It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
I am a manufacturing engineer. I ran my own industrial engineering and repair business in the Chicago Illinois metro market for 25 years and have over 50 years in the industrial trades. Those are my credentials for what I am about to post below.

After watching the chic video I can say with certainty that it would not be hard to redesign the process to humane standards without sacrificing efficiency. The trouble is that there are too many people who don't care and not enough that do in positions of power over these things. And even those that do care can become hardened of heart by too much exposure to this kind of inhumanity.

With the way the world is going today (just read the daily headlines) I don't see things getting any better, only worse.

Im not an engineer and I dont think i would have a hard time engineering something less deadly and more efficient than that. I bet they lose a noticeable amount of money on the chickens that dont survive through the device.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
Does being another species really mean it is less wrong
From a nature point of view, it's less wrong to kill another species for the survival of our own.

'wrong' is surely subjective, so you are really saying that you personally don't think this as wrong killing humans - subjectification of this 'dumb' creature is being used to say inter species killing is worse than cross species killing. IMO no can make that judgement. I'd rather say this is wrong and indefensible under any comparison, than use comparison to homicide to say 'well, at least this ain't as wrong as that', so i can feel slightly better about.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Edit: there was a post somewhere on this thread that talked about vitamin B; the problem is vitamin B12, which only exists in animals or bacteria.

I eat all but 1 of these regularly.
Top 5 Natural Vegetarian Sources of Vitamin B12
edit on 28-8-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

A distraught mother listened on a mobile phone as her teenage daughter was eaten alive by a brown bear and its three cubs.

Olga Moskalyova, 19, gave an horrific hour-long running commentary on her own death in three separate calls as the wild animals mauled her.

She screamed: 'Mum, the bear is eating me! Mum, it’s such agony. Mum, help!'

Her mother Tatiana said that at first she thought she was joking.

'But then I heard the real horror and pain in Olga’s voice, and the sounds of a bear growling and chewing,' she added. 'I could have died then and there from shock.'

Unknown to Tatiana, the bear had already killed her husband Igor Tsyganenkov - Olga’s stepfather - by overpowering him, breaking his neck and smashing his skull.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Looks like those bears didn't care about humanely killing that woman and her step father. She was eaten ALIVE!

At least humans eat their meat when it's dead.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

I would think the most humane way to kill anything (what a contradiction) would be to very quickly and forcefully smash the entity between to hard flat surfaces.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
At least humans eat their meat when it's dead.

Well then, there's our excuse.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Some of the replies of this thread are some of the saddest I have read in my life.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Its food people get over it. If you don't eat meat fine. If you do that is fine too.

I'll admit thier is no reason to abuse the animals, but in most of these vids its the unskilled, non-educated, douche bags that do this stuff. I'm sure thier bosses aren't telling them beat the animals for thier pleasure.

Thats what corporations like KFC do..... make money.

I don't eat it anymore cause it just makes me sick period. I don't think it would be any different if the animals had a club med life or not.

KFC is just nasty period.

The next time I grill up a steak or some chicken I'm not gonna think to myself were these animals abused. I bet 99% of the people that eat meat don't think about it either.

Just another non issue that keeps people off track of the real issues that are destroying the foundation of this country.

Thier is only 2 things that I really care about when it comes to food.

1. Can I eat it.

2. Is it safe to eat it.

Don't get me wrong I love animals and would not tolerate abuse if I saw it. If you don't like how the corporate industry processes the food. Don't buy it, its that simple.

That is the only way any of these companies will change anyway. Although when it comes to food, if it doesn't make you sick and it tastes good the majority of people will never care.

People are hungry and thats what people do. Kill and consume, kill and cosume some more. What gets me most is people are surprised that these things happen.

You got any grandparents that are 80 plus years old. Why don't you ask them about the condition of food when they were kids.

To put it mildly we are much better off then they were.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Does being another species really mean it is less wrong
From a nature point of view, it's less wrong to kill another species for the survival of our own.

Who says?

'wrong' is surely subjective, so you are really saying that you personally don't think this as wrong killing humans - subjectification of this 'dumb' creature is being used to say inter species killing is worse than cross species killing. IMO no can make that judgement. I'd rather say this is wrong and indefensible under any comparison, than use comparison to homicide to say 'well, at least this ain't as wrong as that', so i can feel slightly better about.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Yes, sorry, i was babbling, but my reply above sums it up

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by billy197300

It takes a completely black-hearted ignoramus to look at that video and not feel anger or horror.

Seriosuly. Didn't feel a thing. Our world is evolving, overpopulation in some countries is at a critical level. We all need to eat. The faster we evolve, the faster we have to process everything around us and that also includes food. It's perfectly normal and understandable. It's called maximum efficiency.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
they are gonna be on a dinner table or in a photo of a dinner you cant have why does it matter if a few fall on the ground im more concerned about what they eat and drink i dont want my food eating tiit

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Off topic, but important:

the new thread THIS IS GREAT, sorry if you seen it..., about a youtube vid that recontextualizes the Lybian conflict and Gaddaffi (anti-msn message) has suddenly vanished.

It's getting an ATS 404 page!

Sorry for posting here, but, anyone - WTF :pus:

EDIT: Here's the vid:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-8-2011 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is an old video and has been posted before.

Regardless, I think it is sick. The people who work in these factories are the ones who never finished high school, a product of the government uneducational system. I bet they think they somehow contribute to society because they have a job so they can buy their beer and smokes.

It's interesting how children's books have pictures of fuzzy yellow chicks and elementary school kids raise chicks in incubators... awwww, how cuuuute, then they get this inhumane treatment.

Of course, this issue has been politicized just like every other damn thing when it should be an issue of morality. I love chicken, but it doesn't have to be done like this.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
WTF!
What a horrible way to go. Those poor little chicks don't stand a chance.
How can anyone work at a place like this and still be able to sleep at night?

I'm sure it's not so much "sleeping" as it is "passing out". I'd wager that the majority of these worker drones stop by the convenience store every day after work and procure a twelve box for dinner.

Stay in school, kids. This is what awaits you if you don't - tossing live chicks into a grinder for $7 an hour.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Off topic, but important:

the new thread THIS IS GREAT, sorry if you seen it..., about a youtube vid that recontextualizes the Lybian conflict and Gaddaffi (anti-msn message) has suddenly vanished.

It's getting an ATS 404 page!

Sorry for posting here, but, anyone - WTF :pus:

EDIT: Here's the vid:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-8-2011 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

Off-topic, yes, but I just posted on that thread. WTF is right.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow
There are a ton of people that cannot spell words properly on this planet, it amazes me

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Industrial farming methods are inhumane and need to stop.
It's this kind of disregard for any life that reinforces human aggression and makes war socially acceptable.
All life is sacred. Once we've learned that lesson perhaps we can finally evolve as a species.

Say a big thank you to Renee Descartes for that.

"According to Descartes, only humans combine res cogitans (the stuff of consciousness) with res extensa (material stuff). Animals, which he refers to as 'brutes', are nothing more than unconscious machines."iv Accordingly, Descartes' followers had no compunctions about nailing dogs up to boards and cutting them open to see how the parts worked, understanding their cries of pain as nothing more than the wheezing of bellows and the creaking of wheels. Fontenelle, one of Descartes' contemporaries, describes it like this: "They administered beatings to dogs with perfect indifference, and made fun of those who pitied the creatures as if they had felt pain. They said that the animals were clocks; that the cries they emitted when struck, were only the noise of a little spring which had been touched, but that the whole body was without feeling. They nailed poor animals up on boards by their four paws to vivisect them and see the circulation of the blood."
-- Max Velmans

By this logic, the other objects of the universe, including living ones, do not really matter. They lack something that the self possesses. Morality applies to them no more than it applies to a blender, a clock. Suppose I take a soft plastic toy cat and replace its squeaker with a device that when squeezed made a sound just like a cat in mortal agony. When I stamp on it with my boot, I am not really causing suffering, only the appearance of suffering. I haven't done anything immoral (a little twisted, maybe, but not evil). If animals and indeed the entire universe are similarly insensate, bearing only the illusion of feeling, then the same moral license applies to the whole universe. Such is the implacable conclusion of the Galilean banishment of the subjective from the realm of scientific reality.
-- Charles Eisenstein; Max Velmans' quote taken from same source.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

This is terrible, but it won't stop me from getting a 3 piece meal from KFC later.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I eat organic eggs from free range chickens. I eat tuna from the sea.

I don't eat anything else in that category.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Who says?
Me, according to my interpretation of how things work in Nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join