libya will be discussed? Wonder how many bases the US will want - and from that statement, sounds like the United States will be determining who gets what.

What do you think ATS?

I think it's a euphemism for a meeting to share out the loot.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by MidnightTide

Why would Hillary need to discuss Libya's future? Wasn't the point of overthrowing Ghaddafi to leave the fate of Libya's future in their own hands?

I'm sure she meant the business aspect of Libya.

I agree with you, anyone who speaks normal English would understand their claims to mean just that....but they don't speak normal English, they speak double speak.

In doublespeak,

humanitarian aid = destruction
freedom = slavery

So - according to their own language they have been truthful. They have used destruction to reduce Libya to slavery.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Yes, one day there will be a meeting where every cent of the $ quadrillins stolen from the public purse by the psychpathocracy will be seized from their private banks and returned to the people who it belongs to.

In another meeting discussions will also be held as to what punishment is suitable for them for their monstrous crimes.

That is the day when wars will end, because the psychopaths will no longer have the funds to bribe and coerce and the people of the world will be celebrating in every street on the planet.

edit on 31-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Excellent observation.

These countries have no experience with true freedom. They've always been under some sort of heavy control If it wasn't some dictator then it was a tyrannical regime. The West would do business with and provide aid and support in order to maintain the peace and stability in the region. Once the blinders come off for these people they are going to be in for a rude awakening for sure.

When the safety nets and training wheels are removed I'll guarantee you we will see more bloodshed as they grope around in the dark looking for their life support again.

The West has no experience of true freedom either....it's just a myth they sell you through the MSM.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

The events in Libya this week have heartened the world. The situation remains fluid, but it is clear that the Qadhafi era is coming to an end, opening the way for a new era in Libya—one of liberty, justice, and peace.

We join the Libyan people in celebrating the courageous individuals who have stood up to a tyrant and defended their homes and communities against Qadhafi’s violence.

Read more at:

m.state.gov...

Is it just me, or can one assume that this meeting the fate of Libya will be discussed? Wonder how many bases the US will want - and from that statement, sounds like the United States will be determining who gets what.

What do you think ATS?

Well i just read at telegraph that "China says it is sending a vice-minister to "observe" a Paris conference on the future of Libya, whose rebel National Transitional Council (NTC) Beijing has not officially recognised, AFP reports."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

If Gadaffi has earlier made deal with Chinese,none of this would ever happen. But i am sure he thought it would never come to this as western politicians were kissing his hands,but as they say "dont be affraid of the dog that barks".
Anyway this whole agrassion isnt over yet,soon the real war will start because the only person who united tribes in Lybia was Gadaffi,with him in shadow they will start killing each other,and all western people who come.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

This video u are for sure not going to see on MSM and as u can see NATO is on the ground in Lybia!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

The West has no experience of true freedom either....it's just a myth they sell you through the MSM.

What do you consider to be "true freedom" them?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Last time we left the world alone we ended up fighting world war 2. Maybe that's what you guys are hoping for but i'd rather see us involved before it get's to that point especially with nuclear weapons all over the place.

You have so much to learn.

American/European companies (oil, weapons, banking you name em) did business with Hitler's Germany and it helped America and Europe get out of the nasty depression at the cost of millions of lives. If you leave all the nationalistic BS aside, its all big business at the end of the day.

But ofcourse, they don't teach you that in history books.

edit on 31-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
American/European companies (oil, weapons, banking you name em) did business with Hitler's Germany and it helped America and Europe get out of the nasty depression at the cost of millions of lives. If you leave all the nationalistic BS aside, its all big business at the end of the day.

This is a prime example of how limited some think around here. First you point out how the West did business with Hitler's Germany but fail to explain how and when and in what context. Then, you mention Millions killed but again fail to explain how and when and by whom. [You may even have to explain how millions of Jews were killed in concentration camps--but of course that's a lie too right?] Which is fine with me. It's no sweat off my pair.

But ofcourse, they don't teach you that in history books.

I dunno...
Youtube is a lousy way to learn history...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Of course we need another military base in Libya. What the hell, it will round out the 700+ other military bases we have around the world (that are made public).

All you need to know about what is wrong with US military and foreign policy is captured in the title of this thread. What business on earth is Libya's future to the US? I guess that after engaging in an illegal, needless war, we need to but boots on the ground to facilitate the raping of both the Libyian and US treasurys by the military contractors.

They should have just sent folks from General Dynamics, Haliburton, Blackwater, CACI, Booz Allen and the rest of them over there, it would be the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join