It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

How do you know for fact there is not aliens?? Explain to me Adam and Eve

Aliens are demons, i don't believe in life on other planets, there are huge resemblance between aliens and demons and a stack of evidence to actually prove they are demonic fallen angels, typing "aliens are demons" into youtube might be a good start, or going to my profile and checking my thread on it. As for adam and eve, i see no correlation to them and aliens so im unsure why you mentioned them.

edit on 30-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
We know that Adam and Eve were the first two people.

We do not know that.
You believe it.
I do not.

As someone who is a Christian, I 100% agree with your perspective, aorAki.

I personally think Adam and Eve 'represent' the first two members of our species to obtain full awareness. As our species evolved over a long period of time, the human brain became more complex in design and functionality. Even though other members of the species were aware, the brain in Adam and Eve was incredibly different. Adam and Eve's ancestors were moving down a different evolutionary path (tree of evolution = tree of knowledge), which lead to a drastic change in our biology.

Now, the bible actually supports the following, but many fundamentalists ignore its existence.

After the first two humans were born with the evolved genes, their descendants spread the DNA by integrating with the remaining gene pool. As a result of Adam and Eve's descendants matting with other humanoids (sons of god matting with daughters of men), they spread the evolved genes to a new generation. Eventually everyone's ancestors obtained the genes.

We are not the descendant of Adam and Even in the literal scenes, but we are the descendants of the evolved genes that they introduced into the gene pool.

Now, I am showing too much of my cards. Lol... As a graphic designer and psychologist, I am interpreting biblical literature as a painting or work of art. Symbolism hidden within biblical literature. Get it?

edit on 8/30/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The god or lord god of the bible's Adam and Eve can be translated as the original god of earth. The story which is entirely symbolic says how Adam who is first man, was created by god from the dust of ground an idea reflected from the older belief that people were created partly with clay. Adam's wife Eve was also created artificially and they lived in the Garden of Eden where they were told that all of their physical needs would be met as long as they obeyed their masters and stayed in the garden. They were also told never to eat fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil which symbolizes an understanding of ethics and justice or the tree of life which represents how to retain one's spiritual identity and immortality. A snake convinces them to eat fruit from the tree and become like the gods. The gods did not want mankind to be able to spiritually recover as it would be difficult to make people who maintained their integrity and sense of ethics slaves and even harder when those same individuals are undowed by physical threats because of a reawakened grasp of their spiritual immortality. The gods wanted to permanently attach the spiritual beings to their bodies so they used the flaming sword to prevent them from gaining spiritual knowledge and never rising above material existence. The brotherhood of the snake was originally Enki's organization devoted to providing spiritual knowledge for humans taken over by Enlil who then used the organization to create modern day religions.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Oh dear lord give me strength... Not another person calling themselves christian yet claiming adam and eve evolved.

We are not the descendant of Adam and Even in the literal scene, but we are the descendants of the evolved genes that they introduced into the gene pool.

Which bible are you reading? doesn't sound like the one i and many others have read.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Oh dear lord give me strength... Not another person calling themselves christian yet claiming adam and eve evolved.

We are not the descendant of Adam and Even in the literal scene, but we are the descendants of the evolved genes that they introduced into the gene pool.

Which bible are you reading? doesn't sound like the one i and many others have read.

Straight from the "King James Bible".

I am willing to bet there are more Christians that believe in the truth behind Evolution than those who do not.

As a matter of fact, the Catholic Church believes Darwin was correct.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

Which "God's" are you referring to? The only one im familiar with is the one true God of abraham isaac and jacob.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Straight from the "King James Bible".

I am willing to bet there are more Christians that believe in the truth behind Evolution than those who do not.

You read my bible?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So you got any more evidence for a Young Earth outside of Humphreys' hilariously appalling attempt at science? Maybe you can throw something new at me that hasn't been debunked ad nauseum.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You blasphemer, i have my king james version here right now and there's no mention of adam of eve evolving, that's not what says happened at all...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The lord god mentioned in the story of Adam and Eve.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Link: The Vatican claims Darwin's theory of evolution is compatible with Christianity

The Vatican has admitted that Charles Darwin's theory of evolution should not have been dismissed and claimed it is compatible with the Christian view of Creation.

The Church of England is seeking to bring Darwin back into the fold with a page on its website paying tribute to his "forgotten" work in his local parish, showing science and religion need not be at odds.

What is that?

Catholic Church and Darwin are in agreement?

Didn't see that one coming did you?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Given your claim of the age age the Earth I thought you may be interested in reading about this cloning colony of Aspen trees, en.wikipedia.org...(tree) or here range.wordpress.com... a colony of natural clones with a single root system approximately 80,000 years old. It seems they stopped seeding effectively after the climate changed at the end of the last ice age 10.000 years ago so clone instead. Ingenious life, isn't it? This collective organism is eight times older by itself than your least conservative claim of the age of the planet, not being Christians, the trees don't know they're breaking your rules. If you went up to one and bashed your head against it, it still wouldn't be convinced of your claims.

edit on 30-8-2011 by tonyJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Like i would trust anything Vatican 2 says.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337

The lord god mentioned in the story of Adam and Eve.

Can you quote the verse that mentions Adam and Eve were created using the evolutionary process?

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Like i would trust anything Vatican 2 says.

Well... People were complaining that Christianity hates science.

How about this one...

Link: Church of England and Darwin

Through the absorption of this material comes the conclusion that a healthy balance between the mystery of faith and the wonders of scientific discovery is essential - as Revd Dr Malcolm Brown writes: "There is no reason to doubt that Christ still draws people towards truth through the work of scientists as well as others, and many scientists are motivated in their work by a perception of the deep beauty of the created world."

Interesting.

So, do Christians believe Darwin was onto something?

Looks like it to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ

When i see a human claiming something is "80,000 years old" i just have to face palm.

Did the tree's root system pop up from under the ground with a label on it claiming it was that old?

If it did ill be flabbergasted and reconsider my stance

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't have an issue with how "we" came into being, there are many possible methods and means.

However I have a simple question...

Who created the creators?

If was to place four square stones in a field, would they, by an accident of evolution, become a two storey mansion complete with a heated swimming pool?

No, someone has to make them, to create that final result.

That is my point, that if you go right back, to whatever it is, you will find there is a singular eternal ever living source that we simply cannot comprehend as we nothing but space dust in comparison.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

As a christian i don't refuse to accept science, in fact im all for science.

What i refuse is faulty science which uses secularism as it's starting point.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

While i agree that racial differences make zero difference to a question of species, it is not as simple a matter to dismiss as you do.

The reason for different skin shades is simple... Those with darker skin tend to live in warmer climates, while those with lighter skin tend to live in colder climates.

Darker skin because the group live in warmer climates and lighter skin for cooler climates is not an explanation from a creationist point of view, the explanation is missing as to how these racial differences originated in the first place.

I understand skin becomes suntanned or darker in areas with more intense exposure to sunlight and visa versa, but what you are describing is essentially adaptive evolution and you don't seem to even realise it.

If we are talking about one individual being exposed to low levels of sunlight, the skin would naturally become paler, and conversely a heavily sunlit environment would be expected to create a suntanned or darker skin.

How does this exposure become fixed in generation genes and passed on to offspring, who are the same skin tones of their respective parents, when the offspring have yet to be exposed to low or high sun, without adapted genetic mutation for that skin tone being passed on in genes?

And of course, skin one is not the only racial trait in any of the racial groups...hair colour and type, tendency for certain facial commonality, susceptibility of racial groups to inherited genetic diseases such as sickle cell anaemia and a host of others, affecting only specific racial groups of one type or another.

Of course, we are all unquestionably of the human species, but racial groups adapting to their environments over time, is *exactly* what evolution is!

You have failed again.

Ethnicity is much more than your naive view which essentially boils down to a group having either receiving a lot of sunlight, or low levels of it...it is actually in reality a prime example of the mutation of human genetics, in response to exposer to certain environmental factors, which over time is precisely the crux of the theory of evolution.

Change of aspects in a species, based on environmental factors, inducing gradual genetic mutation, passed on to future generation.

I hadn't taken you for an evolutionist in creationist guise.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It says they were created from the dust of the ground whatever that means, but I don't get why god would not want us to eat from tree of ethics and tree of knowledge those things sound beneficial, what paradise is one where I do not know what is right from wrong where you are like an animal just living to eat the bread from the ground that you made. This is all from genesis.

edit on 30-8-2011 by KingJames1337 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join