It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

to make your reply have any worth you have to read the articles. You have not, having replied far to fast to have actually followed the link and read anything. Blank denial is not good enough. Fail.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Well you are assuming God had a creator (which he didn't) otherwise he wouldn't be omnipresent, and all powerful.

The reason he doesn't require a creator is because he is not confined by the limits of time.

He is in-effect out side the realm of time and can manipulate it if he so chooses.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Section31

What i refuse is faulty science which uses secularism as it's starting point.

In order to search for the "what if...", you have to start your journey without bias. If scientists were to base their tests solely on God, they would stop at, "God snapped his fingers." Science has revealed that God took a more complex approach in creating life.

God's word does not stop between the covers of a single book.

Mankind put God within a box.

edit on 8/30/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

But modern science does have bias since it uses secularism as it's starting point and in process refutes any slight chance of a creator being responsible is suppressed.
edit on 30-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

But modern science does have bias since it uses secularism as it's starting point and in process refutes any slight chance of a creator being responsible is suppressed.

Keep in mind...
Jesus Christ proved that some members of the Jewish establishment got it wrong. While they were looking for a rich messiah with a physical army, they got a poor messiah with a metaphysical army.

How much do you want to make a bet many Fundamentalist Christians made a similar mistake. As they are looking for a God that fits a, b, c, other Christians are discovering a god that fits x, y, z.

Same word of God translated to accommodate modern paradigms.

Welcome to 21st century Christian thinking.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I see you follow classical theism but an off topic question do you really carry a King James version of the bible around with you?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337

How do you know for fact there is not aliens?? Explain to me Adam and Eve

Aliens are demons, i don't believe in life on other planets, there are huge resemblance between aliens and demons and a stack of evidence to actually prove they are demonic fallen angels, typing "aliens are demons" into youtube might be a good start, or going to my profile and checking my thread on it. As for adam and eve, i see no correlation to them and aliens so im unsure why you mentioned them.

NO..ET are not biblical demons.

While there are undoubtedly bad ET's among the many species at various stages of development within the infinite Universe/Multiverse, just as there are many bad human beings on our small planet alone, they are not demons, not as you imagine them to be as demons do not exist.

Demon is simply and most likely to be the explanation given by the product of inadequate comprehension of other worldly life encountered, by primitives.

And since you are perpetuating this primitive view, all you are showing to be correct is the evidence of your superstitious and primitive of point of view.

Aircraft recently located a hitherto unknown and tribe in the South American jungles. This tribe has never had contact with the modern world, being completely isolated from advanced 20th/21st century technology, for all intents and purposes, their level of technology could be thought of as below or roughly comparable to the primitives who invented the superstition of demons in the first place, the biblical 'prophets'.

Upon witnessing the aircraft they immediately attacked it, no doubt fearing it to be whatever their particular version of demon is in their superstitions.

What do you think a nomad or goat herder accustomed to the sights and sounds of the technology and natural world around him 2000 odd years ago, would have made of a Chinook helicopter hovering over him do you think? It would have frightened the living daylights out of him, and he would more than likely imagine them to be demons or some such too. Same thing with these S.American tribesmen.

And you're perpetuating this rubbish with the benefit of recognising advanced technology and principles? In many respects the tribe attacking the helicopter are more advanced than you are, at least they have the excuse of not knowing such things are possible to an advanced civilisation...you do.

edit on 30/8/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/8/2011 by spikey because: typos..i'm tired.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

I have the oxford king james version 400th anniversary edition, its quite heavy so i don't carry it around i keep it at home.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Yes they are biblical demons and there's absolutely no proof for your tribe story which seems to be the common theme amongst the ufo community, luckily more people are waking up to the fact they are demons, and many Ufologists are starting to speak out. There is a mixture between government aircraft using modified advanced nazi ufo technology and orbs of light in the sky which are infact fallen angels. Your entitled to your opinion though but i suggest reading my thread which highlights the similairitys between alien abduction and demonic possession.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

is jesus black in your avatar? just curious.

so what do you think of the teachings of jesus? how do they apply to others and how do they apply to you?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Last time I checked Darwin used his voyage on the Beagle, specifically observations he made while at the Galapagos Islands that formed the basis for evolution.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Keep in mind...
Jesus Christ proved that some members of the Jewish establishment got it wrong. While they were looking for a rich messiah with a physical army, they got a poor messiah with a metaphysical army.

How much do you want to make a bet many Fundamentalist Christians made a similar mistake. As they are looking for a God that fits a, b, c, other Christians are discovering a god that fits x, y, z.

Same word of God translated to accommodate modern paradigms.

Welcome to 21st century Christian thinking.

Got what wrong? I hope your not referencing to the old testament which Jesus confirmed was true...

I don't know why your calling me a Fundamentalist Christian ether, since i don't describe myself as one of those.

Christian thinking has not changed since the days of apostles ether.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You know who is also outside the confines of Time and can manipulate as he so chooses? The Doctor. Prove to me that The Doctor is not God.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

actually, the theory for the existence of demons is, that they are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim, who because they were neither human nor angelic, were not able to be resurrected to their own perfected bodies, or some such stuff like that there.
as a result, they try to attach themselves to people/living things, so they can once again take part in the world of senses. i don't know how much of that is true, but it does basically follow along the verses in the bible

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Sorry but i don't know what your talking about, but it seem's like you could do with a doctor.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I wouldn't say nephilim and demons are the same beings. It seems to me that the nephilim were physical yet demons are spiritual. It is my belief that the nephilim are really the "greys".

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcalibur254

Sorry but i don't know what your talking about, but it seem's like you could do with a doctor.

it's this guy

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

"modern science" does nothing of the sort - some people who are part of het "scientific establishment" do - but hey, they're only human.

"Modern science" looks only at evidence, and its refutability and repeatability. Come up with refutable and repeatable evidence of the existence of god and "modern science" will evaluate it as it does any other credible evidence.

But until you can do so stop trying to co-opt "modern science" as a tool to help suport your mythology (sic)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

I wouldn't say nephilim and demons are the same beings. It seems to me that the nephilim were physical yet demons are spiritual. It is my belief that the nephilim are really the "greys".

no, it's saying the demons are the SPIRITS of the nephilim,
ya know, after they died.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So Adam's original sin brought about the death of the spirit so he had to live to eat bread go back in the ground and die. Now go to the Epic of Gilgamesh, the point of the story is we are going to die so we might as well live now and Uthpashmitin is granted eternal life as a rare scenario. Gilgamesh cannot obtain eternal life so he is told to go get a plant and eat the plant so he can become young again unfortunately the plant is stolen by a snake.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join