It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money meant for Breast Cancer has been going to Planned Parenthood!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I found this article which talks about donations given for Breast Cancer research have been redistributed to Planned Parenthood. I don't know about you, but this makes my blood boil!

Here's the link: www.theblaze.com...

I know there are many of you who are proponents of Planned Parenthood. I however, am not. To find out that my donations meant to fight breast cancer, have been passed along to an organization that uses part of its donations to sponsor abortions is appalling to me. Just imagine for a moment that you had donated some of your hard earned money to a cause which you wholeheartedly agree with, and then found out some of the funds were redistributed to a cause which you wholeheartedly disagree with!

the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast cancer foundation gave more than half a million dollars to Planned Parenthood in 2010, according to federal tax records.

What makes this even more infuriating is abortions have been linked to breast cancer!

Add to that the fact that Planned Parenthood’s two big money-makers, abortion and contraceptives, are directly linked to breast cancer by numerous studies conducted from the 1960s through the present.”

Whether you're an advocate of Planned Parenthood or not, I hope you can see how this can be upsetting to someone. To take donations for one purpose and then take part of that money and pass it along to a cause diametrically opposed to it is insane. Man I am pissed!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Where are you getting that info? What does abortion have to do with breast cancer? Nothing...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Why don't try reading the article before you pop off?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

A Jan. 2010 study from the Seattle Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center called abortion a “known risk factor” for breast cancer, reporting a 20 to 50 percent increased chance for cancer among women who had had an abortion compared to women who carried their pregnancies to term.

The National Cancer Institute of the National Institute of Health does not currently recognize any such link.

Huh?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Well, there's the Abortion-breast_cancer_hypothesis, that may link them.

The point of the threat is: the donations are not going to the source that they are meant to. That seems just another way or scamming if not just upsetting some people. Esp. ones that want to only donate to a cause but not another. Planned Parenthood has it's own controversies that people don't want to be associated with. The point is, why lie...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Nevertheless, the $569,159 tag is lower than the donations from 2009, which totaled $731,303. Last year, a Komen spokesman said in an interview the money is closely monitored to ensure it goes to fund only breast screenings, not abortions.

Huh? Looks to me like they are using that money to help detect/prevent breast cancer...
edit on 27-8-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Read the whole article, not just the parts you like!

it doesn’t make sense for Komen to donate money to Planned Parenthood when the organization does not provide any kind of advanced breast care, including mammograms.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MitchL61
I found this article which talks about donations given for Breast Cancer research have been redistributed to Planned Parenthood. I don't know about you, but this makes my blood boil!

Here's the link: www.theblaze.com...

I know there are many of you who are proponents of Planned Parenthood. I however, am not. To find out that my donations meant to fight breast cancer, have been passed along to an organization that uses part of its donations to sponsor abortions is appalling to me. Just imagine for a moment that you had donated some of your hard earned money to a cause which you wholeheartedly agree with, and then found out some of the funds were redistributed to a cause which you wholeheartedly disagree with!

the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast cancer foundation gave more than half a million dollars to Planned Parenthood in 2010, according to federal tax records.

What makes this even more infuriating is abortions have been linked to breast cancer!

Add to that the fact that Planned Parenthood’s two big money-makers, abortion and contraceptives, are directly linked to breast cancer by numerous studies conducted from the 1960s through the present.”

Whether you're an advocate of Planned Parenthood or not, I hope you can see how this can be upsetting to someone. To take donations for one purpose and then take part of that money and pass it along to a cause diametrically opposed to it is insane. Man I am pissed!

Hey hey! Who went to PP for a lump check and caught a stage 0 mass before it turned into something worse? ME! I didn't have insurance when I noticed a lump in my breast. They offer MANY services other than abortions. I was able to catch it and get it removed because I (gasp) went to planned parenthood. Paid $70 for the entire procedure.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Where are you getting that info? What does abortion have to do with breast cancer? Nothing...

i agree, although if you educate parents to have less children i suppose it would cut down the amount of cancer cases. thats the only way i can think of linking the two, although i doubt that is the reason.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Rita Diller, director of the American Life League’s Stop Planned Parenthood initiative, told Life News that aside from the abortion issue, it doesn’t make sense for Komen to donate money to Planned Parenthood when the organization does not provide any kind of advanced breast care, including mammograms.

This is someone's opinion... Someone from a "Stop Planned Parenthood" initiative, no less... Making that a very biased statement.
edit on 27-8-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
No one has visited planned parenthood site to see what they offer? Oh shame....here ya go:

www.plannedparenthood.org...

As you can see they aren't all about babies strictly and do alot in women's health.
edit on 27-8-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

An ex-girlfriend of mine had the exact same thing done a few years ago. People fail to grasp the concept that PP actually helps people. Nice avatar by the way... kind of drifted off staring at it for a couple minutes lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'd be pissed off too if you give my donation to someone else, not the intended.

But I won't give one thin dime to cancer cure research. We have been able to CURE most cancer for many years now. They do it all the time in lab experiments with various methods going back decades. The information is published and then swept under the rug. It never gets used because always asking for money for a cure for cancer is a scam just the same as misappropriating that money to another cause - it's a way to line pockets for the greedy.

There Is and has been a cure for cancer for years. It's out there. People with the money, time and resources have found and used these methods. Many good doctors are even using many of these methods and each time they get a good following of people they get shut down for being Quacks or discredited some other way.

With our high level of technology and understanding of the human body at the cellular and molecular level you really think we haven't found what causes cancers and the various ways to stop the process, as this has been studied for years? Don't believe the lies. We have the cure for cancer.
edit on 27-8-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yeah and abortions are at LEAST 90% of what Planned Parenthood does - www.politifact.com...

...oh wait, that was just a complete lie someone told one time and was "not intended to be a factual statement."

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Whenever I get a solicitation call for a donation for AIDS or cancer, I tell them the same thing.... Save your time and money and go look online for CURES that are all over the interwebs.

Why prevent cancer for $2 when you can treat it for years for $1000s per patient?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yeah, I hate it when I give someone money and then they spend it on something I really didn't want them to spend it on. But then I realize that I gave them the money and it's theirs. If I *really* don't like it... I don't give them any more money, but I don't bellyache about it.
edit on 8/27/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Yeah and abortions are at LEAST 90% of what Planned Parenthood does - www.politifact.com...

...oh wait, that was just a complete lie someone told one time and was "not intended to be a factual statement."

Did you even read the entire article you linked?

By this tally, abortions accounted for just under 3 percent of the procedures Planned Parenthood provided in 2009, which is the most recent year for which the group is reporting statistics. And that would make Kyl’s statement way off.

Sigh...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

Planned Parenthood provides nearly one million Pap tests and more than 830,000 breast exams each year, critical services in detecting cancer. Three percent of all Planned Parenthood health services are abortion services. Planned Parenthood affiliates provide educational programs to nearly 1.2 million young people and adults each year Planned Parenthood health centers focus on prevention: 83 percent of our clients receive services to prevent unintended pregnancy. One in five women in the U.S. has visited a Planned Parenthood health center at least once in her life.. www.plannedparenthood.org...

please read my mark twain quote.

edit on 27-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrawleR

Originally posted by Hawking

Did you even read the entire article you linked?

By this tally, abortions accounted for just under 3 percent of the procedures Planned Parenthood provided in 2009, which is the most recent year for which the group is reporting statistics. And that would make Kyl’s statement way off.

Sigh...

Haha I know...I mention at the end of my post that the statistic was a lie by Jon Kyl

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Just a thought, your money may have gone towards providing low income women or teens from becoming pregnant by giving out free condoms, then they won't need abortion and higher risk of breast cancer.

Planned parenthood don't "sponsor" abortion, they provide services to help the woman decide what's right individually, no pressure. Links to nearby low cost or free clinics that will do breast exams, pap smears, save womens' lives!

You are entitled to your opinion of course but then stop giving money to them if you can't see how inter-related the breast cancer charity giving funds to prevent pregnancy in the first place or hook up breast cancer screenings is.

I've been to planned parenthood. Free std tests. Friendly. What they do for this country is great. I've never had an abortion but I don't like hearing men try to give us # about it, will never carry a baby and feel what it's like, mind your own damn business.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join