It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money meant for Breast Cancer has been going to Planned Parenthood!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Yeah, I hate it when I give someone money and then they spend it on something I really didn't want them to spend it on. But then I realize that I gave them the money and it's theirs. If I *really* don't like it... I don't give them any more money, but I don't bellyache about it.
reply to post by Ex_CT2

So you give your money to a mechanic to fix your car, and then he spends it on pizza and beer instead of fixing your car, like it was intended? Your an idiot!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by moogle

Your missing the whole point of my post. You may love PP, that's fine. But I think it is a misappropriation of funds for any charity to redistribute contributions to unaffiliated groups. I must admit that after looking into this a little more I have found that PP does do a lot of good things, but that's beside the point, I expect my donations to go towards its intended purpose. If they had redistributed the funds to save baby seals, I would still be upset. It doesn't mean I don't think saving baby seals is bad, it's just not where I intended for the money to go.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

...i understand your point but when money leaves your hands, its no longer yours... its theirs... you chose to give it away... you also chose not to investigate the charity to see how they might disperse the donations... thats on you, not them...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Touche! I guess I'll know better next time.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MitchL61

And misrepresentation is commendable....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Actually early diagnosis and treatment of Breast Cancer is well within the mission of Susan B Komen. And since PP does do breast cancer screenings and that is part of early diagnosis, then this is 100% a non-issue and nothing more than political slinging of dirty water.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by moogle

Your missing the whole point of my post. You may love PP, that's fine. But I think it is a misappropriation of funds for any charity to redistribute contributions to unaffiliated groups. I must admit that after looking into this a little more I have found that PP does do a lot of good things, but that's beside the point, I expect my donations to go towards its intended purpose. If they had redistributed the funds to save baby seals, I would still be upset. It doesn't mean I don't think saving baby seals is bad, it's just not where I intended for the money to go.

Because you choose to be ignorant why do try to sell it. Planned Parenthood does offer breast exams and probably more important education about all aspects of woman's health. Abortions do not cause cancer -- by UNBIASED studies - look it up. PP is fulfilling an important need for woman without health care insurance.

Why do you hate women - why would you stand in the way of someone getting healthcare advice. What are you possibly gaining by trashing something that actually is working. I don't care how you feel about abortion I and actually more people feel just as strongly opposite of you. If you or yours don't chose to have an abortion (you would be surprised how many of the pro lifers find their cases to be "special" cases Santorum for instance) then don't have an abortion. Otherwise you have absolutely no right to impose your "morality" on a woman and her doctor.

edit on 28-8-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Perhaps, but there are a few problems

Planned Parenthood has failed numerous audits, the do a poor job accounting for their funds. It is a poor organizaiton to donate to if you want your money spent wisely. It is a poorly run organizaiton.

Planned Parenthood has no general accounting practices to ensure that monies are segregated. In otherwords, money within the Planned Parenthood is fungible. People who donated to the Komen foundation thinking they were supporting breast cancer treatment have funded abortions. Is that the case? Perhaps not, but the accounting practices used by PP make it impossible to tell.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Why do you hate women - why would you stand in the way of someone getting healthcare advice. What are you possibly gaining by trashing something that actually is working. I don't care how you feel about abortion I and actually more people feel just as strongly opposite of you. If you or yours don't chose to have an abortion (you would be surprised how many of the pro lifers find their cases to be "special" cases Santorum for instance) then don't have an abortion. Otherwise you have absolutely no right to impose your "morality" on a woman and her doctor.
reply to post by spyder550

Because I disagree with abortion, it makes me a woman hater? Man, the level of ignorance some people display here knows no bounds! I'm married to the most amazing woman on earth, and have three beautiful daughters. I think there are situations where an abortion might be warranted i.e. rape, incest, or when the mothers life is in danger, but far too many women are using it as a method of birth control. I know that PP offers a lot more to women than just abortions, but the whole point of my post is that if I had wanted my donation to go to PP then I would have given it to them, not to breast cancer.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So you have issues with abortion as birth control -- easy for you to say but just exactly does that mean. If a woman is religiously on birth control and the birth control fails - she must have that baby - even if now is not the right time to have a baby - could be financial, emotional, just the wrong time, could be a bad relationship, could be a teenager. Personally I chose not to have children through perfectly selfish reasons, I'm 61 years old, male, happily married and 100 percent glad that is how I lived my life. You may not agree with me as I don't agree with you. But I don't live your life you don't live mine.

I have no problem whatsoever with monies from a group funding research and education, going to a program that does education and screening for people who may not otherwise have access to it. As far as the abortion as birth control issue.

Why do certain people totally miss the birth control and family planing and counseling aspects of PLANNED Parenthood. The more family planning the fewer abortions there is a certain symmetry to it.

Perhaps I should rephrase my hate women comment and ask why you hate less privileged women and feel that they should be condemned to a life of ignorance about their own lives and bodies. Why do you hate women that I know love and respect. Trust me they are just as precious to me as you family is to you -- and some of them have had abortions, for different reasons than your narrow minded window would allow.

I feel your argument is indefensible - I'm certain you disagree, but your arguments are base on false statements.

You know, most organizations like these foundations are run by "liberals" people just trying to do good.

BTW -- the source for your article. Might just not be the right place to go to for unvarnished facts -- (actually reading the comments to these is skeery - I really can't believe people actually think like that)

www.theblaze.com...

You might be interested to see how one foundation LiveStrong uses another foundations information - Planned Parenthood Funny how this stuff gets disseminated -- to me symbiosis -- to others a heathen plot.

www.livestrong.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

...yep... lots of folks have had to learn that lesson the hard way...

...some time ago, a well-known christian charity organization was flooding tv stations with their commericals (starving children) to encourage donations... after many years of raking in the dough, it was discovered that only a few cents out of each dollar donated was actually going to those impoverished communities and the rest was going into the pockets of the organizers (excused as over-head)... that caused a big hairy stink and, as a result, that org now posts its income and dispersements online... whether thats a good thing or not depends on if you believe their financial statements are accurate or cooked...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So you have issues with abortion as birth control -- easy for you to say but just exactly does that mean.
reply to post by spyder550

You have taken a thread meant to illustrate a point about misappropriation of donated funds, and turned it into your private little issue about abortion. If you think killing unborn babies is OK, then you right, you and I will never agree. But this thread was never about that, so get off your soapbox, and start your own thread about abortion.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I don't see the issue you are worried about. You donated money for research and education -- one or the largest disseminators of information about women's health issues is Planned Parenthood. Part of women's health issues are also birth control, abortion, stds and reproductive cancers. Where would you spend the money?? Someplace - less effective. Your issue is not an issue -- you have been told it is an issue and to be outraged by it. Rational people are pretty cool with this. Today I will send 50.oo to each of these groups. Thanks for reminding me of my moral obligations.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The only woman I ever loved died from breast cancer. It is one of the few charities I give to without reservation. I've sponsored many women in the fundraising walks they do, and I always proudly display those little pink ribbons they hand out.

Now I have to research this. I would never give to PP for the sole reason that they support abortion. I'll wager that the local chapters were unaware of this.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas I would never give to PP for the sole reason that they support abortion.

So you don't think a woman has the right to choose to have an abortion? Despite every known safeguard against an unwanted pregnancy, it can still happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is completely sickening!!! But not that surprising.

Please, please think twice before donating to any of "the c-word" causes... they are not looking for a cure, just soaking up the funds from all angles.

"The c-word" has been cured by at least 3 different doctors on two different continents but these cures have been suppressed.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Okay folks she made a mistake, and didn't read a website lets all stop tying her to a stake and lighting a fire.

For all those interested, here's a link to the NBCF so you can research before you donate. They also have a Charity Navigator which breaks down their spending. And im sure many people can find programs within their own community such as banks like Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (canada obviously) who take part in "run for the cure" and normally have things like water bottles t shirts etc. for sale from the foundation.

There's lots we can do and many ways to help out, just be smart about it. Flag for this thread just for bringing up awareness, ive seen too many suffer from this cheers

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
"I found this article which talks about donations given for Breast Cancer research have been redistributed to Planned Parenthood. I don't know about you, but this makes my blood boil! Here's the link: www.theblaze.com... I know there are many of you who are proponents of Planned Parenthood. I however, am not. To find out that my donations meant to fight breast cancer, have been passed along to an organization that uses part of its donations to sponsor abortions is appalling to me. "

Blood "boiling" because your donations helped people acquire a medical procedure of their choosing...Shutter at the thought!.. lol

It might not be your choice, "right" for your life / belief system.. granted.. but strangers personal preferences are none of your business.

You donated $$ to help people.. and ended up doing so.. congrats!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Originally posted by mishigas I would never give to PP for the sole reason that they support abortion.

So you don't think a woman has the right to choose to have an abortion? Despite every known safeguard against an unwanted pregnancy, it can still happen.

Please. I never said a woman doesn't have the right to choose. I simply said I would never donate to an org that supported it.:shk:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join