It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harrowing pictures of devastation following the D.C. quake.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

I hear you - I lived in so cal for over forty years, have lived in Virginia for five, and I thought it was my dog scratching his back on my chair for most of it!!

On the other side, I witnessed a rare twister in so cal, and thought I was gonna die. In retrospect, not much more than a wind storm by midwest standards. Guess its just in what your used to.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
All the attention to this minor event makes me laugh and think about those kids in Jurassic park watching the glass of water shake when the Dinosaur was walking....God I wish I could find the clip on youtube haha that Video is the perfect analogy of that Earthquake

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
OP, you really need to get your facts straight.....

THIS.......is harrowing!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/374c88c55129.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

I was born and raised in cali, been gone for 20 years in texas know, went through the best of quakes, landers/bnig bear, the big one in 71 that flattened the highways in los angeles, I was like 9 at the time. I read some of their replys and it is like they want us to be destroyed, we americans as the people, would never say those things to a country that felt damaged. We understand damage and devostation here, it happens sometimes. We are lucky because our buiilding codes have brought our safety to a higher level. Those people on the east coast probably never felt somethign like this before and probably thought hell was comming.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This post is great but some of the replys are sickening

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

True...I was more laughing and making jokes at the responses of people in other threads saying my prayers an etc etc etc go out to the people of the East Coast....In my opinion that's like praying over some1 who stubbed their toe lol... now if this was a big event or if anyone was hurt that's a different story I would't be laughing at the U.S. or any other place. It can happen to us all sometime in the future so maybe it's a good reminder SH** Happens...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I have missed you SD and your witty retorts.

and your right, now that I think of it, that is the usual state of CVS.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Whoa now..

time to call in FEMA...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/193ee7dc205d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a0a337e3ce6.jpg[/atsimg]

I pray the rest of our East Coast members are ok.

. I am shocked by the evidence of the destruction.
Don’t worry It is my understanding that FEMA will be handing out $10,000 vouchers to assist in up righting the tipped over chairs and all entitlements will be increased for those who do not have any lawn chairs.

For a minute I thought a flash mob and not an earth quake knocked the boxes off the grocery shelves

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have lived in Southern California my whole life (34 years) and I have felt strong 5.9 earthquakes that shake my house pretty darn good, big enough to get me wide wake if I had been sleeping. Weird to read other Californians act like this is not noticeable size quake.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the 3 chairs left behind. The trauma suffered by them as they watched their family member fall over must be overwhelming. Imagine, their cousins the rocking chairs probably have had a great time. The world is just so cruel sometimes.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
All the NEWS isn't in yet to determine WHO HAS BEEN HURT OR KILLED...so while you think it's funny to joke around... I'm sure the victims of EarthQuakes will NOT be laughing with you.

After shocks can be far more dangerous then the actual initial event.

It's great to see how many S&F you got for this... it just re-confirms the fact that there are FAR to many people these days that are so harrowing in their shallow self-righteous AS long as it's them and NOT ME thinking.

Laugh away... in the mean-time, looking to find ways to possibly help can be of a far greater importance. After all... (wait for it) you'll be screaming the loudest when you need help because of a Harrowing Experience.

Female dog please.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Those pictures look doctored.

CGI hoax!

S&F for the laugh

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
S&F

Love the pic of the chair, cracked me right up.

Oh the agony, I can't begin to imagine how the owner of that chair would be feeling atm. The poor Americans(jews and their sympathisers) are suffering the holocaust all over again, only the pic of the chair proves this time it's alot worse. Forget about America tearing apart Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, etc, we all need to donate everything we have to the zionist victims of this natural holocaust, 6 million people had their plastic garden chairs overturned, pull out your wallets and lets invade the Palestinians to give these people another homeland.

Can I fit the word "holocaust" in anywhere else?

/end sarcasm
edit on 24-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I lol'd when I saw the chair and realized this was sarcasm

S&F

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiocfaidhArLa
My heart goes out to the 3 chairs left behind. The trauma suffered by them as they watched their family member fall over must be overwhelming. Imagine, their cousins the rocking chairs probably have had a great time. The world is just so cruel sometimes.

Nah, they deserved it. They know full well that the earth is grumpy, and yet they decided to gather around ON the EARTH. Serves them right. or something lol, remembering someone's post about the QLD floods... anyhoo.

slightly off topic /
Interesting name, a bit risky for such a politically varied place.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
AHAHAHAHAHA.

really funny OP.

I'ma make a "I survived the ...." shirt.

Great laugh bud.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Hmmm perhaps Obamas testicles descended?
He''ll finally give up that goofy bicycle helmet and Urkel highwater pants?

edit on 23-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

I can't stop laughing, thanks for that!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Thank You for this wonderful thread.. I got such a huge laugh from it the table and chair pic is just epic..We need a little humor and laughter..Life is stressful enough now days..Peace sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I guess you read through all the replys here and the other threads,

like there were lots of posts about OMG earthquake in (insert state here)

these levels of earthquakes happen all the time in NZ parts of asia and even othe rparts of the states... although big, it is not as huge a deal as was made out in the brief moments after it happened.

People are having a joke on here because it was exactly not as dangerous as was made out and thus in a huge sigh of relief people can have a laugh!!

Why go all high and mighty on everyone, just dont post if it annoys you that much!!
just dont read the thread!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join