It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
California is active this morning. A 4.7 in Northern California, small ones in Southern and a couple of small ones in The San Fran area..... The latest is in San Fran.

Magnitude
Date-Time
Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 12:36:44 UTC
Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 05:36:44 AM at epicenter
Depth
9.7 km (6.0 miles)
Region
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances
2 km (1 miles) E (87°) from Berkeley, CA
4 km (3 miles) ESE (118°) from Albany, CA
4 km (3 miles) SSE (147°) from Kensington, CA
9 km (6 miles) NNW (347°) from Oakland, CA
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)
Parameters
Nph= 83, Dmin=1 km, Rmss=0.17 sec, Gp= 29°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=5
Source
California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR
Event ID
nc71671256
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It is very active today, had me thinking
of this thread as I see you did also.
Hope nothing is brewing as predicted.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by MamaJ

It is very active today, had me thinking
of this thread as I see you did also.
Hope nothing is brewing as predicted.

I really hope not either. I wish we had an idea in regards to a date or dates to be watching for from Middlebrook. I find it odd he does not come on here more often being that he is the reason this thread was created.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I went back thru the thread
and tried to find the date.
Didn't find it but if I remember
correctly the date line is close,
I do remember it is the end
of October. Concerned since
we are having the quakes
in California today.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Oh there WAS a date given by him???? Hmmmmm....ok well now I am on the hunt for this date. Will look to and see if I can find it. BRB.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe his first post was removed...it is not there anymore and just says in violation of T&C.

I didn't see any dates...he just said watch So. Cali and it is imminent. He was I think originally thinking a big eq may happen within a few weeks but then says to watch for a swarm with So. Cali and then know within 72 to 96 hours a bigger one looms, so to speak.

Rest assured the information being shared is NOT connected to solar flares in any way. I am departing with additional information to steer the conversation back into the right direction. Please understand and respect I'm way outside of my boundaries here... There have been new studies that relate directly to "creep" and GESS. The findings are linked to recent major events (over long distances) and current conditions. The study discovered what may be termed as a possible "holy grail" of cause. By teaming what is called "prolonged triggered creep episodes and their effect on major slips" and recent GESS results, the research is phenomenally convincing; a major event is at the doorsteps of southern california, again, "imminent". I stress, timing is everything, and thus why there is no current public data. New information if pouring in daily, however we're moving in the wrong direction. To address a question posed early about loss of life and valuation of damage, the thought of how large and how swift this even may be has caused some analysts to leap for worst case scenarios. More later. Stay alert, be prepared

And then here are some links from another poster related to what he says above.

Interesting... GESS - Global Earthquake Satellite System And here's a recent article (published 4 months ago) on the phenomenon of "triggered creep": Triggered creep as a possible mechanism for delayed dynamic triggering of tremor and earthquakes Westcoast, in light of your theory, I think we have ourselves quite a scenario.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Star for you MJ! I was just reading up on that recently....but I wonder what he is saying about GEE? I mean what makes that different than any other program?
edit on 10/27/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by MamaJ

Star for you MJ! I was just reading up on that recently....but I wonder what he is saying about GEE? I mean what makes that different than any other program?

Here are a couple of links I scan read.

solidearth.jpl.nasa.gov...

science.nationalgeographic.com...

I really hope Northern California's Earthquake today has not put stress on the Southern California line because I see now why he said millions could die. They have built a lot on said fault and it runs really really far. I am not sure if I read some of the stuff right but I thought it said this fault line runs across the globe....like to Japan???

Now....I could be totally wrong....but would like for you to tell me if I am or not. If and when you have time...check it out.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the info and hard work!
There is a lot to go thru but I am
sure a date was mentioned in
there someplace, it wasn't with his/her
first few postings. If I have time tonight
I will do some more searching.

I too hope the quakes in N California
today didn't stress out things in
S. California.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think TM was referring to GESS (Global Earthquake Satellite System), rather than GEE.
That's how I read it, anyway.

Re the "when" of a possible major event... I referred back to TM's profile page that shows all posts and in the second most recent one s/he expressed thanks to all those who had given him/her "30 to 45 days".

I would think this implies that by 45 days from Sept 22 at the outside, we should know if TM was genuine or not, based on what happens re a larger quake in SoCal. So ballpark figure, that means by around the end of the first week of November at the latest. (Even then I'd give it a few days, our planet not being amenable to always doing what what be expected.)

Hard to say if there has been a significant uptick in activity in the region. True, the SCEDC map is showing about 750 quakes right now, but I've seen more than that on occasions in the past. Have to admit, though, it's not often we see a bunch of quakes like now around SF -- but then I'm not sure if SF is classified as southern... On the other hand, the fault runs a good way south from there.

One point that is undeniable is that the southern section of the SAF is capable of a pretty big event -- up to around a mag 8.1 is the last expert estimate I read. The researchers were rather surprised, and also were concerned that the southern half has not really moved all that much for a couple of centuries or so.

Anyway, enough from me. Back to my reading...

Mike

edit on 27/10/11 by JustMike because: Added a little to clarify, took a little out for the same reason.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi MamaJ,

I knew I'd missed something!

I've not read anything anywhere that indicates the fault runs acorss the globe to Japan or whereever. The SAF does basically run out into the offshore region and meets up with the triple junction between the Pacific, Nth American and Juan de Fuca plates, just south of Eureka. This USGS Map of the region illustrates it quite well.

So, that fault possibly has a link to the Cascadia Subduction Zone. Not the most comforting thought, I know, but's that's how the maps show it.

Mike

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Wow....that's kind of scary. I will read it after dinner when I can sit down and REALLY read it LOL....my phone has been ringing off the hook all day and unexpected company popping in all day ....just one of those days. I know it seems I'm on here all the time but I just keep it on here and when I pass through the room I check it and respond
Thanks for the info! I'll get back to you on it as soon as I read it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

45 days from Sept 22 at the outside,
reply to post by JustMike

What is wrong with me, getting old I guess -
never thought to look under his/her postings.
I was going thru the thread.

So you do find the SF quakes a little
concerning?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks Mike.....I guess we shall see if he/she is correct. Personally, I won't hold my breath waiting for TM to return....I have serious doubts about him/her.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Am I concerned by those quakes? No, not especially, but that's because the past history of the region shows they get lots of quakes all the time.

What might be handy is to find out what sort of foreshocks there were before the big SF quake of 1906. Were they enough to arouse concern in either the general populace or the scientists? But even knowing that, SoCal's section of the SAF** system doesn't have to behave in exactly the same way as up around SanFran.

Simply put, the southern section hasn't had a big one since European-type people have been living there. Not a really big one. So while we might expect some foreshocks of a fair size, we don't know if there will be anything to really make people sit up and take notice. It could just rumble a bit (like usual) then let go. Hard to say.

@StealthyKat: I'm really not sure what to make of TM. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Mike

**Sorry, for any readers in the future, SAF is just shorthand for the San Andreas Fault.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi MamaJ,

I knew I'd missed something!

I've not read anything anywhere that indicates the fault runs acorss the globe to Japan or whereever. The SAF does basically run out into the offshore region and meets up with the triple junction between the Pacific, Nth American and Juan de Fuca plates, just south of Eureka. This USGS Map of the region illustrates it quite well.

So, that fault possibly has a link to the Cascadia Subduction Zone. Not the most comforting thought, I know, but's that's how the maps show it.

Mike

Mike thank you so much for clearing that up for me....I was really starting to wonder how it could go that far but now I understand that it does meet up and no..not really comforting.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Ha! It just gets crazier. Read all of what I quoted at least. Speaks of the California big one, the "hum" and the two suns.
I aint even kidding. Seriously....saw ya over there on the other thread where he made a video of two suns.

Check this out. Although it goes along with many other prophecies and predictions.....who the hell knows what is up, ya know. Something to be aware of never the less.

Water temperatures off the west coast will rise.
A hum phenomena will begin to make vast numbers of people sick with flu-like symptoms in America. The hum phenomena, according to Scallion, will be caused by tectonic plates rubbing against one another. This rubbing will generate a sound just below the threshold of human hearing and will cause nausea, chest pains, possibly even heart-failure in some people. It will affect the inner ear, thyroid, pituitary, lungs and heart. Animals will also become increasingly erratic as this phenomena becomes stronger and more wide spread.
If volcanic activity occurs simultaneously on Mount Vesuvius and Mount Etna in Italy, or Mount Pelee on Martinique, then the West Coast break up will occur within days.
Large solar flares will help trigger the super-mega California earthquake.
And finally, an increased activity in the Pacific Ring of Fire is a sign the major upheavals are preparing to begin.
Other Scallion predictions include:
Seven plagues will manifest on the planet in the next seven years: 1. Metastic Melanoma Cancer; 2. A new virulent TB; 3. A different strain of the AIDS virus, which can be transmitted through the air, or even electromagnetically; 4. The failure of the optic system; 5. The failure of the thymus; 6. The failure of the pancreas; 7. A disorder of the Astral and Etheric bodies, wherein they meld, making the victim susceptible to interference from the "borderland" beyond death (which would create psychic disturbances).
Weather will become erratic all over the world. Dry places will become wet and wet places will become dry. There will be extended droughts, wide-spread flooding, unusually powerful storms and summer and spring will merge into one season in America.
Water will become as valuable as gold in the next five years (in part because of salt water contamination and changing water tables).
There will be a year of darkness, the result of several volcanoes erupting in the Pacific area.
There will be intense electromagnetic disturbances, causing wide-spread disruption and failure of machines and electronic equipment.

According to Scallion, the greatest source of damage and loss of life will be due to the inundations unleashed by earthquakes, volcanoes, or other upheavals, rather than the specific events themselves.
Five areas will be established in the United States as children's relocation centers. The purpose of these centers will be to protect children through the times of change. Hundreds of thousands of children will be sent to these centers by their parents. These centers will be located in Colorado, Massachusetts, Idaho, Florida and Arizona. 75% of those who survive the changes by the turn of the century will be children under the age of 15.
Rural communities, located at least a hundred miles from the new land boundaries Scallion has seen, are the best places to live. Cities like Phoenix, which are presently located on this new coast, may not be safe places to be during the coming changes as Scallion is expecting water to flood perhaps as far as a hundred miles inland before receding to its new, permanent coastline. He also foresees wide-spread food shortages and rioting, especially in areas where there are large concentrations of people.
Scallion advises no-one to move or relocate out of fear. Rather, he encourages people to seek guidance from Spirit and then stay, or go wherever they are directed.
As the result of the catastrophic physical changes in America, both the American government and American economy will collapse.
The United States of America will eventually restructure itself as thirteen colonies.
By the turn of the century a new sun will appear in the skies. During the day it will appear as a small white light, similar to the way the moon looks when it is visible during daylight hours. In the evening, this new star, which will be blue in color, will appear as a bright light in the Milky Way. It will be approximately 10 times brighter than the brightest star or planet presently visible.

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

No, it's not a great comfort.

After a fashion, that fault does go all the way to Japan, but it's via CA, OR, WA, BC (Canada) then on up along to Alaska, right along that island chain (highly active seismically) and down towards Japan past the Kamchatka region. However, it's not really one fault as such, but various sections along the edges of the plates.

Getting back to what I said about the SF quake of 1906 and possible foreshocks to see if they offer us any guide. Most articles don't say much about this aspect but on About [dot] com I found the answer and it doesn't make comforting reading, as this extract shows:

Overview of the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake:
At 5:12 a.m. on April 18, 1906, a foreshock hit San Francisco. However, it offered just a quick warning, for massive devastation was soon to follow. Approximately 20 to 25 seconds after the foreshock, the large quake hit. With the epicenter near San Francisco, the entire city was rocked. Chimneys fell, walls caved in, and gas lines broke. Asphalt that covered the streets buckled and piled up. Many people didn't have time to even get out of bed before they were killed by falling debris.

So, a foreshock large enough to be felt -- but not even half a minute before the main shock arrived. If there were other foreshocks in preceding days they apparently were not very noteworthy.

So, just one -- and two dozen heartbeats later, the big one.

That's very scary.

If someone can research the Loma Prieta event of 1989 that would give us more info. There must be reams of reports around. What foreshocks were there? How long before? How large? How close to the main shock's epicenter?

I have to go now (dinner -- it's 10 pm) but I'll check back later.

Mike

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Damn.....that doesn't sound good. What makes it even creepier for me is that I have heard the "hum" and I was just diagnosed with thyroid trouble
Let's hope not even part of that comes true. I got goosebumps reading it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by MamaJ

Damn.....that doesn't sound good. What makes it even creepier for me is that I have heard the "hum" and I was just diagnosed with thyroid trouble
Let's hope not even part of that comes true. I got goosebumps reading it.

Schumann Resonance states such as well. Everything it seems may be totally related to the magnetic field....us, animals, and the Planet. This could very well be true (as I type)....or just a coincidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join