It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China announces support for Palestinian UN statehood bid

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
lets see who is backing the palestinian state:

hamas
hezzbollah
muslim brotherhood
iran
syria
egypt

and now china

yep sure is great isnt it

Gee mate, there's quite a few additions to that list ya got there.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Maybe because Israel has NEVER recognized Palestine other than for ethnic cleansing and target practice.

BTW, I say Good on China

So I am guessing then that the other 20 +/- occasions where Palestinians were offered a homeland, refusing each time, fell somewhere in the middle of all the ethnic cleansing? Or was it during Palestinians ethnic cleansing of Israel and her citizens?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
lets see who is backing the palestinian state:

hamas
hezzbollah
muslim brotherhood
iran
syria
egypt

and now china

yep sure is great isnt it

You are missing lots of countries in your list... There are more 7 countries just here in South America

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
China could beat anyone in the world, except Israel.

Somebody's going to make them regret that announcement. Hmmm...Israeli sub sneak in and sink the Shi Lang Aircraft carrier?.....nano technology warfare used against China? Send a space probe up to direct the Snap10a US satellite with the nuclear core in melt down 4,000 miles above the planet...direct it at Beijing where it will reach hyper criticality just above the surface after re-entry and give them the dirtiest of all bombs....and everyone will think it's a Comet strike?.......

You don't mess with Israel. They'll remind China who runs Earth.

bud there is probably more people in china than there are bullets in Israel...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Don't argue with neo96, you cannot defeat his impenetrabl[y broken] logic. He is a master of the hit-and-run debate.

Interesting discussion of the gamesmanship behind this. If China is backing a Palestinian state so that they, with their own UN veto, can defy American Zionism, then we should see some awesome poker faces in the months to come. If China seriously backs this, then it gives non-Zionist Americans and weak Zionists an out - they can claim that the international community backs Palestinian statehood, that the UN backs it, that the world's emergent powers back it. They can claim that it would be foolhardy to defend a one-state solution against the force of world opinion, and undemocratic. It would make it easier for them to get what they've wanted at least since Jimmy Carter times; the two-state solution.

On the other hand, rabid maniacal Zionists will bark out that CHINA IS THE ENEMY THIS IS JUST MORE PROOF and the sheeple will eat it up as proof that World War III is inevitable. I regret using the word sheeple here, it is as stupid as stupid comes. I mean those Americans and other conservatives who love to refer to themselves as a flock - - Christians. Unthinking, proudly anti-intellectual, liberal-hating, Muslim-fearing cold war relics that see bogeymen under every bed and monsters in every closet. They would provoke WWIII thinking that it is inevitable when nobody else is even considering it. Which party will win out? The party of rabid morons, or the party of smug humanists?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is a very good news, should support

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Even if Palestine does become a state, all that's really going to happen is that some wackjobs will get sick of having to recognize Israel as a country, attack Israel, and the new country of Palestine will be under Israeli military control in less than six months after its formation.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
I mean those Americans and other conservatives who love to refer to themselves as a flock - - Christians. Unthinking, proudly anti-intellectual, liberal-hating, Muslim-fearing cold war relics that see bogeymen under every bed and monsters in every closet.

As opposed to be and unthinking, proudly anti-intellectual, America hating, jewish-fearing relic who spout nazi propoganda because your incapable of thinking for yourself? Or are their other issues present we should be aware of?

China and Russia have spent their fair share of time in the UN vetoing resolutions that held Iran, Syria and several other middle east countries accountible.

This is a 2 way road which will require give and take on both sides. Hamas has not exactly filled up its dance card since it refuses, even if a palestinian state is created, to find peace with Israel and recognize its right to exist.

Im all for peace in the Middle East, however when your neighbor wants you dead, and will stop at nothing to do it, why bother trying to find a peaceful solution? Maybe Russia and China should pressure Iran and Syria to reign Hamas in and get them under control?

As I said, a 2 way road.

Had the outcome of the Israel - Arab civil war gone the arab route, they wouldnt even entertain an idea of a jewish state. Thats evident now...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Funny how everyone skirts around the issue of TaIwAN AND Tibet. Seems like it would be an even trade. Statehood for palestine in exchange for in recognition of tibet and taiwan.
Excellent point u bring up. Lets see if anyone comes up with a good response.
I think china would scurry away from their position if it hinged on other oppressed countries gaining recognition.
Sorry about spelling and caps, on my celly.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Maybe because Israel has NEVER recognized Palestine other than for ethnic cleansing and target practice.

BTW, I say Good on China

So I am guessing then that the other 20 +/- occasions where Palestinians were offered a homeland, refusing each time, fell somewhere in the middle of all the ethnic cleansing? Or was it during Palestinians ethnic cleansing of Israel and her citizens?

Care to show me the "BEST" total offer Israel ever made in your opinion and we will discuss it??

BTW, I thought the Palestinians were given a homeland by the UN but Israel keeps stealing it.

That's the one they should accept, the original, legal one.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Maybe Russia and China should pressure Iran and Syria to reign Hamas in and get them under control?

And maybe the US should reign in Israel, get them under control..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

BTW, I thought the Palestinians were given a homeland by the UN but Israel keeps stealing it.

That's the one they should accept, the original, legal one.

When Israel was first created there was also the creation of a Palestinian State. Arab governments and Palestinians rejected it.

And maybe the US should reign in Israel, get them under control

With Hamas demanding a cease fire while they contionue to lob rockets into Israel, the Iranina president, again, calling for the destruction of Israel, I cant lbame them for taking a hard stance. Egypt is preparing to hold a massive anti Israel march.

Hamas made their own bed, and the Palestinian people made theirs when they voted Hamas into power.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

With Hamas demanding a cease fire while they contionue to lob rockets into Israel, the Iranina president, again, calling for the destruction of Israel, I cant lbame them for taking a hard stance. Egypt is preparing to hold a massive anti Israel march.

Hamas made their own bed, and the Palestinian people made theirs when they voted Hamas into power.

BS mate, Israel bombed Gaza for no reason and announced more settlements..

WTF would you do, bend over and gel up?????

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
What the Israelis are doing is sickening. Anyone with the tiniest bit of knowledge of International law will thell you that Israel are the worst offenders of all time, well maybe only beaten by the Nazis, it is ironic that they are basically doing to the palestinians what the Germans did to them.

What worse is that they are doing it with the full support of America, without which they wouldnt be able to be such a blight on the middle east.

Israel has no respect for international law, no respect for any other countries and no respect for life.

They are hypocritical and murderous. Go ahead and call me anti-semitic I wont bite, that card has been pulled so many times its laughable, they even tried it on Judge Richard Goldstone who is himself Jewish. Boy he must really hate himself to say that Israel is guilty of war crimes for using excessive force and targeting civillians.

O and more on topic, I fully support Palestinian statehood, however i fear it would be an empty gesture.

If Israel doesnt respect International law or sovereignty why would they respect a UN resolution on Palestinian statehood. But still every bit helps i guess.

This whole mess will never be solved with sociopathic heads of state at the reigns. Maybe someday someone who can think reasonable will get a change to govern and then maybe we could see some peace and understanding.

edit on 26-8-2011 by demoncleaner because: check log 1242

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Actually I would never be in that position for the simple fact I would put the welfare of the Palestinians instead of continually have a state of armed conflict.

Once I secured a Palestinian state, which would be the framework to build off of, I would concentrate on ecnonmic / diplomatic sticking points. Put into place the areas both sides agree on, finalize it and grant statehood. Once that occured we would move into disputed areas, again knowing neither side will get everything they want on their lists.

Compromis and peaceful existance is the goal, its a 2 way street and both sides will need to take the high road.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by demoncleaner
What the Israelis are doing is sickening. Anyone with the tiniest bit of knowledge of International law will thell you that Israel are the worst offenders of all time, well maybe only beaten by the Nazis, it is ironic that they are basically doing to the palestinians what the Germans did to them.

Its also amazing that Hamas / Hezbollah and certain Arab countries are doing to Israel what Nazi germany did when they decided to annex the studentland, austria, france....

As a side not Stalin was actually the worst in terms of dead people - around 30 million dead.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Eventually you'll have to admit that Israel has NEVER wanted peace..

It would mess with their obvious plans.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Offering somebody a new place to live AFTER trying to blow them out doesn't really cut it. If I buried a book under New York stating that in thousands of years time, anyone from my bloodline has the right to kick the people who have lived in New York for those thousands of years out whilst killing them, would it be cool? They have an inherent right to their land.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Eventually you'll have to admit that Israel has NEVER wanted peace..

It would mess with their obvious plans.

All thier plans? You mean when they had to beef up their military and make jsut about every citizen of Israel part of the IDF because they are under constant threat of attack and invasion going back to 1948?

I see you fail to acknowledge that Hamas is part of the problem, since they charter, as well as their current leadership, in addition to Ahmadinejad all calling for the complete destruction of Israel.

Cant imagine why Israel would be serious about defending itself.

I support the creation of a Palestinian state with one exception - get rid of hamas. Hamas has been and always will be a destabalizing entity on this topic. Being Gaza is uncer the control of Hamas, and not the West Bank, the issues are no longer mutually exclusive.

China should acknowledge he destablizing factor that Hamas is, support the creation of a Palestinian state so long as Hamas is disbanded.

Secondly, if China wants to go down this road, then we shouldacknowledge Tibet and Taiwan as independant nations.
Chinas situation compared to Isrraels situation are one in the same.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypernova86

Offering somebody a new place to live AFTER trying to blow them out doesn't really cut it. If I buried a book under New York stating that in thousands of years time, anyone from my bloodline has the right to kick the people who have lived in New York for those thousands of years out whilst killing them, would it be cool? They have an inherent right to their land.

If this is a veiled reference to the Protocols of the elders of Zion, its already been proven time and again to be a complete fabrication / hoax. If you are refering the the bible, and if we are using religion as a basis for Israel and Palestine, then Israel has claim to the land.

Being Islam came around in the 650's +/- AD, their claim is more secure thanwhat Hamas and radical Islam claim.

As I said before, has Arab countres actually won the many wars they started with Israel, and conquered them, Arab countries would not even allow the dicussion of a Jewish State, yet many of you guys ignore that concept.

Arab countries attacked Israel thinking they would win. Not only did they lose, Arab countries lost territory in the process.

Maybe they should of rethought their plan of action before putting the Custer plan into effect. Its the same argument people make about WWII, Japan and the Us dropping nuclear bombs on them. If Japan was not prepared to play the game all the way to the end, then they never should have launched an attack.

The US has pulled Israel back from sever action on many occasions. What is needed is for the allies of Hamas to pull them back. Its well documented that everytime it looks like peace might be possible, rockets / homocide bombers come out in force, derailing the plan.

As I said, Hamas is not intrested in a Palestinian State. They have hijacked that issue, just as they hijacked Islam, for no other purpose than to kill Jewish people and wipe Israel off the map.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join