It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Tired Of People Who Insist On using My Skin Color As Thier Weapon!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by D4Saken

Calling modern day race cards republican spin would be nothing more than a lie.

Fact is, other than a few hicks here and there. racism is gone.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ergastulum

I believe living conditions are their own fault. The way you make your home and get along with your neighbors is up to you! How is the government or anyone going to change that? Especially when your being provided housing. And whites came here on ##SNIP## wagons and made a whole country.
edit on Sun Aug 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
African Americans are not sheep, and it does not speak well to your character, OP, that you yourself are making broad generalizations.

You have a preconceived notion that you are 'rebelling' against, yet you don't see the irony of your accusation.

In one sentence, you have both fulfilled your own complaint and generalized an entire half of the voting public.

Yes, I would agree you are very well suited to be a 'Conservative.'

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Yeah, the democrats are almost as bad as the republicans when it comes to screwing over the working class. All those trade agreements were fully supported by conservatives.

You will notice from your chart that once Newt got his contract on America passed, the trade imbalance got much much worse.

And it is the repub admins who have refused to enforce the laws against illegal immigration, and left our borders wide open while starting wars over seas to protect the ICs.

It was under the Nixon/Ford admins that the ghettos were created to breed crime.

Don't kid yourself, conservatives are just as bad as liberals when it comes to promoting racism. Being a bigot is just a part of the personality that seeks out enormous wealth and power, and the corporate CEOs are every bit as bad.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4Saken

Originally posted by KennibleLecter

Originally posted by D4Saken
Dude you sure your not some old white Republican spinning it?
Because it sounds like a conservative propaganda conspiracy.

You know what man... you're exactly the type of person I'm talking about!

Can't a black man who has done well for himself NOT SWALLOW the crap being spoon-fed by the liberal democrats?!

People like you disgust me.

How many black men or women are a member of the Tea Party.
Out of those numbers, if you can find any, how many know what the Tea Party thinks of them?

There are people of color in the Tea Party. There are no exclusions. If you wish to join, then join. No-one will be excluded over race. The Tea Party are just people who are not happy with the way this country is going. No way is everyone going to agree with them. Those who do agree are free to join.

If you like fur and leather, don't join PETA. If you agree with the way things are going, don't join the Tea Party.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We should just stop using skin colour/race as a weapon completely, I mean ... you hear of some people calling the race card on everything, in fact some I've seen and heard of different races using their own colour as a weapon just because they can and it's quite sickening.

Well racism all together is sickening.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sternblut
reply to post by ergastulum

I believe living conditions are their own fault. The way you make your home and get along with your neighbors is up to you! How is the government or anyone going to change that? Especially when your being provided housing. And whites came here on ###SNIP### wagons and made a whole country.

Oy! I don't know if I would go quite that far, but there is a valid point in there somewhere.

I have been through the liberal California education system and actually survived. The fact is that ever since the sixties, (a bit foogy, but I do remember them), there have been groups who actually encouraged taught people of color how to exploit the system. They are still here, and many of these groups get federal and state funding.

I was an orphan in a farm community who actually got to attend some of these programs and projects, (Token white kid). The things I have heard and seen would blow your mind. I had many strikes against me, and the Leave It To Beaver families didn't like their kids playing with the orphan. What's there for a shunned orphan to do? Get stoned a lot and start reading books. Mature, take responsibility for one's self, get more education, and go to work. Stop whining about everything and do something; that's what the School of Hard Knocks taught me.

I had no advantages. Anyone who wishes to put in the effort can improve.
edit on Sun Aug 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KennibleLecter

This is your problem.

Drop the "Cant a BLACK man" attitude bit, and go with "Cant a MAN..." and you will be alright.

In my own personal experiences, I have found that the people who cry out for equality almost always end up alienating themselves from everyone else. NAACP. UNCF. Morehouse. Grambling. Etc.

I am not saying it's only the black community that does it, I know that all do it, but these are my points of reference.

When people stop giving a ##SNIP## about what color THEY are, they will notice that no one else cares either.
edit on Sun Aug 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It is easier to conquer 300 million people if they are fighting among themselves instead of uniting against their common enemy. Class warfare and race warfare is one of the oldest tricks in the politicians book. It doesn't help that these same politicians also control the public education system, where kids are indoctrinated with all of the status quo progressive lies.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Yochuna

Then you know what I'm talking about, I tend to vulgarize my points to create enough ?! to get them into someone head.
And by all means,
I'd like to hear about these mind blowing things you saw?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KennibleLecter
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this thread as it is a bit of a rant, but I've stated it before in a number of threads.

I'm tired of hearing how conservatives want to keep the black man down, when in fact I find the exact opposite.

There are schools named after that evil Sanger lady. What she really promoted was sterilization; the big brother to abortion. They wanted to sterilize anyone who wasn't like them; not just Harlem my friend.
edit on 28-8-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Aug 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I find your OP a bit out of touch with reality, but then again "believing in either side;
Conservative or Liberal, Democrat or Republic" is too: out of touch with reality.

Case in point:

I am neither.
I am not racist.
I do NOT and have NEVER focused negative remarks/ill wishes upon *a* single
race/ethnicity/religion/sexual preference. That being said:

Acceptance, tolerance, patience and understanding, compassion and empathy ARE only
learned when the protagonist has an open mind and discovers these beautiful traits on their own...

Being frank: I've said negative remarks (that correlate with a person's race) and there is no excuse for doing so.
However when growing up as an innocent in a very volatile environment; things can be programmed into a susceptible mind and I found no issue(s) with calling my friend a wetback, or my other friend a cavacho/chinito/gringo or any of the well known slurs out there.

I don't think a broad generalization of the word "racist" fits all assumptions that many people THINK are true.

For instance: is it true or false that intelligent blacks were murdered to dumb down the African American Populace, and true or false would you say that your brothers and sisters are LESS evolved as a direct consequence?

I support hard-ass working individuals who are struggling to survive.
Do I also support free-loading moochers that prey on the system (by design) that robs
honest tax payers who unwillingly and unwittingly GIVE their hard earned money to a
large group of fraudulent recipients (no matter the race) ???

People need to evolve no matter the race but in my extensive experience Blacks
harbor and manifest physical/primitive rage much more often than ANY other race.

Why is that?

I've lived in:

Venice Beach
Long Beach
Culver City
Compton
South Whittier
Norwalk

and have also lived in Coto de Caza, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades...

Educated blacks didn't suffer the rage, the anger and need to fight one another. Why is that?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Just to stir up the thread.

If a black man is endowed with poverty......It's whitey manipulating the world to keep the black man down.

If a white man is endowed with poverty.....Its just bad luck or he/she is too lazy to make it work.

If a black man gets an education and becomes successful....It's because he did the "hard yards".

If a white man gets an education and becomes successful...It's because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

From the perspective of someone who lives in another country(Australia) and has only television & internet to go by....I hear lots of racist remarks coming from the USA......But out of all the racists remarks I hear......I rarely hear them coming from a white person( I'd guesstimate 1% or 2%).

I'm not saying that the racism toward blacks isn't there, but I wonder if it is really as bad as a black man would have me believe or it is just an excuse for the same man to lash out at others for failure to take responsibilities for his own life and make something better of it.

Sorry if I've offended anyone with my post....I'm just trying to make an observation from a different viewpoint.

Don't be sorry at all, I am tired of people being sorry for what they believe in.

Be proud that you can see behind the racist progressive crap they are trapped so many people with these days.

and OP - star and flag for this thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Im black...I dont believe either side or any of their ##SNIP## or promises because they always come with a catch. It is because of this that I am a self made success who is using that way in to help widen the door for others. I dont wear jewelry, dont have a "hot car" and could care less about any of the pop culture shackles that they insist on strapping around my ankle. "right" vs."left" is just another divisive TRICK. A very smart man who helped me realize that I aint got time to bleed said that politics is like professional wrestling and I hold them both in the same category. As for those who are slaves to materialism....well...I grew up around a racially diverse set where whites were the majority. Just because the white couple across the street doesnt have a gold grill and a Donk in the driveway doesnt mean they arent hitting Nordstroms hard to keep up with the Jonses. Far as Im concerned there are two types of people in this world. Those who to share ammo with during the zombie invasion and those to use for bait.

edit on 28-8-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You answered your own questions. They want us fighting with each other about our differences while conveniently leaving out all our similarities.

And let's face it, at this point we are all slaves to them, just some of us are in cages within cages.

Nice answer. Probably about 98.5% true.

Star for hitting the nail on the head right off the bat.

Obama is proof. Everyone labled him the most liberal of liberals. Well guess what? He was quickly assimilated to the DC culture. Another politician, bought and paid for.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yeah, the democrats are almost as bad as the republicans when it comes to screwing over the working class. All those trade agreements were fully supported by conservatives.

You will notice from your chart that once Newt got his contract on America passed, the trade imbalance got much much worse....

Poet, by now you should know I HATE BOTH parties in general and Politicians in particular.

I most certainly blame Reagan for not supporting the anti-monopoly laws that should have protected our small and medium size businesses from the Bankster/Corporate Raiders. I figure there are enough liberals around to dig up the rest of the dirt on the other Republicans.

If the Liberals would do what the Tea Party is doing. Toss the old corrupt politicians on the Dung Heap where they belong, THEN we can have some reasonable compromises that are good FOR THE PEOPLE and not just the pockets of the Politicians and the Elite.

We just plain can not ignore politics any more. We have to do the digging and spread the dirt on ALL the politicians impartially. Thank goodness we now have the Internet to do just that. No wonder Rockefeller wants to get rid of our intenet freedom.

Newts "Contract with America" In reading this I can see where Liberals had problems with certain bills but I do not see where it impacted the exit of American jobs. How about being more specific.

We really need to put together a good clear picture of how the elite have been screwing us law by law.

Government and Operational Reforms

On the first day of their majority in the House, the Republicans promised to pass eight major reforms:

1. require all laws that apply to the rest of the country also apply to Congress;
2. select a major, independent auditing firm to conduct a comprehensive audit of Congress for waste, fraud or abuse;
3. cut the number of House committees, and cut committee staff by one-third;
4. limit the terms of all committee chairs;
5. ban the casting of proxy votes in committee;
6. require committee meetings to be open to the public;
7. require a three-fifths majority vote to pass a tax increase;
8. guarantee an honest accounting of the Federal Budget by implementing zero base-line budgeting.

en.wikipedia.org...

As far as Clinton goes... Here is some new material.

Clinton made it one of his goals as president to pass trade legislation that lowered the barriers to trade with other nations. He broke with many of his supporters, including labor unions, and those in his own party to support free-trade legislation... [Article contains video of] Clinton's December 8, 1993 remarks on the signing of the North American Free Trade Agreement.. en.wikipedia.org...

Another UTube: CNN covers Hillary Clinton praising the North America Free Trade Agreement. www.youtube.com...

Hillary Clinton: USA will support Russia’s joining WTO - Georgia Times (Country not state)

US President Bill Clinton vowed on Wednesday that he will do his utmost to reach an agreement with China on its entry to the World Trade Organization (WTO), and if that is done he will try to push the Congress into offering
China a permanent normal trading partner status....

"an open China that is a responsible partner in a
world in which China will be at some point in the 21st century, if it keeps growing, the biggest
economy in the world. Accession to the WTO would make them a part of the rule-based system of
global trading and investment."

"So I hope that we can work it out, and I will do my best,"

Clinton said.

www.international.ucla.edu...

PROTESTS

...While violence shook Seattle, solidarity marches were held in New York, Portland, OR, Boston, MA, and other US cities. 75,000 took to the streets throughout France to protest the WTO on Nov. 30. Police also attacked a solidarity rally in London, UK. 40 were arrested, and a police van was torched. "Green Rennet" eco-saboteurs even cut power to the WTO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, Dec. 3, crashing several computers. Peasants held marches against the WTO throughout India. Hong Kong also saw solidarity protests, although the official Chinese media hardly mentioned the Seattle protests. On Dec. 11, hundreds of striking students marched in solidarity with Seattle in Mexico City. Riot police attacked the march, and 98 were arrested and ten wounded--including four police. Windows were broken at the US embassy.

The WTO finally met towards the end of the week, only to deadlock on setting an agenda. The threat of protest forced Clinton to insist on bringing the issues of labor and environmental standards to the talks. The Democratic Party's alliance with organized labor was already strained by Clinton's support for China's new WTO membership. This move won Clinton's WTO position the support of AFL-CIO President John Sweeney, but UAW's Stephen Yokich and the Teamsters' Jimmy Hoffa sharply dissented. With 50,000 in the streets of Seattle, Bill couldn't soften his line.

China and Third World countries refused to discuss labor standards. Various Third World countries also protested that the top industrial powers held real power in the WTO, with only their inner circle gaining access to WTO Secretary-General Michael Moore. At week's end, the delegates departed for their respective countries, having accomplished nothing. "The protestors were successful in stopping the negotiations," admitted James Clawson, a member of the US negotiating team....

morc.info...

edit on 28-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Aug 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on 28-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

And therein lies the punch in the gut. If they make it to that position most high.....its because they have agreed to sell most of the citizenry down the river in order to maintain the status quo. Yeah yeah....they talk pretty...but its honeyed lies designed to speak to our deepest ideals while still sticking their hands under the table to diddle some long held fears. The suggestions are implanted by our media and the politicians just hammer it home. Why do you think we love these Cult of Personality Leaders. Obama is more Rock star than President and Even though Bush wasn't the sharpest nail...his presence was almost compelling...even if you just wanted t stand back in awe of how a cokehead from a rich family somehow ruled a whole country.

link   

Can't a black man who has done well for himself NOT SWALLOW the crap being spoon-fed by the liberal democrats?!

In a word? No. Tie 'em down, and tickle their toes, and many of the liberal elite would say "No, you are not... Because that would take away much, if not a majority of our power base."

That many minorities can and do make successes of themselves, and more are doing so every day, drives many liberals, especially those in office, nuts. For the simple reason, it threatens their power base.

For purposes of disclosure...

I am a white, conservative independant minded democrat... Registered, and everything...

link   
I don't see any difference between black people and myself. You're entitled to anything I am, if you can get it.

Racism to me is something that gets used by people who don't want to take responsibility for their situation, and want to have someone else to blame. So as one example, they say things like, if they have less money and a Jewish family up the road has more, then it must be the Jewish people's fault, etc. If a black man ends up with a white wife, there will be people who talk rubbish about that, because they will think a prospective partner for them has been taken, on either side.

So I don't take any notice of it. If someone is racist, it says more about their own ignorance and mental illness, than anything about you.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

well the worst offenders are hip hop artists / rappers.

they use the "N" word in almost every single record they make.
this music is then listened to predominately by white American kids.

They are teaching everybody that its ok to refer to black people in this manner.

its not.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join