It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I think the OP is actually Gonzo posting on this site since he has a love of chickens.

And let us not forget this old South Park episode www.southparkstudios.com... lol.
edit on 28-8-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
Animals are killed before eating yes but just think about the next time you take a bite out of that nice juicy apple because it's ALIVE!

The point of an Apple is to grow, drop and rot so that the seeds can be spread eaten by animals and dropped, it is what they need to happen to cause more trees and thus survive. If it lives its full span to ripeness you do not hurt anything by eating it especially if you save and spread the seeds.

Think you missed my sarcasm in that post.

Yes I did...sorry.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
Its time for Mankind to leave this planet, i mean serious..we all have to die..we are not worth it to live.

Really? You know I abhor this kind of thing for I love animals, but really? I do NOT need to die. Not all of us on this lovely planet are horrible, earth-killing bastards. Please, I kindly ask that you think twice before posting something like this again.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

To the OP, you wanna see REAL horror of horrors?

So screw the chickens!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by designer43
reply to post by OrionHunterX

That's why we have our own chickens. They get treats for breakfast, lunch and dinner and in return, we always have fresh eggs. They free range once in a while, but it's limited because usually we have a hawk in the area. They get closed in their coop nightly, but have a nice shady yard in daytime. We have happy chickens.

That's why we have our own chickens. They get treats for breakfast, lunch and dinner and in return...we eat their unborn babies.

Your eating their babies you vile human.

Hey if you want to play by the rules, open your fences let the cicken decide if it wants to stay, otherwise, you are imprisoning a chicken against its will and feeding it so you can eat its unhatched children.

Oh my god, this planet is vile.

Did i hear someone mention the "fowl" behaviour - its a "poultry" matter how the live and die, to me, "chuck" them in the oven. Meh, bored now.

Do you think that the minced up male chicks finds its way into our food chain too, I can see it now, its KFC Popcorn Chicken.
edit on 28-8-2011 by MisterBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns

Commercial eggs usually aren't fertilized. Fertilized eggs from small farms are refrigerated which stops the embryo from developing. There is never any nervous system to be aware or feel pain.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

LOL, wow. Do you honestly not see the difference?

In one case we have defenseless animals that are tortured to death en mass; in the other case we have a bunch of degenerates who breed like there's no tomorrow despite the fact that they're too damned stupid and worthless to feed their children, and apparently just expect Whitey to take up all the slack.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleak
reply to post by BrnBdry

LOL, wow. Do you honestly not see the difference?

In one case we have defenseless animals that are tortured to death en mass; in the other case we have a bunch of degenerates who breed like there's no tomorrow despite the fact that they're too damned stupid and worthless to feed their children, and apparently just expect Whitey to take up all the slack.

The ground up chickens I assume will be some sort of feed for pigs, or become part of hot dogs, or sausage that could help feed these helpless children, even if "whitey" foots the bill. If you had to chose, would you save the humans, or the chickens? And please, dont say chickens out of spite. I felt sad watching the video. Made me not want to eat meat again,... but little Tobey in the photo above NEEDS to eat, and if what happens in the OPs video is whats needed to happen for him to eat, then thats whats needed to happen.

Just go ahead and keep assuming the male chiks are just being murdered for no reason whats so ever. They are being ground up for a reason.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
If you had to chose, would you save the humans, or the chickens? And please, dont say chickens out of spite.

I don't need to say anything out of spite. I am indeed leaning toward the latter, tbch.

I felt sad watching the video. Made me not want to eat meat again,... but little Tobey in the photo above NEEDS to eat, and if what happens in the OPs video is whats needed to happen for him to eat, then thats whats needed to happen.

Why should I give a damn about "Tobey"?

Just go ahead and keep assuming the male chiks are just being murdered for no reason whats so ever. They are being ground up for a reason.

Okay. Now what would that be? Mere speculation is inadequate.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

I made a somewhat similar statement, but it's a kneejerk reaction of rage and frustration. I wish all the socios would vamoos and leave standing, only the empathics. But unfortunately, if some kind of ELE scenario came down, the socios would be in safe bunkers, like the cockroaches, those two, the human and the bug ones, would survive everything, as they did before, in Noah's flood. Worsely, the soulless guys would be the ones behind getting rid of all the rest of us, with a genetically engineered super bug, if they went that route, of ELE SHTF. It's like, the good guys can't win for losin. Who will come help save us? I believe in 'God' but only as a consciousness of light, on the 'Other Side' and I also believe in evil, and doesn't it seem like evil is stronger, and more physically manifesting, operating, controlling? As opposed to (paranormal/devine) good, which is like an Autistic-shy wall flower, blending in with the wall paper.
Maybe this reality of ours is like a holodeck, and someone will find a way to turn the control notch to the goodness-mercy-and-peace --default--, versus the predatory-greedy-rapist-carnivore-murder-destruction-disease-freak-accident one.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleak

Originally posted by BrnBdry
If you had to chose, would you save the humans, or the chickens? And please, dont say chickens out of spite.

I don't need to say anything out of spite. I am indeed leaning toward the latter, tbch.

I felt sad watching the video. Made me not want to eat meat again,... but little Tobey in the photo above NEEDS to eat, and if what happens in the OPs video is whats needed to happen for him to eat, then thats whats needed to happen.

Why should I give a damn about "Tobey"?

Okay. Now what would that be? Mere speculation is inadequate.

if you dont care about poor innocent Tobey, then why care about poor inncoent chicks? Kinda hypocritical if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

I NEED protien in my diet and I ENJOY getting it from the flesh of smaller animals. This is the natural order of things; big animals eating smaller ones. What isn't natural is the way our "food industry" has come to look at living beings as nothing more than "product". Regardless of how you look at those defenseless beings it doesn't change the fact that they are LIVING BEINGS, and deserve to be treated as such. Just because they are born to be eaten doesn't mean they are born without the basic instinct of fear and all the neuroligical components required to feel pain. It isn't right that these animals are subjected to a life not worth living no matter how you look at it. And I couldn't even finish watching the video with those poor pigs being de-tailed and castrated without any type of painkillers. Humane treatment of these animals isn't going to hurt any company's bottom line in any significant fashion; they will still see large profit margins even if they aren't as large as they could be. What we do to these animals is nothing short of barbaric. I mean, isn't being born on death row enough?

That being said, what the hell are we going to do about it? I for one have contemplated and am fully prepared to begin a hunger strike until things get better for these animals, so long as others will join me, for one man starving himself isn't going to hurt the industry. I'm not asking any of you to join me, I'm just putting the idea and the choice out there. We can change things, but only if we unite

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I've got to wonder as well about the people who have no problem with murder as long as it's done humanely. Isn't that a contradiction?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Bravo, if people put half the effort into videos about human cruelty as they do animal cruelty, just think what they could do. Human's have little regard for their unborn babies being ripped apart piece by piece while still inside the mothers womb !!!! and we expect people to care about an animal???
edit on 29-8-2011 by Blastwaves because: spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
Its time for Mankind to leave this planet, i mean serious..we all have to die..we are not worth it to live.

You start.

Anyhow, it seems like big industry to me. not sure what the point is. Ya, sucks to be bottom of the food chain I guess.

I guess if you fully oppose it, yet love chicken, you can simply raise your own and give them all sorts of love and attention before lopping their head off and eating them. End result is the same.

Not true bro. There is a humane way to raise animals even if they are going to eventually be slaughtered. They live a life or torture VERSUS a close to normal life before the end.
edit on 28-8-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

Anthropomorphic principles though, How do you know they feel tortured? its a chicken with a chicken brain..it might be about as conscious about pain and environment as a piece of toast.
So, it really comes down to not caring about how the chicken feels, but how we feel about the chicken...a valid argument actually. We are perhaps the only species on earth that actually considers its prey, and that in itself is a notch above a tiger or whatever else...but make no mistake, a chicken wouldn't give a rats arse about its victims (seed factory or whatnot)...poor example, but you get the jist.

I love furrys, but I do know my place on the planet...that is eat some, pet others, try to respect the circle and hope one day technology comes up with a way to stop the wholesale slaughter of other lifeforms...until then, a bucket of KFC is nummy now and then even if the chicken being eaten never got digital television and a day at the spa before being deep fried.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir
reply to post by toothpastert

Thanks to the Heavens that most farms isn't like that.
Some parts of that video is extreme examples, but none the less real.
Still...any bad treatment is bad treatment, I wonder what those animals would say If we could talk.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Mimir because: I'm not religious

I think you meant that if animals could talk what would THEY say. That said, they (the animals) wouldn't be talking, they would be screaming in pain.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: edit

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
KFC anyone?

I don't like it like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Anthropomorphic principles though, How do you know they feel tortured? its a chicken with a chicken brain..it might be about as conscious about pain and environment as a piece of toast.

Well then, there's our excuse. We can't really know if they are actually in pain and distress because we are not that species.

but make no mistake, a chicken wouldn't give a rats arse about its victims
Wait, I thought we couldn't know how a chicken feels.

I love furrys, but I do know my place on the planet

That's a good citizen.

eat some, pet others

I'm glad you can tell the menu from the floor show. Do you use an emotional road map for this or just go with the satus quo?

try to respect the circle

Yes, respect is nice.

hope one day technology comes up with a way to stop the wholesale slaughter of other lifeforms

Maybe we should stop demanding it.

until then, a bucket of KFC is nummy

Creature comforts make life worth living.

even if the chicken being eaten never got digital television and a day at the spa

Let's not anthropomorphize.

deep fried

Ah, that's our excuse.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Oh no, some one has figured out meat comes from animals.

I live in an area that has chicken farms. I worked there a few times while growing up. It is not possible to run a farm and not kill some animals. Have you ever seen a chicken butchered. I have seen my grand parents walk out to the chicken pen grab one, kill it, then feather and cook it. Grow up. How bout we send all the rescued chickens to your place and you can coddle and feed them, like they truly deserve.....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by MisterBurns

Commercial eggs usually aren't fertilized. Fertilized eggs from small farms are refrigerated which stops the embryo from developing. There is never any nervous system to be aware or feel pain.

Speaking as a former employee of a chicken farm I can tell you that the roosters, when detected, are pulled from the population and killed. (if they get past the sexers as a chick)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join