It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No birds singing today - strange quiet

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
To update: skies are silent at all times now. Just the occasional raven, seagull or pigeon flying around here.
Two weeks before Christmas we put out a bird feeder. It still is untouched. Very unnerving.
Way too quiet - except for those sky sounds.
Connections?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Same here in Toronto Where i live i used hear alot of birds but its way to quiet a few pigeons are flying though but i haven't seen the smaller birds in a while.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

wow
i guess you and i are on the same boat hey i heard rumors that a crack opened up on the bottom of the floor at our Ontario lake did you heard the same stories?
edit on 25-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Gak -- it wasn't around Rochester Basin, Ihope-- from '97:
www.eprf.ca...

Did the crack make the news at all? Cause I know the one here didn't. Sssssshhhhhhhhh

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Stuff I never envisioned writing about, muchless living through it-- the sound of birds exactly 15 minutes ago startled me so, I had to come and post about it. It was the typical winter songbird chirps, and it lasted for 3 seconds. Too quick for me to identify-- it was close; but the bird feeder still sits full.

As I type, I hear those jet sounds - been almost constant for the last few days; its very subdued, hard to pick up on our recording equipment. No trumpets, just jets. Leads more to the magnetic ionosphere connections?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
K, I'll stop after this one -just heard 2 chickadees.. those, I know.
This is the first time in literally months. Just a few chirps, but it sounded like beautiful music.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Just here to say Spring has sprung, there was next to no winter, and about a week ago birds starting to chirp in the mornings again. I can hear the odd chirp now.
They are starting about an hour later than last spring, and there aren't near as many of them as last Spring.
I haven't checked the bird feeder this week, but it still sat full 2 weeks ago. Another in the city reported the same, and she has also noted the lack of reports on the missing birds.
The only msm stories speak of predators killing off a lot of them. While there are predatory birds and other wildlife sadly being forced out of their habitat, I find it hard to believe predators got most of them.

There has never been a song so sweet to my ears as that of the morning birdsongs.
Didn't realize I'd ever be writing that, you never know what you have got til its gone.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm in Maryland and have notice almost no activity from our bird houses in our yard the last 3 days. There is usually sparrows,finches and robins flying around constantly,especially in the morning. This is very strange and quite eerie.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join