It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milkyway in the daytime?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok don't really know where to put this

I popped outside this afternoon to have a ciggie and as usual looked up to the sky and saw what i can only describe as a pink rainbow cloud... It was crossing the entire sky from my view point and ran SE- NW.... It carries on further to the left than it looks in the pic, I just dont have a good enough camera to capture the whole sky at once!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/364fa41868ad.jpg[/atsimg]

It stood out way more in RL than it does in the pics.... Was it just a really weird pink cloud or the milkyway? The milkyway crosses the exact same line from my view 2-3 hrs later....

edit on 23/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

What time of day did this occur and where are you? Next question: Did this happen any time before the EQ today? oh no.....you know where that'll go!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by Versa

What time of day did this occur and where are you? Next question: Did this happen any time before the EQ today? oh no.....you know where that'll go!

hiya and

Im in England and it was about 6:30? maybe 7pm...... The sunset was to my left (which is west) and the shot is taken right above my head...... there wasnt a pink sunset to my left and all the low clouds were white.

It was a really clear pink stripe across the sky..... Very pretty and looked for all the world like a pink rainbow

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Interesting. I'm wondering if its an aurora event, unusually far south? Where are you located? I checked SpaceWeather.com and we're apparently entering a minor solar wind stream, so some auroras should be happening now. Not sure it's possible for one far south, or so bright as to be seen during the day, though.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
Interesting. I'm wondering if its an aurora event, unusually far south? Where are you located? I checked SpaceWeather.com and we're apparently entering a minor solar wind stream, so some auroras should be happening now. Not sure it's possible for one far south, or so bright as to be seen during the day, though.

Im In Somerset, England which is south west England... If it is something like an Aurora then I am as chuffed as hell at getting a pic!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Very cool picture!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
star and flag cuz you got me saying what the BLEEEEEEEEP is that

somebody page the phage

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
Im in England and it was about 6:30? maybe 7pm...... The sunset was to my left (which is west) and the shot is taken right above my head...... there wasnt a pink sunset to my left and all the low clouds were white.

It was a really clear pink stripe across the sky..... Very pretty and looked for all the world like a pink rainbow

Ah, a pink sunset happening at the same time. I'm now going to guess you were just seeing some of that same pink sunset light being reflected off water vapors in the sky.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

I think LifeInDeath may be on to something there (solar winds).

And now to add fuel to the fire..... 6:30pm in London is 1:30pm EST. Which is ...... well, you know!

edit on 23-8-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

At that time, the Milky Way would have been running from north to south. I could actually have told you it wouldn't have been the Milky Way, anyway, since you said the Milky Way was in the same spot about 2 hours later. It would have moved in that time.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Originally posted by Versa

Ah, a pink sunset happening at the same time. I'm now going to guess you were just seeing some of that same pink sunset light being reflected off water vapors in the sky.

NO there WASNT a pink sunset at the same time, to my left (west) the sky was a slightly darker blue with the same clouds

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Perhaps. But, for a sunset in the west, that would be expected to cross the sky from northeast to southeast, or from northwest to southwest...not from northwest to southeast.
edit on 23-8-2011 by CLPrime because: been getting east and west mixed up all day

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
just a thought, I saw a similar thing in Wales just after an RAF air-show, sounds like similar or maybe practice flights? Are you near any RAF bases?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by Versa

I think LifeInDeath may be on to something there.

And now to add fuel to the fire..... 6:30pm in London is 1:30pm EST. Which is ...... well, you know!

Sorry Im not following you?

Im in Somerset England...... not sure what 1:30pm EST has to do with it?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by trilogy111
just a thought, I saw a similar thing in Wales just after an RAF air-show, sounds like similar or maybe practice flights? Are you near any RAF bases?

no, Im in very rural somerset.... no RAF anywhere near here and it looked like a natural thing not trails of any kind

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

What I'm saying is that when you saw that, it was around the time the EQ hit us here on the East Coast.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

And Now for Something Completely Different is a film spin-off from the ...

" ...The Martian sky is a pinkish yellowish color completely different from Earth's blue sky because of airborne iron oxide dust grains. "

www.suite101.com...

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Flying_Circus
edit on 23-8-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Those are Noctilucent Clouds very high clouds. I see them from time to time here in Nome Alaska

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't think the Milky way can be observed during the daylight hours. I did some checking around before posting this, and I could not find any site stating that this is possible. But, over at Spaceweather.com this was posted

AURORA WATCH: Earth is entering a minor solar wind stream that could stir up geomagnetic activity around the Arctic Circle. Sky watchers at high latitudes should be alert for auroras.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Versa

At that time, the Milky Way would have been running from north to south. I could actually have told you it wouldn't have been the Milky Way, anyway, since you said the Milky Way was in the same spot about 2 hours later. It would have moved in that time.

Aurora then? It was defiantly way above the clouds and crossed the whole sky from my view point.

The sunset to the west wasnt pink, the only pink was that rainbow effect running across the sky

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join