It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NBC Doesn't Broadcast the Olympics Live

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Anybody catch the ping-pong matches? Dude they were killer.

I mean, the players would towel off, receive sideline coaching, and celebrate after each point.

I'm heading to the rec. hall to kick some pong a$$.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
All I have to say is how much Olympics can u watch in one day!!!!! OMG!!! I think today it's on for 6 hours!!!! I'm all for being proud of your athlets but enough is enough!!!!Isn't that what ESPN and all those sports channels are for?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

From what I have seen of american coverage, and because it is edited, it only focuses on American athletes. Which is fine but other coverage is blocked. How many people in the US have access to CBC Newsworld International or BBC for example?

because we arent allowed to by european companies, its some copyright thing that makes it illegal to do that.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Actually, I think we aren't allowed to by NBC. They declare they have exclusive rights to all Olympic coverage throughout the US.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
thats true, but anywhere outside of europe cannot broadcast anything of the olympics from european tv channels.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by namehere]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Actually, lol, I think its just both, and thats why we are both confused.

But the footage will be highly restricted to protect lucrative broadcast contracts, which are sold by territory - $793 million paid by NBC alone. Web sites must employ technology to block viewers from outside their home countries, so U.S. Web surfers won't benefit from the BBC's live coverage. They'll have to settle for highlights posted after NBC broadcasts, which are already largely tape-delayed.

Everyone wants to maximize viewership of their respective coverage.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
yea, i edited my post to correct myself, thats what i was trying to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join