It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way free will is seen in todays world

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I more meant constraints on the mind, in terms of the filters of memory, experience and the thought patterns they produce through which all choices are made. But this seems to be about as close as we'll get to agreeing so I'm calling it a day. Have a good one

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

That's right stick to what you know. Even if it is not right thinking. The definition of freewill on wikipedia is very interesting and indepth with many different views but i can see that yours is the one you will stick with.
Stay as the confused and unhappy cog that does not know its place.
Or be happy and at peace by seeing the whole.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

The definition of FREE WILL is not really in dispute here...so whether it's interesting, or boring...meh...
My views are consistent with what happens. So are yours, apparently!
'tis my point, my view, is exactly what is happening, even to you!
I'm definitely not confused or unhappy...and I am a cog that knows its place.
That place is to reveal to you and others like you to observe what happens, and not become complacent about your responsibility to your fellow cogs, to understand that your choices and decisions are the most important elements of your FREE WILL.
Languidly accepting that 'stuff' just happens, or that, you have no control over anything is giving up...its lazy...
Take responsibility and create the world you want...all of us little cogs could make a massive golden clock...hey, how 'bout it?

Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

I more meant constraints on the mind, in terms of the filters of memory, experience and the thought patterns they produce through which all choices are made. But this seems to be about as close as we'll get to agreeing so I'm calling it a day. Have a good one

Cheers friend, have a good one.
Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

There are no rules here.
We are in freefall.
Only a human believes in rules and that is because he makes them.
Make the rules and live by them, or be free.
Which?

Please find a reference where it says that freewill is the rule and post it up.

I'm curious...there are no rules... But, there is no FREE WILL?
Then you will be in 'freefall' forever! So mote it be. (according to your FREE WILL)
Good luck being a leaf blowing in the wind...watch you dont get sucked in by a mulcher!

Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Are you going to post the reference that says that freewill is the rule? Or is it just what you believe?
There is Gods will only. Gods will is free. However there is no freewill for humans.
You are being done as is everything.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Are you going to post the reference that says that freewill is the rule? Or is it just what you believe?
There is Gods will only. Gods will is free. However there is no freewill for humans.
You are being done as is everything.

My God, who is Your God, gave us the Gift of FREE WILL to navigate His/Her perfect creation...to take as long as we like to do this (as a loving God would grant His/Her children) to make the perfect realisation (according to the granted Gift of FREE WILL), to jump like a laughing and smiling child into His/Her arms. This glorious Gift of FREE WILL allows us, without a skerrick of coercion, to gambol and play in this creation, until we GROW UP and slough our childish ways, buckle down, and do the right thing. The right thing to do is to follow His/Her rules.
He/She set up the parameters for us to fumble along through lifetimes in this box of atomic slime, until we move closer to our destination, which IS to Him/Her...in the meantime, God did not create a clockwork universe, this isn't a 'test run'...its the real deal! We ain't pieces of machinery for God, we are the flames that are making our way back to the grand conflagration. Amen.

Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla 99

There is no 'your god' or 'my god'. There is God.
God is like the watch, when God moves the entire network of cogs move. The cogs are not separate to the watch. The same as you are not separate from the universe or God. The source of you and all things is God.
You are being done. Universe=one song.
When there is the belief that there is good and bad then all you are doing is judging. There is no choice is this judgement until you see that everything is as it is.
Judgement will continue until it doesn't.
If you say something is wrong that is your belief, it is not the truth.
Words and beliefs about right or wrong are the cause of suffering. There can be no peace in this. The truth will set you free.

Please post the reference that says that freewill is the rule.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Where do you think God is? Somewhere else? There is nowhere else. If you think he/she is in the future or in another place then you will never get there. 'There' is a fabrication, an imagining, it does not exist except as an idea in the head.
It is now and it is here, always and forever.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

There is no 'your god' or 'my god'. There is God.
God is like the watch, when God moves the entire network of cogs move. The cogs are not separate to the watch. The same as you are not separate from the universe or God. The source of you and all things is God.
You are being done. Universe=one song.
When there is the belief that there is good and bad then all you are doing is judging. There is no choice is this judgement until you see that everything is as it is.
Judgement will continue until it doesn't.
If you say something is wrong that is your belief, it is not the truth.
Words and beliefs about right or wrong are the cause of suffering. There can be no peace in this. The truth will set you free.

Please post the reference that says that freewill is the rule.

Are you really under the impression that you are teaching me anything, oh grasshopper?
Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Not at all!!!
The truth can not be taught. It just is.

However lies and delusion can be overcome.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Where do you think God is? Somewhere else? There is nowhere else. If you think he/she is in the future or in another place then you will never get there. 'There' is a fabrication, an imagining, it does not exist except as an idea in the head.
It is now and it is here, always and forever.

Trying to teach me something, grasshopper?
Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Grasshopper was the student in that programme not the teacher.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Not at all!!!
The truth can not be taught. It just is.

You seem to be very young, in the mind; if you aren't indeed young in age. Your ideas are simplistic and your demeanour and mien are similar to ones i had in my early teens. Do you really think you are teaching me anything?
Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Grasshopper was the student in that programme not the teacher.

Bingo!
Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I care not what you believe. You believe that what you believe is the truth, it is your signature.
Beliefs are not truth.
You have nothing to learn but plenty to forget.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I care not what you believe. You believe that what you believe is the truth, it is your signature.
Beliefs are not truth.
You have nothing to learn but plenty to forget.

My signature was granted me, by my guide, who works for the light. My signature is a precept which describes exactly how this plane operates.
My 'job' is, as a revealer, i have revealed. For those who have eyes but do not see, i wish all strength.
For those who are on verisimilous path...i wish more detail. For those who are on the same path...I salute.
Night night, grasshopper.
It's been...entertaining.
Cheers friend
Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I have asked you three times to produce a teaching for me. I may learn to understand why you believe that freewill is the rule if you can show me someone else that says it is true. Otherwise it is your belief.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I have asked you three times to produce a teaching for me. I may learn to understand why you believe that freewill is the rule if you can show me someone else that says it is true. Otherwise it is your belief.

You can ask me as many times as you like.
The reality IS that FREE WILL is the precept which operates at this locum, and all locums which have been created.
It ain't no belief, it is the way things ARE. Whether you believe in gravity or not, you will fall!
Belief has nothing to do with it.
Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Your beliefs are not true. It is a shame you can not find anything that confirms your belief, i would give it my full attention if you did.
Can you define reality?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Your beliefs are not true. It is a shame you can not find anything that confirms your belief, i would give it my full attention if you did.
Can you define reality?

The proof is that you are of the opinion that my 'belief' is 'not true', and that in your life, by dent of this belief...it is not true. This confirms my 'belief' in your experience and everybody elses' experience...as i have said it, so it is.
Akushla

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join