It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Natural Way To Get Rid Of Rats?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Is that an actual picture of a rat in your kitchen sink? EEEWWWW!! That will take a baseball bat to kill...

Funny you should bring this up. Last week I went downstairs and found my cat had captured a freakin mouse .... Oh God I freaked out....but....after my freak out I got an old towel and captured it (my cat had grown bored by then). Then I took it outside and crushed it in the towel. I felt bad about it killing something (another Commandment down the drain) but I couldn't have that in my house. So in conclusion a cat is the best answer because even though he didnt kill it, he did catch it and dropped it in front of me....so he did his job.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Put the rats in the basket, or else it gets the hose again?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Look...it's real simple.

Get rid of the food source...

Get rid of the pests, of all types.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ok do this it will work for sure, go buy a American Fox Hound!!!! Those dogs work hard and won't give up till they catch the rodents,,, they hunt by smell, + they make great pets!!! No charge for the Info!!! + my fox hound loves Deer, she protects them,, She will lay by them for hours,, its so cool..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a shop I use to work at had the worst infestation I'd ever seen, fox urine that you can get at a feed store worked overnight

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Leave out some Skoal or Cope. (straight, longcut)
They love it but cant handle it or don't know how to dip right.

Works for ants to.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Not sure where you live, but you might be able to buy a few kingsnakes and release them into your yard outside (I'm not sure how many it would take). They are great for this, and they are a good type of snake - safe for humans to live around.

Call the wildlife agency near you if you need to. They might help. Or, a local pet shop or university (they have professors who study snakes - herpetologists)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
1. Go to your local animal shelter
2. Pick out a mean looking cat, preferable with a few scars (means he knows how to get down to business)
3. Give him an intimidating name (will boost his confidence)
4. Take him home, hose him down (because he probably stinks, and it will make him mad, which will help with #5)
5. Unleash him on the rats
6. Tell him you're sorry for the whole hosing down thing ("It was just business, it wasn't personal! You know that, right? Right?")

Love this advice

Another post suggested a dog - there are a couple of breeds that were originally developed specifically to be "ratters." If you go the dog route, make sure you do your breed research. You'd be amazed at how effectively instinct can kick in with these guys. Rather sad your cat isn't willing to step up, but I can relate. My cat cornered a mouse once, and just cried when it wouldn't play with her.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Do you no anyone who owns a snake?
leave a bit of snake poo around or hang a snake skin and you wont ever see a rat again.
I speake from experience,worked for me and all my freinds

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
...here, check into these, kro man... i used em here after i moved down to take care of mom... her garage, shed and back porch were infested with rats... the whole hood is covered with pecan trees, so its not like i can eliminate their food supply... i bought four at walmart - was cheap (mightve been a different brand)... they worked great in the garage and on the back porch but i aint never going back into that shed cuz the one i saw in there (nearly 4yrs ago) was bigger than most cats and it traumatised me (sniffle)...

www.victorpest.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
you get rid of the food source, you get rid of the rats.

get rid of bird feeders, make sure any loose food is contained, lids on trash cans, etc.

dont use poisons, then the rat goes somewhere and now you have a corpse.

use traps, drown them humanely.or there are traps that instantly kill them.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

if they really work then fab,im lucky enough to live with a mad into animals chick(was a zoo keeper for years before the kids.)

edit on 26-8-2011 by marvinthemartian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

eh thanks for that bud, have tried just about every oldwives tale under the sun without much luck, but not that'n maybe I'll get some from my sister and give it a whirl
jus kidden she has'nt done that since HS
edit on 26-8-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
From personal experience, nothing but poison works when you do it yourself.

D-Con is the best stuff there is. Perhaps you could have your cat stay with a friend for a week.

The rat (s) will eat the pellets up and then start to get dehydrated. They will go outside to find a drink. There they will die, relieving you of indoor carcass and smell. It does work.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Looks like kro32 got caught in a little rat trap of his own. Such a pity

kro32

Banned

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
your cats need to step up to the plate! what are they waiting for? lol

If your cats won't do anything I suggest getting a trained falcon. One screetch and those rats will be running!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The cheapest and easiest method of ridding your home of rats/mice/etc. is with cucumbers.

Pick up a few cucumbers from the store, chop them into halves and place each half inside a plastic bag and/or on a plate. Place the cucumber pieces in random locations in your home, such as under your sinks, in closets, anywhere the rats would be likely to live/scavenge for food.

The smell of cucumber tricks the rats/mice into thinking there are snakes, which will drive them away for long periods of time. Actually, most household pests can be dealt with in this manner, except for spiders and roaches as far as I know.

I've done this myself, I managed to rid my home of a serious infestation in under a week using this method.

Good luck!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join