It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

So Mike....if it can affect the earth, do you think it can affect the atmosphere or the plates to create this sound everyone is talking about? I'm really starting to think there is a connection between earthquakes + geomagnetic energy+ the sound. Thoughts?
edit on 10/27/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes, magnetism, magnetite, the earth's magnetic field, geomagnetic anomalies, piezo electric effects pre-quake...

So much revolves around magnetism. And as you say, we have magnetite in our bodies. Some birds have too and use it as part of their aid to navigation, as do some fish and even bats...

In fact I wrote a post about magnetite last year in a reply in a thread about bird migration. Just a second...

Yeah, here it is.

Some birds can literally see magnetic fields! (I give references in the above post.) Imagine that! And imagine if the magnetic field is disturbed by seismic disturbance: the birds could get lost or even wind up crashing into eachother.

Unusual behavior in larger groups of animals in the wild is always worth taking note of, especially when there's no obvious cause like a case of epidemic disease.

But as you say -- magnetite and crystals. You know, even as a kid I was fascinated by crystals. I used to collect them, long before crystals became "fashionable", shall we say. And magnetite is found in animals in micro-crystalline form. Makes me wonder, especially when we think about resonance.

Anyway I'm getting off track. Sorry.

Also wanted to mention that a while back I read some interesting reports online about magnets losing their power shortly before large quakes. Some reports from Japan, as I recall, from the 19th century. This would tend to lend credence to the importance of measuring geomagnetic fluctuations.

Mike

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

You know, I don't know what to make of those sounds. Clearly they are real, some of them cannot be explained away and are genuine unknowns, and many report that the sound is like it's from the sky and the ground as well, indicating a resonance.

After all, sound that we hear is just energy, a mechanical wave (to be technical), and some of the most powerful sources of energy on this planet are contained within the ground. I recall that even with the quakes here in western Bohemia (Czech Republic), the locals were often quite disturbed by the rumbling sounds, and those sounds were confirmed by experts from our geo. institute. However, those sounds were known to be a result of ongoing, small-magnitude quakes from a quake swarm.

But these sounds that people hear are different. They seem to vary from place to place. The tones are different, durations are sometimes different; the common denominator in many cases seems to be that the sounds are all around and one single focal point is often hard to define.

You know how there are these neat little gadgets you can buy these days, that you can stick on almost any solid surface and use it as a speaker? I'm wondering if these sounds are produced somehow in the same way: electromagnetic energy is being converted by oscillation, by (if you will) a "conflict" of electrical/magnetic pulses in a given sub-strata, so that -- in much the same way that a speaker produces sound by vibration of a cone and those gadgets cause similar vibrations in solid surfaces -- the strata is made to vibrate and some of the energy is transmitted to the surface and released as sound.

In that scenario, different pitches would be possible, along with different lengths of time for sounds and even the actual loudness of them.

Also, it doesn't have to mean that an actual quake is occuring in that place. It could be that compression of some form of crystalline layer is happening, which causes a piezo-electric discharge, the creation of localized magnetic disturbance and "conflict" (eg two "north pole" sections of strata opposing each other) et voila -- sound.

This hypothetical phenomena could last for seconds, or minutes or even hours, depending on the amount of compression. Also, the loudness would depend on the energy being converted, and the sound's pitch (tone) could vary according to the frequency of discharge within the affected crystalline strata.

Seems to fit... But it's just an idea that came to me now. Could be nothing. Late here and tired so it might be hogwash.

Mike

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by kdog1982

Yes, QuakeFinder is a good site and most interesting. What I was talking about was what "they" might be doing beyond what is publicly known. ("They" being connected to "TPTB".) In other words, it could be that somewhere, very reliable and accurate methods and technologies already exist, but we don't know about them.

I'm sure it's not the first time that organizations or individuals have striven for years in research while their own govt people already had developed whatever they were researching.

Just my thoughts on the matter. After all, this is a conspiracy site...

Mike

Hey,Mike.
Sorry,I missed that post.
Somewhere buried in this thread I found that the current administration(government and Obama) cut back on some very useful tools in earthquake prediction.
But here is one I remember from Russia with restricted access on current predictions.

www.mitp.ru...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i read the OP post. but not everyone elses.

What were you saying about Arkansas? I live in the Northwest part of it......

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThetaNuRucka
i read the OP post. but not everyone elses.

What were you saying about Arkansas? I live in the Northwest part of it......

This one is about California,in essence.More about the theories behind earthquake prediction.
Try this thread out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

In that scenario, different pitches would be possible, along with different lengths of time for sounds and even the actual loudness of them. Also, it doesn't have to mean that an actual quake is occuring in that place. It could be that compression of some form of crystalline layer is happening, which causes a piezo-electric discharge, the creation of localized magnetic disturbance and "conflict" (eg two "north pole" sections of strata opposing each other) et voila -- sound. This hypothetical phenomena could last for seconds, or minutes or even hours, depending on the amount of compression. Also, the loudness would depend on the energy being converted, and the sound's pitch (tone) could vary according to the frequency of discharge within the affected crystalline strata.

I am about to read that thread and wow.....I am SO GLAD you created a thread in regards to magnetite because I feel as though it is a major cause with many things going on right now. Why now? Weak Magnetic field is all I can think of and the interstellar cloud could also play a role...not sure. But I am thinking deeply upon it none the less.

I was thinking maybe the echos from the sea floor spreading may have something to do with the hums and animal die offs now I am leaning toward this theory above....just seems to fit better.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Oh man.. Thank you for digging that up! I had lost (or misplaced) my linky to that site and it's good to have it again.

And as you say, they have stuff they don't want the public to see yet:

from 2005 to the present (access restricted)

Other predictions

The M8-MSc predictions for California and Nevada (access restricted)
The stabilised M8 (M8S) predictions for Italy (access restricted)

Source for above IIEPT RAS (МИТП РАН) (Link also in kdog's post above)

Stinks, doesn't it? I mean, they could have data that could save live but are we allowed to know about it? Nope.

Mike

edit on 27/10/11 by JustMike because: of cleanup.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

MamaJ, I didn't create the thread. It was by another member who was concerned about confused migratory birds. I just posted in it to suggest some reasons why the birds were getting lost/confused/crashing into each other etc.

But it's a fascinating subject and I think one of the most important aspects. Magnetism is such a strange thing anyway and not completely understood; all the same I think it's a vital part of our existence.

As to the "why now?" aspect, I'm wondering if it's in part to do with what we are doing to the planet. We are taking I'd guess many millions of barrels of oil from the ground every day, we have fracking going on, we have water tables being lowered, as well as huge dams holding back waters that for millennia went their natural course and allowed moisture to go where nature wanted it to go: we humans are messing with the ground so much more than it has ever been messed with before and there is no letting up.

Moisture levels in the ground are changing, huge areas underground are going through pressure changes because oil, gas and water are being taken out, while in other places they are fracking chemical mixes down into other layers to get still more gas out. Surely after a while the earth has to try and get back in balance. Over millions of years, our planet slowly balances its energies -- so much pressure below ground here, so much slippage to relieve stress there -- and in about a century or so and at an accelerating rate, we are undoing those millions of years of fine balance adjustments and the earth was never meant to have all this done to it.

I think the earth is trying to balance, because these imbalances cannot just remain, but it has to do it much faster than perhaps it has done in many, many millions of years, and so we are getting what are really "unnatural" events occuring. Strange noises, odd quakes, two mag 9 quakes in less than 7 years (instead of maybe once in 20 years) and so on...

MamaJ, I have come to a stop. I just sat there and stared at the screen for about two minutes.

You know what I mean? When you just begin to think a little too much?

I don't know how this huge energy imbalance can be undone. There is no way we can set things right within a short time. How do we put the pressure back in to all the places where we took out the oil and gas? How do we pump trillions of gallons of water back in to the huge sub-artesian basins we've taken all the water from?

Fact is, we can't, even if those who have the power to maybe try even had the will.

It's all about energy, this planet, and one of the main components of that energy below ground -- to keep things in balance -- is pressure. Pressure from liquids like water, oil and gas to balance the pressures of the fault lines and the strata, a balance that has taken millions of years to get to a fairly quiet and stable point. Pressure and of course, mass. Billions and billions of tons of mass that we've removed from the ground and moved elsewhere. A lot of it is gone as heat and energy of motion (by combusting oil and gas), and as for the water -- why yes, it eventually gets back below ground, but we're taking it out in many places faster than it's going in. Water tables going down? Proof that we are removing mass. Water is heavy and it helps to balance things underground...

Now, it's all been undone -- and we can't put it right again. The only hope is to slow things down but with corporate greed running the show, that simply will not happen any time soon.

What we are seeing -- and hearing with all these strange sounds -- is the earth beginning the process of balancing all that energy. Sure it sounds "unnatural", because in many places it's possible the earth has never had to do things quite this way before. Not in the past few million years, anyway.

How long will it take, and what unusual or "unnatural" things will we see next?

I expect there will be some. I can even imagine some, but I don't even want to say what I think they might be.

That's not being alarmist, just me at 1:30 am being a realist.

Mike

PS: And if anyone wonders if this is on topic -- well, it's about what is happening in our planet and to our planet, and especially in respect of quakes and things related to them. That's what TM was on about, after all. We need to look for signs.

Mike

edit on 27/10/11 by JustMike because: it's very late.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Man's actions are sowing and reaping something none of us in our right mind like. Common sense tells us not to drain our Planets resources, yet we do. Common sense tells me machinery splitting and smashing atoms deep underground is absolutely and positively playing Russian Roulette with humanity. It really makes me wonder if all that is going on is the effect of such a selfish way of life and as our Planet tries and balances itself ....so are we.... and so are other inhabitants of our home. As the marine life and other animals die in mass amounts we are left to wonder if we even have a chance, but there is always hope.

We are becoming more aware of what is going on around us. Many of us are awakening from a slumber to find out this society we live in is not one we appreciate nor is it one we can "fix" in a moment. Its troubling and I see the concern you have in the form of your words.

If they think we may have a big one in California and they do indeed narrow it down to a few days what makes us think we will have any warning. Their concern for humanity has already been shown to be less than their partner will pay them. They really do not care about the little guy, do they? When did money become more important than life?

Its sad and oh how I wish I could uproot all people out of their comfort zone, get them in all four corners of the Earth and take back our planet from tptb.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
7.0 in Peru. The southern end of the ring of fire.

Magnitude Mw 7.0
Region NEAR COAST OF CENTRAL PERU
Date time 2011-10-28 18:54:34.0 UTC
Location 14.52 S ; 76.12 W
Depth 27 km
Distances 65 km SW Ica (pop 246,844 ; local time 13:54:34.5 2011-10-28)
55 km SW Santiago (pop 10,449 ; local time 13:54:34.5 2011-10-28)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Red wine contains Resveratrol which aids in cellular rejuvenation and also combats radiation sickness. Given the jet stream I think the US is experiencing some Fukushima related radiation problems. The thyroid is usually affected by radiation sickness... So if you don't have potassium Iodide laying around, I would definately drink some Red wine on a regular basis. Resveratrol is also available in pill form at most health food stores and I think Wal Mart carries it as well now. I still worry about the Nuclear power plants in California being so close to the fault lines there... If we have a major earthquake there, how could they handle that?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainKostr
Red wine contains Resveratrol which aids in cellular rejuvenation and also combats radiation sickness. Given the jet stream I think the US is experiencing some Fukushima related radiation problems. The thyroid is usually affected by radiation sickness... So if you don't have potassium Iodide laying around, I would definately drink some Red wine on a regular basis. Resveratrol is also available in pill form at most health food stores and I think Wal Mart carries it as well now. I still worry about the Nuclear power plants in California being so close to the fault lines there... If we have a major earthquake there, how could they handle that?

That is good information to have....thank you!!!
We are definitely getting more radiation these days from known factors so this will aid in our health if we just pick up some red wine. I am all about some good wine, however it does make my head hurt. My dad makes really good stuff that doesn't affect my head, however he is in Texas and I am in Tennessee.

A lot of places are not prepared for a big Earthquake. It is really a shame too...but hey....we are only people. TPTB do not care one bit....it shows.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

True.....we are NOT as prepared as we should be....Look at what happened to Japan, and they thought they were ready! The walls they put up to stop a tsunami didn't work. Not because they weren't structurally sound, but because the ground sunk several feet, and the water just passed right over it...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainKostr

I don't drink wine but I will make a note
of what is in it so I can check it out at
the health store. That is a good thing
to know, thanks.

I sure wish Middlebrook would stop
by with an update, getting a little nervous
as the prediction time approaches. Maybe
I shouldn't worry about it but I do.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by MamaJ

True.....we are NOT as prepared as we should be....Look at what happened to Japan, and they thought they were ready! The walls they put up to stop a tsunami didn't work. Not because they weren't structurally sound, but because the ground sunk several feet, and the water just passed right over it...

Man, I know it that was crazy! We have overpopulated areas to a point where most areas would be devastated. The New Madrid for us would be gravely horrific (I think) if we had anything close or over a 7. Hell, a six may even be awful. The gas and oil lines, not to mention any nuclear sites.

The activity has picked up the last several days...hopefully it will calm down after the alignment/new moon.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

MAP 4.1 2011/11/01 15:38:23 35.687 -117.621 7.1 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
USGS

I believe there was another smaller one, not listed yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

MAP 4.1 2011/11/01 15:38:23 35.687 -117.621 7.1 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
USGS

I believe there was another smaller one, not listed yet.

I remain alert as I know you do as well. We have a geomagnetic storm going on at present and not sure if this is the cause but we could be in for more today and the next several days as the active sun spot comes to earth's side. Time will tell. www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

MAP 3.0 2011/11/01 23:25:24 33.381 -116.334 10.6 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
USGS

And another

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yahoo news link 2005 YU55

2011 has been an eventful year for space junkies. We've already seen the final flights of the Space Shuttle program, the revelation that water may still exist on Mars, and even a close call with a sneaky asteroid that just barely grazed by our planet. On November 8 we'll add another exciting event to that list as the massive ball of rock and chemicals named 2005 YU55 will pass within 202,000 miles of Earth.

Ok, I'm guessing, but I think this will cause a large Geomagnetic spike and quite possibly be a huge factor in TM's suggested prediction. Wasn't it Nov 8th that was mentioned previously?

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join