It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

african advancements

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I hate to resort to name-calling but you are ignorant.

You are sucking-up to Illmatic. Maybe you should join his fan club.

Europe made guns themselves and they had every right to conquer the world and conquer Africa.

??? When don't you resort to name-calling.

How is there a right to conquer the world? Admittedly, it would even things out, but how is there ever a right? You constantly preach offline that the US shouldn't conquer the world. You cross yourself, sir. And having superior weapons does not give you the right to conquer.

You know me, JM. Am I one to suck up to anyone? And how is agreeing with someone "sucking up?" I agree with you on many thing, but do i "suck up" to you? No.
Signing off,
HLW

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Whoa whoa whoa. When the # did I say the USA should not conquer the world. I want the USA to run the whole planet! And we should.

Europe hade every right to do that. If they never did we would'nt have much of what we have today.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"hard for me to believe that someone as intelligent as you would deny that Africa had empires."

Thanks for the compliment... I admit I was a little harsh here, but to me, an Empire is more than just holding a lot of territory with your warriors...and the original question had to do with advancements. Holding a large territory with your spears and bows is not contributing to world advancement, and that's what I meant.... I know of almost NO advancements given the world by African civilizations (excluding Egypt, as I mentioned before). Now, this may be due to their ommission in my history texts...I'm not sure, but since school, I've strived to educate myself with more worldly sources, and I still have not come across things that count in the category of advancements.... I'd be happy to be enlightened here, but don't add in advancements given by cultures that aren't truly African....

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The truth to all of this screw Africa, screw Europe, screw just about everywhere. Ancient Greece did more for the entire world as far as philosophy, education, government, entertainment, and war just to name a few. In fact, it wasn't until the 1800's that any country came anywhere close to what the ancient Greeks had going for them.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Here's a few facts about Africa that the western world just "forgot" to mention in the history books that they conveniently just happened to write.

Propably the greatest or rather the most infamous war ever fought in the history of this planet was the second world war and had the Allied forces lost that war then most certainly we would all be speaking German and living in a VERY different world.

The D-day invasion, in many historians opinion, was the deciding factor of WWII.

What the history books forgot to mention is that the architect of the D-day invasion was a man called General Jan Smuts who was called in by Winstone Churchill to devise a battle plan for the allied forces.

Interesting part is that Jan Smuts was a third generation South African serving in the South African Defence Force at the time of world war two.

The reason a South African was asked to devise the battle plan was purely out of Winstone Churchill's respect for South African soldiers strategy and fighting abilities.

This respect was gained after Winstone Churchill was captured by the South Africans and held as a prisoner of war during the Anglo Boer war and is incidently the only time that a high ranking British official has ever been captured by a foreign enemy.

What I'm getting at here is, was it not for an African, the entire world today would not be enjoying the freedom and liberties it has today.

Now write that in the history books!! or would that be a little bit embarresing to the western world that an African had to bail them out?

Also conveniently left out was the thousands of African soldiers who died during WWII fighting on the side of the Allied forces yet.... No recognition has ever been given to them in western history books.

Sure many countries played a part in that war but the only ones who never reaped the glory and liberty were the Africans.

I can already anticipate the responses and most certainly one of them will be: But Jan Smuts was a white man and as such he was a European.

True he was a white man but he was first an African.

PS: Yes I too am an African. I may be white or european or pigmentally challenged... what ever! but I am first and foremost an African and proud of it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join