It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China announces support for Palestinian UN statehood bid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

China announces support for Palestinian UN statehood bid

www.haaretz.com

China says it supports a Palestinian plan to seek full membership in the United Nations next month. China's Foreign Ministry said in a statement Thursday that Wu Sike, its special envoy on the Middle East, told Palestinian leaders in a meeting in Ramallah that Beijing and the Chinese people have always supported the Palestinian cause.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You know, this is wonderful news. It saddens me that to find progress with this issue I have to look beyond my own country, but that's what it has come to. Like a dissident in the old USSR cheering the actions of a different America, I too cheer the actions of vigorous, rising powers that refuse to be intimidated by the bullying of the Israeli state.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Nice find.

Is this wwiii taking shape?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Interesting that China is stepping up to the plate of Official UN Opposition. For decades the only reason that the UN was able to do anything was that it had two opposing parties - the UK/USA and the USSR, along with whichever nations would back them. Western excesses could be checked, as could Soviet excesses. But with the fall of the USSR, there was no significant opposition to Western dominance at the Security Council. Now it seems that China is ready to be that opposition, and it should make the UN a much more meaningful instution once again.

Huzzah!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Gee one Chinese policy I agree with. Miracle.

Zionists got their state, Palestinians can have theirs too. Period.

Israel is not really a real state, it's more an advanced post for the US and UK empires. Israelis are just pawns for the big banks, big oil and big arms dealers that run the US-UK-Israel and most of the world.

So what about they get both their state then stop fighting each other to screw the warmongers and the banks?
edit on 25-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Yes but doesn't the US have a veto? Of course they do. This ain't happening. It should but I highly doubt it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see how widely this is reported in Western media. I was actually sickened at the video of the US senators giving Netanyahu a rapturous ovation not so long ago. It's about time someone showed the Palestinians some support. It's too easy to label someone a terrorist for trying to defend their home. We seem to be hearing more and more these days that people are fighting back against oppression, and in certain circles it has been "predicted" for some time.

Thanks for posting. S&f

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Excellent news!

With luck 'State-hood' will force the two warring groups to rethink how and what they are doing.

M.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

Its nice to see more support for the species there as THEY should have peace somehow. 1 hopes this will help more then cause conflict elswhere in the world..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

But would Obama exercise that veto?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by intrepid

But would Obama exercise that veto?

Damn good question. IDK. Would he get a bullet in the head if he didn't?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
China could beat anyone in the world, except Israel.

Somebody's going to make them regret that announcement. Hmmm...Israeli sub sneak in and sink the Shi Lang Aircraft carrier?.....nano technology warfare used against China? Send a space probe up to direct the Snap10a US satellite with the nuclear core in melt down 4,000 miles above the planet...direct it at Beijing where it will reach hyper criticality just above the surface after re-entry and give them the dirtiest of all bombs....and everyone will think it's a Comet strike?.......

You don't mess with Israel. They'll remind China who runs Earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Wish I'd thought of that when filing out my entry for the "Future Comic Book Writers of America" club. I would have been so cool.

We often talk of false flags. I wonder if anyone will ever make real use of one to make Israel actually look as dangerous as they are. They're a bunch of sociopaths deriving their sense of entitlement from a war that brought them immense suffering, which they continue paying forward.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
so does this mean that tiawan and tibet get there statehood too? think tibet has been occupied far longer then most places. in my opinion i think this is chinas way of attempting to put us in a corner politcaly do we veto it and defend our long time ally and thus look badly in the international comunity or do we give up on israel and thus send the message even our long term frends can be replaced and run the risk of loosing further allies

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
and thus send the message even our long term frends can be replaced and run the risk of loosing further allies

Times and circumstances change. 70 years ago Germany was an enemy. Now they are an ally.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Yes but doesn't the US have a veto? Of course they do. This ain't happening. It should but I highly doubt it.

The Palestinian vote coming up in the UN is nonbinding. Its a temperature vote of where countries stand on the issue. Hypothetically speaking if all members of the UN security Council voted for the Palestiinian resolution, it still would not creat a Palestinian state.Thats why there is a lot of back and forth about a unilaterally declared state.

Should be interesting though..

The one issue I see came up in the land for peace deal that Israel was talking about. Hamas went on record saying they will never recognize the existance of Israel.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The one issue I see came up in the land for peace deal that Israel was talking about. Hamas went on record saying they will never recognize the existance of Israel.

Maybe because Israel has NEVER recognized Palestine other than for ethnic cleansing and target practice.

BTW, I say Good on China

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
lets see who is backing the palestinian state:

hamas
hezzbollah
muslim brotherhood
iran
syria
egypt

and now china

yep sure is great isnt it

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
lets see who is backing the palestinian state:

hamas
hezzbollah
muslim brotherhood
iran
syria
egypt

and now china

yep sure is great isnt it

And who does the US back?

Israel
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan(provisionally NOW)

Good question. Glad you brought it up.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I was just reading about UN Veto's HERE

Personaly I find it odd that only 5 nations have the power of veto. It doesn't make any sense.

I mean why should UK have a veto when say India or Brazil or Canada or Australia or any African nation don't have it .... much bigger countries, with larger populations.

In the article I linked there is a suggestion that power of veto might be dropped in future as it prevents the majority having their way. Therefore veto's are un democratic.

Are not all these wars we are fighting to establish democracy and then the big (or not so big) 5 don't do democracy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join