It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
They may say that we need to eat meat to survive and be healthy, but then you can answer that methods like this are not only needlessly bad for the animals, that reflects on the quality of the meat and the processes they must use to compensate for the mechanised killing methods, and those processes add another point of entry of disease in the food chain.
I would answer, "No, we don't need to eat meat to survive and be healthy"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rabbit281
You animal rights NUTJOBS are talking about taking down a huge part of our infrastructure in the food chain, and it isnt going to go well, not everyone is a fertilizer covered hippie with no job but their subsistence garden.

Not everyone is, sadly, but there are a few of us about, fortunately!

Again, I will say that my opinion is that the way we treat animals is a mirror to our attitude to humans.

However, I do have an excellent job that pays well and it hasn't changed my philosophy regarding:

edit on 30-8-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
everyone here does know that theres rules and regulations put into place to stop this kind of thing happening right? so either this video is realy old or from a country that has none of these regulations. to say that is it exactly what hapens in every hatchery is just propaganda

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
While I do think that there are better ways to prep the animal for processing - I wouldn't stop eating. I have seen videos like this and they scared me straight for a day or two but I always go back.

I am however totally against veal. To even look at the package makes me gag :/.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
I can't stop the world eating meat, I can reduce the damage by refusing to eat it myself though.

I absolutely agree with this. In my opinion, trying to force others to conform to our way of thinking is just a control issue. It's why some people feel compelled to defend their lack of sympathy towards their food, as some have here. And who can blame them? No one likes being attacked for their choices. If the vegetarians attack the meat-eaters, the meat-eaters retaliate by attacking the vegetarians, and guess what? Nothing changes and nobody wins.

There is a good chance that you have affected more people positively by your living example than you would have by protesting, forcing your beliefs onto others, etc. It's just like some smart dude said, "Be the change you want to see in the world".

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
For those who didn't get the memo...
McDonald's: Stop Using Pork from Abused Pigs

Many of these pigs develop pressure sores and infections from crate-related injuries and from simply lying in the same position without any room to move. Out of sheer boredom, they engage in repetitive behaviors like bar biting and head swaying

Humans, unlike lions, are able to make the choice to stop eating meat. For those who say they can't stop or won't stop eating meat, we vegetarians make these posts.

For those who say pigs are stupid, therefore we must eat them...
The Intelligent Pig

They excel at video games that would be hard for a young child

Despite the level of intelligence, despite the level of emotion, there are still nerves. If there is awareness, there is pain.
edit on 31-8-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
For those who didn't get the memo...
McDonald's: Stop Using Pork from Abused Pigs

Many of these pigs develop pressure sores and infections from crate-related injuries and from simply lying in the same position without any room to move. Out of sheer boredom, they engage in repetitive behaviors like bar biting and head swaying

Humans, unlike lions, are able to make the choice to stop eating meat. For those who say they can't stop or won't stop eating meat, we vegetarians make these posts.

For those who say pigs are stupid, therefore we must eat them...
The Intelligent Pig

They excel at video games that would be hard for a young child

Despite the level of intelligence, despite the level of emotion, there are still nerves. If there is awareness, there is pain.
edit on 31-8-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

An article written on suite101 isn't a proof. Where is the peer reviewed study? Where is the sources? They didn't cite any. Pretty weak evidence. Anyone can make up stuff and publish it online. Use more discernment than that man.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
youtube vids are not proof either

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
I would answer, "No, we don't need to eat meat to survive and be healthy"
That's why I said "may", and in that case you could join LightSpeedDriver fighting for what you believe.
edit on 31/8/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There's a simple solution to this, buy free range.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I honestly cried when I saw this video... It is horrible. What gives humans the right?

Luckily this can soon be avoided, since the option of in vitro meat now is on the way

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
An article written on suite101 isn't a proof.
Did you know that pigs were used (I think it was most at the beginning of the 20th century) in circus, doing tricks, like we see today with dogs?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

An article written on suite101 isn't a proof.
Did you know that pigs were used (I think it was most at the beginning of the 20th century) in circus, doing tricks, like we see today with dogs?

Well Chinese eats dogs as well as pigs. One man's pet is another man's dinner. Ha.

But seriously just because an animal can be trained doesn't mean anything. All sorts of animals can be conditioned to perform tricks. Whether it be mice, cats, dogs, horses, pigs, or whatever.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Well Chinese eats dogs as well as pigs. One man's pet is another man's dinner. Ha.

But seriously just because an animal can be trained doesn't mean anything. All sorts of animals can be conditioned to perform tricks. Whether it be mice, cats, dogs, horses, pigs, or whatever.

Who are you trying to convince, yourself? Obviously other animals besides humans can have feelings and emotions. It sounds like you are trying to avoid this fact because maybe it bothers you, or perhaps you embrace it?

Either way, like a previous posted said, vitro meat is on the way, which means you don't need to kill a living animal to have the exact same meat.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Who are you trying to convince, yourself? Obviously other animals besides humans can have feelings and emotions. It sounds like you are trying to avoid this fact because maybe it bothers you, or perhaps you embrace it?

Either way, like a previous posted said, vitro meat is on the way, which means you don't need to kill a living animal to have the exact same meat.

It doesn't bother me one bit, don't make wrong assumptions lol. I had ham a few days ago and pork chops today.

Lab meat isn't the same thing I've read the texture and taste isn't all that great at the moment. I have zero problems eating beef, chicken, pork, turkey, or whatever.

There is nothing wrong with eating animals. Humans have been doing it ever since we've came into existence. Look at old artwork from ancient civilizations. They are depicted hunting, etc.

Speaking of pigs I think I will pick up some pork rinds at the store next time I'm out.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I will not become a vegan in this lifetime. As Ted Nugent put it so well, "I am here to eat from God's plentiful pantry". I am lucky to live in the rural west, we raise our own meat, and yes, it is hard when it comes time for processing. But that's what these animals are on this earth for, have you ever seen a really old cow? NOT pretty. The problem is a giant conglomerate farming industry, they take the quickest route for the most money. On the other hand, who is going to feed all the people in the large cities that can't (or won't) raise thier own food. no easy answer....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I just found out that im am having a baby, then i see videos like this and the world we live in and wonder if bringing another human into this world is a good idea. unfortunately i dont think it is. i cant believe people work at these places let alone the people that design these machines, did they really go to school to learn how to make these torture devices, shame on them.
im no saint when it comes to food consumption. but i am lucky enough to be able to buy free range, but still i am trying to convert to vegetarian, its taking time because im not a fan of veg. but am slowly getting there, i now actually like broccoli and trust me thats a big step for me. I really am a meat lover, it used to be every meal and snack.
i say bring on the days where aliens harvest us humans i have no respect for any person who treats animals like this. may it be me they harvest of my future children, what goes around comes around. us humans dont deserve this planet in any way we are the lowest form of life on it. we deserve to be wiped out.
i truly believe this.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And a post to the last comment made before mine from aurorandn56
have you ever seen a really old person also not pretty, but we try to look after them. at least try.
and god plentiful planet, what are you five years old. grow up. jesus and god was invented, or are you talking about the greek gods before they came up with the new popular waste of time. or another god from another late religious belief. There have been alot of gods human kinds existence we have believed in over the many centuries, they contradict themselves, whos right whos wrong. they all are wrong, we are just animals that have gone too far

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by its me
us humans dont deserve this planet in any way we are the lowest form of life on it. we deserve to be wiped out.
i truly believe this.

What's with these types of posts? It's a bit extreme to say that.

I don't see how we are the lowest forms. I don't see animals building cities or technology. Animals aren't creating philosophy or have any concept of religion.

A bear or a lion wouldn't stop to think twice about eating a human alive. Stop trying to project human emotions and consciousness on animals for crying out loud.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join