It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No birds singing today - strange quiet

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

Yes, and we've seen and heard the occasional birds who are out of season here as well - we've seen a couple of chickadees already and they shouldn't be here yet.

The berries and seeds in your yard that should be gone by now, and the confrontational hummingbirds - bizarre is the word I can think of this morning..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I notice a LOT of birds darting back and forth across the sky this morning outside my window. I never see that. I went outside and there are mostly blackbirds and crows with some songbirds and they all sound reserved and cautious. I have noticed so much silence the past week and at night its like a ghost town whereas usually there is a lot more going on..even ambient noises. I posted in another thread regarding earthquake clouds i saw last night. So that plus yesterday morning my cat did the meowmeowmeowmommywakeup oddity..night before last i was cleaning with urgency like a previous poster described and i also was feeling moody. I was so out of sorts. My sleep has been strange with a tendency to passtheheckout around the times of max silence at night. What was most curious regarding this is a hum or vibration/oscillating sound present that i am trying to pinpoint. Its all i can hear when that ghosttown silence happens. I have sound isolation software on my phone which i used to get an idea of the sound..its such a low frequency that the headphones i had couldnt register them so i changed headphones. I found within minutes of listening and looking at the signal on the tiny waterfall I fell into a strange sleep and i e probably because the phone battery ran out. I am very curious though.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Forgot to mention
my phones idiocy at typing caused me to forget to mention i am in SE VA.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have also seen the birds darting back and forth in unusual form, especially the blue jays.

Having watched birds in my yard for more than 30 yrs I know the danger squawk of the blue jays. When I hear it I always look in that direction and it is either a snake , hawk or owl. That sound is unmistakable.

Unfortunately the last few weeks they have been sounding the danger squawk as they fly from one end of the yard to the other . I have tried several times to try to locate the danger but it is not there.

I am wondering what is scaring them so much .

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I was so happy to see this. Yesterday my youngest asked, "where are all the birds". We saw one late in the evening but where have the birds gone? Enen the crows are gone. I also noticed tha yesterday my dragonfly was missing. The dragon fly has been buzzing around for weeks.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well yes the behavior of my dog definitely puzzled and upset me. It got to the point I decided to trust her instincts and avoid the fields. I can not tell if it was the fields themselves and what might be going on underground that scared her, or if there was something about being under the open sky that disturbed her. I do live in an area where the mysterious rumbling has been heard and I also had an extended and unhappy experience with low frequency vibrations nearly driving me nuts in 2004 shortly after my baby was born. That lasted several months and I never completely learned the cause. They were installing underground cables for Verizon FiOS service around that time but the vibrations continued well after installation activities moved completely out of the area. I've heard other types of digging work since then and nothing produced that maddening hum that seemed to bother only me. My husband could not seem to detect it, but faintly on occasion. To me it was a significant hum at my skull.

I got some really amazing attacks of Vertigo last night and I'm not sick at the moment. I was sick last week with a nasty stomach bug and runny nose but I'm fine now. I got that kind of vertigo before and during and right after the VA quake so, between my vertigo and the reports of odd animal behavior here, I won't be shocked if we have another quake in this region.

As for hawks, we have a ton of them. Some of these huge birds may even be eagles, too. Having these birds around in noticeable numbers started about this time last year. Before that, they were not a common sight where I live. And the few we had, kept more over the pure agricultural areas. They did not circle and fly over suburban yards like they did this year. Even my dad who lives just outside of Washington DC in a very old blighted noisy suburb has seen them. Unlike me, he knows birds and has said he has definitely seen eagles. What is odd to me about seeing them is I never have seen them actually catch anything. You'd think with all the circling and swooping these huge birds do, and with all of our squirrels, field mice and chipmunks, I'd see one of these huge birds catch a meal. But I have thus far never seen such a thing.

We have had spiders in massive abundance this year. We have web spiders and hunting spiders of all sizes and kinds. It's been a bumper crop for spiders this year. Yet we still have a cricket population explosion in my yard, how odd. I guess the bugs heard we don't use pesticides! Still the pesticides have taken their toll in our town. I saw very few butterflies this year anywhere.

One more thing I noticed about my dog that I forgot to mention, is that she has smelled a few of the mushrooms that have sprouted up around here and her reaction is interesting. Now this is a dog who is always looking for something to eat, every minute of everyday. She even eats poop! So she will sniff anything that catches her eye. Well every time she sniffs a mushroom she leaps back like her nose got burnt and goes on to step carefully away. I have no conjectures. It's just an observation. She has been known to eat cooked mushroom on occasion.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I had to let people know, today the birds are singing. It was so startling to hear chirping, singing that my husband even commented on it. One robin was calling away, it sounded like a rain call but no rain in the forecast. After a week plus of the birds basically being MIA, it made for a delightful morning.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Yesterday morning there were no bird singing where i live as well. All the robins seem to still be gone..However i do seem to have some black birds and maybe only 2 blue jays left..I was waiting for something to happen here yesterday or was it the day before..(memory) im uses to waking up to singing birds but lately something has changed.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Always glad to hear any birds back!
Still silent here.

Always interesting to hear how the other animals are acting too. We have no furry pets, so I can't speak on pets.

Odd behaviour from the racoons, the squirrels, hedgehogs, crickets, dogs, cats being reported also has me very puzzled.

It must be something in the atmosphere - magnetic waves, etc.??
I still recall the article saying the birds disappear days or weeks before an earthquake. With all the sightings in so many different parts of our world (shocked at the # of locations reported in this thread!) -- what-- can we have a world-wide earthquake?

Never thought I would be thinking this stuff. Still searching for some answers.
And, as always, very appreciative for the posts.

Keeping my eyes/ears out,

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Blessed be all,
Update: We have birds!!!!! When I say birds, I mena a never ending frenzy of birds, some of which should have already gone South for the winter! My friend from Kelowna ( BC ) just told me the other day that coyotes are coming in to town and taking cats and dogs for food and bears are also coming down in to town!! And +25 degrees Celsius in October!! And I still have the water taste in the air and now lately I am no longer hungry ( the thought of food makes ne nauseous ) and my sleeping patterns are on the fritz!!
What is going on with our Mother???

Namasté

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Did we ever find out the cause of all those bird deaths at the start of the year?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrHappyman989

Not so far as I know. Birds are back in town and singing again here, too, as we had several warm days in a row with no rain. I saw lots of robins and a few small birds that might have been wrens. I was shocked, there were some going for the few fallen seed fruits from my trees that the squirrels had missed. If the birds would have been around a few weeks earlier like they did the past few years they could have had their pick of the seeds. Also my small tea rose bush finally bloomed. I'd waited all summer for it to bloom but it was dormant after one spring bloom. WTH is going on? Roses dormant in the summer and blooming in October? Birds that I'd thought migrated out weeks ago putting in an appearance?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I have some of my birds back as well..ALl the robins left.the finches and the cardinals as well..Now there back..Yea...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

This morning when I was out walking my dog I saw a male and female cardinal and heard birdsong elsewhere around the woods. As I had posted a couple of weeks ago in another bird related thread, for weeks the woods were completely devoid of the presence of birds. Now they are back and things seem normal again. I'm not complaining about things being back to normal, but I am wondering why the birds disappeared in the first place and wonder where they were when I was not seeing or hearing them. And my goodness, as I type this I can hear birds singing outside my window. Again, this is the way it should be, even during migration. Around here even in the cold of winter we normally have some birds around. They don't all migrate.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oddly enough, some of the birds returned, that had vacated for a few weeks. Have seen a few robins, and some sparrows.
Seagulls, altho they're not near as chirpy as they were before the first week of August, when all the fowl appeared to take a hike, are around. I still note their somewhat strange flight behaviours at times.

There is the occasional crow, but again, mostly silence in the skies except for the few that should have left by now, from what we can tell. The flocks of Canadian geese headed south fly mostly at night.

We also had crazy-warm weather here last week. The same week southern Virginia had a snowstorm.

I don't know whats up with the late-blooming roses - is it related to a lack of bees?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

I don't know what is up, but the birds and animals seem to.
Not good with the wild animals being forced to look for food. Won't improve any time soon. Sounding more and more like a horror novel - that has most likely already been written.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
On an updated note. There has been strangeness with some birds at night. I sit outside at night and talk to my guy on the phone at all hours. Sometimes out of nowhere the birds in the little cherry trees that line the road outside the apartment will chirp and freak out like theyve been startled by something. Or just start singing..They pipe down quickly but its weird. We have had qite a lot of activity quakewise in the past few days and last week too a bit and I have noticed more nights where the outside is silent to the point of discomfort. The other night I couldnt stand to even be out there for more than a few minutes. I plan on keeping a journal of some of this with dates and times and comparing it to earthquakes and space weather conditions for a better record.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rbkruspe

How is your journaling going?
The silence here is so not right, either.

We heard 3 finches yesterday, albeit they were short chirps, spread out during the course of the day.
I swear the outdoor silence is like being in a post-apocolyptic movie.

Birds also flying in strange patterns, and yes have also seen some bumping in to each other in flight.
A friend sent a link to possibly help explain it, will research it and post if it appears relevant.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Have to say where i am in Yorkshire, there are plenty of birds flying around. Bigger flocks than we see most years though! I don't know anything about birds tbh but is it possible that we have some of your missing birds?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Like I've said, always happy to read reports of birds - anywhere!
Relatives in Yorkshire have reported a lot less pigeons a couple of weeks ago.
Hope everyone's back!
Thanks for posting.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join