It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
What's the difference between agree and strongly agree?

Surely you either agree or don't. Yes or no.

I think black and white thinking is the problem with many humans.
The world is made up of a gradiant.

This survey demonstrated something interesting. Anyone whom strongly agreed or disagreed on anything should actually be put in the same catagory overall...the questions, though based in either a religious or scientific context, are still open to speculation...so anyone strongly agreeing or disagreeing, no matter the question, are the ones running on faith.

The more neutralish (not neutral though) ones are the ones with the most open mind...so, check the results again, and instead of looking at the questions, look at the far end statistics for the actual belief based people on ATS

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
Overall good results, however puzzling it is that in the last question only 15.9% of those surveyed selected the right answer. Must do better.

And yes, it is the "right" answer. Come on now, this isn't 1862. There's no excuse today.

If you mean this question,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

then that is absolute bull, look around you, do you not see what you might call, 'accidents of nature' or if you prefer, a 'God working in mysterious ways' the ultimate cliche's, ad nauseum. No wonder the percentage.

Why not this question, If I go to heaven would I be justified in trying to beat the crap out of God for the particular problems handed to me on Earth? and, in doing so he sends me down to Hell, when I then proceed to beat the crap out of the Devil, who is another prat, but does not know what to do with me, and sends me back up again and so on ad infinitum. There is no such thing as the right answer.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

So....if Adman Eve are the first man and woman ever on earth .....and they had sons and daughters....then who did their sons and daughter marry and have children with?

The survey results are about what I expected.

edit on 29-8-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Inquisitive1
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I took the survey, but responded to every question with the answer "Neutral". It's the only suitable answer when you don't know, and finding out is next to impossible.

You are allowed to have an opinion about things you don't fully know.

For instance...you don't know matter of factly that your mother loves you, but you can be of the opinion that she does overall

Come on..be honest, you got that from the movie 'Contact' didn't you.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Thats nice.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I ask this on page 3...

Incest seems to be the only logical answer.

link   
Too many are programmed by the elite running this planet and corrupting science, with their own kind of dogma, such as big bang, dirty iceball comets, etc. Its an electric universe, and for those who want to explore the logical explanations thunderbolt is a great website and makes very good videos on youtube as well.

Thunderbolts the Electric Universe and Plasma Physics

Debunking Misconceptions About the Electric Universe - PART ONE

Wallace Thornhill in the last video: "One of the key signatures of an electric current is the magnetic field that it generates.

And once we got spacecraft outside the earth's environment....what we found was a threaded with magnetic effects. And when radio astronomers looked at things in deep space.....is that they were receiving radio signals which shows that there were magnetic fields threading galaxies and also associated with stars ....The fact that its emitting radio signals shows...that it cannot maintain the magnetic field without an electric power being supplied.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

In addition its also a holographic universe, and that means, its a technology, and has Creator(s).

Deep thinking and studying whats under the hood with the coding and programs, ie. the library of this planet, will reveal there seems to be oppositon, night/day, charity/selfishness, and this is a school. There is only one path to happiness.

So, alot of programming in these answers.

Time to open the mind, and look into other theories.

Hint, the 4 comets nasa studied in depth were clean, no water or less than .5% and carried a charge. They emit xrays. Capacitors. Note, electricity is the only thing that creates a magnetic field in a laboratory, also, the plasma discharges in laboratories and in plasmology woud = nebula's.

www.thunderbolts.info...

As to the holographic universe:

www.dailygalaxy.com...

One of the things they failed to share with their infared discoveries was that space, including our solar system was immersed in threads, what are called Birkeland threads/strings.

www.esa.int...

So yes, it is a bit of surprise that the main answers are the old lies.

link   
i think when you get down to brass tacks, you should ask yourself if you believe that the universe just exists, or that its the creation of a higher being.

i prefer to believe in something greater than "it is because it does" and its sad that people would choose to believe in nothing rather than something.

link   
Finally, my response

A very disappointing survey. Soo many on ATS..seemingly the majority, are belief based verses having a opinion but open for anything that adds or subtracts from it.

Having a strong opinion on a questions of science that is yet to be bulletproof, or faith that has no proof at all means you are ultimately a fundamentalist and irrational in a system of beliefs....like you have supernatural knowledge of the truth.

I expected more from you ATS...tisk tisk....and don't think your getting off simply because the majority of you at least strongly believe in the science over the religious...still got some work to do!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

150 years and yet (secular) scientist's have yet to find the "missing link" Why? because its not there Duh! this is causing the evolution theory to fall apart if anything...

(i say secular because not all scientists believe in the evolution myth)

Charles Darwin's grandfather, Dr. Erasmus Darwin, was a Mason. Charles' brothers were Masons. Some suggest Charles, an atheist,may have been a Grand Orient Mason, but there are no records, conveniently destroyed perhaps? It makes you wonder why The British Masonic Royal Society promoted the theory of Charles Darwin through Free-mason, Dr. Thomas H. Huxley. In 1850. I guess it fitted perfectly into there agenda of eugenics and a New world order so they went along with it, even though the masons themselves are wise to it being a lie (they worship Lucifer).
edit on 29-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarfbot
i prefer to believe in something greater than "it is because it does"

I prefer to believe I am a superhero.
Beliefs based on what we like is fun, isn't it.

and its sad that people would choose to believe in nothing rather than something.

I think people generally want answers, not beliefs. beliefs tend to dismiss eventual answers. Feel free to have beliefs if you want, just know the difference between a belief and a wish, in the way you use it, is just spelling.

link   

Originally posted by Sundowner
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What I find interesting is the very last graph.

I think that it brings up an interesting point...how many of you feel this way? I personally think it could be true. We would all do well to remember that ther are "believers" on both sides of the aisle. (If you know what i mean...)

Not being argumentative, really i'm not, but i don't actually 'believe' in some profound explanation of how we came to be here at all...i do hold what i think are more likely scenarios though, but that's a lot different to a belief.

link   
ATS seems to only be loony when it comes to politics...

This site just may turn out to be alright in the end. Thanks for the survey.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
So, correct me if i'm wrong, but basically what you're saying here is that you believe all human life is the result of an incestuous interbreeding of Adam's children?

In one manner of speaking, yes.

However, it can also be assumed that the entire human race (according to Genesis 7) comes from Noah, his wife, and his three sons and their wives. However, we still have some incest and interbreeding issues.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I didn't participate in this survey because like most along these lines, it seemed like an "either, or".

What about for those who believe in God AND evolution?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

edit on 29-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Just replying without quote, (and to add that there is an ATS fault somewhere as I almost edited your post as I seemed to arrive in your edit box when using your quote??)

Anyway, there is no answer other than the obvious.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

150 years and yet secular scientist's have yet to find the "missing link" because its not there? Duh!.

You have got to be kidding, surely.

150 years is nothing.

It's a big planet, and there are relatively few searching for this link.

If all 7 billion of us did nothing else but search for a missing link on a planet the size of a country like Iceland, i'd agree with you...but your example is like saying 'Pffff...5 minutes you've been looking for a shooting star, and still you haven't found one, as proof there are no micro meteorites!

(you do believe in micro meteorites...don't you? Just checking)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EthanT
I didn't participate in this survey because like most along these lines, it seemed like an "either, or".

Then you are one confused individual.

(No but seriously, if you believe that your really in no mans land).

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EthanT

There was an option for that belief in the survey.

Something about 'supernatural entity created, and along with millions of years slow evolution we became what we are'...or words to that effect.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join