It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late night browsing turned into late night greeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hey everyone! I guess I'm a little late on making an introduction. (I actually just spent some time writing one, when I posted it, I was informed that I don't have a topic and lost everything I wrote.. damn)

I found ATS when I came across a thread about cavemen and monolithic structures, which struck my eye. In fact, it struck my eye, in such a way, that I read the whole 25 page thread. The original thread warmed me up to ATS, so much, that I began to browse through some other threads and realized that this is a pretty open minded society, that you guys have here. Never the less, to someone who has always questioned something or another, it seemed like a nice fit.

Other, than an understanding that the world we live in is a rather messed up and absurd place, I am an avid gamer, an ice hockey fan, a traveler and a food fanatic. I am a university student, currently studying abroad in the UK, and visiting home for summer. Right now, I'm in an empty apartment, in a dark room, in my bed, with a purring cat beside me, about to watch Eyes Wide Shut, after hearing about the Illuminati symbolism. I don't know, that could sound rather evil or pretty sad. I haven't decided which yet

Anyway, that's me. I hope to make ATS a place to occasionally escape from the 'reality' out there.
edit on 29/8/11 by TeroK because: typo

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Welcome

Look forward to reading what you have to share.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
We are Rigel4. We offer greetings to you and your cat.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I love that there are all kind of lovely types on ats!

Welcome buddy, and have a good ride!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TeroK

Hi Terok,

Glad to have you here, I am sure you will love this site as much as I do!!!

And to pass along the great advice that was given to me, don't let any holes seep thru your tinfoil reptilian coverage cloak, remember that your tinfoil hat must be worn at all times, and I think if I remember right Hitlers juice bar is next to JFK, he runs the Weenie stand. Credit to fellow member WhiskeyKisses for the map!!

Enjoy

edit on 29-8-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TeroK

Hi TeroK, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TeroK

Oh yea and watch the guy above me ^sauron.. (I think he follows newbies around)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thanks everyone

My cat offer purrs (snores?) back ^^

Apparently, Hitler was quite health conscientious, and a dietary freak, so it would stand to make sense that out of all of the dictators, he was the one running the juice stand.

Yikes, being followed, huh? What else happens on this site?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Welcome TeroK...I'm StealthyKat and I'm am ATSaholic. Nice to meet you!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So does this mean you have read the threads on Stanley Kubrick's last film you will be watching today? Or the threads on him that go deeper in the rabbit hole?

Happy viewing - altho I believe the ending that made it to the screen wasn't his original ending, correct?

Enjoy it all!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I read the original post. It wasn't very deep, but got me interested. I figured, I might as well watch it before I read all the threads and possibly ruin the movie for myself (tho, I've seen in before when I was younger)

I'll get back to you, when I'm finished

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

yeah, keep an eye out for that bloke, but put it back in the right socket.
Hello BTW and welcome?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hey if you are watching esoteric movies, Terok? I recommend,the Jim Jarmusch movie "Dead Man" starring Johnny Depp. A real insight that movie and done classic Jarmusch. More trippy than the movie,"Ghost Dog" that starred Forest Whitaker..:-)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out next
Ghost Dog was amazing.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeroK

I read the original post. It wasn't very deep, but got me interested. I figured, I might as well watch it before I read all the threads and possibly ruin the movie for myself (tho, I've seen in before when I was younger)

I'll get back to you, when I'm finished

Good plan - you may want to watch it again after you read all about the man. And then 2001 A Space Odyssey, then his Clockwork Orange--- don't mind me, just good to see others getting it.

Enjoy!
edit on 29-8-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: too corny

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Welcome.

(Issues the high mud boots) just incase yo find some brown stuff. Some tell me its mud, not so sure myself!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Finished watching it. Forgot most of the movie. Will be interested to read, what people had to write about it.
I've see Clockwork quite a few times, but I downloaded Space Odyssey, and I'll have to watch that, when I have the time.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TeroK

Fab that you've seen Clockwork a few times.. have you read the various controversies behind it?
I dig this stuff because last year I managed to spend a couple of days on the subject of Stanley Kubrick's work/life.
Interesting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Yeah, the ending for EWS was rather interesting, but I can definitely say that the movie felt a bit unfinished or odd, to say the least. Maybe, that's just all the hype and controversy it's received, affecting my perception..

I haven't really read much about the controversy for Clockwork Orange, I'll have to read up on that too.
Every time I open this site, it's as if I have to research something further

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
In one of the packets of info I read on it, the ending of Eyes Wide Shut was not Kubrick's ending - he died I recall 4 days after the movie was made.

This is one of the links I found on it - an, um.. interesting take and the comments section is, too.
Has a few good links in it as well, I know, for time off on the time off, yeah?

www.foundingfather1776.com...

And Clockwork Orange - now there's a few hours gone reading up on that one---
Have fun!

top topics

join