It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So,TM said to re-read GESS.
Here are some bits from the pdf file that I will link to.

On page 16.

Ivins (2002) and Rundle and Kellogg (2002) argue, instead, that earthquake systems have “memory,” with large earthquakes moving the crust away from SOC through “stress shadowing” (Fig-ure 2.1). This provides testable observations of seismicity and late seismic cycle deformation that could be measured both seismically and with radar interferometry (Figure 2.2). The stress shadow models for the earthquake cycle (Figure 2.1) predict that when the surrounding crust is moved away from SOC less background seismicity is expected, but as a future earthquake approaches an increase in surrounding activity should occur. The basis for this model is the seismicity and stress shadow models derived for the large earthquake sequences of the 1990s described previously. The exciting aspect of these recent seismic cycle models is that they predict temporally and spatially varying deformation patterns in the termination regions of locked fault segments. These models can constrain earthquake fault system behavior, and should be of a magnitude measurable with radar satellite systems. Part of the model for individual faults and fault systems consists of sections that experience either continuous or transient creep. Creep, or aseismic slip, describes slip on fault surfaces that does not produce seismic waves, or discernible shaking. While some creeping fault segments are recognized, and several such segments are monitored locally in wellinstrumented regions such as California, many creeping faults are still unknown. InSAR is a valuable measurement technique for detecting and measuring the spatial and temporal characteristics of creeping faults (Figures 2.3 and 2.4), including strike-slip faults

solidearth.jpl.nasa.gov...

The pictures on that page are just like this one.
Now all one has to do is get a visual picture of the faults,and look for swarms on them then look where there is no activityon that fault line.

Something I forgot to add.I would keep an eye out for mobilization of FEMA and others such as the National Guard,just like they would do to prepare for a hurricane.They only difference would be the public may not know about it but they are positioning the nessasary resources in case it happens.
edit on 14-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Well, the sisters tying into this would go along with my theory. San Andreas=cascadian subduction zone=volcanic ranges=calderas=new madrid fault

it is a very large connect-the-dots pictures and we are missing several dots.

remember that the leading theory on the cascade range is that they are fed (magma created) by the friction caused in the subduction zone. Movement in the subduction zone would/could equal increased magmatic intrusion. The ETS (episodic tremor and slip) ties into ALL of this....and extends down into california, well past where the tremor array is. The person in charge of monitoring it told me previously that they were trying to get the fund/agreement to extend the array further into california. I'll dig up that email.

ETA: Here is the first, relevant part of the email:

Tara,

Extending further south is definitely an interest of ours, but there are issues to work around regarding data flow between different networks. The stations down there are beyond the PNSN's network.

The evidence is mounting from here as well as other subduction zones around the world that these tremors represent the plates slowing slipping past one another and has nothing to do with magma. And there's no other seismic evidence to suggest such a magma body exists. I wouldn't worry too much it....

edit on 14-9-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Gamma Ray Burst?
What makes you think that?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

This is starting to get a little scary.

I've been poking around but figured we'd all end up regretting the time we've wasted. Keep
up the great work WC and I'll keep looking too.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You should read this entire thread, as well as the last few pages of the Arkansas earthquake thread (here). Everyone you see here has been following this from day one (or thereabouts), and they know exactly where they are and why. There is no need for speculation about GRBs, or about the identity of westcoast (I don't know why anyone would doubt her identity, anyway... anyone who's been here longer than a few weeks would know her sincerity in trying to understand what is truly going on in her own backyard, so-to-speak). So, I would suggest either contributing to the thread as it stands now, or keep out of it. Any helpful information would be very much appreciated, but speculating on the identity of one of the most truth-driven people on this site...we don't need it.
edit on 14-9-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It's a shame that different networks working in the same field can not share their information!
Sounds like the FBI and CIA.

Thanks again WC for all the great info. I don't have to tell you to be very alert.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry too much it....

Why does this statement worry me?

I stop paying attention to this for one night, just one night, and there's already so much to catch up on. I love keeping myself busy (even right now, I've got two computers open...almost both on my lap at the same time), but, sometimes, it keeps me away from getting deep enough into potentially important things. And this, I would say, is potentially pretty important.

I think I've satisfied myself that the 4.2 was beyond the scope of statistical predictability, and that tmiddlebrook's prediction... well... it impresses me. And it takes a lot to impress me (some people around here know that quite well).
So, either he/she knows something, or they got lucky.

The implications of having accurately predicted "foreshocks" in SoCal... I seem to recall tmiddlebrook saying that "M8" was a magnitude reference, and not a reference to the algorithm, meaning they're expecting the main quake to be 8-ish. Meaning they have some way of accurately predicting what size the potential earthquake will be. Meaning they must have some program to allow them to do so. Meaning...
...and that brings me back to the M8 algorithm.

And now I'm just thinking out loud (I just reminded myself of Robin there for a second). So, what I'm gonna do now is try to read the information that's been posted in the past couple pages and see what I get out of it.

I must say, though, I'm a fan of the connection between New Madrid with Cascadia. That would explain why so many of the faults across the continent appear to react to each other. I'm just wondering what sort of effect a megathrust earthquake at Cascadia could have on New Madrid.
And it's at this point that I would even go so far as to suggest that the megathrust quake of 1700 at Cascadia shifted the system enough to cause pressure to build in New Madrid, until that gave way in 1811.

Again, thinking out loud.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
A potentially related thread has popped up: South Ontario mysterious rumblings

Originally posted by whiteblack
Link here

"Last night it was really bad," said MaKenzie. "We went outside and it was almost like it was vibrating your eardrums."

The Ontario Ministry of the Environment has ruled out industrial sources as the culprit, but Coun. Al Maghnieh wants to know why. "They're not giving us answers,"

"It's just frustrating," said Jeff Temple, who lives in a basement unit. "I want to know what's causing my walls to vibrate."

I have heard about this before but seem getting worse now. It's one of these mysterious that hasn't been solved yet. Strange, isn't it?

Part of the NMZ? Connected to the strange Michigan fissure that opened up a little while back?
edit on 14-9-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Don't worry WC...we all know you would NEVER do something like that......I trust you 100% and don't question your integrity at all. You are a bright light in the sea of ATSers!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Excellent work everyone!

I' e been staying abreast while at work and am about to make my drive home where I have some sick kiddos to help nurse and some tv to get caught up with my wife on so I probably won't be able to do much more than keep this on the periphery of my awareness until a bit later this evening (CDT here).

If anything truly amazing is found, I would appreciate a u2u (easy to se that icon on my iPhone) from anyone and hopefully once my familial obligations are satisfied (read after kids are asleep) I will be able to dig in a bit more.

Stay safe.
edit on 14-9-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typos and stupid autocorrect

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Like I told her, I am interested in this thread, and any speculation is my trying to figure out WHY this is in the HOAX forum....Seems significant to me because it does take it "off the radar" to most Members. Why would ATS want to do that?

I am currently reading both threads and there was speculation that "tmiddlebrook35" alluded to an "M8" and that perhaps we are experiencing a precursor to a huge Gamma Ray Burst, which could be causing tectonic shifts...wish I could find that post, the AR thread is huge

You don't have any right to tell me to stay out of a thread though, if you feel my posts are abusive you can always "ALERT" them, but if you follow my posts/threads at all you would know I am just searching for answers...just like the rest of us here.

Once again, no ill will towards the OP was intended, merely questioning on the HOAX part....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I'm not telling you to stay out of the thread... I'm telling you to read the whole thread, understand where we are, and then contribute with useful information. Why this is in the [HOAX] forum has been answered multiple times, both to you and to several members before you. And, regardless, this thread's location has very little, if any, bearing on its content.

I would suggest you read this post.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
tmiddlebrook posted this at Arkansas thread, noone has seen it yet???

Just a quick update, literally have to log off ASAP, but time is of the essence here. This is what was forecast yesterday, foreshock within 72 to 96 hours:

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 14:44:51 UTC
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 07:44:51 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
16.9 km (10.5 miles)
Region
GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances
9 km (6 miles) SSW (196°) from Yucaipa, CA
10 km (6 miles) WNW (289°) from Beaumont, CA
13 km (8 miles) SSE (162°) from Mentone, CA
14 km (9 miles) ENE (78°) from Moreno Valley, CA
109 km (67 miles) E (96°) from Los Angeles Civic Center, CA
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)
Parameters
Nph=145, Dmin=9 km, Rmss=0.21 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=3

I hope no one is doubting me any longer. More to come.

Please prepare.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Okay, so TM was back to the Arkansas thread about half hour ago. Here it is:

Just a quick update, literally have to log off ASAP, but time is of the essence here. This is what was forecast yesterday, foreshock within 72 to 96 hours:

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 14:44:51 UTC
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 07:44:51 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
16.9 km (10.5 miles)
Region
GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances
9 km (6 miles) SSW (196°) from Yucaipa, CA
10 km (6 miles) WNW (289°) from Beaumont, CA
13 km (8 miles) SSE (162°) from Mentone, CA
14 km (9 miles) ENE (78°) from Moreno Valley, CA
109 km (67 miles) E (96°) from Los Angeles Civic Center, CA
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)
Parameters
Nph=145, Dmin=9 km, Rmss=0.21 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=3

I hope no one is doubting me any longer. More to come.

Please prepare.

"Time is of the essence..." pretty dramatic statement. Does this imply it is the last fore-shock? Makes me think, that at least according to TM, imminent means anytime now.

ETA: ha! Beat me by seconds berkelygal! Are you prepared? Seriously....just keep that thought on the back burner for tonight, okay? Stay safe.

@Signals; I understand your skepticism...especially if you haven't followed any of my threads. I see you are a long-time poster here at ATS and I have no doubt you could contribute a lot after getting caught up. There has been a TON of info ecvhanged in a very short time!!!

Thank you CLPrime and others for your kind words. NOW. Back to business. I am finding the tone a bit more frantic. I am hoping even more they are full of it.....right???

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

"Time is of the essence..." pretty dramatic statement. Does this imply it is the last fore-shock?

I'm interested to know how they could predict such a thing... like, "1 more aftershock in 3 to 4 days, then the main quake." If this turns out to be right, I may have to rethink my whole understanding of secret governmental projects. If earthquake sciences are this far ahead without our knowledge... that may rewrite what I thought I knew about "secret programs."

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I would imagine it is all based on an algorithym. They must have a peak what-ever that has been reached??

Dang...still need to check those GPS stations..off to do so now.

ETA.....my dog that sensed the Japan quake has really been on edge the past three days. He is starting to spook me....barking right now at nothing. A high-pitch excited bark. He's done it on and off the past three days.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

ETA.....my dog that sensed the Japan quake has really been on edge the past three days. He is starting to spook me....barking right now at nothing. A high-pitch excited bark. He's done it on and off the past three days.

As I have seen this with my dog in the past I
am convinced they know.
Please be prepared and take care.
"Time is of the essence" - that really speaks
to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
There has been a TON of info ecvhanged in a very short time!!!

No kidding!! In the first half of the thread we all learned that there ARE new(?) and exotic ways to forecast earthquakes. We've learned A TON about this area of geophysics. So regardless of whether or not this is hoaxed, or if West Coast is not to be trusted (pfft! yeah right!), there is MUCH to be gained from reading this thread.

West Coast

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Maybe you should consider "vacationing" here on my coast for a couple weeks.

The mechanisms that lead to foreshocks, main quakes, minor tremors, microquakes, and aftershocks are complex. I've described them as being the essence of Chaos Theory... like the weather. Predicting such things means predicting something that should, by definition, be unpredictable.
But, then, anyone who's seen the Beautiful Mind knows just how predictable seemingly random things can be. Pigeon movements... soccer players... they're all able to be described by mathematical algorithms, and, I suppose, it makes perfect sense to me that the same principles could be applied to earthquakes. But, such an application would require a vast amount of information gathering.

Now, I'm picturing a bunch of people in dress pants and white shirts sitting in a big room at computers, typing in the latest quake data, and saying to each other things like, "Nailed another one, Jim...guess I owe ya that coffee."
And it's mildly disturbing. What if this coffee he buys for Jim is his last, because what now shows on his screen is a big red dot, labelled "M8", sitting right under them all...not to mention thousands, perhaps millions, of other people who have no idea that room with the computers even exists.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm going to be making sure I have a flashlight and pair of running shoes next to my bed, that's for sure.

I've had my BOBs packed and near the door (along with cat carriers, etc.) since the beginning of the year, and now I'm very glad that it was already taken care of.

But still, I'm really really hoping this is just a bunch of coincidences. The people I care about most in the world are here in the Seattle area & San Diego. I hope all of you guys here will all be okay too. You're an alright bunch of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join