It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
reply to post by kdog1982

It Looks like they were doing events all month according to that FEMA calendar .
Link community.fema.gov...

That seismo cam is pretty neat!

I was watching that cam earlier and it showed the 4.2 on the graph.

Sounds like a few of us here in the middle of the US.I'm in Kentucky

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I'm in Ohio but I can't tear myself away from this stuff. I can't imagine how those
on the west coast must feel having to deal with these things on a regular basis.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I am also in Kentucky and have been watching this thread since the beginning. Do you know where we would stand if the New Madrid went? Are we close to the fault? My brother and his family live in Tamecula (sp?) CA, I worry so much for them. I really think WC is on the money here and I respect her opinion tremendously. all of you guys are awesome for putting this whole thing together.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

And I see you are in the Bluegrass -
my family is in that area and I was
born and raised there. A significant
quake on the Madrid would most
likely be felt in Ky.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So just a quick note to all: robin has requested (poiltely) on his Arkansas thread that comments related to TM be restricted to this thread (or other applical ones should they arise) rather than his. It really is off-topic.

I didn't respond on his thread to try and keep down all the off-topic posts, but Robin, I know you are keeping up on this one periodically so want to say that I agree with you 100%. I am guilty of a couple of posts there myself regarding TM...but if they ARE sincere, than they should have no problem with the request.

I noticed tonight that the deep tremors are back up in Vancouver....146 located today on the south end:

link to map

As to the affect of a large quake on the NMZ...I am not sure. I haven't studied the area or impact enough. All I know is that the last one was estimated to not be all that large by mega quake standards...yet it caused the Missouri to flow backwards and caused widespread damage. This is the problem...it doesn't seem to take much (as seen by the DC quake).

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Another thing to keep in mind is movement of tectonic plates across the globe.
It's like one big puzzle piece and if one moves,so do the others.
For example,this just occurred in Russia where a new piece of land appeared.

Amazing natural phenomenon has been documented in recent days in the vicinity of the Taman Peninsula in Sea of ​​Azov. Huge beds of clay and stone rose by about 5 meters above the Sea of ​​Azov in the Temryuk district of Krasnodar region, forming a peninsula. Scientists suggest that the cause of the “new lands” could be awakened mud volcanoes. Seismologists have carefully calculate the probability of earthquakes, arguing that the population has no reason to panic. The huge strip of land length 800 and width 50 meters literally grew up on the very spot where, just a week ago, lapped the Sea of ​​Azov. Thus, the area of ​​Russia increased by 4 hectares at once.

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

I saw an ATS thread on this somewhere.I just came across it again.

I think the plates are on the move,some creeping and sliding,some jolting causing earthquakes.

I'm also noticing all those new quakes popping up in places you wouldn't expect across the US.
edit on 14-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Snip

Something I forgot to add.I would keep an eye out for mobilization of FEMA and others such as the National Guard,just like they would do to prepare for a hurricane.They only difference would be the public may not know about it but they are positioning the nessasary resources in case it happens.

THIS

Now, it's been some time back but this thread titled Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

Now it was determined that this was just a Request For Information and not a purchase request, but they still wanted the information.

Probably not related but I did want to add that bit. And to reiterate that this (what kdog mentions) would be one fairly easy thing for an observant citizen to notice.

Now I'm going to dig in to GESS. Be back with any interesting bits I find.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Don't forget the request FEMA put in for the underwater body bags.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Looking at the Latest EQs in SoCal @ USGS, it looks like there is plenty of activity... I see 5 little quakes that have popped up in the past hour. And look at all the blue dots from today all around LA. Are we seeing the start of the swarm, as TM mentioned?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
Looking at the Latest EQs in SoCal @ USGS, it looks like there is plenty of activity... I see 5 little quakes that have popped up in the past hour. And look at all the blue dots from today all around LA. Are we seeing the start of the swarm, as TM mentioned?

Also make note of where those swarms are.That red line is the San Andreas Fault.
You notice a swarm to the north and more to the south close to the Mexican border..
If anything where to happen,I would guess it would be inbetween those two areas.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

That's what I was thinking, based on what we've learned in the thread.

Get ready, Fresno & Santa Maria...

edit on 14-9-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Also a swarm up by Mammoth, Long Valley Caldera area.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What's up with the 'ATS Men in Black'? I've only ever seen that once before & it seems to me it was before a big event too! Ooooooo, OOO, oooooo!!!!

Did anyone else notice a pattern today?
Chile 5.9
New Zealand 5.6
Japan none
Alaska 6.1

Also on the 9th:
Chile 5.4
New Zealand 5.9
Japan none
Vancouver Island 6.4

The same pattern as the 188 day quakes, except Japan is suspiciously missing! In fact, those are the only two days when there wasn't at least one Japan quake/day on the list in the last week! More than a little weird!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

I got the Men in Black thing too... took a screen shot if anyone's interested. I guess they think it's "funny" to say on that page, "We are contacting home base in Langley, VA"

The error goes on to say they had a bad hard drive on the server, and are replacing it. As an IT pro myself, I surprised that a site as large and well funded as this doesn't have a more redundant, fault-tolerant storage solution. Seriously, they lose ONE drive in the array/SAN and the site goes down? Come on....

Back on topic: Very interesting correlation you've pointed out here. Will have to run that down... My gut is starting to tell me something is 'bout to go down out in Cali. Or it may just be the burrito I ate...

edit on 14-9-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Double post, because it took over 7 minutes to load & I hit retry!!!!!
edit on 14-9-2011 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Seems they have been having alot of problems with that lately.
They are saying it's from DOS attacks,so maybe somebody doesn't agree with what is being discussed here.

link   

What do you mean by the Men in Black, not getting the reference, but would be curious about that statement.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
I just want to add, because it spooks the hell out of me..

Chile Feb 27 Mag 8.8

188 days later

Christchurch Sept 4 Mag 7.1

188 days later

Japan Mar 11 Mag 9.0

TOMORROW IS THE 188TH DAY from Japan

Actually, the 188 day "anniversary" is at Sept 15, 05:46 UTC. about 2,1/2 hours from now. but, since the other quakes were slightly more than 188 days apart...
Chile-NewZealand 188 days, 10 hours 1 minute
NewZealand-Japan 188 days 13 hours 11 minutes
we probably have 10-20 hours before anything happens...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

What do you mean by the Men in Black, not getting the reference, but would be curious about that statement.

About an hour ago the site went down and displayed a pic of Men In Black with the reason it was off. Someone will post a pic I bet

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

When I tried to post, all I got was a gray screen with three dudes in black suits, just like the movie promo pictures. It was on all the threads that I tried, even when I hit refresh. Mine didn't have an explaination though.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join