Harrowing pictures of devastation following the D.C. quake.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

...Having personally survived the Japan quake I think I'm entitled to a little snark

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I'm from Christchurch New Zealand, I was just about ready to yell my head off if you had posted partial walls collapsed. That is just what i needed! Seriously, it was a smallish quake, no one dead, let it go America. Give the attention to Japan, Chile or even us!

Thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
If I were an immature man. I'd start a thread with pictures of a shattered mirror that fell in my bathroom during the earthquake. Sorry, but I just don't see any comedy in things like this.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
reply to post by Nosred

ha ha ha ha Awesome!!

You are laughing??? How is this even funny? I hope you never have family in an earthquake...wouldnt be so funny then.

Nosred, my Aunt lives in VA about 80miles or so she said from where it happened and she felt it. She has lived there for over 20yrs and never experienced an earthquake. She lives in a valley with mountains around her, she said the sound was creepy.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

So just because Japans was worse and you were in it, it's funny cause this one wasn't bad?

I find it sad you people are mocking the earthquake...Thank god nobody was killed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

OMG the children! What about the children!?!

But no really. I saw a wall crumble crushed a car on the news.
Some stuff got messed up.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

People in DC and Virginia survived 911, buddy. They suffer from PTSD and all people seem to want to do is mock them. Patently pathetic.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

How patently pathetic you are. How does it feel? Heartless and cold, just how does that work for you?
edit on 24-8-2011 by aero56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
You are laughing??? How is this even funny? I hope you never have family in an earthquake...wouldnt be so funny then.

Nosred, my Aunt lives in VA about 80miles or so she said from where it happened and she felt it. She has lived there for over 20yrs and never experienced an earthquake. She lives in a valley with mountains around her, she said the sound was creepy.

I live in Virginia, and it was nothing. It was a little shake. California gets quakes like these several times a year.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
People need to lighten up, or else it'll be their blood pressure they will have to worry about, not a minor earthquake.
Learn to laugh at the world (and ourselves) or else you're destined to be endlessly angry and stressed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

I see nothing funny about idiots or stupid people. No, not funny, pathetic.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by Nosred

What does it feel like to be a mocker, and a heartless jerk? What you sow you will reap.
edit on 24-8-2011 by aero56 because: typo

I apologize for being a mocker, it is grossly inappropriate to make light of the natural disaster that caused so much suffering among plastic outdoor furniture.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Yes but for those who havent experienced them it's scary! She said it shook everything in the office and the building made noises. That is scary esp when you dont have them all the time. You cant compare it to Cali, they are use to it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It really wasn't that bad. I was getting my hair cut at the time, some people in the building didn't even notice it and I only live about 100 miles away from the epicenter. The hurricane that's coming is what people need to be worried about.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

You will reap what you sow, buddy. Remember, when it comes your way, the one who counts will be laughing at you.
edit on 24-8-2011 by aero56 because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

It did come my way, I was in it.

I am a survivor of the great East Coast earthquake of August 23, 2011.

Like I said, this is nothing compared to the hurricane we're about to get.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Yes, you need to pray, a lot. But there is that possibility that your prayer won't be heard anyway.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I don't believe in a god, and even if I did I wouldn't pray to him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join