It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No birds singing today - strange quiet

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Update: Still no birds.

I went out of my way to find some in the area. I witnessed a couple of sparrows in the far trees in the hills but nothing major like the ones that come around in the morning.

Also, I heard a single cricket last night. A SINGLE CRICKET!! AGHHHH lol no idea what that's all about.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
We have some MIA birds here too (Western Washingont State, USA). At first it was no birds, with the exception of crows. But even then, they were squaking and fighting like nuts. Instead of pretty bird songs in the morning, it was like a bunch of PMS-ing crows having fist fights with each other. But this last week, even that has stopped.

But a couple of times I have heard one bird....but not a bird I remember ever hearing in this area. It almost sounds like it belongs in a more tropical/jungle type environment. Kind of unnerves me everytime I hear it, a little disorienting.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Blessed be.
Update: No birds.
And both me and my husband have been on a round trip to Baarle-Nassau ( that is a border town on the border(literally this town is divided in half) between Netherlands and Belgium) and Tilburg. Conclusion : Not one bird was heard during the entire time ( and this takes about 6 hours to complete ) and we are now truly starting to freak out!!!! We have not heard the strange rumbling sound here and I continue to taste water in the air ( have done for the past few weeks, normally this doesn't start till oktober for me!! ).

Namasté

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

edit on 9/3/2011 by SouthernRain55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
Have you heard that sound again??
we haven't heard anything like that here, just the electrical mono-toned hum.

Hard to find the words to describe how it is that you are all hearing generally the same noise in different parts of the planet.
I knew we would be subjected to strangeness in these times, but I had no idea.. it would be so strange.

No, not once. Only that one time. I have watched a few videos on the "hum" that you are referring to. Its strange how many places are experiencing that as well. I can't help but wonder if all this is tied in together.

edit on 9/3/2011 by SouthernRain55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SouthernRain55

Crackers - I had no idea of others hearing an electrical hum.. Just did a search on youtube and came up with a video on h arp and mind control. Can't get started down that road here, or is it connected?

Rabbit holes everywhere.

Have to get to sleep.
Why wouldn't the waves it produces affect the birds and wildlife?
? ?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Blessed be.
Update: Still no sign of birds and there are also less insects than there are normally around.

Namasté

PS: Look at the thread : Finally recorded the strange noise in the sky, which was started by StealthyCat.
It is all about the strange rumbling sound heard around the globe.

Namasté

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
the lack of insects is a very good point imho. I spent the afternoon outside and saw very few insects. A few wasps and a few other large insects, but nothing else. Plenty of spiders though, I ran into another huge web this morning - must have been 1,5 meters wide. A nice surprise after watching 'Eight legged freaks' last night'

I've even found another ladybird in my garden, the 3d this year. The past winter and spring could be responsible for the lack of insects, a cold winter and a dry spring. My mother's been telling me since june that the birds are hungry. She grew up on a farm and still looks closely at nature. We have been giving the birds bread and leftovers this whole summer and they were very eager to help us to get rid of it.
Feeding them in summer is disapproved of by experts but this year it seems like a good idea.
Oh, and we've had 2 or 3 more visits from the hedgehog since last sunday. He politely waits for food, if we dont trust his condition we'll inform a hedgehog shelter.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hey, BC here with good news

Since my last post a couple days back, "The Eagle has landed!" .. lol, sort of. Our local eagle has been flying about last 2 days now, screeching like they do, AND returning this morning was the singing of several birds.

Strange occurances for the last week, but all seems okay now.
If anything changes, I'll pop back a post.

ps. That electrical humming sound is interesting stuff, theres alot of videos about it going around with some even sounding like a jet or vaccum, and of course, they usually happen late night. (Anyone smell DUMBS? lol [guessing]) Haven't heard anything like that here though.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FreshNugget

The return of the birds!
Too bad the eagle can't explain his temporary absence... along with all the rest of the singing birds, but very pleased to hear they're back to your part of BC.

Yep, some more digging to be done re: the DUMBs - and yes now that we are talking about it here, that electrical hum was mainly heard at night. Sum-of-a-dumb!!

Thats early Sunday morning humour for ya - need some coffee, Ithink.

to you for your updates and vigilance in posting.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
still no birds sighted near my home .have asked a few friends what they have seen in their back gardens most say the same .the lack off wildlife is very evident for a country boy my bird feeders are still 98% full after 12 days which is not normal have house martins on gable and have not seen or heard from them in last 2 weeks my personal oppinion is radiation from japan

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackbird1973

Blessedbe.
That is the best way to do things, just trust your own judgements and you will do the right things!

Namasté

Update: Still no birds, not many insects except the large amount of spiders in our garden and they are big this year!!!

Namasté
edit on 4/9/2011 by KhaliWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
No birds at all to be seen or heard in my woods or neighborhood, but a ten mile drive around to various places for back to school shopping revealed countless flocks of them on wires and roofs near shopping centers and office buildings. It looks like they are migrating. I could be wrong but it seems to me most are clearing out a few weeks earlier this year. Even the geese were crowded into the more urban areas. But that isn't really unusual around here. There are a lot of decorative man made ponds around. To me the only thing slightly unusual is the timing, not the birds' locations.

So those of you missing your birds may want to drive around town a bit and see if the flocks have gotten on the move a bit earlier than expected.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Update: There were birds around yesterday. They were chirping and everything.

But I found two dead birds in our apartment complex. I'm not sure what thats all about. They were just lying dead on the street.

I might confront them and ask them if they've been using some kind of poisonous sprays?

Also, the birds have went MIA again today : /

This is so confusing.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Were they near windows? Also start keeping an eye out for a cat on the loose. I wouldn't worry too much about just two. I have seen dead birds around all my life, and on occasion will run across clusters of two or three corpses in an area, especially if there is a cat around. I love cats and hate pointing the finger of suspicion on them and risk invoking hostility on them, but the situation with some outdoor or stray cats is what it is. Oh and don't forget the occasional bored brat with a slingshot or bb gun. And of course sometimes something startles birds and they fly into windows really hard. I think another person on this thread or a related one reported an outbreak of a bird virus in her area was taking out some of the local bird population. Skim your local news for such reports. As far as I can determine where I live, all is normal. The birds are on the move, not disappeared. I hope such will turn out to be the case for the birds in the locations noted in this thread. I think despite my intense dislike of the mess, I will fill the feeder this winter and throw in my support for the birds. You really don't appreciate something until you realize you could lose it!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Blessed be.
Update: Still no birds singing, however I have just a few minutes ago seen a Bluetit sitting on my washlines!!!!

Namasté

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The crows started their arguing again yesterday morning. Normally it irritates me, but at this point I was just happy to hear any birds at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I heard a few hours ago a flock of geese, and at the same time, a chirp from a lone bird that sounded like a chick-a-dee, one of our wintertime birds. Am not too familiar with birdsongs except for the usual robins', etc., so unsure of it.

Otherwise its been silent.

Did see a small group of sparrows yesterday, picking in a parking lot - they were even pecking at a cigarette butt-- so disturbing!

Went and got some crackers, they were gone before I got back.
I missed your post the last time around about the hungry birds, Blackbird1973.

The correlations keep coming, and I find it more disturbing by the day.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch
Blessed be.
Update: Still no birds singing, however I have just a few minutes ago seen a Bluetit sitting on my washlines!!!!

Namasté

Is the Bluetit a common bird for your area?
Just referring to the various reports of different birds appearing than the usual.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by nusnus

Were they near windows? Also start keeping an eye out for a cat on the loose. I wouldn't worry too much about just two. I have seen dead birds around all my life, and on occasion will run across clusters of two or three corpses in an area, especially if there is a cat around. I love cats and hate pointing the finger of suspicion on them and risk invoking hostility on them, but the situation with some outdoor or stray cats is what it is. Oh and don't forget the occasional bored brat with a slingshot or bb gun. And of course sometimes something startles birds and they fly into windows really hard. I think another person on this thread or a related one reported an outbreak of a bird virus in her area was taking out some of the local bird population. Skim your local news for such reports. As far as I can determine where I live, all is normal. The birds are on the move, not disappeared. I hope such will turn out to be the case for the birds in the locations noted in this thread. I think despite my intense dislike of the mess, I will fill the feeder this winter and throw in my support for the birds. You really don't appreciate something until you realize you could lose it!

You've great ideas.

Let me address some of your questions.

The birds were no wear near windows or doors. One was a sparrow out by the main gate to the Apartment complex. Its right next to the highway and if there were any lose cats or dogs around, I doubt they'd go out that far for a bird only to leave it dead on the floor?

The other bird was a pigeon on one of the sidewalks. Again, it just looked like it dropped dead. No signs of fighting, or loss of feathers.

You gotta keep in mind that this place is pet friendly and we have dogs and cats everywhere, but they're not running around off leash . I thought of the pigeon hitting someones window and dying, but the sidewalk was far from any windows and that just made it more suspicious.

Ive also looked for news that could be related to this but nothings coming up. No bird virus or anything.

I forgot to mention in my previous update that we had Marmots here uptil a few weeks ago, the management even went out flyers asking if people saw any of our friends the marmots. o.0 So...no idea what thats all about.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join